ConwayLife.com - A community for Conway's Game of Life and related cellular automata
Home  •  LifeWiki  •  Forums  •  Download Golly

Guess the pattern

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.

Guess the pattern

Postby Redstoneboi » June 11th, 2018, 8:41 am

guess the pattern!
basically someone posts an rle of about 75% of the original pattern
*1: pattern must be in lifewiki
*2: if nobody guesses it within a day, you may add more cells.
*3: this repeats until rule 4.
*4: if on the 5th day (12:00pm in their timezone) the challenge is still unsolved, the challenge creator gives the solution.

A:
x = 5, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
o2bo$4bo$o$bob2o!


B: "figure eight?"

A: "no"
x = 5, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
o2bo$4bo$o3bo$bob2o!


B: "LWSS?"

A: "Correct"
x = 5, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
o2bo$4bo$o3bo$b4o!


C: “Next challenge:”
next pattern
Last edited by Redstoneboi on August 3rd, 2018, 6:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
 
Posts: 340
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Redstoneboi » June 11th, 2018, 8:44 am

I'll start
x = 19, y = 23, rule = B3/S23
15bo$14b2o2$12bo7$2b2o$3bo5b2o$2o7b2o$o2$14bo$10b2obobo$11bobo$6bo2bob
o5b2o$6b4o2bo2bo2bo$10bo4b2o$8bobo$8bo!
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
 
Posts: 340
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Macbi » June 11th, 2018, 8:48 am

Redstoneboi wrote:I'll start
x = 19, y = 23, rule = B3/S23
15bo$14b2o2$12bo7$2b2o$3bo5b2o$2o7b2o$o2$14bo$10b2obobo$11bobo$6bo2bob
o5b2o$6b4o2bo2bo2bo$10bo4b2o$8bobo$8bo!
Is that a Snark?
User avatar
Macbi
 
Posts: 685
Joined: March 29th, 2009, 4:58 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Redstoneboi » June 11th, 2018, 8:49 am

yes!
your turn to add a pattern
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
 
Posts: 340
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Macbi » June 11th, 2018, 8:49 am

Yay!
x = 14, y = 5, rule = Life
b2o4b3o$o2bo3bob2obo$o2bo9bo$2o2bo4bo3bo$b4o4b4o!
User avatar
Macbi
 
Posts: 685
Joined: March 29th, 2009, 4:58 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Redstoneboi » June 11th, 2018, 8:51 am

simkin glider gun?
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
 
Posts: 340
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Macbi » June 11th, 2018, 8:53 am

Nice! I thought that would have been harder.
User avatar
Macbi
 
Posts: 685
Joined: March 29th, 2009, 4:58 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Redstoneboi » June 11th, 2018, 8:58 am

x = 30, y = 29, rule = B3/S23
o$o$2bo5bo$bo6bobo$o3bo2bo$bo2bobob2o$6bob2o$20b2o8$28bo$28b2o$9b2o3bo
$7bobo4b2o$2b3obo9bo$6bobo3b4o$7bo3b2o6$8bo$8b2o!
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
 
Posts: 340
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby A for awesome » June 11th, 2018, 9:43 am

Redstoneboi wrote:
x = 30, y = 29, rule = B3/S23
o$o$2bo5bo$bo6bobo$o3bo2bo$bo2bobob2o$6bob2o$20b2o8$28bo$28b2o$9b2o3bo
$7bobo4b2o$2b3obo9bo$6bobo3b4o$7bo3b2o6$8bo$8b2o!


