Methuselah search program?

For scripts to aid with computation or simulation in cellular automata.
wildmyron

Re: Methuselah search program?

Post by wildmyron » August 28th, 2018, 7:48 am

Perhaps you could be more specific about what you want in such a search program, considering that you've previously used simeks' methuselah search program.
The 5S project (Smallest Spaceships Supporting Specific Speeds) is now maintained by AforAmpere. The latest collection is hosted on GitHub and contains well over 1,000,000 spaceships.

Semi-active here - recovering from a severe case of LWTDS.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » August 31st, 2018, 9:27 pm

testitemqlstudop wrote:I haven't seen one around here...
testitemqlstudop wrote:First of all, yes, I tried it, it's very good for lower bounding boxes, but it won't report anything for higher bounding boxes.

Secondly, (s)he said a optimized one will be released "soon".

Lastly, I tried using the "resume" option (continue from N*1000000th seed), but it never works. This is very disturbing since several times I clumsily close the command line and I have to restart again from 0.
[I'm deleting testitemqlstudop's actual posts, as a quick way to get the HTML-breaking sig line out of this thread temporarily. Will probably do the same to any future posts until the sig line is fixed.]

77topaz

Post by 77topaz » September 1st, 2018, 1:32 am

There's no way for the admins to edit users' sig lines? That would help with sig line-spammers, too.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » September 1st, 2018, 7:32 am

77topaz wrote:There's no way for the admins to edit users' sig lines? That would help with sig line-spammers, too.
Sig lines, like passwords, are off-limits at least to me (as far as I know). Nathaniel might be able to get at the actual database where they're stored, if he really wanted to.

But deleting posts certainly does take care of the sig lines! So I tend to think this particular problem is just a temporary one...