Introductions

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1726
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: PH

Re: Introductions

Post by JP21 » March 1st, 2020, 3:51 am

yujh wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:38 am
#
JP21 wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:18 am
Don't remove gliders from collections because gliders are not that bad.
changed:

Code: Select all

CXRLE Pos=-24,0 Gen=1
x = 65, y = 47, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
24b3o$2obobob2ob2obob2o6bo2bo6b3o9b2o$bobobobo3bobob2o8b2o6bo2bo9b2o7b
o$bobobobo3bobob2o9bo6bob2o10b2o6b2o$bobobobobobobob2o6bo8bo13bobo5bob
o$b3ob3ob3o34b2o$2bo3bo3bo6$27bo$27bo8b2o9b4o10bo$25bobobo5bo10bob2obo
7b5o$19bo3b3o3b3o6bo7b2o2b2o7bo4bo$19bo16b2o8b2o2b2o8b5o$19bo26bob2obo
10bo$47b4o5$28bo16bo2bo$21b2o4bobo5b2o8b4o$21bobo4bo6bobo$22b2o12bo8b
4o$45bo3bo$46b4o2$46b4o$46bo2bo4$30b2o3b2ob2ob2o$22b2ob2o3b2o3b2ob2ob
2o$22b2ob2o$30b2o3b2o4b2o$22b2o6b2o3b2o4b2o$22b2o2b2o24bo$26b2o2b2o3b
2o4b2o2bobobo3bo3b2o$22b2o6b2o3b2o4b2o9bo4b2o$22b2o$27b2ob2o3b2ob2ob2o
$22b2o3b2ob2o3b2ob2ob2o$22b2o!
sometimes I make collections like this just for fun. :D
Added and removed stuff:

Code: Select all

x = 59, y = 32, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
18b3o$17bo2bo6b3o9b2o$bo17b2o6bo2bo9b2o7bo$3o17bo6bob2o10b2o6b2o$ob2o
13bo8bo13bobo5bobo$3bo36b2o8$20b3o7b2o9bo2bo10bo$18bo5bo4bo10bob2obo7b
5o$13bo4bo5bo7bo8bo2bo8bo4bo$13bo4bo5bo5b2o9bo2bo9b5o$13bo26bob2obo10b
o$41bo2bo5$22bo16bo2bo$15b2o4bobo5b2o8b4o$15bobo4bo6bobo18b2o$16b2o12b
o8b4o6bobo$39bo3bo5bo$40b4o4b2o2$40b4o$40bo2bo!
Collections are very usual and everybody does it.
Turns to still life:

Code: Select all

x = 11, y = 4, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
2bo5bo$b3o3b3o$2obo3bob2o$o9bo!
THIS is probably gonna be your FAVORITE pattern:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
30bo6bo$29b3o4b3o$28bo2b2o2b2o2bo$27b2obo6bob2o$6b3o4b3o12b2o8b2o$5bo
2bo4bo2bo$5bo3bo2bo3bo$6bo3b2o3bo$6b2o6b2o$8b2o2b2o4$24bo18bo$3b2obobo
4bobob2o6bo16bo$2b2o4bo4bo4b2o2bo22bo$3o2b2o8b2o2b3o3bo16bo$5b2o8b2o!
Others:

Code: Select all

x = 179, y = 21, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
164bo6bo$163b3o4b3o$162b2obo4bob2o$162bo10bo$26b3o4b3o62b3o4b3o33b3o4b
3o$25bo2bo4bo2bo61bo2bo2bo2bo32bo2bo4bo2bo$6b3o4b3o9bo3bo2bo3bo60bo10b
o31bo3bo2bo3bo15b2o$5bo2bo4bo2bo9bo3b2o3bo40b3o4b3o10bo12bo31bo3b2o3bo
16b2o$5bo3bo2bo3bo9b2o6b2o39bo2bo4bo2bo54b2o6b2o$6bo3b2o3bo12b2o2b2o
41bo3bo2bo3bo10bo3bo2bo3bo34b2o2b2o$6b2o6b2o60bo3b2o3bo12bo3b2o3bo$8b
2o2b2o62b2o6b2o$78b2o2b2o75bobobo8bobobo$158bob2obo8bob2obo$23b2obobo
4bobob2o56bo14bo27b2obobo4bobob2o3b2ob2obo8bob2ob2o$22b2o4bo4bo4b2o55b
o14bo26b2o4bo4bo4b2o3bobo14bobo$3b2obobo4bobob2ob3o2b2o8b2o2b3o51bo3b
3o6b3o3bo22b3o2b2o8b2o2b3o$2b2o4bo4bo4b2o5b2o8b2o36b2obobo4bobob2o4b3o
14b3o27b2o8b2o$3o2b2o8b2o2b3o50b2o4bo4bo4b2o3bobo14bobo$5b2o8b2o53b3o
2b2o8b2o2b3o$75b2o8b2o!

