ConwayLife.com - A community for Conway's Game of Life and related cellular automata
Home  •  LifeWiki  •  Forums  •  Download Golly

Script request thread

For scripts to aid with computation or simulation in cellular automata.

Re: Script request thread

Postby Entity Valkyrie » November 8th, 2018, 6:05 am

Can you give me a lua code that can convert rle to apgcode? I need lua, not python because I don't have python.
User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Script request thread

Postby Saka » November 8th, 2018, 6:07 am

Entity Valkyrie wrote:I need lua, not python because I don't have python.

Why dont you install python then?
Proud owner and founder of Sakagolue
x = 17, y = 10, rule = B3/S23
b2ob2obo5b2o$11b4obo$2bob3o2bo2b3o$bo3b2o4b2o$o2bo2bob2o3b4o$bob2obo5b
o2b2o$2b2o4bobo2b3o$bo3b5ob2obobo$2bo5bob2o$4bob2o2bobobo!

(Check gen 2)
User avatar
Saka
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X

Re: Script request thread

Postby Entity Valkyrie » November 8th, 2018, 11:27 pm

Saka wrote:
Entity Valkyrie wrote:I need lua, not python because I don't have python.

Why dont you install python then?

I did install python 3.7, but it still did't wprk.
User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Re: Script request thread

Postby Ian07 » November 8th, 2018, 11:41 pm

Entity Valkyrie wrote:I did install python 3.7, but it still did't wprk.

If you're on Windows 10, try setting the file path to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\python37.dll when it asks you to locate a .dll file. If that doesn't work, try C:\Windows\System32\python37.dll

With the first one, I got it to work after having the same problem for months.
Ian07
 
Posts: 50
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am

Re: Script request thread

Postby dvgrn » November 9th, 2018, 12:07 am

Entity Valkyrie wrote:
Saka wrote:
Entity Valkyrie wrote:I need lua, not python because I don't have python.

Why dont you install python then?

I did install python 3.7, but it still did't wprk.

Only Python 2.7.x works with Golly. Try installing Python 2.7.15 -- and make sure it's 32-bit if you have 32-bit Golly, or 64-bit if you have 64-bit Golly.

Or if you prefer, work on your programming skills by porting whatever Python scripts you want to Lua -- it would definitely be good to have more people who have had some practice doing that.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
 
Posts: 4913
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Script request thread

Postby Ian07 » November 9th, 2018, 12:56 am

dvgrn wrote:Only Python 2.7.x works with Golly. Try installing Python 2.7.15 -- and make sure it's 32-bit if you have 32-bit Golly, or 64-bit if you have 64-bit Golly.

Yeah, forgot about that. Anyway, if it still gives an error, the thing I suggested above should still work - just replace Python37 with Python27.
Ian07
 
Posts: 50
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am

Re: Script request thread

Postby Entity Valkyrie » November 15th, 2018, 5:26 am

Ian07 wrote:
dvgrn wrote:Only Python 2.7.x works with Golly. Try installing Python 2.7.15 -- and make sure it's 32-bit if you have 32-bit Golly, or 64-bit if you have 64-bit Golly.

Yeah, forgot about that. Anyway, if it still gives an error, the thing I suggested above should still work - just replace Python37 with Python27.


I already have python 2.7.15.
User avatar
Entity Valkyrie
 
Posts: 150
Joined: November 30th, 2017, 3:30 am

Previous

Return to Scripts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests