Looking for someone to play The Campaign for North Africa with.

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
BokaBB

Looking for someone to play The Campaign for North Africa with.

Post by BokaBB » February 22nd, 2021, 7:08 am

Hello there. I just got a copy of a board game called The Campaign for North Africa,the biggest,most complex and the longest to play board game in this world.
It is about the Axis's campaign for North Africa in the World War II and can afford up to 10 players,who play as various powers from Allies and Axis.
Its rules are GIANT and extremely maximally realistic. For an example,Italians must carry more water to cook pasta or their soldiers will be useless in the field. There is so,so much calculation needed in it FOR EVERY SINGLE UNIT.
The predicted playtime is around 1500 hours, altrough if played slowly,a bit each evening, it can take years and years!
Do you want to play it with me?
Please play it with me!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB

Schiaparelliorbust

Re: Looking for someone to play The Campaign for North Africa with.

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » February 22nd, 2021, 7:28 am

BokaBB wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 7:08 am
Hello there. I just got a copy of a board game called The Campaign for North Africa,the biggest,most complex and the longest to play board game in this world.
It is about the Axis's campaign for North Africa in the World War II and can afford up to 10 players,who play as various powers from Allies and Axis.
Its rules are GIANT and extremely maximally realistic. For an example,Italians must carry more water to cook pasta or their soldiers will be useless in the field. There is so,so much calculation needed in it FOR EVERY SINGLE UNIT.
The predicted playtime is around 1500 hours, altrough if played slowly,a bit each evening, it can take years and years!
Do you want to play it with me?
Please play it with me!
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I'll take a look at the rules. Be ready for me to not respond for a while.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

Moosey

Post by Moosey » February 22nd, 2021, 4:32 pm

BokaBB wrote:
the biggest,most complex and the longest to play board game in this world.
These superlatives are always dubious imo

consider: if you adjust the rules of monopoly so that players aren't eliminated, and whoever accrues some incredibly large amount of money-- say, graham's number-- wins, then that adjusted monopoly will be one of the longest-playing board games if not the longest.

Or for that matter, one might as well exploit the properties of how certain large numbers are generated: a game where each player takes turns adding tree graphs to their own sequence, such that none of the trees in the sequence are homeomorphically embeddable into later ones, the nth tree has at most n nodes, and there are three different colors of nodes. (for more advanced play, try four) Whoever runs out of trees to draw last wins.
not active here but active on discord

BokaBB

Post by BokaBB » February 22nd, 2021, 5:05 pm

Moosey wrote:
February 22nd, 2021, 4:32 pm
BokaBB wrote:
the biggest,most complex and the longest to play board game in this world.
These superlatives are always dubious imo

consider: if you adjust the rules of monopoly so that players aren't eliminated, and whoever accrues some incredibly large amount of money-- say, graham's number-- wins, then that adjusted monopoly will be one of the longest-playing board games if not the longest.

Or for that matter, one might as well exploit the properties of how certain large numbers are generated: a game where each player takes turns adding tree graphs to their own sequence, such that none of the trees in the sequence are homeomorphically embeddable into later ones, the nth tree has at most n nodes, and there are three different colors of nodes. (for more advanced play, try four) Whoever runs out of trees to draw last wins.
Yes,but it surely won't have all that much details. Also, I only think about traditional or originally published games.
Have a good day!

BokaBB
I CAN APGSEARCH NOW!

Sure, I was a bad person, but I have changed myself.
I'd love to befriend anybody who's interested.
Have a good day!

BokaBB