Cellular Automaton Ideas

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
drc

Cellular Automaton Ideas

Post by drc » September 30th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Post your ideas for CA things.

- A site that you put a pattern into and it checks several databases via a script of some sort, and sees if it finds an object, if it doesn't it reports 'may be new', if it does it tells you where it found said object.

Apple Bottom

Re: Cellular Automaton Ideas

Post by Apple Bottom » September 30th, 2017, 6:39 pm

drc wrote:- A site that you put a pattern into and it checks several databases via a script of some sort, and sees if it finds an object, if it doesn't it reports 'may be new', if it does it tells you where it found said object.
That's part of what I'm trying to accomplish with the Catagolue browser extension, sorta-- though it's woefully incomplete and primitive right now. Patches welcome, of course!
If you speak, your speech must be better than your silence would have been. — Arabian proverb

Catagolue: Apple Bottom • Life Wiki: Apple Bottom • Twitter: @_AppleBottom_

Proud member of the Pattern Raiders!

Saka

Re: Cellular Automaton Ideas

Post by Saka » September 30th, 2017, 7:44 pm

I'm going to make an "Apply Details" script for Golly, which takes a pattern and then adds things like "Discovered by XXXXX, 31 February 2020" and uses some oscar to put things like "(19,1)c/20 spaceship in a non-totalistic rule." in the comments. Not sure how to do the comments part tho, maybe I'll just copy to clipboard.