How Do You Make New Pages?

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or home page function.
Electro_blob

How Do You Make New Pages?

Post by Electro_blob » October 13th, 2017, 9:07 pm

I have a very interesting pattern I have discovered in Life. When I made an account on the wiki and tried to create a page, I couldn't find a new page button. I then searched for the pattern I was trying to create or any synonyms that might exist for the pattern. There were none so I clicked the "create this page" button. Even though I am logged in, the wiki told me I did not have permission to create this page. I have looked through multiple "How To Contribute" pages in vane. There is tons of material on page editing and style, but absolutely nothing on how to actually contribute. Please help.

drc

Re: How Do You Make New Pages?

Post by drc » October 13th, 2017, 9:22 pm

What is the pattern, may I ask?

Electro_blob

Post by Electro_blob » October 13th, 2017, 9:47 pm

It is a still life that involves tables being repeated over and over again in a straight line resulting in a structure that looks like a railroad. These structures can also be made to intersect. I call these "cross pieces." It also makes a clean fuse if you remove the end of the last table in the railroad. Please don't steal this idea from me.

Macbi

Post by Macbi » October 14th, 2017, 7:47 am

Electro_blob wrote:It is a still life that involves tables being repeated over and over again in a straight line resulting in a structure that looks like a railroad. These structures can also be made to intersect. I call these "cross pieces." It also makes a clean fuse if you remove the end of the last table in the railroad. Please don't steal this idea from me.
I'm not sure if such a pattern would be significant enough for its own wiki page. There are lots and lots of still lives (already more than 1000 with just 15 cells!), and there are also a lot of clean burning fuses. So we can't have a wiki page for all of them! But it's hard to tell without looking at your pattern. Why not post a copy of it in a thread like this one: http://conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=576 so that we can have a look at it?