ConwayLife.com - A community for Conway's Game of Life and related cellular automata
Home  •  LifeWiki  •  Forums  •  Download Golly

Real Life Speeds

For discussion of other cellular automata.

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby Hdjensofjfnen » September 3rd, 2017, 10:26 pm

BlinkerSpawn wrote:For the most part it's just a binary counter.


It is. Once the counter overflows, the tick moves up a slot, and the process starts again... all the way until the end of the line is reached. Then the ship moves one cell.
Life is hard. Deal with it.

Pattern of the month (September 2017):
#C [[ AUTOFIT ]]
x = 7, y = 9, rule = B34tw/S23
2o$2o$4b2o$6bo$3bo2bo$6bo$4b2o$2o$2o!
User avatar
Hdjensofjfnen
 
Posts: 383
Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Location: (394234, -234231)

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby AbhpzTa » September 4th, 2017, 3:05 pm

Saka wrote:Lemme join in with my own rule, it's 7 states and it's based on a binary counter and it's not very slow, colors added for easy viewing:
@RULE BinSlow

@TABLE
n_states:7
neighborhood:vonNeumann
symmetries:none
var a={0,1,2,3,4,5,6}
var b=a
var c=a
var d=a
#IMPORTANT
a,b,c,5,d,4
1,b,c,6,d,6

0,a,b,c,1,2
2,a,b,c,1,3
2,a,b,c,3,3
0,a,b,c,3,2
3,a,b,c,d,0
4,2,0,0,4,5
5,a,b,c,d,0
4,1,5,b,c,6
4,a,5,b,c,5
6,1,b,c,d,0
6,a,4,b,c,4
0,a,b,6,c,1

@COLORS
0 48 48 48
1 255 0 0
2 0 255 0
3 0 230 0
4 0 108 255
5 0 178 255
6 0 255 255

Example:
x = 23, y = 21, rule = BinSlow
5.3D$5.D.D6.A$5.3D6.3D$5.D.D$5.3D4$3.3D.3D$5.D.D$3.3D.3D4.A$5.D3.D4.
6D$3.3D.3D4$3D.3D.3D$2.D.D.D.D.D3.A$3D.D.D.3D3.9D$D3.D.D3.D$3D.3D.3D!


bounding box x*2 : period = 3*2^(x-3)+2x-1 , speed = c/period


ANOTHER RATE ( exponential, base=(1+sqrt(5))/2 )
@RULE FibonacciSpeed
@TABLE
n_states:4
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:none
var a={1,2,3}
var b={a}
var c={0,1,2,3}
var d={1,2}
var e={0,3}
2,0,0,1,0,0,0,e,0,3
3,0,0,d,0,0,0,0,0,1
1,0,0,2,0,0,0,e,0,3
1,0,0,3,0,0,0,0,0,2
1,0,0,1,0,0,0,3,0,2
3,0,0,d,0,0,0,1,0,1
1,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,0,2
2,0,0,0,0,0,0,3,0,0
0,0,0,0,0,2,3,0,0,3
0,0,0,1,0,2,0,0,0,3
0,0,0,d,0,3,0,0,0,1
0,0,0,2,0,1,e,0,0,3
0,0,0,3,0,1,0,0,0,2
0,0,0,1,0,1,3,0,0,2
0,0,0,1,0,2,3,0,0,3
0,0,0,d,0,3,1,0,0,1
0,0,0,a,0,1,2,0,0,1
0,0,0,1,0,2,1,0,0,2
0,0,0,a,0,1,1,0,0,1
a,0,b,0,0,0,0,c,0,0
3,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,1
1,0,0,1,0,0,3,0,0,2
2,0,0,1,0,0,3,0,0,3
3,0,0,d,0,0,1,0,0,1
1,0,0,2,0,0,3,0,0,3

length N : period = (N+3)rd Fibonacci number , speed = c/period

EXAMPLE
N=20 (c/28657 predecessor)
x = 20, y = 1, rule = FibonacciSpeed
B19A!

