Page 1 of 1

squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 25th, 2018, 8:41 pm
by jimmyChen2013
A small change to CGol
a cell survives and is born if the 4 sides OR the 4 corners are on

it appears to be very so slightly explosive, for some unclear reasons

haven't found anything unique besides the CGol stuffs

(I'm new to apgsearch and it doesn't seem to work. is it because it's explosive?)

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 25th, 2018, 9:51 pm
by Majestas32
jimmyChen2013 wrote:A small change to CGol
a cell survives and is born if the 4 sides OR the 4 corners are on

it appears to be very so slightly explosive, for some unclear reasons

I believe this is due to S4e. I think it's tamable with a couple added transitions tho

jimmyChen2013 wrote:(I'm new to apgsearch and it doesn't seem to work. is it because it's explosive?)

Yeah.

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 26th, 2018, 1:00 am
by BlinkerSpawn
Majestas32 wrote:
jimmyChen2013 wrote:it appears to be very so slightly explosive, for some unclear reasons

I believe this is due to S4e. I think it's tamable with a couple added transitions tho

S4e is indeed the culprit here. Try searching B34ce/S2-n34ce.

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 7:58 am
by jimmyChen2013
unique things (other than life)
x = 47, y = 7, rule = B34ce/S2-n34ce
3o5b2o7b2o9b3o10b2o$b2o5bobo6b3o8b3o3b2o5bo2bo$b2o6bobo5b2o3b2o5bo4bob
o6bo$b3o6bobo8b3o13bo4bo2bo$11b2o9b2o5bo6b2o6bobo$28b3o14b2o$28b3o!

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 4:40 pm
by 77topaz
jimmyChen2013 wrote:unique things (other than life)
RLE


Those "things" are, from left to right, four p3 oscillators, one p2 and one p4.

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 5:58 pm
by BlinkerSpawn
77topaz wrote:
jimmyChen2013 wrote:unique things (other than life)
RLE


Those "things" are, from left to right, four p3 oscillators, one p2 and one p4.

All of which rely on a transition not in Life.

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 6:47 pm
by 77topaz
BlinkerSpawn wrote:All of which rely on a transition not in Life.


I just added a clarification because "things" was a very vague description.

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 2:20 am
by jimmyChen2013
On my way of stabilizing this rule:
b2in34ces2-a34ce:

a hat c/3
x = 3, y = 5, rule = B2in34ce/S2-a34ce
2bo$b2o$o$b2o$2bo!

a c/5
x = 3, y = 5, rule = B2in34ce/S2-a34ce
b2o$3o$2bo$3o$bo!

a c/2
x = 7, y = 5, rule = B2in34ce/S2-a34ce
2o3b2o$bobobo$o5bo$bo3bo$2b3o!

another c/3
x = 7, y = 5, rule = B2in34ce/S2-a34ce
b3o$obob2o$bo4bo$6bo$5bo!

a variation of the c/2
x = 7, y = 7, rule = B2in34ce/S2-a34ce
2b3o$bo3bo$o5bo$bobobo$2o3b2o2$b2o!

this rule has a lot of extendable still-life/oscillator

b2in34ce5qs2-n34ce
a c5/33?
x = 3, y = 10, rule = B2in34ce5q/S2-n34ce
bo$obo$obo$obo2$obo$obo$bo$3o$bo!

p30
x = 5, y = 5, rule = B2in34ce5q/S2-n34ce
2o$2bo$b3o$2bo$3b2o!

this interesting looking p70
x = 1, y = 13, rule = B2in34ce5q/S2-n34ce
o$o$o4$o$o$o2$o$o$o!

this is probably gunnable

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 2:56 am
by 77topaz
jimmyChen2013 wrote:a c5/33?
x = 3, y = 10, rule = B2in34ce5q/S2-n34ce
bo$obo$obo$obo2$obo$obo$bo$3o$bo!



Yes, the speed of that spaceship is indeed 5c/33 orthogonal.

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 3:00 am
by jimmyChen2013
That's a strange speed for a spaceship
are there any other ships with c5/33?

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 3:07 am
by 77topaz
jimmyChen2013 wrote:That's a strange speed for a spaceship
are there any other ships with c5/33?


Do you mean in this rule, or in any rule? The 5s project gives the following spaceship as an example for 5c/33:

x = 5, y = 3, rule = B2ce3ikqr4ijw5acnq6k7c8/S02n3ejkr4ety5acq6ck7c
4bo$o$4bo!

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 3:17 am
by jimmyChen2013
I mean in any rules. that answers my question, thx

Re: squareLife(B34ce/S234ce)

PostPosted: January 29th, 2018, 7:46 am
by AbhpzTa
jimmyChen2013 wrote:b2in34ce5qs2-n34ce
...
this interesting looking p70
x = 1, y = 13, rule = B2in34ce5q/S2-n34ce
o$o$o4$o$o$o2$o$o$o!

this is probably gunnable


p70 glider gun:
x = 36, y = 22, rule = B2in34ce5q/S2-n34ce
17b3o6$17b3o2$18bo2$17b3o5$33bo$32bobo$26bo4bo3bo$26bo4bo3bo$3o3b3ob3o
13bo4bo3bo$32bobo$33bo!