Diamonds And Spaceships Rule

For discussion of other cellular automata.
Hunting

Re: Diamonds And Spaceships Rule

Post by Hunting » February 26th, 2020, 6:16 am

JP21 wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 6:05 am
Hunting wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 2:24 am
Hdjensofjfnen wrote:
February 26th, 2020, 2:21 am

None of us were any better when we first discovered the magic of Life.
(I feel like standing on the opposite of a lot of people.)

Well Moosey and zdr is any better. (This contradicts myself though...)

When I was introduced to the Game of Life, I immediately tried enumerate all ponyominos and ponyplets.
Why do you have to mention something about MLP? They might find out. "ponyominos and ponyplets."

I don't hate people that does battles for fun, I'm just pointing it out because it isn't really the point of Cellular Automaton.
You guys seems to like being off-topic while I just reply because you guys are talking about it.
Okay okay I will stop it. I do hate him though. I mentioned MLP just because I love it.
MLP will live on forever, so does John Horton Conway.
Moosey wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 7:51 pm
“New knightship tagalong!”
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

I could make a rule in ten seconds flat

YakForger

Post by YakForger » February 27th, 2020, 2:17 am

Don't worry, I'm slowly picking up the mechanics and patterns that are at work, right now I'm just watching and being mesmerised by what happens, but I plan on digging deeper to see if I can come up with interesting patterns and units by myself later on.

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » April 5th, 2020, 4:09 pm

I am not sure,but I think thst this rule has some potential to be Turing machine. Why?Because many patterns are pseudo - replicating(replicating in an odd way and often with creating more material. Vital spaceships,as I call it(because if they survive the beginning,they probably will nevet die,also they if left alone,they can make the whole world) are the main and most observable objects. I also often see spaceships destroying some other ones with a plan. I am peaceful and I do not use names that my friend use. I am also the author,so all the credits come to me.
What do you think?
Have a good day!

BokaBB

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » April 5th, 2020, 11:48 pm

BokaBB wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 4:09 pm
I am not sure,but I think thst this rule has some potential to be Turing machine. ...
BokaBB
Check this post for ideas on how to engineer Turing machines. Ocassionally arising random patterns do not suffice for the purpose.
Glimmering Garden是怎么回事呢?各向同性非总和性细胞自动机相信大家都很熟悉,但是Glimmering Garden是怎么回事呢,下面就让GUYTU6J带大家一起了解吧。
---
Someone please find a use for this:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
6bo$6bobo$5bo2bo$b2o3b2o$o2bo$bobo$2bo!

Hunting

Post by Hunting » April 6th, 2020, 1:02 am

BokaBB wrote:
April 5th, 2020, 4:09 pm
I am not sure,but I think thst this rule has some potential to be Turing machine. Why?Because many patterns are pseudo - replicating(replicating in an odd way and often with creating more material. Vital spaceships,as I call it(because if they survive the beginning,they probably will nevet die,also they if left alone,they can make the whole world) are the main and most observable objects. I also often see spaceships destroying some other ones with a plan. I am peaceful and I do not use names that my friend use. I am also the author,so all the credits come to me.
What do you think?
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Sorry for cluttering this thread with arguments. Unlike other "good" people in this forum, I'm not that kind, so sorry if I'm being rude.

Firstly, it might be fun to think of, but as spaceships follow simple rules in Cellular Automata, I don't think they really have "plans". On the other hand, self-organizing behaviour are still interesting behaviour. It implies that small seeds can create complex structures. I assume that your rule happens to be sort of interesting.

Secondly, I can explain why are your spaceships invincible. This is a 15-states Generations rule. The spaceship head travels at lightspeed, and its tail is all state 2-15, which is not interactable.

Last but not least. To construct a Turing Machine, you'll usually need signals (in this case, spaceships) and stable objects, and they interact to form signal splitters and ANDNOT gate. I haven't try to run spaceships into oscillators in this rule yet, but the excessive state number may make it harder.

Also, do you mean something like this by "pseudo-replicating"?

x = 12, y = 11, rule = B3-ckq/S2-c34ci
3$4b3o$4bobo$4bobo$8bo$8bo$8bo!
Moosey wrote:
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » April 6th, 2020, 7:27 am

When I say pseudo - replicating,I at first think about spaceships that replicate and also create some other object(in this case spaceship). After that they will stop because their parent and son spaceships will protect them from more replicating. Also,vital spaceships are very common and organized and often pseudo - replicate some of their parts.
Have a good day!

Boka B

Hunting

Post by Hunting » April 6th, 2020, 7:45 am

BokaBB wrote:
April 6th, 2020, 7:27 am
When I say pseudo - replicating,I at first think about spaceships that replicate and also create some other object(in this case spaceship). After that they will stop because their parent and son spaceships will protect them from more replicating. Also,vital spaceships are very common and organized and often pseudo - replicate some of their parts.
Have a good day!

Boka B
Ohhhh, then you mean something like:

x = 3, y = 3, rule = B34w/S23
3o$obo$3o!
Also, there's no such thing called "replicating spaceships", right? If they are spaceships, by definition, they moves without leaving ash behind.
Moosey wrote:
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » April 6th, 2020, 7:59 am

Okay,but when stabilize,they move like normal spaceships.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

Hunting

Post by Hunting » April 6th, 2020, 8:08 am

Now this is hardly an improvement on Turing Machine building, but at least it demonstrates that circuits can be made.

x = 55, y = 10, rule = 34578/257/16
26.BA$26.BA2$51.HICB$51.F2A$51.K2AK$IJDC19.IJDC14.HICB6.JBDJ$G3A19.G
3A14.F2A$L2AL19.L2AL14.K2AK$KCEK19.KCEK14.JBDJ!
I prefer oscillators because they have flames that can catalyze reactions and protect themselves from being destroyed. Can someone try still lives?
Moosey wrote:
“Quick, hide it!”
My TODO list