Introductions

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
shown

Re: Introductions

Post by shown » April 17th, 2021, 3:55 am

Hello everyone my name is shown and I am newbie here and I am also glad to meet you all and I think there is lot of things to learn and have fun. :)
Best regards
Shown
GBWhatsApp Apk

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » April 17th, 2021, 6:09 am

shown wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 3:55 am
Hello everyone my name is shown and I am newbie here and I am also glad to meet you all and I think there is lot of things to learn and have fun. :)
Welcome to the academic forums (in case you are a normal person)! Sorry for any possible offence, but a new user who necroposted about an external CA-unrelated software (regardless of whether someone else has mentioned it or not) like in the following quotation will be suspected to be an advertising spam account and result in some work on moderator's side. So don't do this!
shown wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 4:01 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 2:16 pm
BokaBB wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 2:14 pm
I don't know how.
You can compare the first two pictures and deduct.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
Just look up how to use WhatsApp web.
Web WhatsApp is very easy to use
All you have to do is open your computer laptop, then go to Google and search for Web WhatsApp, then open it by clicking on WhatsApp's official Web site.

Then you have to scan the QR code from your mobile or tablet from which you are using WhatsApp.

And then you'll be able to use WhatsApp on the computer :D
Moderators, please keep this post as a lesson for future newcomers. (I'm not spamming!)
Best wishes to our brave taikonauts on Shenzhou 13!

熠熠种花 - Glimmering Garden

China - The Atomic Era

●━━━━━━━━────── 03:19
⇆ㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤ↻

shown

Post by shown » April 18th, 2021, 2:15 am

GUYTU6J wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 6:09 am
shown wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 3:55 am
Welcome to the academic forums (in case you are a normal person)! Sorry for any possible offence, but a new user who necroposted about an external CA-unrelated software (regardless of whether someone else has mentioned it or not) like in the following quotation will be suspected to be an advertising spam account and result in some work on moderator's side. So don't do this!
shown wrote:
April 17th, 2021, 4:01 am
Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
November 7th, 2020, 2:16 pm

Just look up how to use WhatsApp web.
Web WhatsApp is very easy to use
All you have to do is open your computer laptop, then go to Google and search for Web WhatsApp, then open it by clicking on WhatsApp's official Web site.

Then you have to scan the QR code from your mobile or tablet from which you are using WhatsApp.

And then you'll be able to use WhatsApp on the computer :D
Moderators, please keep this post as a lesson for future newcomers. (I'm not spamming!)
Thank you for welcoming me to this forum

And from now on, I will make sure that this does not happen again.
Best regards
Shown
GBWhatsApp Apk

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » April 18th, 2021, 3:56 am

shown wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 2:15 am
Okay. Now let's get familiar with cellular automata, the central topic in these forums, starting from a LifeWiki tutorials system. Feel free to ask questions (if answers cannot be found easily) in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2036

熠熠种花 - Glimmering Garden

China - The Atomic Era

⇆ㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤ↻

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » April 20th, 2021, 3:40 am

shown wrote:
April 18th, 2021, 2:15 am

So you should be aware that advertising the exactly same thing in signature is equally unacceptable.
georgemarhsal wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 1:00 am
I [am] new on this forum. Anyone guide me plz
See my above post if you are a normal person.

熠熠种花 - Glimmering Garden

China - The Atomic Era

⇆ㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤ↻

Felixor

Post by Felixor » April 27th, 2021, 6:56 am

Hello everyone! I decided to join this forum because some Anon from /sci/ and I discovered a new (at least I think it is) and very interesting cellular automaton which we called Xor-life, and I hope that I will have enough time in the next couple of days to give a detailed report on this. We are fairly sure that it is good enough to be considered a class 4 automaton like B3S23 as many things similar to it are possible, but so far we only scratched the surface. I'm excited to present this.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Conway-gamer

Post by Conway-gamer » May 25th, 2021, 1:57 pm

hello i am conway-gamer and i like cgol (conway's game of life in acronym form) and i came to this forum because why not?

Conway-gamer

Re: introduction

Post by Conway-gamer » May 25th, 2021, 2:06 pm

NotAvailableCooper wrote:
August 10th, 2014, 9:24 pm
Hi! I'm a guy who's been playing around with GoL for 5 years and is particularly fascinated with methuselahs. I'm no expert, but I know enough to have made a video series on the basics on YouTube.
i like methuselahs too and is especially interested in them

Dicuo

Post by Dicuo » August 2nd, 2021, 4:34 am

Hello! I'm Dicuo. I am a 13 year old that got interested in CA and created this account so i could post a few rules i created. :)

Ohhhhhhhhh

Post by Ohhhhhhhhh » August 19th, 2021, 6:14 am

Ohhhhhhhhh I'M INNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Hello.
I'm someone.
My name is Ohhhhhhhhh(1'O' and 9'h')
I'M NEW and I'm Chinese.
I've been reading most of your posts and very happy to register here.
www.conwaylife.com/forums
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

nicolasstag

Hello!

Post by nicolasstag » August 29th, 2021, 10:27 pm

Greetings!

I am a computer-science undergrad from the US. I really like mathematics (at the moment, anyway), astronomy/astrophysics, Star Trek (I am attempting to learn Klingon at the moment, only time will tell if I will stick with it. Also, I prefer the older Star Trek to the newer iterations to a very large degree), and a bunch of other miscellaneous and sometimes somewhat obscure interests. I came across Conway's Game of Life moderately recently and I have been mildly obsessed with it. When I found out that it was Turing-complete I was floored. It has been eating up a fair bit of my free time (granted, I do not have much).

I was searching the internet for various facts and configurations of the game, and I stumbled across this website/forum/wiki, and it felt like I had struck gold. I am extensively excited that I found this place. I will most likely just be lurking, considering this is an academic forum and I lack knowledge, but I made an account just in case -- figured I would introduce myself.

I look forward to perusing these forums :)

Nicolas

burair76

New on the forum!

Post by burair76 » September 7th, 2021, 4:20 am

Hello Everyone! I am new on this forum. It's my first post.

Sokwe

Re: New on the forum!

Post by Sokwe » September 7th, 2021, 5:17 am

burair76 wrote:
September 7th, 2021, 4:20 am
Hello Everyone! I am new on this forum. It's my first post.
Welcome to the forums! I moved your post to our dedicated introductions thread.
-Matthias Merzenich

burair76

Post by burair76 » September 7th, 2021, 10:31 am

Oh! Thanks for moving it at the right place. I was just searching for introduction category before posting, but I really don't find it on the forum. Thank you!

Tropylium

Post by Tropylium » September 23rd, 2021, 8:31 am

Hi again, and hello to the plethora of new users too, I've been gone for several years but I might be dropping by every now and then again. I'm a casual Life enthusiast since the 90s and maybe the most interested in things like pattern classification or CA rule typology. I also might be one of the few older-than-college-student people in the scene who's not working in STEM (which is a recent development actually).

erictom333

Post by erictom333 » October 12th, 2021, 4:21 am

Hello! I exist. I've been lurking on here for a while, before Golly for iPad supported non-totalistic rules.

Ponytale

Post by Ponytale » October 14th, 2021, 11:01 pm

Hello!

I am a programmer from Russia, enjoying math, physics, byology, etc. natural sciences. Being well-awared of the Conway's Game of Life in the past, recently I investigated a "just-for-fun" pet-project with the idea to make cool visual effects screensaver or smth. Well, I came to the idea of multi-colors B3/S23 Moore neighborhood Game (not a big deal :) ), but with one additional stohastic rule. The main efforts were made to have a population, which will neither grow too fast, neither end in still patterns. I think I succedeed in that.

Also, while reading all the new recent investigations in the Game of Life, I was surprised at how deep and interesting the whole subject actually is, so I am happy to greet all of you and join this community :).

And also I found, I think - some interesting properties of my stohastic variant of Game's rules. I am not sure if I am the first to find it - anyway, it will be cool to discuss. I made a Windows program, which is primarily intended to make some nice graphics show, but can be used to investigate the new rules.

I will be thankeful, if someone will help me to make a topic in the right section of the forum, any other advices will be appreciated too.

Thank you very much for your attention :)

GUYTU6J

Post by GUYTU6J » October 15th, 2021, 1:27 am

Welcome to the forums! (We're having quite a number of newcomers recently :) )
Ponytale wrote:
October 14th, 2021, 11:01 pm
...Well, I came to the idea of multi-colors B3/S23 Moore neighborhood Game (not a big deal :) ), but with one additional sto[c]hastic rule. The main efforts were made to have a population, which will neither grow too fast, neither end in still patterns. I think I succedeed in that.
And also I found, I think - some interesting properties of my sto[c]hastic variant of Game's rules. I am not sure if I am the first to find it - anyway, it will be cool to discuss. I made a Windows program, which is primarily intended to make some nice graphics show, but can be used to investigate the new rules.

I will be thankeful, if someone will help me to make a topic in the right section of the forum, any other advices will be appreciated too.
This will be suitable for the Other Cellular Automata board, and the "new topic" buttom is just below the title.

熠熠种花 - Glimmering Garden

China - The Atomic Era

⇆ㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤ↻