Large Things

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
Elithrion

Large Things

Post by Elithrion » March 6th, 2009, 6:47 pm

You should probably put a limit on saving stuff. Not that I especially mind, personally, but you probably shouldn't let the average person save a 500k cell pattern, especially in image form, as that seems to freeze up the browser (1 cell under 12/1 is still awesome, though).
Vi veri veniversum vivus vici.

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Re: Large Things

Post by Nathaniel » March 7th, 2009, 2:05 am

Elithrion wrote:You should probably put a limit on saving stuff. Not that I especially mind, personally, but you probably shouldn't let the average person save a 500k cell pattern, especially in image form, as that seems to freeze up the browser (1 cell under 12/1 is still awesome, though).
Yeah the server won't actually go through with making any images that are larger than 800x800 pixels since that would put a lot of strain on the server, but all of the other stuff (file encoding etc) is actually done on the client end of things so I figured there'd be no harm; all it will do is slow down the user's computer. There should at least be a warning message or something though for large computations.

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Re: Large Things

Post by Nathaniel » March 10th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Kk, I've added this for images, let me know if it works properly or not. I'll add some kind of warning message thing when trying to save particularly large non-image files soon.