why tempban?

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
PHPBB12345

why tempban?

Post by PHPBB12345 » September 10th, 2016, 9:44 am

why tempban?

muzik

Re: why tempban?

Post by muzik » September 10th, 2016, 10:33 am

Well you've been creating threads to ask questions that you already asked in the appropriate thread, and also PMing all of us even more questions.

Doing these will not get you an answer any faster, and is kind of spammy.

Alexey_Nigin

Post by Alexey_Nigin » September 10th, 2016, 10:38 am

• When someone (me) sends you a private message, please reply to that message instead of creating a new topic.
  • I think you will get tempbanned if you don't stop doing what you have been doing recently.
  • The specific annoying things you have done are listed below:
  • [list]
  • Asking the same question repeatedly.
  • Creating new topics for things that do not deserve them.
  • Sending spammy PMs to other members.
  • Not listening to what other people say.
[*]I am not a moderator and therefore definitely not the person who will make the decision about your ban.[/*]
[*]However, I recommend that you listen to me, since I know moderators and know what they do.[/*]
[*]Thank you for reading.[/*]
[/list]
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Rich Holmes

Post by Rich Holmes » September 10th, 2016, 3:24 pm

You have your answer. LifeViewer's source is private. Copyright protected. Not open source.

You can stop asking, and next time you can stop the first time you get an answer.

Well, at least I now know how muting works on this forum.

Bullet51

Post by Bullet51 » September 12th, 2016, 9:14 am

You deserve it.

And, do you think stealing people's patterns is fun? That's utterly pointless and useless.
Still drifting.

PHPBB12345

Post by PHPBB12345 » September 12th, 2016, 11:06 am

open private message.

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Post by Nathaniel » September 12th, 2016, 12:05 pm

PHPBB12345 wrote:open private message.
This is the type of thing that led to your temporary ban.

(1) Who should open their private message? Your post is vague and we have no idea who it is for.

(2) Why is this post necessary? Why would someone see your post here before their private messages?

If you want to discuss something with someone in private, then private message them. If you want to discuss something in public, then do it publicly. But people are under no obligation to reply to your messages, and we don't need public posts about private conversations.

Please stop posting vague half-sentence questions.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » September 12th, 2016, 12:38 pm

Bullet51 wrote:You deserve it.

And, do you think stealing people's patterns is fun?
"Stealing" may be a little too strong a term. There's certainly a language barrier here, which may be making things difficult.

@PHPBB12345, when you copy and re-post a pattern, it's a very good idea to include a link to the original copy, so that people know that it is not a new discovery of your own. If you are not adding anything new, it's probably better to just give the link without quoting the pattern. But in that case, please explain in your own words why the link is relevant in the new thread.

Multiple copies of patterns or links can be very confusing for everyone, especially when there are no associated labels. "Look at this" or "click this link" are not good enough. It's better not to demand other people's attention without giving them some way of deciding whether they will be interested in your pattern or link.