2 Very interesting(and closely related) 7x7 patterns

For discussion of specific patterns or specific families of patterns, both newly-discovered and well-known.
Mephisto

2 Very interesting(and closely related) 7x7 patterns

Post by Mephisto » June 30th, 2017, 4:47 pm

Before I start this is my first post and I found these messing around, so if anybody discovered these before I couldn't have known and I am not here to plagiarize or steal any credit.

I have a certain fascination with radial symmetry and love to mess around with it a lot, especially in the game of life.

The first of the patterns stabilizes at gen 274 and with dimensions of 77x21. But what makes this pattern special is that it features a pair of glider collisions which start at gen 181(first half appears at gen 70 and the second half at gen 122)

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
2b3obo$4bobo$3obobo$obobobo$obob3o$obo$ob3o!
The second pattern differs from the first by only 2 cells, and it is a methuselah that stabilizes at gen 2945 with dimensions of 185x307. Side note: there are 7 pairs of gliders that exit the debris untouched, and I counted 7 pairs of gliders that ended up colliding with the debris, 3 or so of which might have lasted less than 20 generations since they were in the middle of the debris, so there may be of these short lived pairs generated by this methuselah.

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
2b3obo$bo2bobo$3obobo$obobobo$obob3o$obo2bo$ob3o!