Messages stick in outbox

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or home page function.
Tezcatlipoca

Messages stick in outbox

Post by Tezcatlipoca » February 26th, 2015, 5:41 pm

Often times when I send a PM it gets stuck in the outbox for hours and hours. Is this reflecting an actual delay in sending the message? And is this typical? If so, is it by design or what? Is there anything to be done about it? It would be nice to be able to reply promptly to messages I receive especially.

dvgrn

Re: Messages stick in outbox

Post by dvgrn » February 26th, 2015, 11:06 pm

Tezcatlipoca wrote:Often times when I send a PM it gets stuck in the outbox for hours and hours.
My interpretation of this is that a message always stays in the Outbox until its recipient logs in to conwaylife.com and reads it. That way you can tell when your message is actually read. Case in point, I still have a message in my Outbox from late last year, to someone who doesn't seem to be checking the forums any more.

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Post by Nathaniel » February 27th, 2015, 12:14 am

Yep, dvgrn is right -- messages in the outbox are just messages that haven't been read yet. You can continue to edit them (or even delete them) while they are in the outbox.

If your outbox being too full was causing you posting problems, I've raised the private message limit to 100 messages, up from 25.

danieldb

Post by danieldb » November 13th, 2015, 10:48 pm

Nathaniel wrote:Yep, dvgrn is right -- messages in the outbox are just messages that haven't been read yet. You can continue to edit them (or even delete them) while they are in the outbox.

If your outbox being too full was causing you posting problems, I've raised the private message limit to 100 messages, up from 25.
What if a user quit conwaylife, would it not clog your outbox?