Philosophy

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Schiaparelliorbust

Re: Philosophy

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » March 21st, 2021, 5:22 am

Hunting wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 10:41 pm
Define active. Active is ill-defined from the very beginning.
Good point. I guess I shouldn't even make a distinction between "active" and "passive" as long as there is a choice made whether it be conscious or random. What I'm trying to say is that choices aren't possible at all. With quantum mechanics, there must be some universes (timelines) created every time a quantum choice is made, but for deterministic non-quantum "choices", it doesn't happen. With the timelines we get around the problem of having to choose because we say that every choice has happened.
{censored} wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 12:17 pm
What is your opinion on the reason why life exists in the universe?I think that that one is very deep and enjoyable.
From the scientific point of view life's only goal is to dominate the other life and make its next generation and its future. It is also a lucky merger of some random conditions in the universe.However,there could also be other reasons.
For an example, from a religious point of view it can have other reasons.
Thoughts?
I like to look at natural selection as a physical law. So think of it like this: Everything is a replicator, but everything replicates at different degrees. So if we had a machine that could scan an object (near) perfectly, and create copies of that object, the machine would be an environment where the object could replicate. If this sounds very far-fetched to you, this is actually very similar to how viruses replicate. I prefer Richard Dawkins' gene-centered view on evolution where genes are the ones that actually replicate. Life is essentially a shell through which they can make more of themselves. Watch this video to see what I mean.
Hunting's language (though he doesn't want me to call it that)
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

{censored}

Post by {censored} » March 21st, 2021, 5:26 am

Good points, friend!
I know how viruses replicate.
Do you think that life somehow protects the universe or something like that?
Hello!I am {censored}. I like doing {censored},{censored} and sometimes also {censored}. I live in {censored}.
Every day things are heating up more and more.
We must fight for the future of The Sandbox together!

Also,{censored}.

{censored}

Post by {censored} » March 21st, 2021, 2:32 pm

https://discord.gg/gkn3GeRZYS
I made a little error at first and wrote U instead of Y.
Hello!I am {censored}. I like doing {censored},{censored} and sometimes also {censored}. I live in {censored}.

Also,{censored}.

{censored}

Post by {censored} » March 23rd, 2021, 2:38 pm

{censored} wrote:
March 21st, 2021, 5:26 am
Good points, friend!
I know how viruses replicate.
Do you think that life somehow protects the universe or something like that?
I am not actually sure how I got this one,I just felt something like that.
Please discuss a little here or on Discord,it would be enjoyed.
What do you think the happiness is?

Also,{censored}.

Schiaparelliorbust

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » March 25th, 2021, 3:35 pm

{censored} wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 2:38 pm
Please discuss a little here or on Discord,it would be enjoyed.
What do you think the happiness is?
I used to be for a few months not too long ago a hedonist myself, but then I realized it just doesn't work. It's really hard to deliberately make yourself happy. I'm not saying that being happy is wrong or anything, but happiness takes on many different forms and isn't the only positive feeling out there. Negative feelings can also sometimes be good for one's self. Feelings aren't purely good or bad.
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

{censored}

Post by {censored} » March 25th, 2021, 5:33 pm

Schiaparelliorbust wrote:
March 25th, 2021, 3:35 pm
{censored} wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 2:38 pm
Please discuss a little here or on Discord,it would be enjoyed.What do you think the happiness is?
I used to be for a few months not too long ago a hedonist myself, but then I realized it just doesn't work. It's really hard to deliberately make yourself happy. I'm not saying that being happy is wrong or anything, but happiness takes on many different forms and isn't the only positive feeling out there. Negative feelings can also sometimes be good for one's self. Feelings aren't purely good or bad.
Yes, I also think that hedonism is generally bad,but also that emotions may be somewhat important but not the most important thing. I can say I sacrificed something I loved today for something that I loved less, primarily because I thought it would suit me a little better,but a little bit maybe also just to create a bit of sadness. A little bit of sadness sometimes can be healthy. While the thing that I sacrificed was not anything really all that much important,it still had some impact.
Did you ever did something similar?
Also,what is your opinion on death?What happens to us when we die?I personally doubt that we just disappear forever for various reasons. Do you think that there is something as soul?
Also,is death some kind of liberation from something?I do not think I support the last one,or at least not much. I am somewhat uncertain, however.

Also,{censored}.

Schiaparelliorbust

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » March 26th, 2021, 3:25 am

{censored} wrote:
March 25th, 2021, 5:33 pm
Did you ever did something similar?
Not sure.
{censored} wrote:
Also,what is your opinion on death?What happens to us when we die?I personally doubt that we just disappear forever for various reasons. Do you think that there is something as soul?
No. The soul is an entirely supernatural and unobservable entity. Also, investigating the soul leads to strange questions like "When does your soul form?", "Do animals have souls?" or "Do babies aborted at a stage where they could have been born have a soul?". They make no sense whatsoever.