(c/28657 itself)
x = 20, y = 1, rule = FibonacciSpeed
AB2ACB14A!
Iteration of sigma(n)+tau(n)-n [sigma(n)+tau(n)-n : OEIS A163163] (e.g. 16,20,28,34,24,44,46,30,50,49,11,3,3, ...) :
965808 is period 336 (max = 207085118608).
AbhpzTa
 
Posts: 335
Joined: April 13th, 2016, 9:40 am
Location: Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby Saka » September 12th, 2017, 9:02 am

Idea: Use LCMs! I'm writing a program to calculate the LCM of primes.
Everyone, please stop posting B/S about CA
x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2obo5b2o$11b4obo$2bob3o2bo2b3o$bo3b2o4b2o$o2bo2bob2o3b4o$bob2obo5b
o2b2o$2b2o4bobo2b3o$bo3b5ob2obobo$2bo5bob2o$4bob2o2bobobo!

(Check gen 2)
User avatar
Saka
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby blah » September 12th, 2017, 10:44 am

You could use the idea here to make a 1-cell spaceship with some massive but provably finite speed. Like, counting up to graham's number and then moving one cell. This thread is actually what gave me the idea for that thread.
succ
User avatar
blah
 
Posts: 174
Joined: April 9th, 2016, 7:22 pm

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby gameoflifemaniac » September 12th, 2017, 12:48 pm

Saka wrote:Idea: Use LCMs! I'm writing a program to calculate the LCM of primes.

What is LCM?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ
One big dirty Oro. Yeeeeeeeeee...
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
 
Posts: 379
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: 54°00'39.4"N 21°43'50.5"E

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby blah » September 12th, 2017, 2:16 pm

gameoflifemaniac wrote:What is LCM?

Least common multiple. You could've looked this up; going through Wikipedia's disambiguation page, the phrase "Least common multiple" should stand out as being the only one that would pertain to this kind of thing.
succ
User avatar
blah
 
Posts: 174
Joined: April 9th, 2016, 7:22 pm

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby Saka » September 12th, 2017, 7:37 pm

gameoflifemaniac wrote:
Saka wrote:Idea: Use LCMs! I'm writing a program to calculate the LCM of primes.

What is LCM?

A person who is "like 3rd grade middle school" in maths and someone who "memorized 250 digits of pi and understands infinite sums and integrals" should know what an LCM is.

Sok pinter ini orangnya
Everyone, please stop posting B/S about CA
x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2obo5b2o$11b4obo$2bob3o2bo2b3o$bo3b2o4b2o$o2bo2bob2o3b4o$bob2obo5b
o2b2o$2b2o4bobo2b3o$bo3b5ob2obobo$2bo5bob2o$4bob2o2bobobo!

(Check gen 2)
User avatar
Saka
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby gameoflifemaniac » September 13th, 2017, 11:46 am

Saka wrote:
gameoflifemaniac wrote:
Saka wrote:Idea: Use LCMs! I'm writing a program to calculate the LCM of primes.

What is LCM?

A person who is "like 3rd grade middle school" in maths and someone who "memorized 250 digits of pi and understands infinite sums and integrals" should know what an LCM is.

Sok pinter ini orangnya

Sorry. I just could not recognize this! Maybe, if you would write this with lowercase letters, I would probably know what you're talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ
One big dirty Oro. Yeeeeeeeeee...
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
 
Posts: 379
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: 54°00'39.4"N 21°43'50.5"E

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby fluffykitty » September 27th, 2017, 12:19 am

Tetrationally slow ships:
(NOTE: If you installed this rule before this message was here, update! The previous version has a bug where some ships don't work!)
@RULE Tesserun
Idea: Use vertically stacked binary counters
When a counter finishes, it lengthens and increments the next counter
When the last counter finishes, all lengths reset and the ship advances
0 empty
1 normal backbone
2 counter off
3 counter on
4 counter action
5 counter finish
6 increment backbone
7 unstable backbone
8 collapse backbone
9 waiting backbone
10 eater
11 eater report

