Introductions

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
shown

Re: Introductions

Post by shown » April 17th, 2021, 3:55 am

Hello everyone my name is shown and I am newbie here and I am also glad to meet you all and I think there is lot of things to learn and have fun. :)
Best regards
Shown
GBWhatsApp Apk

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » April 17th, 2021, 6:09 am

shown wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 3:55 am
Hello everyone my name is shown and I am newbie here and I am also glad to meet you all and I think there is lot of things to learn and have fun. :)
Welcome to the academic forums (in case you are a normal person)! Sorry for any possible offence, but a new user who necroposted about an external CA-unrelated software (regardless of whether someone else has mentioned it or not) like in the following quotation will be suspected to be an advertising spam account and result in some work on moderator's side. So don't do this!
shown wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 4:01 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 2:16 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 2:14 pm
I don't know how.
You can compare the first two pictures and deduct.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Just look up how to use WhatsApp web.
Web WhatsApp is very easy to use
All you have to do is open your computer laptop, then go to Google and search for Web WhatsApp, then open it by clicking on WhatsApp's official Web site.

Then you have to scan the QR code from your mobile or tablet from which you are using WhatsApp.

And then you'll be able to use WhatsApp on the computer :D
Moderators, please keep this post as a lesson for future newcomers. (I'm not spamming!)
Lifequote:
In the drama The Peony Pavilion, Tang Xianzu wrote: 原来姹紫嫣红开遍,似这般都付与断井颓垣。
(Here multiflorate splendour blooms forlorn
Midst broken fountains, mouldering walls.)
I'm afraid there's arrival but no departure.
Chinese people, enjoy your 🥩🥚🥛 and 🐟!

shown

Post by shown » April 18th, 2021, 2:15 am

GUYTU6J wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 6:09 am
shown wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 3:55 am
Welcome to the academic forums (in case you are a normal person)! Sorry for any possible offence, but a new user who necroposted about an external CA-unrelated software (regardless of whether someone else has mentioned it or not) like in the following quotation will be suspected to be an advertising spam account and result in some work on moderator's side. So don't do this!
shown wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 4:01 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Just look up how to use WhatsApp web.
Web WhatsApp is very easy to use
All you have to do is open your computer laptop, then go to Google and search for Web WhatsApp, then open it by clicking on WhatsApp's official Web site.

Then you have to scan the QR code from your mobile or tablet from which you are using WhatsApp.

And then you'll be able to use WhatsApp on the computer :D
Moderators, please keep this post as a lesson for future newcomers. (I'm not spamming!)
Thank you for welcoming me to this forum

And from now on, I will make sure that this does not happen again.
Best regards
Shown
GBWhatsApp Apk

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » April 18th, 2021, 3:56 am

shown wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 2:15 am
Okay. Now let's get familiar with cellular automata, the central topic in these forums, starting from a LifeWiki tutorials system. Feel free to ask questions (if answers cannot be found easily) in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2036
Lifequote:

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » April 20th, 2021, 3:40 am

shown wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 2:15 am

So you should be aware that advertising the exactly same thing in signature is equally unacceptable.
georgemarhsal wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 1:00 am
I [am] new on this forum. Anyone guide me plz
See my above post if you are a normal person.
Lifequote:

Felixor

Post by Felixor » April 27th, 2021, 6:56 am

Hello everyone! I decided to join this forum because some Anon from /sci/ and I discovered a new (at least I think it is) and very interesting cellular automaton which we called Xor-life, and I hope that I will have enough time in the next couple of days to give a detailed report on this. We are fairly sure that it is good enough to be considered a class 4 automaton like B3S23 as many things similar to it are possible, but so far we only scratched the surface. I'm excited to present this.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Jone Warne

Post by Jone Warne » May 12th, 2021, 5:36 pm

Felixor wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 6:56 am
Hello everyone! I decided to join this forum because some Anon from /sci/ and I discovered a new (at least I think it is) and very interesting cellular automaton which we called Xor-life, and I hope that I will have enough time in the next couple of days to give a detailed report on this. We are fairly sure that it is good enough to be considered a class 4 automaton like B3S23 as many things similar to it are possible, but so far we only scratched the surface. I'm excited to present this.

Thanks for sharing this.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » May 12th, 2021, 9:00 pm

Jone Warne wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 5:36 pm
Felixor wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 6:56 am

Thanks for sharing this.
Hello, Jone Warne! "Thanks for sharing this" is the kind of thing that bots very routinely say when they're preparing to establish their credentials and then start advertising real estate in Thailand. We have nothing against Thailand real estate, but it's very much off topic for these forums.

So... please respond here with some introductory details that we can reliably identify as coming from a human interested in cellular automata, not a bot interested in random advertising. After a day or three, if you are unable to pass the Turing Test, I'll delete these two messages and put a permanent ban on the "Jone Warne" account.

cgoler2

Post by cgoler2 » May 12th, 2021, 9:05 pm

I think he probably is a spambot, since he was last active 2 minutes after he joined.

Conway-gamer

Post by Conway-gamer » May 25th, 2021, 1:57 pm

hello i am conway-gamer and i like cgol (conway's game of life in acronym form) and i came to this forum because why not?

Conway-gamer

Post by Conway-gamer » May 25th, 2021, 2:02 pm

cgoler2 wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 9:05 pm
I think he probably is a spambot, since he was last active 2 minutes after he joined.
ye ye ye

Conway-gamer

Re: introduction

Post by Conway-gamer » May 25th, 2021, 2:06 pm

NotAvailableCooper wrote:
August 10th, 2014, 9:24 pm
Hi! I'm a guy who's been playing around with GoL for 5 years and is particularly fascinated with methuselahs. I'm no expert, but I know enough to have made a video series on the basics on YouTube.
i like methuselahs too and is especially interested in them

Conway-gamer

Re: introduction

Post by Conway-gamer » May 25th, 2021, 2:08 pm

Nathaniel wrote:
March 19th, 2016, 7:14 am
Well, since we have a forum for this type of stuff now, I might as well throw my hat in the ring:

My name's Nathan Johnston, and I became interested in Life back in high school (2001 or 2002) when it was given as an assignment in a computer programming course. I started this website during my PhD, and I'm now a math professor at a small university in eastern Canada.

I have a wife and a daughter, and I enjoy video games in my free time.
ok

cgoler2

Post by cgoler2 » May 25th, 2021, 2:08 pm

cgoler2 wrote:
May 12th, 2021, 9:05 pm
He is Jone Warne.