ConwayLife.com - A community for Conway's Game of Life and related cellular automata
Home  •  LifeWiki  •  Forums  •  Download Golly

Methuselah search program?

For scripts to aid with computation or simulation in cellular automata.

Re: Methuselah search program?

Postby wildmyron » August 28th, 2018, 7:48 am

Perhaps you could be more specific about what you want in such a search program, considering that you've previously used simeks' methuselah search program.
wildmyron

Postby dvgrn » August 31st, 2018, 9:27 pm

testitemqlstudop wrote:I haven't seen one around here...

testitemqlstudop wrote:First of all, yes, I tried it, it's very good for lower bounding boxes, but it won't report anything for higher bounding boxes.

Secondly, (s)he said a optimized one will be released "soon".

Lastly, I tried using the "resume" option (continue from N*1000000th seed), but it never works. This is very disturbing since several times I clumsily close the command line and I have to restart again from 0.

[I'm deleting testitemqlstudop's actual posts, as a quick way to get the HTML-breaking sig line out of this thread temporarily. Will probably do the same to any future posts until the sig line is fixed.]
dvgrn

Postby 77topaz » September 1st, 2018, 1:32 am

There's no way for the admins to edit users' sig lines? That would help with sig line-spammers, too.
77topaz

Postby dvgrn » September 1st, 2018, 7:32 am

77topaz wrote:There's no way for the admins to edit users' sig lines? That would help with sig line-spammers, too.

Sig lines, like passwords, are off-limits at least to me (as far as I know). Nathaniel might be able to get at the actual database where they're stored, if he really wanted to.

But deleting posts certainly does take care of the sig lines! So I tend to think this particular problem is just a temporary one...
dvgrn

Return to Scripts