@TABLE
n_states:12
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:none
var a1={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11}
var a2=a1
var a3=a1
var a4=a1
var a5=a1
var a6=a1
var a7=a1
var a8=a1
var any=a1
var any2=a1
var value={0,1,2,3,4,6,7}
var value2={0,1,2,3,4,6,7}
var valuen={1,2,3,4}
var valuex={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7}
var bit={2,3,4}
var nonzero={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11}
var backbone={1,6,7}
#counter
##create action
2,a1,a2,value,0,0,a4,backbone,a5,4 #inter row
2,a1,a2,value,a3,a4,6,backbone,a5,4 #inter row
##action moves
4,a1,a2,valuen,a3,a4,a5,value2,a6,2
3,a1,a2,valuen,a3,a4,a5,4,a6,4
##action finishes
2,a1,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,4,a6,3
##action transforms
3,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,a5,4,a6,5
###special case
4,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,a5,value,a6,5
##extend
0,a1,a2,any,a3,a4,a5,5,a6,2
##completion moves
5,a1,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,valuen,a6,2
bit,a1,a2,5,a3,a4,a5,value2,a6,5
##completion finishes
1,a1,a2,5,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,6
##backbone resets
6,backbone,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,1
#advancement
##destablilize
6,0,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,7
##collapse
7,a1,a2,5,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,8
##propagate collapse
1,8,a2,valuex,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,8
##send eater
8,a1,a2,valuex,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,9
valuex,a1,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,8,a6,10
##eater eats
10,a1,a2,valuex,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,0
valuex,a1,a2,valuen,a3,a4,a5,10,a6,10
##eater reports
valuex,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,a5,10,a6,11
##report moves
11,a1,a2,any,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,0
0,a1,a2,11,a3,a4,a5,0,a6,11
##report bonds
0,a1,a2,11,a3,a4,a5,9,a6,5
9,a1,a2,5,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,0
##prepare counter
5,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,nonzero,9,a6,9
##activate
5,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,0,9,a6,1
##propagate activation
9,a1,a2,any,a3,1,a5,any2,a6,1
@COLORS

0 0 0 0
1 255 0 0
2 0 255 0
3 0 0 255
4 255 255 0
5 255 0 255
6 0 255 255
7 255 255 255
8 127 0 0
9 0 127 0
10 0 0 127
11 127 127 0
12 127 0 127
13 0 127 127
14 127 127 127
15 127 255 0
16 255 127 0
17 127 0 255
18 255 0 127
19 0 127 255
20 0 255 127
21 127 255 255
22 255 127 255
23 255 255 127
24 255 127 127
25 127 255 127
26 127 127 255

x = 2, y = 4, rule = Tesserun
AB$AB$AB$AB!

Speed ~ c/2^127
Last edited by fluffykitty on September 27th, 2017, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffykitty
 
Posts: 291
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby gameoflifemaniac » September 27th, 2017, 10:29 am

fluffykitty wrote:Tetrationally slow ships:
@RULE Tesserun
Idea: Use vertically stacked binary counters
When a counter finishes, it lengthens and increments the next counter
When the last counter finishes, all lengths reset and the ship advances
0 empty
1 normal backbone
2 counter off
3 counter on
4 counter action
5 counter finish
6 increment backbone
7 unstable backbone
8 collapse backbone
9 waiting backbone
10 eater
11 eater report

@TABLE
n_states:12
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:none
var a1={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11}
var a2=a1
var a3=a1
var a4=a1
var a5=a1
var a6=a1
var a7=a1
var a8=a1
var any=a1
var any2=a1
var value={0,1,2,3,4,6,7}
var value2={0,1,2,3,4,6,7}
var valuen={1,2,3,4}
var valuex={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7}
var bit={2,3,4}
var nonzero={1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11}
var backbone={1,6,7}
#counter
##create action
2,a1,a2,value,0,0,a4,backbone,a5,4 #inter row
2,a1,a2,value,a3,a4,6,backbone,a5,4 #inter row
##action moves
4,a1,a2,valuen,a3,a4,a5,value2,a6,2
3,a1,a2,valuen,a3,a4,a5,4,a6,4
##action finishes
2,a1,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,4,a6,3
##action transforms
3,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,a5,4,a6,5
###special case
4,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,a5,value,a6,5
##extend
0,a1,a2,any,a3,a4,a5,5,a6,2
##completion moves
5,a1,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,valuen,a6,2
bit,a1,a2,5,a3,a4,a5,value2,a6,5
##completion finishes
1,a1,a2,5,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,6
##backbone resets
6,backbone,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,1
#advancement
##destablilize
6,0,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,7
##collapse
7,a1,a2,5,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,8
##propagate collapse
1,8,a2,valuex,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,8
##send eater
8,a1,a2,valuex,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,9
valuex,a1,a2,value,a3,a4,a5,8,a6,10
##eater eats
10,a1,a2,valuex,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,0
valuex,a1,a2,valuen,a3,a4,a5,10,a6,10
##eater reports
valuex,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,a5,10,a6,11
##report moves
11,a1,a2,any,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,0
0,a1,a2,11,a3,a4,a5,0,a6,11
##report bonds
0,a1,a2,11,a3,a4,a5,9,a6,5
9,a1,a2,5,a3,a4,a5,any,a6,0
##prepare counter
5,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,nonzero,9,a6,9
##activate
5,a1,a2,0,a3,a4,0,9,a6,1
##propagate activation
9,a1,a2,any,a3,1,a5,any2,a6,1
@COLORS

0 0 0 0
1 255 0 0
2 0 255 0
3 0 0 255
4 255 255 0
5 255 0 255
6 0 255 255
7 255 255 255
8 127 0 0
9 0 127 0
10 0 0 127
11 127 127 0
12 127 0 127
13 0 127 127
14 127 127 127
15 127 255 0
16 255 127 0
17 127 0 255
18 255 0 127
19 0 127 255
20 0 255 127
21 127 255 255
22 255 127 255
23 255 255 127
24 255 127 127
25 127 255 127
26 127 127 255

x = 2, y = 4, rule = Tesserun
AB$AB$AB$AB!

Speed ~ c/2^127

This is something we're all waiting for.
By the way, what's the formula for the spaceships speed?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ
One big dirty Oro. Yeeeeeeeeee...
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
 
Posts: 379
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: 54°00'39.4"N 21°43'50.5"E

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby fluffykitty » September 27th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Haven't bothered to figure it out. It would probably be much more complicated than any previous rule due to various offsets.
I like making rules
fluffykitty
 
Posts: 291
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Re: Super Slow Ships

Postby fluffykitty » September 27th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Since my last post i've been working on this problem, and I think I've figured it out.
a(1)=3
a(n)=a(n-1)+2^n+2n-2
b(1)=2
b(n)=2^b(n-1)-1
c(1,m)=a(m)
c(n,2)=a(b(n))
c(n,m)=c(n-1,2^m-1)
d(1)=0
d(n)=2b(n-1)+d(n-1)
f(n)=c(n,2)+d(n)+n-1+2b(n)+2


The height 4 spaceship has speed c/340282366920938463463374607431768227739 (c/3e38)

My notes: (a=∑,b=¬,c=∏,d=∆,n-1=∫,2b+2=Ω)
Height 1 c/15
Height 2 c/34
Height 3 c/325
Height 4 c/340282366920938463463374607431768227739
Height 5 ~c/2^2^127

