Rule request thread

For discussion of other cellular automata.
wildmyron
Posts: 1447
Joined: August 9th, 2013, 12:45 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by wildmyron » February 3rd, 2020, 2:31 am

GUYTU6J wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 2:24 am
Hunting wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 12:01 am
I need a B2n3/S23-qHistory rule.
Dvgrn has made a script called isotropic-markedhistory-rule-gen.py, see https://github.com/dvgrn/b3s23life/blob ... ule-gen.py
I think this is the intended link: https://github.com/dvgrn/b3s23life/blob ... ule-gen.py

Other scripts are available in the same folder: https://github.com/dvgrn/b3s23life/blob ... le-makers/
The latest version of the 5S Project contains over 226,000 spaceships. There is also a GitHub mirror of the collection. Tabulated pages up to period 160 (out of date) are available on the LifeWiki.

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Hunting » February 3rd, 2020, 2:36 am

GUYTU6J wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 2:24 am
Hunting wrote:
February 3rd, 2020, 12:01 am
I need a B2n3/S23-qHistory rule.
Dvgrn has made a script called isotropic-markedhistory-rule-gen.py, see https://github.com/dvgrn/b3s23life/blob ... ule-gen.py
Well I'm too lazy to use it...
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

muzik
Posts: 3910
Joined: January 28th, 2016, 2:47 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Rule request thread

Post by muzik » February 3rd, 2020, 8:44 am

Code: Select all

x = 2, y = 20, rule = B3/S5
2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o$2o!
If the edges of these are said to imitate Rule 90, what 3-state rule would allow similar such oscillators made of 2x2 blocks to simulate this rule on its edges?

EDIT: I believe I have found it, going to test further...
Bored of using the Moore neighbourhood for everything? Introducing the Range-2 von Neumann isotropic non-totalistic rulespace!

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Hunting » February 5th, 2020, 12:03 pm

I need an ExtendedLeapLife and LeapLifeStateInvestigator rule.
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 3569
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Moosey » February 25th, 2020, 10:01 am

I would like a rule which can find fses for ordinals up to e_0

For reference, it has these rules
w[n] = n
(a+b)[n] = a+b[n], a>= b
w^(a+1)[n] = (w^a)n
w^(a)[n] = w^(a[n]), a a limit ordinal
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

Nanho walåt derwo esaato?

User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 619
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Gustone » February 26th, 2020, 2:34 pm

Ship please

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2b3o$bobobo$3ob3o$bobobo$2b3o$3bo!
[[ STOP 17 ]]
My favourite oscillator of all time

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 13, rule = B3/S23
7bo2$3b2o5b2o$b2o4bo4b2o$5b2ob2o$bobo7bobo$bo2bobobobo2bo$5obobob5o$o
4bo3bo4bo$b3obobobob3o$3bob2obo2bo$8bobo$8b2o!

User avatar
FWKnightship
Posts: 637
Joined: June 23rd, 2019, 3:10 am
Location: 我不告诉你

Re: Rule request thread

Post by FWKnightship » February 26th, 2020, 8:23 pm

Gustone wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 2:34 pm
Ship please

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 6, rule = B3/S23
2b3o$bobobo$3ob3o$bobobo$2b3o$3bo!
[[ STOP 17 ]]

Code: Select all

@RULE FWKS-4c17Test
@TABLE
n_states:3
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:rotate4reflect

var Aa={1,2}
var Ab=Aa
var Ac=Aa
var Ad=Aa
var Ae=Aa
var Af=Aa
var Ag=Aa
var Ah=Aa

var all={0,Aa}
var bll=all
var cll=all
var dll=all
var ell=all
var fll=all
var gll=all
var hll=all
var ill=all
#4c/17
1,1,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,2
1,0,1,2,1,0,0,0,0,2
0,0,1,2,1,0,0,0,0,2
1,2,0,0,1,0,1,0,0,2
1,0,2,0,0,0,1,0,0,2
1,2,1,0,1,2,0,1,0,2
0,1,1,2,0,0,0,0,0,2
0,0,2,0,2,1,1,0,0,1
0,0,2,1,2,0,0,0,0,0
1,2,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,2
#1
0,0,1,0,1,0,Aa,0,0,1
0,0,1,0,Aa,0,1,0,0,1
0,0,Aa,0,1,0,1,0,0,1
0,1,0,1,0,Aa,0,0,0,1
0,1,0,Aa,0,1,0,0,0,1
0,Aa,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,1
0,1,0,1,0,0,Aa,0,0,1
0,1,0,Aa,0,0,1,0,0,1
0,Aa,0,1,0,0,1,0,0,1
0,1,1,Aa,0,0,0,0,0,1
0,1,Aa,1,0,0,0,0,0,1
0,Aa,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1
0,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,Aa,1
0,1,Aa,0,0,0,0,0,1,1
0,Aa,1,0,0,0,0,0,1,1
0,1,1,0,Aa,0,0,0,0,1
0,1,Aa,0,1,0,0,0,0,1
0,Aa,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,1
0,1,0,0,1,0,Aa,0,0,1
0,1,0,0,Aa,0,1,0,0,1
0,Aa,0,0,1,0,1,0,0,1
0,1,1,0,0,0,Aa,0,0,1
0,1,Aa,0,0,0,1,0,0,1
0,Aa,1,0,0,0,1,0,0,1
0,1,1,0,0,0,0,Aa,0,1
0,1,Aa,0,0,0,0,1,0,1
0,Aa,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,1
0,1,1,0,0,Aa,0,0,0,1
0,1,Aa,0,0,1,0,0,0,1
0,Aa,1,0,0,1,0,0,0,1
1,0,Aa,0,Ab,0,0,0,0,1
1,Aa,0,Ab,0,0,0,0,0,1
1,Aa,0,0,Ab,0,0,0,0,1
1,Aa,Ab,0,0,0,0,0,0,1
1,Aa,0,0,0,Ab,0,0,0,1
1,0,Aa,0,0,0,Ab,0,0,1
1,0,Aa,0,Ab,0,Ac,0,0,1
1,Aa,0,Ab,0,Ac,0,0,0,1
1,Aa,0,Ab,0,0,Ac,0,0,1
1,Aa,Ab,Ac,0,0,0,0,0,1
1,Aa,Ab,0,0,0,0,0,Ac,1
1,Aa,Ab,0,Ac,0,0,0,0,1
1,Aa,0,0,Ab,0,Ac,0,0,1
1,Aa,Ab,0,0,0,Ac,0,0,1
1,Aa,Ab,0,0,0,0,Ac,0,1
1,Aa,Ab,0,0,Ac,0,0,0,1
#2
0,0,2,0,2,0,Aa,0,0,1
0,0,2,0,Aa,0,2,0,0,1
0,0,Aa,0,2,0,2,0,0,1
0,2,0,2,0,Aa,0,0,0,1
0,2,0,Aa,0,2,0,0,0,1
0,Aa,0,2,0,2,0,0,0,1
0,2,0,2,0,0,Aa,0,0,1
0,2,0,Aa,0,0,2,0,0,1
0,Aa,0,2,0,0,2,0,0,1
0,2,2,Aa,0,0,0,0,0,1
0,2,Aa,2,0,0,0,0,0,1
0,Aa,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,1
0,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,Aa,1
0,2,Aa,0,0,0,0,0,2,1
0,Aa,2,0,0,0,0,0,2,1
0,2,2,0,Aa,0,0,0,0,1
0,2,Aa,0,2,0,0,0,0,1
0,Aa,2,0,2,0,0,0,0,1
0,2,0,0,2,0,Aa,0,0,1
0,2,0,0,Aa,0,2,0,0,1
0,Aa,0,0,2,0,2,0,0,1
0,2,2,0,0,0,Aa,0,0,1
0,2,Aa,0,0,0,2,0,0,1
0,Aa,2,0,0,0,2,0,0,1
0,2,2,0,0,0,0,Aa,0,1
0,2,Aa,0,0,0,0,2,0,1
0,Aa,2,0,0,0,0,2,0,1
0,2,2,0,0,Aa,0,0,0,1
0,2,Aa,0,0,2,0,0,0,1
0,Aa,2,0,0,2,0,0,0,1
2,0,Aa,0,Ab,0,0,0,0,1
2,Aa,0,Ab,0,0,0,0,0,1
2,Aa,0,0,Ab,0,0,0,0,1
2,Aa,Ab,0,0,0,0,0,0,1
2,Aa,0,0,0,Ab,0,0,0,1
2,0,Aa,0,0,0,Ab,0,0,1
2,0,Aa,0,Ab,0,Ac,0,0,1
2,Aa,0,Ab,0,Ac,0,0,0,1
2,Aa,0,Ab,0,0,Ac,0,0,1
2,Aa,Ab,Ac,0,0,0,0,0,1
2,Aa,Ab,0,0,0,0,0,Ac,1
2,Aa,Ab,0,Ac,0,0,0,0,1
2,Aa,0,0,Ab,0,Ac,0,0,1
2,Aa,Ab,0,0,0,Ac,0,0,1
2,Aa,Ab,0,0,0,0,Ac,0,1
2,Aa,Ab,0,0,Ac,0,0,0,1
#death
all,bll,cll,dll,ell,fll,gll,hll,ill,0

Code: Select all

x = 7, y = 6, rule = FWKS-4c17Test
2.3A$.A.A.A$3A.3A$.A.A.A$2.3A$3.A!
I'm too shy to talk to other members.
But I want to upload my apgsearch results to Catagolue like others.
search.php?keywords=FWKnightship

JP21
Posts: 1145
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: PH

Re: Rule request thread

Post by JP21 » March 8th, 2020, 2:52 am

dvgrn wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 9:19 am
JP21 wrote:
January 31st, 2020, 9:08 am
Can someone shrink this rule down? (Made on 12-4-19)

Code: Select all

@RULE 4-in-1v2x1
@TABLE
n_states:5
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:permute
var a={0,1,2,3,4}
var a1={a}
var a2={a}
var a3={a}
var b={0,2,3,4}
var b1={b}
var b2={b}
var b3={b}
var b4={b}
var b5={b}
var b6={b}
var c={0,1,3,4}
var c1={c}
var c2={c}
var c3={c}
var c4={c}
var c5={c}
var d={0,1,2,4}
var d1={d}
var d2={d}
var d3={d}
var d4={d}
var d5={d}
var d6={d}
var e={0,1,2,3}
var e1={e}
var e2={e}
var e3={e}
var e4={e}
var e5={e}
var e6={e}
var e7={e}
var f={2,3,4}
var g={1,3,4}
var h={1,2,4}
var i={1,2,3}
var j={0,2}
var j1={j}
0,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1
1,a,b,b1,b2,b3,b4,b5,b6,0
1,1,1,1,1,a,a1,a2,a3,0
1,1,1,a,b,b1,b2,b3,f,0
0,2,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,2
0,2,2,2,2,2,2,j,j1,2
2,a,a1,c,c1,c2,c3,c4,c5,0
2,2,2,2,2,2,c,c1,c2,0
2,2,2,2,a,c,c1,c2,g,0
2,2,2,2,2,2,2,a,g,0
0,3,3,3,0,0,0,0,0,3
0,3,3,3,3,3,3,0,0,3
0,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
3,a,d,d1,d2,d3,d4,d5,d6,0
3,3,3,3,d,d2,d3,d4,d5,0
3,3,3,3,3,3,3,a,a2,0
3,3,3,d,d1,d2,d3,d4,h,0
3,3,3,3,3,a,d,d1,h,0
0,4,4,4,0,0,0,0,0,4
0,4,4,4,4,4,4,0,0,4
4,e,e1,e2,e3,e4,e5,e6,e7,0
4,4,4,4,a,e,e1,e2,e3,0
4,4,4,4,4,4,4,a,a1,0
4,4,a,e,e1,e2,e3,e4,i,0
4,4,4,4,4,4,e,e1,i,0
@COLORS
1 0 255 0
2 0 255 255
3 255 128 0
4 255 255 0
Why does it need shrinking down? It looks reasonably compact for a four-in-one rule. In fact, it's a bit too compact, with no comments saying what the four states are emulating, or what exactly is supposed to happen when different states interact.

State 1 is B3/S23, and the others look familiar, too -- probably somebody here can recognize them right off, without analyzing the rule lines. State 3 is that rule where one phase of a glider becomes a p4 oscillator:

Code: Select all

x = 3, y = 3, rule = 4-in-1v2x1
.C$2C$C.C!
Now what is this then?

Code: Select all

@RULE 4-in-1v3
@TABLE
n_states:5
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:permute
var a={0,1}
var b={0,2}
var b1=b
var b2=b
var c={0,3}
var d={0,4}
var e={0,1,2,3,4}
var e1=e
var e2=e
var e3=e
var e4=e
var e5=e
var e6=e
var e7=e
var e8=e
0,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1
1,1,1,a,0,0,0,0,0,1
0,2,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,2
b,2,2,2,2,2,2,b1,b2,2
2,2,2,2,b,0,0,0,0,2
0,3,3,3,0,0,0,0,0,3
0,3,3,3,3,3,3,0,0,3
0,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3
3,3,3,0,0,0,0,0,0,3
3,3,3,3,3,c,0,0,0,3
0,4,4,4,0,0,0,0,0,4
0,4,4,4,4,4,4,0,0,4
4,4,d,0,0,0,0,0,0,4
4,4,4,4,4,4,0,0,0,4
e,e1,e2,e3,e4,e5,e6,e7,e8,0
@COLORS
1 0 255 0
2 0 255 255
3 255 128 0
4 255 255 0
I thought you were the "expert" of everything Cellular Automata.
Why didn't you notice? I knew there was a way to shrink it but you forgot and never told me that.....
Example:
1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0
1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0
1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0
1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0,0
1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,0
is the same as
var a={0,1}
var a1=a
..........
1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1
a,a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7,a8,0
although you can
var a={0,1}
var a1=a
..........
1,a,a1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
1,1,1,1,1,a,a1,a2,a3,0
You never realized how great shrinking down is.
It was also so much better than my last one.
I think there is a way to compact it even more. (Maybe the @TREE)
Can you add it to the list of rules on wiki?
https://conwaylife.com/wiki/Rule:4-in-1v3
A 14 year old guy that have useless discoveries in life and other rules.

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
11b2o$11b2o4$8b2o$8b2o2$2o$2o3$3b2o$3b2o2$11b2o$10b2o$12bo$3b2o$3b2o!

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 1449
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: China

Re: Rule request thread

Post by yujh » March 9th, 2020, 1:33 am

Possible to have a rule with three oblique spaceships with the min pop under 100(not including Tagalongs)?
And 5 speeds of spaceships with their min pops under 100(2 under 30 and at least one of them is a diagonal moving one)?
For me, it’s quite an impossible thing.(not map rules, larger than life ,not sticking rules together, but can be a multicolor one.
And finally ,the rule is a non b012,s01 one.
This might be impossible, but could make a brilliant rule.
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k!!!
Mission: find a rule with 2-5ob,7-15d,3-5o ships and 4 sparky hp osc.
B2ikn35j6i/S23-a8
B2ck3ar4ac5e6c7/S1e2-an3ejnr4air5iy6c7c8

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Hunting » March 9th, 2020, 2:19 am

yujh wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 1:33 am
Possible to have a rule with three oblique spaceships with the min pop under 100(not including Tagalongs)?
And 5 speeds of spaceships with their min pops under 100(2 under 30 and at least one of them is a diagonal moving one)?
For me, it’s quite an impossible thing.(not map rules, larger than life ,not sticking rules together, but can be a multicolor one.
And finally ,the rule is a non b012,s01 one.
This might be impossible, but could make a brilliant rule.
Go ask the 5s people. They knows about millons (really) of spaceships.

They probably can achieve min pops under 20.
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

wildmyron
Posts: 1447
Joined: August 9th, 2013, 12:45 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by wildmyron » March 9th, 2020, 2:55 am

Hunting wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 2:19 am
yujh wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 1:33 am
Possible to have a rule with three oblique spaceships with the min pop under 100(not including Tagalongs)?
And 5 speeds of spaceships with their min pops under 100(2 under 30 and at least one of them is a diagonal moving one)?
For me, it’s quite an impossible thing.(not map rules, larger than life ,not sticking rules together, but can be a multicolor one.
And finally ,the rule is a non b012,s01 one.
This might be impossible, but could make a brilliant rule.
Go ask the 5s people. They knows about millons (really) of spaceships.

They probably can achieve min pops under 20.
5S is not really a good source of rules with multiple spaceships. See my analysis of this topic for further details about why.

I'm sure that there are already rules which have been explored which meet this criteria, but I can't think of which ones off the top of my head.
The latest version of the 5S Project contains over 226,000 spaceships. There is also a GitHub mirror of the collection. Tabulated pages up to period 160 (out of date) are available on the LifeWiki.

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 3569
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Moosey » March 9th, 2020, 9:12 am

wildmyron wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 2:55 am
Hunting wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 2:19 am
yujh wrote:
March 9th, 2020, 1:33 am
Possible to have a rule with three oblique spaceships with the min pop under 100(not including Tagalongs)?
And 5 speeds of spaceships with their min pops under 100(2 under 30 and at least one of them is a diagonal moving one)?
For me, it’s quite an impossible thing.(not map rules, larger than life ,not sticking rules together, but can be a multicolor one.
And finally ,the rule is a non b012,s01 one.
This might be impossible, but could make a brilliant rule.
Go ask the 5s people. They knows about millons (really) of spaceships.

They probably can achieve min pops under 20.
5S is not really a good source of rules with multiple spaceships. See my analysis of this topic for further details about why.

I'm sure that there are already rules which have been explored which meet this criteria, but I can't think of which ones off the top of my head.
I remember savanna (which is TC I think) had two elementary obliques with small min pop. I don't remember many other rules like that though, let alone any with three elementary obliques.
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

Nanho walåt derwo esaato?

wildmyron
Posts: 1447
Joined: August 9th, 2013, 12:45 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by wildmyron » March 9th, 2020, 10:10 am

Hmm, rereading the requirements it does seem unlikely. Although there's some ambiguity about the rules allowed - not MAP rules implies isotropic non-totalistic is allowed, but which transitions should be disallowed? Is it any of B012/S01? And why all those transitions? Is the rule allowed to be explosive? And what kind of multistate rules might be permissible? There's so many options that are not just sticking multiple rules together but would have the same effect. Perhaps all ships are required to have cells of every state in some phase (or even in at least one phase). Should any transition resulting in a "birth" from less than three neighbours be disallowed? Even given these restrictions it seems to me that there's lots of inventive ways that rules could be combined which meet the letter but not the spirit of these restrictions.

Lastly, what about the rules with adjustable knightships? @yujh Are you aware of those rules? The specific rule in the linked post doesn't meet the criteria, but another rule earlier in the thread has only S0 from the forbidden transition list - and it probably wouldn't be too hard to find a rule with the required shift+reflection reactions using blocks as the reflector.
The latest version of the 5S Project contains over 226,000 spaceships. There is also a GitHub mirror of the collection. Tabulated pages up to period 160 (out of date) are available on the LifeWiki.

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 1449
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: China

Re: Rule request thread

Post by yujh » March 13th, 2020, 2:59 am

I see. Thanks.
3c/7,please?

Code: Select all

x=0,y=0,rule =B3/S23
5bo7bo$4bobo5bobo$3b2ob2o3b2ob2o$4bobo5bobo$2bob2o3bo3b2obo$2b7ob7o$6b7o$5bob2ob2obo$2b2obo7bob2o$b3ob2o5b2ob3o$o17bo$3bob2o5b2obo!
It’s OK without the tail.
Edit:
Hopefully, this also?

Code: Select all

x=0,y=0,rule=B3/S23
.....ooo..$
o.........$
o..o.....o$
o..o.....o$
...o.....o$
.....ooo..$
........$
.....ooo$
...o.....o$
o..o.....o$
o..o.....o$
o.........$
.....ooo..![code]
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k!!!
Mission: find a rule with 2-5ob,7-15d,3-5o ships and 4 sparky hp osc.
B2ikn35j6i/S23-a8
B2ck3ar4ac5e6c7/S1e2-an3ejnr4air5iy6c7c8

JP21
Posts: 1145
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: PH

Re: Rule request thread

Post by JP21 » March 24th, 2020, 6:44 am

yujh wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 2:59 am
I see. Thanks.
3c/7,please?

Code: Select all

x = 27, y = 137, rule = B3/S23
8b3o5b3o$8bobo5bobo$8bobo5bobo$6bob2o3bo3b2obo$6b2o4bobo4b2o$10b2obob
2o$9bo7bo$9bobo3bobo$5b5o7b5o$4bo2bo11bo2bo$5bob3o7b3obo$7bob2o5b2obo$
6b2obobo3bobob2o$6b3obo5bob3o2$10b2o3b2o$12bobo$9bo7bo$9b2o5b2o$6b2o
11b2o$4bob2o11b2obo$4b2o2b2o7b2o2b2o$4bo2bo2bo5bo2bo2bo$5bo4bo5bo4bo$
5bo2bo2bo3bo2bo2bo$2bo5bo9bo5bo$3bobo15bobo$7bo11bo$3bo3bobo7bobo3bo$
3bo2bo3bo5bo3bo2bo$4b2o2b2o7b2o2b2o$8bo9bo2$8b5ob5o$bo6b2ob2ob2ob2o6bo
$3o7bo5bo7b3o$o2b2o5bo5bo5b2o2bo$2bo3b5o5b5o3bo$7bob2o5b2obo$bo3bo15bo
3bo$bob2o2bo11bo2b2obo$bob4o13b4obo$4bo17bo2$2bo21bo$bobo19bobo$o25bo$
o3bo17bo3bo$5bo15bo$2o23b2o$2bo3bo2bo7bo2bo3bo$2bo3bobobo5bobobo3bo$2b
o5bob2o3b2obo5bo$2bo3b2obo7bob2o3bo$6b2o11b2o$4bo17bo$3bo19bo$3bo4bo9b
o4bo$2b2o3b2o9b2o3b2o$2b2o3bobo7bobo3b2o$2b2o3b2o3b3o3b2o3b2o$2b3o2b3o
bo3bob3o2b3o$6bob2obo3bob2obo$2b2o3b2obo5bob2o3b2o$3bob2o3bobobobo3b2o
bo$11bobobo$8bo9bo$8b3o5b3o$10b2obob2o$10b7o$8b3o5b3o$7b2obobobobob2o$
6bo3bo5bo3bo$11b2ob2o$5bo2bobobobobobo2bo$6b4o7b4o$9bo7bo$9bo7bo$6b2ob
o2bobo2bob2o2$9b2o5b2o3$9bo7bo$9b3o3b3o$8bo2bo3bo2bo$9bo7bo$8bo2bo3bo
2bo$11b2ob2o$12bobo$10bobobobo$9bo3bo3bo$9bo7bo$12bobo$7b2obo5bob2o$7b
2o2bo3bo2b2o$7bo11bo$8bo9bo$6bobo9bobo$5b4o9b4o$5b2obobo5bobob2o$4bo2b
o11bo2bo$9bobo3bobo$8b2obo3bob2o$4bo2bo3b2ob2o3bo2bo$9bo2bobo2bo$6bo2b
ob2ob2obo2bo$7bobobobobobobo$8b2o2bobo2b2o$9bobo3bobo$10b2o3b2o$7b2o9b
2o$7b3o7b3o$7bobo7bobo$5b2o2bo7bo2b2o$5b2o13b2o$11bo3bo$6bo4bo3bo4bo$
6b2o3bo3bo3b2o$7bo2bo5bo2bo$7b3o7b3o$6bobo9bobo$6b2o11b2o$6bobo4bo4bob
o$6b2o4b3o4b2o$6b2o3bo3bo3b2o$5b3o4b3o4b3o$3b2o17b2o$2bo5b2o2bobo2b2o
5bo2$2bo2bob3ob2ob2ob3obo2bo$8b3o5b3o$10b3ob3o$5bo4b2obob2o4bo$11bo3bo
2$11b2ob2o!
It’s OK without the tail.
Edit:
Hopefully, this also?

Code: Select all

x=11,y=13,rule=B3/S23
.....ooo..$
o.........$
o..o.....o$
o..o.....o$
...o.....o$
.....ooo..$
........$
.....ooo$
...o.....o$
o..o.....o$
o..o.....o$
o.........$
.....ooo..!
Isn't this the wrong thread to talk about that?

Can someone create a variable rule for this? (Randomly found that in the Internet)
It's probably impossible.

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 1449
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: China

Re: Rule request thread

Post by yujh » March 24th, 2020, 7:01 am

JP21 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 6:44 am
yujh wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 2:59 am
I see. Thanks.
3c/7,please?