Why do you believe we don't dissapear?
{censored} wrote:
Also,is death some kind of liberation from something?I do not think I support the last one,or at least not much. I am somewhat uncertain, however.
If you're in physical or psychological pain, it can be. I think I support the right to die as long as there is nothing that can be done to alleviate the situation.

When replying to this, please parse it (reply to it in pieces) like I did here.
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

{censored}

Post by {censored} » March 26th, 2021, 3:37 am

I have some problems because of whom I cannot now.
I personally do not support that one but they said that soul could be magnetic energy somewhere.
Thoughts?

Also,{censored}.

Schiaparelliorbust

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » March 26th, 2021, 8:02 am

{censored} wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 3:37 am
I personally do not support that one but they said that soul could be magnetic energy somewhere.
Thoughts?
Are you talking about animal magnetism? That was been debunked over two centuries ago.
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

{censored}

Post by {censored} » March 26th, 2021, 8:03 am

March 26th, 2021, 8:02 am
{censored} wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 3:37 am
Thoughts?
Are you talking about animal magnetism? That was been debunked over two centuries ago.
No,I just heard something similar.

Also,{censored}.

{censored}

Post by {censored} » April 8th, 2021, 12:13 pm

This thread is an excellent example of the battle between the more traditional philosophy that I represent and the logic and scientific one by you, Schiaparelliorbust.
While I look for reasons for life,justice,God and maybe alst happiness you think in a completely incompatible way to me and our battles mostly end in a stalemate.
Do you want to discuss something?

Also,{censored}.

Schiaparelliorbust

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » April 9th, 2021, 10:35 am

{censored} wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 12:13 pm
This thread is an excellent example of the battle between the more traditional philosophy that I represent and the logic and scientific one by you, Schiaparelliorbust.
While I look for reasons for life,justice,God and maybe alst happiness you think in a completely incompatible way to me and our battles mostly end in a stalemate.
Well I don't like philosophy to intrude on subjects where science has a definite answer. I don't like it when science invades the realm of philosophy either; for example, some scientists deny the existence of a mind, saying that the brain is all that exists. I disagree with that. But dualism, the idea that the mind is separate from the body, is also definitely wrong. The mind is an emergent phenomenon of the brain. If you'd like to choose what to discuss, I'm okay with that.
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

{censored}

Post by {censored} » April 9th, 2021, 1:29 pm

April 9th, 2021, 10:35 am
{censored} wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 12:13 pm
Well I don't like philosophy to intrude on subjects where science has a definite answer. I don't like it when science invades the realm of philosophy either; for example, some scientists deny the existence of a mind, saying that the brain is all that exists. I disagree with that. But dualism, the idea that the mind is separate from the body, is also definitely wrong. The mind is an emergent phenomenon of the brain. If you'd like to choose what to discuss, I'm okay with that.
Well,my friend,we do not know everything and probably never will.
I left to you to choose the next topic.

Also,{censored}.

Schiaparelliorbust

Post by Schiaparelliorbust » April 10th, 2021, 8:57 am

{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 1:29 pm
Let's talk about animal rights then. Some philosophers say that the suffering of animals in the wild is wrong and needs to be stopped. According to them, stuff like predation and starvation in nature are morally bad. I do not agree with this view. I think that ecology is beautiful and that animals have evolved for the niche they occupy, thus changing that would be destroying pretty much everything about them.
Board And Card Games
Colorised CA
Alien Biosphere

{censored}

Post by {censored} » April 10th, 2021, 9:02 am

April 10th, 2021, 8:57 am
{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 1:29 pm
Let's talk about animal rights then. Some philosophers say that the suffering of animals in the wild is wrong and needs to be stopped. According to them, stuff like predation and starvation in nature are morally bad. I do not agree with this view. I think that ecology is beautiful and that animals have evolved for the niche they occupy, thus changing that would be destroying pretty much everything about them.
Some animals evolved to eat meat and that is extremely hard to change without brainwashing because they just need meat,proteins and similar.
Also,we need to eat meat or we will lack the vitamin B12.
I agree, however,that pets on the street should be adopted by someone. They can give immense amount of love for caring them and I also heard that having a pet has health benefits.

Also,{censored}.

{censored}

Post by {censored} » April 10th, 2021, 12:36 pm

Sorry, friend. I had to betray you and take a nap. I forgot to notify you. Please sorry.

Also,{censored}.

Alexander Yu

Post by Alexander Yu » August 6th, 2021, 4:38 pm

All of my decisions are fake. There is only destiny and i can't change it.

Also this kinda means that parallel universes where different decisions are made don't exist?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just realized that radioactivity makes the world truly random. We still don't have free will tho

EDIT2: Most problems arise from trying to solve problems.
hi.