Golly crash on phone

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
Saka

Golly crash on phone

Post by Saka » December 11th, 2015, 6:30 am

Every time I try to open golly it keeps crashing on my phone. This happened after I tried to open a rule with wrong capitalization

Andrew

Re: Golly crash on phone

Post by Andrew » December 12th, 2015, 12:32 am

Are you using version 1.0 or 1.1? If you can't open Golly then I guess you'll have to remove it from your device and download a fresh version from Google Play.

I'm currently working on a new version so if you can provide more details about the exact steps that lead to the crash then I might be able to fix it.
Use Glu to explore CA rules on non-periodic tilings: DominoLife and HatLife

Saka

Post by Saka » December 12th, 2015, 1:10 am

How the crash happened:
I made a rule called Almeo but I opened it as almeo (note the capitalization), it was normal at first, but when I tried to load it from the list of rules, golly suddenly crashed. I am using the latest version

Andrew

Post by Andrew » December 12th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Saka wrote:I made a rule called Almeo but I opened it as almeo (note the capitalization), it was normal at first, but when I tried to load it from the list of rules, golly suddenly crashed.
I'll need more details to reproduce the problem. Exactly how did you create the .rule file? By editing an existing .rule file, or by pasting in the rule data from some other source (eg. these forums)? Was it saved as Almeo.rule or almeo.rule? If I can't reproduce the bug there's not much hope of fixing it.

Saka

Post by Saka » December 13th, 2015, 8:47 am

I copied a rule that I made on my phone memo (don't ask) that was saved as "Almeo.rule" but in rule loader algorithm I opened it as "almeo", usually, golly gives a message like "name almeo does not match rule "almeo" or something like that but that time it crashed

Andrew

Post by Andrew » December 17th, 2015, 7:02 pm

I still can't reproduce any crash. Can you please post the contents of Almeo.rule here if you still have it?