Page 2 of 3

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 7th, 2018, 6:38 am
by Macbi
Saka wrote:
x = 8, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
3bo$4bo$5bo$2bo$bo2bobo3$2bo3bo$o6bo2$bo4bo$5bo$3bo!

Nice puzzle! Copperhead:
x = 8, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
3b2o$3b2o$2bo2bo$2b4o$bob2obo$2bo2bo2$b2o2b2o$o6bo2$bo4bo$2bo2bo$3b2o!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 7th, 2018, 9:02 am
by Hunting
Saka wrote:
x = 8, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
3bo$4bo$5bo$2bo$bo2bobo3$2bo3bo$o6bo2$bo4bo$5bo$3bo!

Hard...

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 7th, 2018, 9:03 am
by Hunting
Hunting wrote:
Hunting wrote:Next puzzle:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obo2$bo4bo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

I know there's too few cells but I'll add some cells then

I'll add two cells:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obobo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

One cell.
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooobo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 8th, 2018, 12:05 pm
by gameoflifemaniac
Hunting wrote:
Hunting wrote:
Hunting wrote:Next puzzle:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obo2$bo4bo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

I know there's too few cells but I'll add some cells then

I'll add two cells:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obobo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

One cell.
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooobo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

Crab?

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 8th, 2018, 7:34 pm
by Hunting
gameoflifemaniac wrote:
Hunting wrote:
Hunting wrote:I'll add two cells:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3obobo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

One cell.
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooobo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

Crab?

Nope. One more cell:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooooo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 8th, 2018, 8:30 pm
by Hunting
Another simple puzzle(with too few cells) It's an osc:
x = 17, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
10bo$10bobo2b2o$11bo3bob2$7b2o3$9bo2$bob3o$2o2bobo$5b2o!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 8th, 2018, 9:10 pm
by PHPBB12345
Hunting wrote:Another simple puzzle(with too few cells) It's an osc:
x = 17, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
10bo$10bobo2b2o$11bo3bob2$7b2o3$9bo2$bob3o$2o2bobo$5b2o!

Pentoad 2?
x = 17, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
10.CA$10.C.C2.2C$11.C2A.CA2$7.2C$8.A$8.A$8.AC2$AC.3C$2C2.C.C$5.2C!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 8th, 2018, 11:23 pm
by Hdjensofjfnen
Only missing 4 cells. However, it's a very obscure still life:
x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
3b2o$5bo$2bobo$2o$o2bo$2bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 8th, 2018, 11:51 pm
by danny
Hdjensofjfnen wrote:Only missing 4 cells. However, it's a very obscure still life:
x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
3b2o$5bo$2bobo$2o$o2bo$2bo!

x = 6, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
3b2o$2bo2bo$2bob2o$2obo$o2bo$b2o!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 9th, 2018, 4:52 am
by Hunting
PHPBB12345 wrote:
Hunting wrote:Another simple puzzle(with too few cells) It's an osc:
x = 17, y = 12, rule = B3/S23
10bo$10bobo2b2o$11bo3bob2$7b2o3$9bo2$bob3o$2o2bobo$5b2o!

Pentoad 2?
x = 17, y = 12, rule = LifeHistory
10.CA$10.C.C2.2C$11.C2A.CA2$7.2C$8.A$8.A$8.AC2$AC.3C$2C2.C.C$5.2C!

Yes. Pentoad 2.

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 9th, 2018, 10:53 am
by Hdjensofjfnen
Hunting wrote:Nope. One more cell:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooooo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!


Cthulhu?

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 9th, 2018, 9:03 pm
by Hunting
Hdjensofjfnen wrote:
Hunting wrote:Nope. One more cell:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooooo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!


Cthulhu?

Nope but you r on the right way it's a still-life
One more
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooooo2$bo2booo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 12th, 2018, 1:36 am
by Hunting
Hunting wrote:
Hdjensofjfnen wrote:
Hunting wrote:Nope. One more cell:
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooooo2$bo2bobo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!


Cthulhu?

Nope but you r on the right way it's a still-life
One more
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2bo2bo3bo$5b2o2$b3ooooo2$bo2booo2bo$o9bo$obo$6bo!

It's a professor
x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
b2o2b2ob2o$obo2b2obobo$o9bo$b9o2$b9o$o9bo$obo2b2obobo$b2o2b2ob2o!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 15th, 2018, 3:33 pm
by AbhpzTa
Redstoneboi wrote:I'll start
x = 19, y = 23, rule = B3/S23
15bo$14b2o2$12bo7$2b2o$3bo5b2o$2o7b2o$o2$14bo$10b2obobo$11bobo$6bo2bob
o5b2o$6b4o2bo2bo2bo$10bo4b2o$8bobo$8bo!
Macbi wrote:Is that a Snark?
Redstoneboi wrote:yes!
your turn to add a pattern


ERROR:
x = 79, y = 23, rule = LifeHistory
15.D29.A29.C$14.2D27.3A27.A2C$42.A29.A$12.D29.2A28.CA7$2.2D28.2A28.2C
$3.D5.2D20.A.A5.2A20.A.C5.2C$2D7.2D20.A7.2A19.DC7.2C$D29.2A28.CA2$14.
D29.A29.C$10.2D.D.D24.2A.A.A24.2C.C.C$11.D.D25.A.A.A.A23.A.C.C.A$6.D
2.D.D5.2D17.A2.A.A.A.A.2A17.C2.C.C.A.A.2C$6.4D2.D2.D2.D17.4A.2A2.A2.A
17.4C.AC2.C2.C$10.D4.2D23.A4.2A23.C4.2C$8.D.D27.A.A27.C.C$8.D29.2A28.
CA!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 15th, 2018, 7:12 pm
by Gamedziner
AbhpzTa wrote:ERROR

I can't think of any way to put this nicely, but...
x = 4, y = 3, rule = LifeHistory
2.2C$3.C$2CA$C!


Both at once, for reference:
x = 4, y = 3, rule = LifeHistory
2.2D$3.D$3A$D! [[ COLOR ALIVE 255 0 0 COLOR DEAD 0 0 0 COLOR DEADRAMP 0 0 0 COLOR ALIVERAMP 255 0 0 ]]


EDIT: See A for awesome's post below.

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 15th, 2018, 8:27 pm
by A for awesome
Gamedziner wrote:
AbhpzTa wrote:ERROR

I can't think of any way to put this nicely, but...
x = 4, y = 3, rule = LifeHistory
2.2C$3.C$2CA$C!


Both at once, for reference:
x = 4, y = 3, rule = LifeHistory
2.2D$3.D$3A$D! [[ COLOR ALIVE 255 0 0 COLOR DEAD 0 0 0 COLOR DEADRAMP 0 0 0 COLOR ALIVERAMP 255 0 0 ]]

I think the intent was to say that the eater was backward.

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: August 16th, 2018, 6:27 am
by Redstoneboi
AbhpzTa wrote:ERROR:
x = 79, y = 23, rule = LifeHistory
15.D29.A29.C$14.2D27.3A27.A2C$42.A29.A$12.D29.2A28.CA7$2.2D28.2A28.2C
$3.D5.2D20.A.A5.2A20.A.C5.2C$2D7.2D20.A7.2A19.DC7.2C$D29.2A28.CA2$14.
D29.A29.C$10.2D.D.D24.2A.A.A24.2C.C.C$11.D.D25.A.A.A.A23.A.C.C.A$6.D
2.D.D5.2D17.A2.A.A.A.A.2A17.C2.C.C.A.A.2C$6.4D2.D2.D2.D17.4A.2A2.A2.A
17.4C.AC2.C2.C$10.D4.2D23.A4.2A23.C4.2C$8.D.D27.A.A27.C.C$8.D29.2A28.
CA!


oops, my mistake :p

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: January 12th, 2019, 10:14 am
by Hunting
Is this thread dead?
x = 38, y = 17, rule = B3/S23
26bo$o24bo2bo$bo24bo$bobo23bo2$15bo10bo$13bo$13bo$14b2o$23bo$25bo2$23b
obo2$11bo25bo$10bobo2bo21bo$10bo2bo23bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: January 13th, 2019, 10:06 am
by PHPBB12345
Hunting wrote:Is this thread dead?
x = 38, y = 17, rule = B3/S23
26bo$o24bo2bo$bo24bo$bobo23bo2$15bo10bo$13bo$13bo$14b2o$23bo$25bo2$23b
obo2$11bo25bo$10bobo2bo21bo$10bo2bo23bo!

Jason's P36
x = 39, y = 18, rule = LifeHistory
26.CA$CA23.C2.A$.C21.A2.C.A$.C.C18.A4.C$2.2A18.A$13.2AC8.2AC$13.C$13.
C.A$14.2C$23.CA$23.A.C$25.A$12.3A8.CAC$16.A18.2A$11.C4.A18.A.C$10.C.C
2.C21.C$10.C2.C23.CA$11.2A!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: January 13th, 2019, 10:35 am
by Hunting
PHPBB12345 wrote:
Hunting wrote:Is this thread dead?
x = 38, y = 17, rule = B3/S23
26bo$o24bo2bo$bo24bo$bobo23bo2$15bo10bo$13bo$13bo$14b2o$23bo$25bo2$23b
obo2$11bo25bo$10bobo2bo21bo$10bo2bo23bo!

