User talk:Apple Bottom
- You're very welcome! Always glad to be able to help out. Apple Bottom (talk) 21:04, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
Hello Apple Bottom, and thanks for editing Catagolue links and other stuff into articles.
I am making this post because I have something to comment on. It seems that you are aiming to make a page for every single discovered and named Catagolue Life object in existence. I don't see the point in doing this. The vast majority of these patterns are not notable. FractalFusion (talk) 18:46, 22 March 2016 (UTC)
I've bumped you up from "Trusted" to "Administrator". I can undo this change if you would prefer, but I figure you've more than shown that you can do great things around here. Nathaniel (talk) 12:53, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
- I'm humbled and honored. Thanks a lot for the kind words, and for your confidence and trust! Apple Bottom (talk) 16:01, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
Fake Still Lives
- No -- a pseudo still life is a single object that isn't a strict still life because it can be decomposed into several parts; a fake still life is a pattern that isn't a single object to begin with. Contrast:
- Apple Bottom (talk) 11:43, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
- BTW -- there's been some talk about this on the forums, and at User:Dvgrn's suggestion I've renamed "fake still lifes" to "constellations". Apple Bottom (talk) 22:52, 15 January 2017 (UTC)
You have the modified code, come and get it! -wwei23 10:31AM 6/25/2017 NY time
Why are you adding the ™ symbol to articles? Not saying that I don't like it (It's actually pretty hilarious and makes the LifeWiki™ more entertaining), but where did you get it from? It seems like you started using it in posting the "Catagolue Quota-O-Meter™". Keep the comedy up!
- I'm not adding it to articles. The only place I've used the trademark symbol on the wiki (as far as I recall) is once in Tutorials/Search methods, and I think the tutorials can and indeed should be written in a somewhat more engaging, entertaining style than the main articles with their encyclopedic tone. If you think it's not appropriate, though, feel free to edit it out. Apple Bottom (talk) 16:37, 7 August 2017 (UTC)