Version 0.5.x

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or home page function.
Nathaniel
Site Admin

Version 0.5.x

Post by Nathaniel » February 7th, 2009, 5:44 pm

Version beta 0.5.0 was uploaded today. The following changes since beta 0.4.0 have been made:

• When loading patterns, it now autocenters and zooms. Let me know if the autozoom seems appropriate or if there are certain patterns that it zooms in too much/little for
• The bounding box for the current pattern now displays at the top-right corner of the applet, just like the cell and generation count
• The cell count now updates properly when you load a new pattern
• The applet can now read in RLE files that have no # lines
• The possible cell counting bug was a non-bug, so that has been removed from the list of known issues
• If you try to save a pattern with a name that is already in use by the LifeWiki database (ie. the protected database), you now get an error message telling you that name is in use
• If someone enters HTML tags in a patterns name or description they are now correctly parsed so that they don't really render as HTML on the left sidebar
• The applet can now read Life 1.05 and Life 1.06 files

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Re: Version 0.5.x

Post by Nathaniel » February 9th, 2009, 11:55 am

Due to an uploading error on my part (I accidentally uploaded some code to the main site rather than my testing site), I now present to you version 0.5.1:

• When saving patterns in the online database, the "Pattern Saved!" text now correctly resets when you close and re-open the popup.
• You now have (a very limited set of) colour and shape options under "Options -> Display Settings".
• Just ignore the "Rules" option under "Options" for now. It's not yet functional.