Lenia!

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Ascen

Lenia!

Post by Ascen » March 31st, 2022, 4:40 am

Anyone knows Lenia?
A beautifully-shown CA algorithm.
Wondering how it works.
Homepage:https://chakazul.github.io/Lenia/JavaScript/Lenia.html

dvgrn

Re: Lenia!

Post by dvgrn » March 31st, 2022, 8:14 am

Ascen wrote:
March 31st, 2022, 4:40 am
Anyone knows Lenia?
Sure! Lenia got at least a little bit of attention here on the forums back when it first showed up. Here's the original thread.

I guess one of the things that makes it less likely that Lenia will get a lot of attention here, is that it requires a different set of software from the usual LifeViewer and Golly combination that's mostly used by us conwaylife.com forum dwellers -- which makes it just enough harder to share and explore new discoveries, that interest tends to naturally die off after a while. Not saying that that's what should happen, it's just what does tend to happen.

Ascen

Re: Lenia!

Post by Ascen » March 31st, 2022, 11:37 am

Emmm. I'm so sorry to hear this. What a pity!
In some of my country's college of biology sciences, these beautiful "mannual life" are widely known, and some of its "biological" features can become questions of the final exam of biological taxonomy...Lol
Still, I have no idea how Lenia works. If we can master its basic algorithm, maybe we can achieve it in a more flexible way, such as C++, or Python.(hopefully this won't Infringe its intellectual property rights)
A long way to go!