Code: Select all

x = 896, y = 30, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
348b3o4b3o$347bo2bo4bo2bo13bo6bo$347bo3bo2bo3bo12b3o4b3o$29bo6bo311bo
3b2o3bo12bo2b2o2b2o2bo$28b3o4b3o310b2o6b2o12b2o2b4o2b2o$27bo2b2o2b2o2b
o311b2o2b2o14b3o2b2o2b3o$6b3o4b3o11b2o2b4o2b2o332b10o499bo6bo$5bo2bo4b
o2bo10b3o2b2o2b3o162b3o4b3o161b2o4b2o499b3o4b3o$5bo3bo2bo3bo11b10o162b
o2bo4bo2bo666bo2b2o2b2o2bo$6bo3b2o3bo13b2o4b2o163bo3bo2bo3bo665b2obo6b
ob2o$6b2o6b2o164b3o4b3o11bo3b2o3bo134b2obobo4bobob2o495b3o4b3o12b2o8b
2o$8b2o2b2o165bo2bo4bo2bo10b2o6b2o133b2o4bo4bo4b2o169bo6bo316bo2bo4bo
2bo$179bo3bo2bo3bo12b2o2b2o133b3o2b2o8b2o2b3o3b3o2bo6bo2b3o145b3o4b3o
141b3o4b3o164bo3bo2bo3bo$180bo3b2o3bo157b2o8b2o12bo8bo128b3o4b3o10b2ob
o4bob2o139bo2bo4bo2bo164bo3b2o3bo$24b3o2bo6bo2b3o138b2o6b2o176b4o2bo6b
o2b4o122bo2bo4bo2bo9bo10bo139bo2bo4bo2bo164b2o6b2o$28bo8bo144b2o2b2o
178bo18bo122bo3bo2bo3bo160b2o8b2o166b2o2b2o$3b2obobo4bobob2o4b4o2bo6bo
2b4o466bo3b2o3bo140b3o4b3o$2b2o4bo4bo4b2o3bo18bo155b2obobo4bobob2o295b
2o6b2o15b2o122bo2bo4bo2bo$3o2b2o8b2o2b3o175b2o4bo4bo4b2o296b2o2b2o17b
2o122bo3bo2bo3bo$5b2o8b2o178b3o2b2o8b2o2b3o442bo3b2o3bo205bo18bo$177b
2obobo4bobob2o7b2o8b2o447b2o6b2o184b2obobo4bobob2o6bo16bo$176b2o4bo4bo
4b2o467b2o2b2o185b2o4bo4bo4b2o2bo22bo$174b3o2b2o8b2o2b3o654b3o2b2o8b2o
2b3o3bo16bo$179b2o8b2o315b2obobo4bobob2o4bobobo8bobobo311b2o8b2o$505b
2o4bo4bo4b2o2bob2obo8bob2obo132bobo12bobo$503b3o2b2o8b2o2b4ob2obo8bob
2ob2o129b2o4b2o6b2o4b2o$508b2o8b2o5bobo14bobo111b2obobo4bobob2o3b2o18b
2o$655b2o4bo4bo4b2o2b2ob2o12b2ob2o$653b3o2b2o8b2o2b3o$658b2o8b2o!
You should also probably posts patterns in another thread.
A 16 year old guy that have useless discoveries in life and other rules.

