From amateur to professionalist, could we make a living via CA

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Dylan Chen

From amateur to professionalist, could we make a living via CA

Post by Dylan Chen » March 31st, 2021, 7:43 am

In the age of 17th century, our social productivity is limited. It was not possible to support professional full-time composer. Everyone have to work, instead of doing what they really want to do. Bach, best composer of the time, have to make a living by begging the kindness of his masters, playing organ or harpsichord. His composition did't match adequate notice until centuries later.

It is cruel to witness the situation that some talented lads/lass in our community cannot do CA related things as their will. We have artists in every fields, from architect to zoographer. Couldn't the world support several CA enthusiasts? Those colorful and dynamic patterns could be attractive to everyone, even to those who didn't know CA at all. Were we too shy or too phobia to expose ourself to the outside world?

Today I selled one collection of patterns, and I am delighted to receive some reward from that. A world that everyone could make a living by thier hobby would be great. And I expect to see the comming of that day.
Tools should not be the limit.
Whether your obstacle is a script, an stdin, or Linux environment computing resouces.
check New rules thread for help.

{censored}

Re: From amateur to professionalist, could we make a living via CA

Post by {censored} » March 31st, 2021, 8:04 am

Dylan Chen wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 7:43 am
In the age of 17th century, our social productivity is limited. It was not possible to support professional full-time composer. Everyone have to work, instead of doing what they really want to do. Bach, best composer of the time, have to make a living by begging the kindness of his masters, playing organ or harpsichord. His composition did't match adequate notice until centuries later.

It is cruel to witness the situation that some talented lads/lass in our community cannot do CA related things as their will. We have artists in every fields, from architect to zoographer. Couldn't the world support several CA enthusiasts? Those colorful and dynamic patterns could be attractive to everyone, even to those who didn't know CA at all. Were we too shy or too phobia to expose ourself to the outside world?

Today I selled one collection of patterns, and I am delighted to receive some reward from that. A world that everyone could make a living by thier hobby would be great. And I expect to see the comming of that day.
You should see my Philosophy thread,I want to discuss with you. You are so good philosopher!
Smells like wanting to help someone like BokaBB. I partially agree but not fully,will think about the exact reasons.
Yes,I also hope so. Unfortunately,it is extremely unlikely to be in our lifetimes
Hello!I am {censored}. I like doing {censored},{censored} and sometimes also {censored}. I live in {censored}.
Every day things are heating up more and more.
We must fight for the future of The Sandbox together!

Also,{censored}.