Block-laying switch engine?
x₁=ηx
V ⃰_η=c²√(Λη)
K=(Λu²)/2
Pₐ=1−1/(∫^∞_t₀(p(t)ˡ⁽ᵗ⁾)dt)

$$x_1=\eta x$$
$$V^*_\eta=c^2\sqrt{\Lambda\eta}$$
$$K=\frac{\Lambda u^2}2$$
$$P_a=1-\frac1{\int^\infty_{t_0}p(t)^{l(t)}dt}$$

http://conwaylife.com/wiki/A_for_all

Aidan F. Pierce
User avatar
A for awesome
 
Posts: 1862
Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
Location: 0x-1

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Redstoneboi » June 11th, 2018, 8:34 pm

correct, your turn
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
 
Posts: 340
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hunting » August 3rd, 2018, 9:26 am

Waiting for next puzzle...
I have a puzzle, too.
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Redstoneboi » August 3rd, 2018, 5:58 pm

since few people are doing this, let’s make it so that:
anybody can post a new challenge.
if nobody posts a solution after 5 days, the solution is given by the challenge creator.
rules have been updated.
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
 
Posts: 340
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hdjensofjfnen » August 3rd, 2018, 11:36 pm

x = 5, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
4bo2$bo2bo$2bobo$o$b2o!
Life is hard. Deal with it.
My favorite oscillator of all time:
x = 7, y = 5, rule = B3/S2-i3-y4i
4b3o$6bo$o3b3o$2o$bo!
User avatar
Hdjensofjfnen
 
Posts: 1220
Joined: March 15th, 2016, 6:41 pm
Location: r cis θ

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby danny » August 3rd, 2018, 11:42 pm

Hdjensofjfnen wrote:
x = 5, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
4bo2$bo2bo$2bobo$o$b2o!

Mould. (Or mold if you're not me)
she/they // Please stop using my full name. Refer to me as dani.

"I'm always on duty, even when I'm off duty." -Cody Kolodziejzyk, Ph.D.
User avatar
danny
 
Posts: 961
Joined: October 27th, 2017, 3:43 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hunting » August 6th, 2018, 12:01 am

Simple one:
x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobobo$5bo$bobobob2o$3bobo2bo$b2o3bo!

And a harder puzzle:
x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo$3bo5bo$3bo3bo$b2o7bo$o4bo$2bo5bo2$bobo$o4bobo4bo$5bobo2bo$3bo5bo$
5bobo$8bo!
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Redstoneboi » August 6th, 2018, 4:27 am

Hunting wrote:Simple one:
x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobobo$5bo$bobobob2o$3bobo2bo$b2o3bo!

And a harder puzzle:
x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo$3bo5bo$3bo3bo$b2o7bo$o4bo$2bo5bo2$bobo$o4bobo4bo$5bobo2bo$3bo5bo$
5bobo$8bo!


Inflected 30-great sym
x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobob2o$3bobo$2obobob2o$o2bobo2bo$b2o3b2o!


and the other one has too few cells, but i’m guessing cloverleaf interchange
x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo3bo$3bobobobo$3bobobobo$b2o2bobo2b2o$o4bobo4bo$b4o3b4o2$b4o3b4o$o4b
obo4bo$b2o2bobo2b2o$3bobobobo$3bobobobo$4bo3bo!
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.
User avatar
Redstoneboi
 
Posts: 340
Joined: May 14th, 2018, 3:57 am

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hunting » August 6th, 2018, 7:14 am

Redstoneboi wrote:
Hunting wrote:Simple one:
x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobobo$5bo$bobobob2o$3bobo2bo$b2o3bo!

And a harder puzzle:
x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo$3bo5bo$3bo3bo$b2o7bo$o4bo$2bo5bo2$bobo$o4bobo4bo$5bobo2bo$3bo5bo$
5bobo$8bo!


Inflected 30-great sym
x = 9, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
2bo3bo$bobobobo$o2bobo2bo$2obobob2o$3bobo$2obobob2o$o2bobo2bo$b2o3b2o!


and the other one has too few cells, but i’m guessing cloverleaf interchange
x = 13, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
4bo3bo$3bobobobo$3bobobobo$b2o2bobo2b2o$o4bobo4bo$b4o3b4o2$b4o3b4o$o4b
obo4bo$b2o2bobo2b2o$3bobobobo$3bobobobo$4bo3bo!


