- "Barge" may also refer to a particular c/3 extensible spaceship that can be found at Barge (spaceship).
The barge is a common 6-cell still life discovered by the JHC group in 1970. It is infinitely extensible, and can be seen as a long version of the tub.
Barge is the tenth most common still life in Achim Flammenkamp's census, being less common than ship-tie but more common than half-bakery. It is also the fourteenth most common object on Adam P. Goucher's Catagolue. It is the third most common 6-bit still life, being less common than the ship but more common than the aircraft carrier.
- ↑ Dean Hickerson's oscillator stamp collection. Retrieved on June 18, 2009.
- ↑ Achim Flammenkamp (September 7, 2004). "Most seen natural occurring ash objects in Game of Life". Retrieved on June 6, 2013.
- ↑ Adam P. Goucher. "Statistics". Catagolue. Retrieved on June 24, 2016.
- Barge at the Life Lexicon