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
11b2o$11b2o4$8b2o$8b2o2$2o$2o3$3b2o$3b2o2$11b2o$10b2o$12bo$3b2o$3b2o!
I am gone

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 2929
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by yujh » March 5th, 2020, 7:16 am

JP21 wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:51 am
THIS is probably gonna be your FAVORITE pattern:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
30bo6bo$29b3o4b3o$28bo2b2o2b2o2bo$27b2obo6bob2o$6b3o4b3o12b2o8b2o$5bo
2bo4bo2bo$5bo3bo2bo3bo$6bo3b2o3bo$6b2o6b2o$8b2o2b2o4$24bo18bo$3b2obobo
4bobob2o6bo16bo$2b2o4bo4bo4b2o2bo22bo$3o2b2o8b2o2b3o3bo16bo$5b2o8b2o!
You should also probably posts patterns in another thread.
Thanks here with this:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
2bo5bo9bo5bo$b3o3b3o7b3o3b3o$2obo3bob2o5b2obo3bob2o!
More still life in the start of this
Also,more breeders(5,the final number I’ve got)
And I think that spaceship is teardrop.
Nothing to apgsearch? Try b38s23/C1!

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k!!!

b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8

B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8

B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Rule modifier

If you need someone to apgsearch, or if you want to search for an explosive rule, contact me on discord!

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!

User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1726
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: PH

Re: Introductions

Post by JP21 » March 5th, 2020, 7:18 am

yujh wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 7:16 am
JP21 wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:51 am
THIS is probably gonna be your FAVORITE pattern:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
30bo6bo$29b3o4b3o$28bo2b2o2b2o2bo$27b2obo6bob2o$6b3o4b3o12b2o8b2o$5bo
2bo4bo2bo$5bo3bo2bo3bo$6bo3b2o3bo$6b2o6b2o$8b2o2b2o4$24bo18bo$3b2obobo
4bobob2o6bo16bo$2b2o4bo4bo4b2o2bo22bo$3o2b2o8b2o2b3o3bo16bo$5b2o8b2o!
You should also probably posts patterns in another thread.
Thanks here with this:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
2bo5bo9bo5bo$b3o3b3o7b3o3b3o$2obo3bob2o5b2obo3bob2o!
More still life in the start of this
Also,more breeders(5,the final number I’ve got)
And I think that spaceship is teardrop.
How about posting somewhere else instead of here.
A 16 year old guy that have useless discoveries in life and other rules.

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
11b2o$11b2o4$8b2o$8b2o2$2o$2o3$3b2o$3b2o2$11b2o$10b2o$12bo$3b2o$3b2o!
I am gone

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 2929
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by yujh » March 5th, 2020, 7:21 am

JP21 wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 7:18 am
How about posting somewhere else instead of here.
Well,maybe a new topic!
Nothing to apgsearch? Try b38s23/C1!

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k!!!

b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8

B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8

B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Rule modifier

If you need someone to apgsearch, or if you want to search for an explosive rule, contact me on discord!

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!

Hunting
Posts: 4384
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Introductions

Post by Hunting » March 5th, 2020, 7:26 am

yujh wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 7:16 am
JP21 wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:51 am
THIS is probably gonna be your FAVORITE pattern:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
30bo6bo$29b3o4b3o$28bo2b2o2b2o2bo$27b2obo6bob2o$6b3o4b3o12b2o8b2o$5bo
2bo4bo2bo$5bo3bo2bo3bo$6bo3b2o3bo$6b2o6b2o$8b2o2b2o4$24bo18bo$3b2obobo
4bobob2o6bo16bo$2b2o4bo4bo4b2o2bo22bo$3o2b2o8b2o2b3o3bo16bo$5b2o8b2o!
You should also probably posts patterns in another thread.
Thanks here with this:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
2bo5bo9bo5bo$b3o3b3o7b3o3b3o$2obo3bob2o5b2obo3bob2o!
More still life in the start of this
Also,more breeders(5,the final number I’ve got)
And I think that spaceship is teardrop.
You might need to explore this forum a little bit more.

1. Caring about the still life at the "start" of a puffer predecessor is a beginner's common mistake. They are not part of the pattern.
2. Grammar!!!
Permanently dead; No longer contributes

Thanks for devoting your time to LeapLife.

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 2929
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by yujh » March 5th, 2020, 8:30 am

Hunting wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 7:26 am
yujh wrote:
March 5th, 2020, 7:16 am
JP21 wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 3:51 am
THIS is probably gonna be your FAVORITE pattern:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
30bo6bo$29b3o4b3o$28bo2b2o2b2o2bo$27b2obo6bob2o$6b3o4b3o12b2o8b2o$5bo
2bo4bo2bo$5bo3bo2bo3bo$6bo3b2o3bo$6b2o6b2o$8b2o2b2o4$24bo18bo$3b2obobo
4bobob2o6bo16bo$2b2o4bo4bo4b2o2bo22bo$3o2b2o8b2o2b3o3bo16bo$5b2o8b2o!
You should also probably posts patterns in another thread.
Thanks here with this:

Code: Select all

x = 46, y = 18, rule = B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
2bo5bo9bo5bo$b3o3b3o7b3o3b3o$2obo3bob2o5b2obo3bob2o!
More still life in the start of this
Also,more breeders(5,the final number I’ve got)
And I think that spaceship is teardrop.
You might need to explore this forum a little bit more.

1. Caring about the still life at the "start" of a puffer predecessor is a beginner's common mistake. They are not part of the pattern.
2. Grammar!!!
Hmm,
Yeah,I know,
But I haven’t noticed these still lifes(they are calling ‘lifes’ on the wiki,I’m not very sure) before.
Btw, thanks very much!
我英语还是不行啊!(My English is not good enough)
Nothing to apgsearch? Try b38s23/C1!

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k!!!

b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8

B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8

B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Rule modifier

If you need someone to apgsearch, or if you want to search for an explosive rule, contact me on discord!

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!

anythingand42
Posts: 2
Joined: March 11th, 2020, 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by anythingand42 » March 11th, 2020, 4:54 pm

Hi. As I understand, in this topic I can introduce myself.

I'm a software developer and I'm working on a web application for the game of life. I already made a prototype with basic functionality that works for computers. You can look at it here:
https://mposk98.github.io/wasm-game-of-life/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q9Jwm6_DLM&t=1s

I just want to find out if this is interesting to anyone, and if so, then I will make this application works for mobile devices and add more features, like saving and inserting patterns, inserting patterns by function, and any other stuff users may ask for.
Thank you for your attention. All the best.

User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1726
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: PH

Re: Introductions

Post by JP21 » March 11th, 2020, 5:42 pm

anythingand42 wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Hi. As I understand, in this topic I can introduce myself.

I'm a software developer and I'm working on a web application for the game of life. I already made a prototype with basic functionality that works for computers. You can look at it here:
https://mposk98.github.io/wasm-game-of-life/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q9Jwm6_DLM&t=1s

I just want to find out if this is interesting to anyone, and if so, then I will make this application works for mobile devices and add more features, like saving and inserting patterns, inserting patterns by function, and any other stuff users may ask for.
Thank you for your attention. All the best.
That's why the app Golly exists. It has more than all of the things/tools you need. (Including saving and inserting patterns)
I use android and Golly is available through android too. If your app can have better or more special functionalites, it will get more attention.
The thing is that Golly is a program not a web application.
If you can make a very good web application with as many functions as Golly, it would be fantastic to see.

I found a website. https://copy.sh/life/
It isn't mobile but it is very good for a web application.
I want to see it support more types of cellular automata.

Hunting
Posts: 4384
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Introductions

Post by Hunting » March 11th, 2020, 9:28 pm

anythingand42 wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 4:54 pm
Hi. As I understand, in this topic I can introduce myself.

I'm a software developer and I'm working on a web application for the game of life. I already made a prototype with basic functionality that works for computers. You can look at it here:
https://mposk98.github.io/wasm-game-of-life/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q9Jwm6_DLM&t=1s

I just want to find out if this is interesting to anyone, and if so, then I will make this application works for mobile devices and add more features, like saving and inserting patterns, inserting patterns by function, and any other stuff users may ask for.
Thank you for your attention. All the best.
I agree with James, that's why Golly exist. The main subject of this forum is pattern discovering, not creating GoL implementations. Also there's no way to change rule or copy/paste RLE there.
JP21 wrote:
March 11th, 2020, 5:42 pm
...The thing is that Golly is a program not a web application.
Well?
Permanently dead; No longer contributes

Thanks for devoting your time to LeapLife.

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

anythingand42
Posts: 2
Joined: March 11th, 2020, 4:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by anythingand42 » March 12th, 2020, 1:57 pm

Thank you guys for your answers. I didn't know about the mobile and web version of Golly. So, it seems like Golly covers all that user may want.
I also want to ask, what about 3d cellular automata? :) Is it interesting for the community? Are there any applications for this?

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4291
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: here
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by Moosey » March 12th, 2020, 4:24 pm

anythingand42 wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 1:57 pm
I also want to ask, what about 3d cellular automata? :) Is it interesting for the community? Are there any applications for this?
considering 3d CA⊆CA, yes. The main reason why we don't have much discussion is probably that
0) it's hard to visualize
1) it's probably also harder to implement
2) it's hard to edit
My CA rules can be found here

Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"
Gnodu belu+nna j'e derau?

I'm mostly active on the discord now yet amazingly still exist

Hunting
Posts: 4384
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Introductions

Post by Hunting » March 14th, 2020, 3:39 am

anythingand42 wrote:
March 12th, 2020, 1:57 pm
Thank you guys for your answers. I didn't know about the mobile and web version of Golly. So, it seems like Golly covers all that user may want.
I also want to ask, what about 3d cellular automata? :) Is it interesting for the community? Are there any applications for this?
Yes, it is. It is harder to program though.
Permanently dead; No longer contributes

Thanks for devoting your time to LeapLife.

LeapLife - DirtyLife - LispLife

User avatar
otismo
Posts: 864
Joined: August 18th, 2010, 1:41 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by otismo » April 10th, 2020, 6:00 pm

I want a golly that is webpage imbedable

please...
"One picture is worth 1000 words; but one thousand words, carefully crafted, can paint an infinite number of pictures."
- autonomic writing
forFUN : http://viropet.com
Art Gallery : http://cgolart.com
Video WebSite : http://conway.life

User avatar
lllllllllwith10ls
Posts: 11
Joined: May 11th, 2020, 3:11 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by lllllllllwith10ls » May 11th, 2020, 3:15 pm

I'm lllllllllwith10ls, and some of you might know me as PlanetN9ne from the conway life discord server. I don't really do serious CA stuff, I just mess around in Golly with some rules.
mom fapathi

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4291
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: here
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by Moosey » May 11th, 2020, 3:28 pm

lllllllllwith10ls wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 3:15 pm
I'm lllllllllwith10ls, and some of you might know me as PlanetN9ne from the conway life discord server. I don't really do serious CA stuff, I just mess around in Golly with some rules.
Hi Planet
My CA rules can be found here

Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"
Gnodu belu+nna j'e derau?

I'm mostly active on the discord now yet amazingly still exist

User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3627
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: Indonesia
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by Saka » May 12th, 2020, 10:55 am

lllllllllwith10ls wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 3:15 pm
I'm lllllllllwith10ls, and some of you might know me as PlanetN9ne from the conway life discord server. I don't really do serious CA stuff, I just mess around in Golly with some rules.
Hi as well.
Very nice username and PFP. I like the "modern art" style.
Currently taking a little break, but still hanging around on the Discord server.
Add your computer to the Table of Lifeenthusiast Computers!

andrewph33
Posts: 36
Joined: January 27th, 2020, 4:32 pm
Location: Place with 7k people, Serbia

Re: Introductions

Post by andrewph33 » May 13th, 2020, 1:24 pm

'Allo. Forgot to introduce myself, I'm Andrew from the Discord and like sequences as well as oscillators in the rules Neutronium and DoubleN. :!:
If you're reading my signature, hi! :)

Also, from October 7th 2021, anything I find in any CA is available to be used in any context by anyone on the planet at no additional cost, without required attribution.

Orange1234
Posts: 3
Joined: March 25th, 2020, 2:03 am

Re: Introductions

Post by Orange1234 » May 30th, 2020, 7:01 am

hello everyone! My name is orange 1234. I like painting and sports. What I'm good at is skating. I'm good at painting houses. I also like to do it by hand.

Silkmoth
Posts: 3
Joined: July 24th, 2020, 8:40 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by Silkmoth » July 24th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Hi! My name is Evelynn, I've been fascinated with the game of life for a while now without ever realizing that there's a community out there for it, which was... probably pretty silly of me! Looking at the Wiki for the game of life and seeing massive structures and jargon terms was a bit intimidating, but- I wanted to share something I'm a little bit proud of! Based on my Nickname here, you miiiight gather that I like moths a fair bit- I was messing around a little and found a pattern I found really beautiful. (It also sends out a couple gliders, so maybe I'll see what happens if I make it a bit more complex...)

Oh! and *p l e a s e* let me know if this is something someone else has already made, because otherwise I was thinking about submitting it as an entry to the wiki!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UUscZM ... sp=sharing

(I think this is the code needed to run it but i *am* very new so forgive me if it's not n.n)
#CXRLE Pos=-10,30
x = 115, y = 24, rule = B3/S23
3o7b3o7b3o69b3o7b3o7b3o$o9bobo9bo69bo9bobo9bo$3o7bobo7b3o69b3o7bobo7b
3o19$10b3o89b3o$10bobo89bobo$10bobo89bobo!

User avatar
JP21
Posts: 1726
Joined: October 26th, 2019, 5:39 am
Location: PH

Re: Introductions

Post by JP21 » July 25th, 2020, 2:34 am

Silkmoth wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 8:56 pm
Hi! My name is Evelynn, I've been fascinated with the game of life for a while now without ever realizing that there's a community out there for it, which was... probably pretty silly of me! Looking at the Wiki for the game of life and seeing massive structures and jargon terms was a bit intimidating, but- I wanted to share something I'm a little bit proud of! Based on my Nickname here, you miiiight gather that I like moths a fair bit- I was messing around a little and found a pattern I found really beautiful. (It also sends out a couple gliders, so maybe I'll see what happens if I make it a bit more complex...)

Oh! and *p l e a s e* let me know if this is something someone else has already made, because otherwise I was thinking about submitting it as an entry to the wiki!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UUscZM ... sp=sharing

(I think this is the code needed to run it but i *am* very new so forgive me if it's not n.n)
#CXRLE Pos=-10,30
x = 115, y = 24, rule = B3/S23
3o7b3o7b3o69b3o7b3o7b3o$o9bobo9bo69bo9bobo9bo$3o7bobo7b3o69b3o7bobo7b
3o19$10b3o89b3o$10bobo89bobo$10bobo89bobo!
Okay... Your pattern consists of 8 pi patterns and becomes a big mess. I don't know how to describe that pattern (which is something not too interesting)
I don't think the pattern is notable enough so it wouldn't be in the wiki.
You can put rle inside the code. </>

Code: Select all

x = 115, y = 24, rule = B3/S23
3o7b3o7b3o69b3o7b3o7b3o$o9bobo9bo69bo9bobo9bo$3o7bobo7b3o69b3o7bobo7b
3o19$10b3o89b3o$10bobo89bobo$10bobo89bobo!

MrCow
Posts: 1
Joined: July 25th, 2020, 2:28 pm

Re: Introductions

Post by MrCow » July 25th, 2020, 2:33 pm

Hi Im cow. I found about conways game of life today and im trying to learn how to make cool things

goldenratio
Posts: 295
Joined: July 26th, 2020, 10:39 pm
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Introductions

Post by goldenratio » July 27th, 2020, 11:10 pm

Hello guys, I am a nerdy 13 (almost 14) year old guy who enjoys everything related to CA (but mostly INT rules and soup based syntheses). I live in the US by the way. My username has nothing to do with 2718281828 or anyone else; I just like the golden ratio (even though it is a spark in CGOL) and the Euler phi function.

I actually discovered these forums early on (I think in 2016, as I vaguely remember the copperhead thread was active back then) but then forgot about them until recently (about last year). I have been observing these forums for a while and picked up most of the terms you guys use. Even more recently I finally downloaded Golly and started seriously making stuff in CGOL, including a few syntheses (these two are my favorite, but I made some more messier ones):

Code: Select all

 x = 114, y = 130, rule = B3/S23
10bobo$11b2o$11bo12bo$23bo$23b3o6bo$32bobo$32b2o2$35bobo2bo$35b2o3bobo
$36bo3b2o3$42b3o$42bo$11b2o30bo$10bobo12b3o$12bo14bo$26bo3$53b2o$52b2o
$54bo24$60bo$58b2o$59b2o20$80bobo$80b2o$81bo18$20bo$21bo$19b3o$25bobo$
26b2o$4bo21bo57bobo$5b2o78b2o$4b2o79bo4bo$13bo76bo$13bobo4bo69bo$13b2o
5bobo$3o17b2o$2bo34bo$bo11b2o21b2o$14b2o20bobo$4b3o6bo$6bo$5bo83b2o4bo
$18bo11bo58bo2b2obo$16b2o11bo8b2o50b3o$12bo4b2o10b3o6bobo52bo$12b2o24b
o51b5o3b2o$11bobo6bobo67bo4bo$20b2o69b2o2b2obo$21bo71bobob2o$26bo4bo
61bobobo$26b2o2bo63b2obobo7b3o$18b2o5bobo2b3o65b2o$19b2o90b2o$18bo92bo
bo$111bo4$24b2o8bo$23bobo7b2o$25bo7bobo2$28b2o$27bobo$29bo!
I hope you guys don't think of me as Moosey/yujh 2, as I don't have that much free time and won't be able to post that much (max 3-4 posts/day)
My catagolue account is (unsurprisingly) onepoint618.
Oscillator discussion is boring me out. I'll return when the cgol community switches to something else.

Me on LifeWiki

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 4291
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: here
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by Moosey » July 28th, 2020, 5:26 pm

goldenratio wrote:
July 27th, 2020, 11:10 pm
I hope you guys don't think of me as Moosey/yujh 2, as I don't have that much free time and won't be able to post that much (max 3-4 posts/day)
lol, welcome!
My CA rules can be found here

Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"
Gnodu belu+nna j'e derau?

I'm mostly active on the discord now yet amazingly still exist

Anonymous Glider
Posts: 6
Joined: August 28th, 2020, 12:06 pm
Location: Somewhere (probably)

Re: Introductions

Post by Anonymous Glider » August 28th, 2020, 2:13 pm

Hi I guess...

I'm just another guy who didn't realize how cool CGoL was until a few months ago. I came across it a few times, but never saw anything more complex than a glider. When I found this website, I was instantly fascinated with all the thing that had been discovered. After downloading Golly and reading through as many Lifewiki articles as I could, I started playing around with some basic stable circuits. I lurked on these forums for a few months before finally deciding to register.

I still mostly work with stable (and sometimes periodic) circuits, mostly for logic/computation.

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 2929
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know
Contact:

Re: Introductions

Post by yujh » August 28th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Anonymous Glider wrote:
August 28th, 2020, 2:13 pm
Hi I guess...

I'm just another guy who didn't realize how cool CGoL was until a few months ago. I came across it a few times, but never saw anything more complex than a glider. When I found this website, I was instantly fascinated with all the thing that had been discovered. After downloading Golly and reading through as many Lifewiki articles as I could, I started playing around with some basic stable circuits. I lurked on these forums for a few months before finally deciding to register.

I still mostly work with stable (and sometimes periodic) circuits, mostly for logic/computation.
Welcome to the forums! :D
Nothing to apgsearch? Try b38s23/C1!

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k!!!

b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8

B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8

B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Rule modifier

If you need someone to apgsearch, or if you want to search for an explosive rule, contact me on discord!

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!

Post Reply