ConwayLife.com - A community for Conway's Game of Life and related cellular automata
Home  •  LifeWiki  •  Forums  •  Download Golly

.

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!

.

Postby Gustone » March 6th, 2019, 2:33 am

Not relevant anymore, i think it's impossible to draw at 60 fps.
Last edited by Gustone on March 6th, 2019, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gustone
 
Posts: 29
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: LifeVewer bug

Postby rowett » March 6th, 2019, 3:04 am

Gustone wrote:The same pattern can evolve either into a honey farm or a traffic light in diffirent gps. I forgot what it was, a beehive? Try drawing a single live cell inside it at 1 generation per second and at 60 generations per second. The rule was standart Life.

Sorry I can't reproduce this. If you see it again please let me know with specific steps to reproduce.
rowett
Moderator
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK

Re: LifeVewer bug

Postby Gamedziner » March 6th, 2019, 7:59 am

Gustone wrote:The same pattern can evolve either into a honey farm or a traffic light in diffirent gps. I forgot what it was, a beehive? Try drawing a single live cell inside it at 1 generation per second and at 60 generations per second. The rule was standart Life.

The cell is only drawn (when you keep the left click button held) if you move the cursor at least one pixel.
You probably did this fast enough to make a live cell each generation at 1 gps but not fast enough to make a live cell each generation at 60 gps. To make a live cell each generation at 60 gps, you would have to move the cursor every single frame.
x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!
Gamedziner
 
Posts: 659
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Re: .

Postby Hunting » April 11th, 2019, 9:06 am

Related bug: When you draw b3o$o3b$o3b$o3b! in Breps-2, it will sometimes become an R rather than butterfly.
Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

* Rule Y Orthogonoid

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 824
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Universe

Re: .

Postby fluffykitty » April 11th, 2019, 9:00 pm

So it looks like a butterfly after drawing but becomes an R parent after 1 generation? Also, does the rule have to be Breps-2 or can other rules also trigger the bug?
I like making rules
fluffykitty
 
Posts: 377
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Re: .

Postby Hunting » April 12th, 2019, 12:24 am

fluffykitty wrote:So it looks like a butterfly after drawing but becomes an R parent after 1 generation?

Yeah, that's right. It seems to ignore one cell in the butterfly, therefore it is actually running b2o$o2b$o2b$o2b!

fluffykitty wrote:Also, does the rule have to be Breps-2 or can other rules also trigger the bug?

IDK, I have only tested Breps-2. Sorry for self-promoting.
Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

* Rule Y Orthogonoid

Favorite gun ever:
#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!
Hunting
 
Posts: 824
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Universe

Re: .

Postby rowett » April 12th, 2019, 9:55 am

Hunting wrote:
fluffykitty wrote:So it looks like a butterfly after drawing but becomes an R parent after 1 generation?

Yeah, that's right. It seems to ignore one cell in the butterfly, therefore it is actually running b2o$o2b$o2b$o2b!

Which build are you using? There was a bug fixed recently that might have caused the behaviour you're describing but it was fixed in Build 318.
rowett
Moderator
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK


Return to Bugs & Errors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest