- A puzzle will be posted, based entirely on Cellular Automata, clear and well-presented so that the intended result is understood clearly (i.e. no parallel-thinking loopholes)
- The first person to solve the puzzle, ideally posting the solution, gets to post the next puzzle
- Ideally, the puzzle should be one that allows the solution to be seen as correct by anyone and not just by the OP
- If a particular puzzle does allow the use of scripts, it must be clearly stated in bold for that individual puzzle
- At least one solution should be known by the OP, and it should not require an absurd amount of time (so no "find the 1024x1024 soup that results in this ridiculously huge mess"!)
Scripts are not allowed for this puzzle.
Remove a single glider from the following pattern in a way that the final population is 0.
Code: Select all
x = 114, y = 132, rule = B3/S23 bo$2bo$3o3$4bo$5bo$3b3o3$27bo$28bo$26b3o3$36bo$37bo$35b3o3$88bo$88bobo 6bo$88b2o6bo$96b3o2$50bo$51bo$49b3o3$55bo$56bo36bo$54b3o36bobo$93b2o2$ 70bo12bo$70bobo10bobo$70b2o11b2o2$65bo$65bobo$48bo11bo4b2o$49bo10bobo$ 47b3o10b2o3$46bo$47b2o$46b2o9$74b3o$74bo$42b2o31bo$41bobo$43bo$78b3o$ 78bo$79bo2$32b2o$31bobo54b3o$33bo54bo$89bo3$90b3o$90bo$91bo3$91b3o$91b o$37b2o53bo$36bobo$38bo3$92b3o$92bo$93bo4$25b2o$26b2o$25bo3$20b2o$21b 2o$20bo3$16b3o$18bo$17bo$106b2o$106bobo$15b2o89bo$16b2o83b2o$10bo4bo 84b2o$10b2o90bo$9bobo2$17b3o$19bo$18bo3$14b2o$13bobo$15bo3$8b3o$10bo$ 9bo3$9b3o$11bo$10bo$111b2o$111bobo$111bo!