Code: Select all

x = 27, y = 137, rule = B3/S23
8b3o5b3o$8bobo5bobo$8bobo5bobo$6bob2o3bo3b2obo$6b2o4bobo4b2o$10b2obob
2o$9bo7bo$9bobo3bobo$5b5o7b5o$4bo2bo11bo2bo$5bob3o7b3obo$7bob2o5b2obo$
6b2obobo3bobob2o$6b3obo5bob3o2$10b2o3b2o$12bobo$9bo7bo$9b2o5b2o$6b2o
11b2o$4bob2o11b2obo$4b2o2b2o7b2o2b2o$4bo2bo2bo5bo2bo2bo$5bo4bo5bo4bo$
5bo2bo2bo3bo2bo2bo$2bo5bo9bo5bo$3bobo15bobo$7bo11bo$3bo3bobo7bobo3bo$
3bo2bo3bo5bo3bo2bo$4b2o2b2o7b2o2b2o$8bo9bo2$8b5ob5o$bo6b2ob2ob2ob2o6bo
$3o7bo5bo7b3o$o2b2o5bo5bo5b2o2bo$2bo3b5o5b5o3bo$7bob2o5b2obo$bo3bo15bo
3bo$bob2o2bo11bo2b2obo$bob4o13b4obo$4bo17bo2$2bo21bo$bobo19bobo$o25bo$
o3bo17bo3bo$5bo15bo$2o23b2o$2bo3bo2bo7bo2bo3bo$2bo3bobobo5bobobo3bo$2b
o5bob2o3b2obo5bo$2bo3b2obo7bob2o3bo$6b2o11b2o$4bo17bo$3bo19bo$3bo4bo9b
o4bo$2b2o3b2o9b2o3b2o$2b2o3bobo7bobo3b2o$2b2o3b2o3b3o3b2o3b2o$2b3o2b3o
bo3bob3o2b3o$6bob2obo3bob2obo$2b2o3b2obo5bob2o3b2o$3bob2o3bobobobo3b2o
bo$11bobobo$8bo9bo$8b3o5b3o$10b2obob2o$10b7o$8b3o5b3o$7b2obobobobob2o$
6bo3bo5bo3bo$11b2ob2o$5bo2bobobobobobo2bo$6b4o7b4o$9bo7bo$9bo7bo$6b2ob
o2bobo2bob2o2$9b2o5b2o3$9bo7bo$9b3o3b3o$8bo2bo3bo2bo$9bo7bo$8bo2bo3bo
2bo$11b2ob2o$12bobo$10bobobobo$9bo3bo3bo$9bo7bo$12bobo$7b2obo5bob2o$7b
2o2bo3bo2b2o$7bo11bo$8bo9bo$6bobo9bobo$5b4o9b4o$5b2obobo5bobob2o$4bo2b
o11bo2bo$9bobo3bobo$8b2obo3bob2o$4bo2bo3b2ob2o3bo2bo$9bo2bobo2bo$6bo2b
ob2ob2obo2bo$7bobobobobobobo$8b2o2bobo2b2o$9bobo3bobo$10b2o3b2o$7b2o9b
2o$7b3o7b3o$7bobo7bobo$5b2o2bo7bo2b2o$5b2o13b2o$11bo3bo$6bo4bo3bo4bo$
6b2o3bo3bo3b2o$7bo2bo5bo2bo$7b3o7b3o$6bobo9bobo$6b2o11b2o$6bobo4bo4bob
o$6b2o4b3o4b2o$6b2o3bo3bo3b2o$5b3o4b3o4b3o$3b2o17b2o$2bo5b2o2bobo2b2o
5bo2$2bo2bob3ob2ob2ob3obo2bo$8b3o5b3o$10b3ob3o$5bo4b2obob2o4bo$11bo3bo
2$11b2ob2o!
It’s OK without the tail.
Edit:
Hopefully, this also?

Code: Select all

x=11,y=13,rule=B3/S23
.....ooo..$
o.........$
o..o.....o$
o..o.....o$
...o.....o$
.....ooo..$
........$
.....ooo$
...o.....o$
o..o.....o$
o..o.....o$
o.........$
.....ooo..!
Isn't this the wrong thread to talk about that?

Can someone create a variable rule for this? (Randomly found that in the Internet)
It's probably impossible.
Actually, yours and mine are all allowed here.How can a person’s head walk without it’s legs without help?
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k!!!
Mission: find a rule with 2-5ob,7-15d,3-5o ships and 4 sparky hp osc.
B2ikn35j6i/S23-a8
B2ck3ar4ac5e6c7/S1e2-an3ejnr4air5iy6c7c8

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Hunting » March 24th, 2020, 7:34 am

yujh wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 7:01 am
JP21 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 6:44 am
yujh wrote:
March 13th, 2020, 2:59 am
3c/7,please?

Code: Select all

snip
Isn't this the wrong thread to talk about that?

Can someone create a variable rule for this? (Randomly found that in the Internet)
It's probably impossible.
Actually, yours and mine are all allowed here.
...How? This is the rule request thread.
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

JP21
Posts: 1145
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: PH

Re: Rule request thread

Post by JP21 » March 24th, 2020, 7:44 am

Hunting wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 7:34 am
yujh wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 7:01 am
JP21 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 6:44 am
yujh wrote: blah blah blah


Isn't this the wrong thread to talk about that?

Can someone create a variable rule for this? (Randomly found that in the Internet)
It's probably impossible.
Actually, yours and mine are all allowed here.
...How? This is the rule request thread.
So that means that someone have to find a rule where those partials actually work???
drc wrote:
January 30th, 2016, 9:30 pm
This is a thread where you can request a rule to be made.

The rule I will request is the same as life but:
I get it now, he/you is/are telling someone else to create a rule. I got it now. (That was what I was originally thinking but only professionals can find rules where those things work)

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Hunting » March 24th, 2020, 7:46 am

JP21 wrote:
March 24th, 2020, 7:44 am
only professionals can find rules where those things work
Such INT rule doesn't exist - ruletables, likely, but you'll need other symmetries.
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

bubblegum
Posts: 290
Joined: August 25th, 2019, 11:59 pm
Location: click here to do nothing

Re: Rule request thread

Post by bubblegum » March 28th, 2020, 11:35 pm

Hunting wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 12:03 pm
I need an ExtendedLeapLife and LeapLifeStateInvestigator rule.
Do you still need it, given that it's March already?

Code: Select all

@RULE LeapLifeStateInvestigator

@TABLE
n_states:17
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:rotate4reflect

var aa={1,2,4,6,8,10,12,15,16}
var ab=aa
var ac=aa
var ad=aa
var ba={0,3,5,7,9,11,13}
var bb=ba
var bc=ba
var bd=ba
var be=ba
var bf=ba
var ca={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}
var cb=ca
var cc=ca
var cd=ca
var ce=ca
var cf=ca
var cg=ca
var ch=ca
var da={2,3,6,7,14,16}
var db={8,9,12,13,14}
var ea={1,2,4,6,8,10,12}
var eb=ea
var ec=ea

0,ba,1,bb,bc,bd,aa,be,bf,1
0,ba,1,bb,aa,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,aa,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,aa,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ab,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ba,1,aa,ab,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,ab,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,bb,aa,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,ba,1,aa,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1

0,ba,ea,bb,bc,bd,eb,be,bf,1
0,ba,ea,bb,eb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,eb,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,eb,bb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ec,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ba,ea,eb,ec,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,ec,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,bb,eb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,bb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ba,ea,eb,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1

0,db,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,1
0,ca,db,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,1

1,da,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,0
1,ca,da,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,0

1,ba,aa,bb,ab,bc,ca,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,ab,bb,ca,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,ca,be,1
1,aa,ab,ca,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,ba,aa,ab,ac,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ab,ba,ac,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,ac,bd,be,1
1,bf,aa,ba,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
1,ba,aa,ab,bb,ac,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ca,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1

1,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,0

6,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,7
7,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,6
10,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,11
11,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,10
12,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,13
13,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,12

@COLORS
0 0 0 0
1 0 204 255
2 255 0 255
3 255 0 0
4 255 255 255
5 112 112 112
6 255 79 123
7 128 40 62
8 95 255 95
9 0 168 70
10 255 170 0
11 255 123 0
12 221 143 255
13 162 0 255
14 208 255 0
15 97 181 255
16 0 102 255
Also, how bad are the colours? I didn't really like the original ones.
Each day is a hidden opportunity, a frozen waterfall that's waiting to be realised, and one that I'll probably be ignoring
bubblegum wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 8:33 pm
conwaylife signatures are amazing[citation needed]
part-time stator reducer

Hunting
Posts: 3467
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Hunting » March 28th, 2020, 11:46 pm

bubblegum wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 11:35 pm
Hunting wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 12:03 pm
I need an ExtendedLeapLife and LeapLifeStateInvestigator rule.
Do you still need it, given that it's March already?

Code: Select all

@RULE LeapLifeStateInvestigator

@TABLE
n_states:17
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:rotate4reflect

var aa={1,2,4,6,8,10,12,15,16}
var ab=aa
var ac=aa
var ad=aa
var ba={0,3,5,7,9,11,13}
var bb=ba
var bc=ba
var bd=ba
var be=ba
var bf=ba
var ca={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}
var cb=ca
var cc=ca
var cd=ca
var ce=ca
var cf=ca
var cg=ca
var ch=ca
var da={2,3,6,7,14,16}
var db={8,9,12,13,14}
var ea={1,2,4,6,8,10,12}
var eb=ea
var ec=ea

0,ba,1,bb,bc,bd,aa,be,bf,1
0,ba,1,bb,aa,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,aa,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,aa,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ab,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ba,1,aa,ab,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,ab,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,bb,aa,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,ba,1,aa,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1

0,ba,ea,bb,bc,bd,eb,be,bf,1
0,ba,ea,bb,eb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,eb,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,eb,bb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ec,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ba,ea,eb,ec,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,ec,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,bb,eb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,bb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ba,ea,eb,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1

0,db,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,1
0,ca,db,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,1

1,da,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,0
1,ca,da,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,0

1,ba,aa,bb,ab,bc,ca,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,ab,bb,ca,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,ca,be,1
1,aa,ab,ca,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,ba,aa,ab,ac,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ab,ba,ac,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,ac,bd,be,1
1,bf,aa,ba,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
1,ba,aa,ab,bb,ac,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ca,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1

1,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,0

6,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,7
7,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,6
10,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,11
11,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,10
12,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,13
13,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,12

@COLORS
0 0 0 0
1 0 204 255
2 255 0 255
3 255 0 0
4 255 255 255
5 112 112 112
6 255 79 123
7 128 40 62
8 95 255 95
9 0 168 70
10 255 170 0
11 255 123 0
12 221 143 255
13 162 0 255
14 208 255 0
15 97 181 255
16 0 102 255
Also, how bad are the colours? I didn't really like the original ones.
Nope, I already have it.
MLP: Multi-Layer Perceptron

Also, you just lost the game.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 1449
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: China

Re: Rule request thread

Post by yujh » March 29th, 2020, 12:44 am

bubblegum wrote:
March 28th, 2020, 11:35 pm
Hunting wrote:
February 5th, 2020, 12:03 pm
I need an ExtendedLeapLife and LeapLifeStateInvestigator rule.
Do you still need it, given that it's March already?

Code: Select all

@RULE LeapLifeStateInvestigator

@TABLE
n_states:17
neighborhood:Moore
symmetries:rotate4reflect

var aa={1,2,4,6,8,10,12,15,16}
var ab=aa
var ac=aa
var ad=aa
var ba={0,3,5,7,9,11,13}
var bb=ba
var bc=ba
var bd=ba
var be=ba
var bf=ba
var ca={0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16}
var cb=ca
var cc=ca
var cd=ca
var ce=ca
var cf=ca
var cg=ca
var ch=ca
var da={2,3,6,7,14,16}
var db={8,9,12,13,14}
var ea={1,2,4,6,8,10,12}
var eb=ea
var ec=ea

0,ba,1,bb,bc,bd,aa,be,bf,1
0,ba,1,bb,aa,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,aa,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,aa,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ab,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ba,1,aa,ab,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,ab,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,ba,bb,aa,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
0,ba,1,aa,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1
0,1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1

0,ba,ea,bb,bc,bd,eb,be,bf,1
0,ba,ea,bb,eb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,eb,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,eb,bb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ec,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ba,ea,eb,ec,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,ec,bb,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,ba,bb,eb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,bb,bc,ec,bd,be,1
0,ba,ea,eb,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1
0,ea,eb,ba,bb,ec,bc,bd,be,1

0,db,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,1
0,ca,db,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,1

1,da,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,0
1,ca,da,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,0

1,ba,aa,bb,ab,bc,ca,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,ab,bb,ca,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,ca,be,1
1,aa,ab,ca,ba,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,ba,aa,ab,ac,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ab,ba,ac,bb,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ba,bb,ab,bc,ac,bd,be,1
1,bf,aa,ba,bb,bc,ab,bd,be,1
1,ba,aa,ab,bb,ac,bc,bd,be,1
1,aa,ca,ba,bb,ab,bc,bd,be,1

1,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,0

6,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,7
7,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,6
10,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,11
11,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,10
12,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,13
13,ca,cb,cc,cd,ce,cf,cg,ch,12

@COLORS
0 0 0 0
1 0 204 255
2 255 0 255
3 255 0 0
4 255 255 255
5 112 112 112
6 255 79 123
7 128 40 62
8 95 255 95
9 0 168 70
10 255 170 0
11 255 123 0
12 221 143 255
13 162 0 255
14 208 255 0
15 97 181 255
16 0 102 255
Also, how bad are the colours? I didn't really like the original ones.
Sorry for requesting so much time, can anyone make a state investigator rule for B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k? :roll:
B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k!!!
Mission: find a rule with 2-5ob,7-15d,3-5o ships and 4 sparky hp osc.
B2ikn35j6i/S23-a8
B2ck3ar4ac5e6c7/S1e2-an3ejnr4air5iy6c7c8

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 3569
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Moosey » March 30th, 2020, 7:23 pm

Can someone make a CA rule which computes expressions in BEAF
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

Nanho walåt derwo esaato?

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 3569
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Moosey » April 7th, 2020, 8:44 am

Okay, so this isn't a request for a ruletable, but does anyone know of a nonisotropic rule with a "rotating" spaceship besides the trivial example of a dot?
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

Nanho walåt derwo esaato?

User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3554
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X
Contact:

Re: Rule request thread

Post by Saka » April 7th, 2020, 8:53 am

Moosey wrote:
April 7th, 2020, 8:44 am
Okay, so this isn't a request for a ruletable, but does anyone know of a nonisotropic rule with a "rotating" spaceship besides the trivial example of a dot?
I dont know of any non-isotropic, but this kinda fits?

Code: Select all

x = 4, y = 3, rule = B3aijqr4cjrt5acy6an/S1c2-c3-acy4acer5ack6en7e
bo$3o$ob2o!
(original post)
Or does it have to be "exact"?

Code: Select all

o3b2ob2obo3b2o2b2o$bo3b2obob3o3bo2bo$2bo2b3o5b3ob4o$3o3bo2bo2b3o3b3o$
4bo4bobo4bo$2o2b2o2b4obo2bo3bo$2ob4o3bo2bo2bo2bo$b2o3bobob2o$3bobobo5b
obobobo$3bobobob2o3bo2bobo!
(Check gen 3)
Add your computer to the Table of Lifeenthusiast Computers!

Post Reply