This is the LtL rule using hash neighborhood.
Similar to Life, it's chaotic and soups last for hundreds of generations.
Not to be confused with HashLife.
Due to being a LtL rule, it's dynamics has a bit of reminiscent of Bosco's rule.
Still lifes, oscillators and spaceship collection:
Code: Select all
x = 54, y = 24, rule = R2,C2,S4-6,B5-6,N# b2o5b2o7b2o9bo20bo2bo$ob2o3b2obo4b2o2b2o6b3o8b3o8b2ob2o$o2bo3bo3bo3b2o 2b2o7bo8b3o10b3o$b2o5bob2o5b2o32bo$9b2o3$39bo$38bobo$37bobobo$bo7bobo 5bobo9bo6bo5bo$2ob2o3b2ob2o3b2ob2o7bobo4bobo3bobo$2ob2o3b2ob2o3b2ob2o 6bobo6bo5bo$3bo7bo5bobo8bo8bobobo$38bobo$39bo5$28b2o9bo$27b4o6b4o$28b 2o7b4o$39bo!
1. Eye (smallest still life)
2. Bicrotcher (smallest still life with 2 pseudo-islands)
3. Crotcher (contains crotchet)
5. Slanted eye
6. Squashed eye
1. Cross (p2, smallest oscillator)
2. Toad (p2)
3. Barge (p2, smallest phoenix)
4. Lake (p2)
5. Honeycomb (p3)
6. Toppling table (p4)
1. B-glider (2c/4, symbol B)
B-glider, or Glider 4656, with symbol B, also a decomino (like LWSS as duodecomino), is the most notable spaceship in hash. It's also the smallest and most common spaceship in the rule.
Cross, while exists in B3/S4, is still the most notable oscillator in #.
Eye and crotcher also exists in totalistic rule, but it's still the most notable still life in #.
1. Find another spaceship ✓
2. Find an infinite growing pattern or B gun
3. Find a catalyst or B eater
4. Make conduits using B or methuselahs
5. Prove that # is Turing complete (make rule 110 unit cell or stripe)
6. Find other periods
1. Find a knightship
2. Prove that # is omniperiodic
3. Build a metacell to emulate #
4. Construct a macro spaceship