Jason's P36
x = 39, y = 18, rule = LifeHistory
26.CA$CA23.C2.A$.C21.A2.C.A$.C.C18.A4.C$2.2A18.A$13.2AC8.2AC$13.C$13.
C.A$14.2C$23.CA$23.A.C$25.A$12.3A8.CAC$16.A18.2A$11.C4.A18.A.C$10.C.C
2.C21.C$10.C2.C23.CA$11.2A!

Wow, right!

x = 159, y = 90, rule = B3/S23
28bo101b2o11b3o$12bo3bo9bo119bo$11bo5bo7bo4b2o95b2o4bo7bo5bo$17b2o9bo
3bo93bo3bo9b2o$9bo10bobo9bo36b2o18bo35bo9b2o2bobo4bobo$8bo4bo3bo2bo4bo
3bo4bo51bo3bo28bo9bo6bobo2bo$20bo17bo3bo25bo16bo4b2o23b2obobo15bo$8b2o
7b2o3bob2o8bo2bo4bob2o20bobobo2bo5b2o3b2o2bo3bo20b2obo4bo3bo8bobo3bo8b
2o$22bo14bo2bo4bob3o23bo5b2obo2bo23b2obo5bo2bo16bo$14bo11bo16bobobobo
2b2o24bobo4bo8bo13bo4bobo5bo2bo5bobo9b2o$14bo3bo16bo12bo3bo2bo4bo37b2o
4bobo7bo8bo20bo$21b2o32bobobobo2bo9bo10bo7bo4bo3bo5bo27bo5bo$20bo2bo4b
o20bo3bobo6bo33bo6bo25b2o4bo2bo$61bo2bo29bo9bo30bo$63bo71bo$135bo$14bo
120bo8bo$14bo121bobo3bo$143bo4$12bo23b2o12b2o54b3o12b2o$12bobo24bo9bo
69bo3bo20bobo$12bo35bo5bo49bo5bo7bo4bo22bo$33bobo2bob2o5b2obo4bo49bo4b
o9b2obobo$32b2obo4bo2bo2bo8b2o48bo4bo14bo$45bo2bo8bo43bo11bobo6bo4bo$
113bobo$12bo19bo24bo43bo9bo5bo30bo$10bo32bobo101b2o$37bobo9bobo56b2o$
41bo9bo55bo9bo$37bo74bo6bobo$8bo34bo2bo5bo53bo5bo$8bobo137bo$8b2o$42bo
3bo65bo$37bo83bo$43bo71bo3bo$37b2o81b2o$6bo143bo$6bo144b2o2$123bo$35bo
bo85bo$4bo30bo87bo30bo$4bobo$4b2o147bo2$125bo$33bobo89bo$33b2o89bo$2bo
151bo$155b2o2$127bo$31bobo$31bo95bo30bo$obo155bo$2o155bo2$29bo$31bo$
29b2o97bo$o155bo$o157bo$bo154b2o$131bo$129bobo20bo$8bo18bo102bo19bo$7b
o143bo$5bob2o141b2o$4bo149bo$4bo128bo18bobo$25bobo105bo$25bo106bo$11bo
$10bo137bo2$23bo$13bo9bobo109bo9b2o$23bo111bo$12bo133bo4$23bo$17b2o
117b2o2b2o$18bo121bo!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: January 13th, 2019, 7:28 pm
by 77topaz
That's flying wing (large patterns like that have very distinctive shapes).

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: January 13th, 2019, 10:13 pm
by Hunting
77topaz wrote:That's flying wing (large patterns like that have very distinctive shapes).

Correct...

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: January 14th, 2019, 5:03 pm
by cvojan
x = 15, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
2.A2.A6.A$A5.A$5.A2.A2$A2.A5.A.A2.A$13.A$3.A.A3.A$3.A4.A2.A$4.A.A3.A!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: January 16th, 2019, 6:54 pm
by Hdjensofjfnen
Hopefully this is not too easy:
x = 6, y = 11, rule = LifeHistory
6C4$6C4$C4.C$C4.C$C4.C!

Re: Guess the pattern

PostPosted: January 16th, 2019, 8:05 pm
by danny
Monogram?