RIGHT!
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hunting » August 6th, 2018, 7:21 am

Next puzzle:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obo2$bo4bo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

I know there's too few cells but I'll add some cells then
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hunting » August 6th, 2018, 7:31 am

I have another VERY-VERY-HARD puzzle:
x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2bo15bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$10bobo7bo$2o
8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8bo4bo$3b2o!
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hunting » August 6th, 2018, 9:36 am

Hunting wrote:Next puzzle:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obo2$bo4bo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

I know there's too few cells but I'll add some cells then

I'll add two cells:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obobo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hunting » August 6th, 2018, 9:43 am

Hunting wrote:I have another VERY-VERY-HARD puzzle:
x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2bo15bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$10bobo7bo$2o
8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8bo4bo$3b2o!


I'll add three cells.
x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2b2o14bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$o9bobo7bo$
2o8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8b2o3bo$3b2o!
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby gameoflifemaniac » August 7th, 2018, 2:57 am

Hunting wrote:
Hunting wrote:I have another VERY-VERY-HARD puzzle:
x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2bo15bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$10bobo7bo$2o
8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8bo4bo$3b2o!


I'll add three cells.
x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2b2o14bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$o9bobo7bo$
2o8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8b2o3bo$3b2o!

Twin gun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ
One big dirty Oro. Yeeeeeeeeee...
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
 
Posts: 763
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby PHPBB12345 » August 7th, 2018, 3:44 am

gameoflifemaniac wrote:
Hunting wrote:
Hunting wrote:I have another VERY-VERY-HARD puzzle:
x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2bo15bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$10bobo7bo$2o
8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8bo4bo$3b2o!


I'll add three cells.
x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2b2o14bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$o9bobo7bo$
2o8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8b2o3bo$3b2o!

Twin gun?


no, it's twin bees shuttle
x = 31, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
17.CA3.C$2.AC13.3A.A.2C4.AC$2.2C13.ACA4.A4.2A$20.C3.C$21.A2C$3.AC3.2C
$2.3C3.2AC10.3A$C2A7.CAC7.C3.A$2CA7.CAC4.C2A4.A$A2C7.3C4.CAC.C.2A$2.
3C3.C2A6.2C3.C$3.2C3.2A!
User avatar
PHPBB12345
 
Posts: 562
Joined: August 5th, 2015, 11:55 pm

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Hunting » August 7th, 2018, 5:53 am

PHPBB12345 wrote:
gameoflifemaniac wrote:
Hunting wrote:I'll add three cells.
x = 31, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
17bo4bo$3bo19b2o5bo$2b2o14bo$20bo3bo$22b2o$4bo3b2o$2b3o5bo$o9bobo7bo$
2o8bobo4bo$b2o7b3o4bobobo$2b3o3bo8b2o3bo$3b2o!

Twin gun?


no, it's twin bees shuttle
x = 31, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
17.CA3.C$2.AC13.3A.A.2C4.AC$2.2C13.ACA4.A4.2A$20.C3.C$21.A2C$3.AC3.2C
$2.3C3.2AC10.3A$C2A7.CAC7.C3.A$2CA7.CAC4.C2A4.A$A2C7.3C4.CAC.C.2A$2.
3C3.C2A6.2C3.C$3.2C3.2A!


Yep. It's twin-bee shuttle.
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 1083
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Guess the pattern

Postby Saka » August 7th, 2018, 6:01 am

x = 8, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
3bo$4bo$5bo$2bo$bo2bobo3$2bo3bo$o6bo2$bo4bo$5bo$3bo!
If you're the person that uploaded to Sakagolue illegally, please PM me.
x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2obo5b2o$11b4obo$2bob3o2bo2b3o$bo3b2o4b2o$o2bo2bob2o3b4o$bob2obo5b
o2b2o$2b2o4bobo2b3o$bo3b5ob2obobo$2bo5bob2o$4bob2o2bobobo!

(Check gen 2)
User avatar
Saka
 
Posts: 3077
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X

Next

Return to The Sandbox

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests