Gustavo Ramos Rehermann's patterns

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
pzq_alex

Re: Gustavo Ramos Rehermann's patterns

Post by pzq_alex » July 12th, 2021, 4:27 am

Gustavo6046 wrote:
August 14th, 2016, 9:26 pm
Being my thread low-traffic I'd like to point out a new possible glider-converting arrangement if the red dot that forms upon the glider's contact can be transformed into anything useful:

Code: Select all

x = 10, y = 11, rule = LifeHistory
E7.E$3E4.E$3.E3.3E$2.E.C$2.2E$5.D$2.4E$2.E3.E$3.3E$.E.E$.2E!
I have also found several other similiar interactions where only a single dot arises after a glider contact; and the catalog is here:

x = 64, y = 11, rule = LifeHistory
E7.E9.E7.E8.E7.E10.E7.E$3E4.E10.3E4.E9.3E4.E11.3E4.E$3.E3.3E11.E3.3E
10.E3.3E12.E3.3E$2.E.C15.E.C14.E.C16.E.C$2.2E16.2E15.2E18.E$5.D$2.4E
14.4ED12.4ED13.5ED$2.E3.E13.E3.E12.E3.E13.E3.E$3.3E17.2E13.3E.E13.E$.
E.E36.E.E12.2E$.2E38.E!
It's still growing; so the full one is still Coming Soon™.
[off-topic] Please use code tags instead of viewer tags. [/off-topic]

Do you know what is dr?
\sum_{n=1}^\infty H_n/n^2 = \zeta(3)

How much of current CA technology can I redevelop "on a desert island"?

mniemiec

Post by mniemiec » July 12th, 2021, 5:08 am

Gustavo6046 wrote:
August 14th, 2016, 9:26 pm
pzq_alex wrote:
July 12th, 2021, 4:27 am
[off-topic] Please use code tags instead of viewer tags. [/off-topic]
Do you know what is dr?
I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but this particular page has been inactive for almost 5 years.

DR is Dean Hickerson's Drifter-searcher program, which has often been used to find billiard table oscillators with high period rotors. https://conwaylife.com/wiki/Drifter

Moosey

Post by Moosey » July 12th, 2021, 8:29 pm

Now that this thread has been bumped I want to congratulate it for being one of the most hilarious threads of all time on this forum. This is a kind of unproductive post I usually regret making but in this case it was irresistible.

And to get a word in before it gets locked, which should probably be done I guess.
not active here but active on discord

Gustavo6046

Post by Gustavo6046 » July 19th, 2021, 3:32 pm

Wow. This was a long time ago. I was pretty naive, and honestly fairly immature, back then, lol.

I had forgotten this existed, and honestly half of me wish it stood that way. But yeah, reading back on all of this is hilarious, and honestly it harkens back to a different time. Everything was simpler and I actually enjoyed my hobbies more.

Every now and then, I still like to install Golly when I don't have it on my computer, like when I switch to another Linux distro, even though I don't even use it all that much anymore. It brings back memories. Perhaps those on the forums weren't the fondest, but reading back on them is definitely a wild ride nonetheless :)
*yawn* What a nothing-to-do day! Let's be the only person in the world to do CGOL during boring times. :)

MathAndCode

Post by MathAndCode » July 19th, 2021, 3:57 pm

Gustavo6046 wrote:
July 19th, 2021, 3:32 pm
Wow. This was a long time ago. I was pretty naive, and honestly fairly immature, back then, lol.
I understand. When I was first starting to look for conduits (around October 2020), I didn't really know what I was doing, so I posted (arguably spammed) a bunch of partials with (sometimes multiple) sacrificial-but-I-thought-that-they-could-be-made-transparent-much-more-easily-than-they-actually-could objects, unconnectable inputs, (inclusive) or unconnectable outputs, and I'd probably be embarrassed if I could somehow see someone else in this community go through my old posts in the threads for Herschel conduits and elementary conduits. However, I listened to others, learned, and became more constructive, so I believe that you can do the same (and based on your first paragraph, I think that you've already done over half of that). I don't even think that you were as nonconstructive as you might think that you were; for example, I recall a user (I think wwei23) looking for your catalyst guide a while back because it was helpful. Since you are more mature now and have experience, I would like you to stay because I expect that you would make genuine contributions, but I understand that it's your choice.
I am tentatively considering myself back.

HotWheels9232
Location: Help! I got dragged away into the middle of nowhere by a LWSS which suddenly launched from a soup

Post by HotWheels9232 » May 29th, 2022, 5:14 pm

Sphenocorona wrote:
February 2nd, 2015, 7:42 pm
The 'short table' you posted cannot be used as an induction coil, as one of its cells would die from overpopulation. If it could be, then all patterns with buns or bookends as induction coils could be madee smaller.

Also, I would refrain from adding every single new discovery to LifeWiki, as the point of LifeWiki is to document important or otherwise unique objects. Usually, pages should be made when the object has been confirmed to be new on the forums and has a unique property such as smallest known ____ or first known ____ or such. (Some unique and interesting patterns are unfortunately undocumented as of yet; I would definetly be for adding these pages with provisional systematic notation to eliminate redlinks in the wiki.)
Some can be made smaller using snake
My rules:
B34q/S23-k(ObliquePufferLife) and
B2n3-n4c5c/S234cz5cPM me to get some help on making rules!

x = 8, y = 5, rule = B3-k/S23
2o3b2o$obo2bobo$2bo2bo$bo$b2o!