Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Post Reply
User avatar
LuxiusGOL
Posts: 111
Joined: April 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Location: Giakteda, HKD, Tesana

Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by LuxiusGOL » May 27th, 2020, 4:00 pm

I know this is similar to the "slowest 1-cell spaceship" topic, but I am just curious about what the slowest one is.
big texts is funny

User avatar
blah
Posts: 290
Joined: April 9th, 2016, 7:22 pm

Re: Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by blah » May 27th, 2020, 4:08 pm

Well, CGoL is a MAP rule. Take Gemini, and move the two parts arbitrarily far away, to make it arbitrarily slow.

That's probably not in the spirit of the question, but I'm not sure what is.
succ

User avatar
LuxiusGOL
Posts: 111
Joined: April 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Location: Giakteda, HKD, Tesana

Re: Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by LuxiusGOL » May 27th, 2020, 5:53 pm

There are 13,​407,​807,​929,​942,​597,​099,​574,​024,​998,​205,​846,​127,​479,​365,​820,​592,​393,​377,​723,​561,​443,​721,​764,​030,​073,​546,​976,​801,​874,​298,​166,​903,​427,​690,​031,​858,​186,​486,​050,​853,​753,​882,​811,​946,​569,​946,​433,​649,​006,​084,​096 MAP rules. That number is huge compared to the 262,144 regular rules
big texts is funny

User avatar
PkmnQ
Posts: 1092
Joined: September 24th, 2018, 6:35 am
Location: Server antipode

Re: Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by PkmnQ » May 28th, 2020, 3:38 am

Is there anything wrong with:

Code: Select all

...
.o.
...

Code: Select all

.oo
.o.
...

Code: Select all

...
..o
...
How to XSS:

Code: Select all

Function(‘a’+’lert(1)’)()

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4022
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by Moosey » May 28th, 2020, 9:23 am

PkmnQ wrote:
May 28th, 2020, 3:38 am
Is there anything wrong with:

Code: Select all

...
.o.
...

Code: Select all

.oo
.o.
...

Code: Select all

...
..o
...
Yes, the top-right cell would cause another birth further in the direction
Blah has much slower 1-cell SSes though.
LuxiusGOL wrote:
May 27th, 2020, 5:53 pm
There are 13,​407,​807,​929,​942,​597,​099,​574,​024,​998,​205,​846,​127,​479,​365,​820,​592,​393,​377,​723,​561,​443,​721,​764,​030,​073,​546,​976,​801,​874,​298,​166,​903,​427,​690,​031,​858,​186,​486,​050,​853,​753,​882,​811,​946,​569,​946,​433,​649,​006,​084,​096 MAP rules. That number is huge compared to the 262,144 regular rules
Doesn't matter though because the existence of arbitrarily slow spaceships necessarily means there is no slowest spaceship across map rules.
My CA rules can be found here

Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"
Nanho walåt derwo esaato?

leaplife advertising bad!

Hunting
Posts: 4139
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by Hunting » May 29th, 2020, 11:58 pm

What's the slowest one in a non-isotropic 2-state rule, though? CGoL is isotropic.
she/her

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

Carrots salad basketball vehicles.

User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3614
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by Saka » May 30th, 2020, 12:07 am

Hunting wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 11:58 pm
What's the slowest one in a non-isotropic 2-state rule, though? CGoL is isotropic.
That's still quite easy, take an adjustable ship rule, say this (src: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3081#p54706):

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 39, rule = B2c3aejr4ijr5i7e/S12-en3einr4eijt5ry6e7e8
6bo$2bo4bo$o2b6o$b2o4bo$6bo3$7bo$2bo6bo$o2b7o$b2o6bo$7bo4$2bo7bo$o2b8o
$b2o7bo5$2bo8bo$o2b9o$b2o8bo5$2bo9bo$o2b10o$b2o9bo5$2bo10bo$o2b11o$b2o
10bo!
And remove one of the non-required transitions in a certain orientation, or alternatively get the transitions required only to make the ships go in one direction. And there you have it, infinitely slow ships in a non-isotropic rule.
Currently taking a little break, but still hanging around on the Discord server.
Add your computer to the Table of Lifeenthusiast Computers!

Hunting
Posts: 4139
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by Hunting » May 30th, 2020, 12:09 am

Saka wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 12:07 am
Hunting wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 11:58 pm
What's the slowest one in a non-isotropic 2-state rule, though? CGoL is isotropic.
That's still quite easy, take an adjustable ship rule, say this (src: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3081#p54706):

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 39, rule = B2c3aejr4ijr5i7e/S12-en3einr4eijt5ry6e7e8
6bo$2bo4bo$o2b6o$b2o4bo$6bo3$7bo$2bo6bo$o2b7o$b2o6bo$7bo4$2bo7bo$o2b8o
$b2o7bo5$2bo8bo$o2b9o$b2o8bo5$2bo9bo$o2b10o$b2o9bo5$2bo10bo$o2b11o$b2o
10bo!
And remove one of the non-required transitions in a certain orientation, or alternatively get the transitions required only to make the ships go in one direction. And there you have it, infinitely slow ships in a non-isotropic rule.
Oh, you win. But how about 2-cell spaceships?
she/her

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

Carrots salad basketball vehicles.

User avatar
LuxiusGOL
Posts: 111
Joined: April 6th, 2020, 4:28 pm
Location: Giakteda, HKD, Tesana

Re: Slowest spaceship in a MAP rule.

Post by LuxiusGOL » May 30th, 2020, 3:04 am

Hunting wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 12:09 am
Saka wrote:
May 30th, 2020, 12:07 am
Hunting wrote:
May 29th, 2020, 11:58 pm
What's the slowest one in a non-isotropic 2-state rule, though? CGoL is isotropic.
That's still quite easy, take an adjustable ship rule, say this (src: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3081#p54706):

Code: Select all

x = 14, y = 39, rule = B2c3aejr4ijr5i7e/S12-en3einr4eijt5ry6e7e8
6bo$2bo4bo$o2b6o$b2o4bo$6bo3$7bo$2bo6bo$o2b7o$b2o6bo$7bo4$2bo7bo$o2b8o
$b2o7bo5$2bo8bo$o2b9o$b2o8bo5$2bo9bo$o2b10o$b2o9bo5$2bo10bo$o2b11o$b2o
10bo!
And remove one of the non-required transitions in a certain orientation, or alternatively get the transitions required only to make the ships go in one direction. And there you have it, infinitely slow ships in a non-isotropic rule.
Oh, you win. But how about 2-cell spaceships?
or cells of spaceships that are lower than the boundary box for spaceships in a B/S rule?
The fastest spaceship in a MAP rule is technically rules with a c/1 diagonal (which exists)
big texts is funny

Post Reply