Revision as of 17:37, 18 November 2018 by Dvgrn
The following is a list of past news items that ran on the Main Page:
- Hartmut Holzwart completes a two-dimensionally extensible wick-supporting pushalong with a minimum width of over a thousand cells.
- New Orthogonoids with periods 227 and 228 are constructed by Dave Greene, followed by a 225 version by Adam P. Goucher.
- A new period-14 oscillator, 34P14.1, is found by 'carybe'.
- Christoph R. discovers a new Fireship tagalong.
- Dave Greene completes the construction of two new HashLife-friendly Demonoids.
- A complex 140-glider synthesis of a c/2 signal traveling along a diagonal longN barge wire is completed by Martin Grant.
- A p4 bouncer reflector is constructed by Arie Paap. With the p9 reflector, this completes the set of colour-changing and colour-preserving reflectors with periods from 4 to 9.
- A p9 reflector is discovered by Matthias Merzenich and "carybe" based on Noam Elkies' bouncer reaction. This is the first reflector capable of reflecting a p27 glider stream.
- A true p33 gun is discovered by Arie Paap and Matthias Merzenich.
- A true p52 gun is completed by a collaborative effort.
- Dave Greene completes the construction of a stable line crosser with a repeat time of 501 ticks.
- The Minstrels, a group of tagalongs for Sir Robin, are discovered.
- The construction of a reverse caber-tosser shows that any glider-constructible object can be constructed with at most 35 gliders.
- A p3 reflector is discovered by Arie Paap based on Tanner Jacobi's bumper reaction. This is the first reflector capable of reflecting a p39 glider stream.
- Sir Robin, the first elementary knightship in Life, is discovered by Adam P. Goucher and Tom Rokicki.
- The 2-engine Cordership wins the 2017 Pattern of the Year competition, with Tanner's p46 taking second place.