Extension times (Blank-Blank):
Length 1 3 (exceptional)
Length 2 6 (2^n+2n-2)
Length 3 12
Length 4 22
Length 5 40
Length 6 74
Length 7 140
Length 8 270
Increments required (Blank-Blank):
Length 1: 1 (2^n)
Length 2: 2
Length 3: 4
Time after last increment (State 6 below-Backbone activation):
Length 2: 4 (2n-2)
Length 3: 6
Total time after last increment (State 6 bottom-State 8 top):
Height 1: 0 (∆n)
Height 2: 4
Height 3: 10
Collapse propagation: (State 8 top-State 8 bottom):
Height 1: 0 (n-1)
Height 2: 1
Clearing time (State 8-State 1+2):
Length 4: 8 (2n)
Length 5: 10
∑n=n extensions of bottom
∑0=0
∑1=3
∑n=∑(n-1)+2^n+2n-2
∏n,m=m extensions of nth layer from length 1
∏1,m=∑m
∏n,m=∏n-1,(2^m-1)
¬n=Length of layer n (1=top layer):
¬1=2
¬n=2^(¬n-1)-1
∆n=Increment propagation time bottom to top with n layers (final increment)
∆1=0
∆n=2¬(n-1)+∆(n-1)
∫n=Collapse propagation time with n layers
∫n=n-1
Ωn=Clearing time for bottom layer with n layers
Ωn=2¬n+2

Height 1: ∏1,2+∆1+∫1+Ω1=15
∏1,2=∑2=3+6=9
∆1=0
∫1=0
Ω1=2¬1+2=2*2+2=6
Height 2: ∏2,2+∆2+∫2+Ω2=34
∏2,2=∏1,3=∑3=3+6+12=21
∆2=2¬1+∆1=2¬1=4
∫2=1
Ω2=2¬2=2*3+2=8
Height 3: ∏3,2+∆3+∫3+Ω3=325
∏3,2=∏2,3=∏1,7=∑7=3+6+12+22+40+74+140=297
∆3=2(¬2+¬1)=2(3+2)=2*5=10
∫3=2
Ω3=2¬3=2*7+2=16
Height 4: ∏4,2+∆4+∫4+Ω4=340282366920938463463374607431768227739
∏4,2=∏3,3=∏2,7=∏1,127=∑127=3+6+12+22+40+...+170141183460469231731687303715884105980=340282366920938463463374607431768227456
∆4=2(¬3+¬2+¬1)=2(7+3+2)=2*12=24
∫4=3
Ω4=2¬4=2*127+2=256
I like making rules
fluffykitty
 
Posts: 291
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby Saka » October 11th, 2017, 10:22 am

Idea:
1. A dot creates a c/2 dot moving left and spawns a binary counter that counts to the left.
2. Once the counter hits a certain point (noted by a dot), it starts counting down (If possible) and is moved 1 cell to the right.
3. After countdown has finished, the counter is turned into a c/1 dot moving left and a dot marking the position, but 1 cell to the right.
4. Once the c/1 dot catches the c/2 dot, it turns into a c/1 dot.
5. The c/1 dot moves to the right until it hits the binary counter marker (See #3).
6. Repeat.

This would be REALLY slowm
Everyone, please stop posting B/S about CA
x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2obo5b2o$11b4obo$2bob3o2bo2b3o$bo3b2o4b2o$o2bo2bob2o3b4o$bob2obo5b
o2b2o$2b2o4bobo2b3o$bo3b5ob2obobo$2bo5bob2o$4bob2o2bobobo!

(Check gen 2)
User avatar
Saka
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby 83bismuth38 » October 11th, 2017, 3:32 pm

i want a speed at which an onion grows
EDIT: sorry for the short post, btw. It's just that I really want the speed of an onion in ca... don't judge me.
x = 8, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
3b2o$3b2o$2b3o$4bobo$2obobobo$3bo2bo$2bobo2bo$2bo4bo$2bo4bo$2bo!

No football of any dui mauris said that.
User avatar
83bismuth38
 
Posts: 369
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 4:23 pm
Location: Still sitting around in Sagittarius A...

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby Saka » October 11th, 2017, 7:00 pm

83bismuth38 wrote:i want a speed at which an onion grows
EDIT: sorry for the short post, btw. It's just that I really want the speed of an onion in ca... don't judge me.

Few problems with this:
1. What onion? There are tons of onions out there, mind you. Sometimes Alliums are counted as onions and schizobasis intricata is called a vining onion so what onion?
2. Defini grow. The roots getting longer? The bulb grtting taller? The leaves getting taller? The olant getting taller in general?
Everyone, please stop posting B/S about CA
x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2obo5b2o$11b4obo$2bob3o2bo2b3o$bo3b2o4b2o$o2bo2bob2o3b4o$bob2obo5b
o2b2o$2b2o4bobo2b3o$bo3b5ob2obobo$2bo5bob2o$4bob2o2bobobo!

(Check gen 2)
User avatar
Saka
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby 83bismuth38 » October 11th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Saka wrote:
83bismuth38 wrote:i want a speed at which an onion grows
EDIT: sorry for the short post, btw. It's just that I really want the speed of an onion in ca... don't judge me.

Few problems with this:
1. What onion? There are tons of onions out there, mind you. Sometimes Alliums are counted as onions and schizobasis intricata is called a vining onion so what onion?
2. Defini grow. The roots getting longer? The bulb grtting taller? The leaves getting taller? The olant getting taller in general?

the growth at which bread grows on an onion ring.
x = 8, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
3b2o$3b2o$2b3o$4bobo$2obobobo$3bo2bo$2bobo2bo$2bo4bo$2bo4bo$2bo!

No football of any dui mauris said that.
User avatar
83bismuth38
 
Posts: 369
Joined: March 2nd, 2017, 4:23 pm
Location: Still sitting around in Sagittarius A...

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby muzik » October 12th, 2017, 2:35 am

Saka wrote:Sometimes Alliums are counted as onions

Aren't onions part of the Allium genus?
Last edited by muzik on October 12th, 2017, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
2c/n spaceships project

Current priorities: see here
muzik
 
Posts: 2595
Joined: January 28th, 2016, 2:47 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby Saka » October 12th, 2017, 2:40 am

muzik wrote:
Saka wrote:Sometimes Alliums are counted as onions

Aren't onions part of the Allium subspecies?

Allium is a genus.
It has more than 500 species.
Everyone, please stop posting B/S about CA
x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2obo5b2o$11b4obo$2bob3o2bo2b3o$bo3b2o4b2o$o2bo2bob2o3b4o$bob2obo5b
o2b2o$2b2o4bobo2b3o$bo3b5ob2obobo$2bo5bob2o$4bob2o2bobobo!

(Check gen 2)
User avatar
Saka
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby fluffykitty » October 26th, 2017, 1:21 pm

83bismuth38 wrote:
Saka wrote:
83bismuth38 wrote:i want a speed at which an onion grows
EDIT: sorry for the short post, btw. It's just that I really want the speed of an onion in ca... don't judge me.

Few problems with this:
1. What onion? There are tons of onions out there, mind you. Sometimes Alliums are counted as onions and schizobasis intricata is called a vining onion so what onion?
2. Defini grow. The roots getting longer? The bulb grtting taller? The leaves getting taller? The olant getting taller in general?

the growth at which bread grows on an onion ring.

x=1,y=1,rule=S0
o
fluffykitty
 
Posts: 291
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Re: Real Life Speeds

Postby fluffykitty » October 26th, 2017, 1:39 pm

Saka wrote:Idea:
1. A dot creates a c/2 dot moving left and spawns a binary counter that counts to the left.
2. Once the counter hits a certain point (noted by a dot), it starts counting down (If possible) and is moved 1 cell to the right.
3. After countdown has finished, the counter is turned into a c/1 dot moving left and a dot marking the position, but 1 cell to the right.
4. Once the c/1 dot catches the c/2 dot, it turns into a c/1 dot.
5. The c/1 dot moves to the right until it hits the binary counter marker (See #3).
6. Repeat.

This would be REALLY slow

Probably no slower than exponential in size. I've made a rule which is doubly tetrationally slow in size.
I like making rules
fluffykitty
 
Posts: 291
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Previous

Return to Other Cellular Automata

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests