Is there any plan to add a page about reversible cellular automatas

For discussion directly related to LifeWiki.
ThatRandomUser

Is there any plan to add a page about reversible cellular automatas

Post by ThatRandomUser » December 16th, 2023, 1:13 pm

I'm just not finding any and found it a bit weird that a thing like that is barely mentioned in the Wiki.

confocaloid

Re: Is there any plan to add a page about reversible cellular automatas

Post by confocaloid » December 16th, 2023, 4:14 pm

I can confirm that currently LifeWiki does not have pages about a number of notable topics, including reversible CA. Several ideas were posted in https://conwaylife.com/w/index.php?diff ... did=111175
I think there is little "planning" behind creating an article, as long as someone has knowledge/understanding and willingness to write enough initial content that correctly and clearly explains the topic to LifeWiki readers.

dvgrn

Re: Is there any plan to add a page about reversible cellular automatas

Post by dvgrn » December 16th, 2023, 6:53 pm

confocaloid wrote:
December 16th, 2023, 4:14 pm
I think there is little "planning" behind creating an article, as long as someone has knowledge/understanding and willingness to write enough initial content that correctly and clearly explains the topic to LifeWiki readers.
Yup, that's exactly the way it works!

For what it's worth, the entire OCA ("Other Cellular Automata") namespace is relatively new. The main namespace of the LifeWiki used to be pretty nearly all there was -- it was, and still is, reserved for plain-vanilla Conway's Life topics. The "OCA" namespace only got added in the last half-decade or so -- sometime in 2019, I believe.

So nowadays we're getting a much wider range of topics showing up in the OCA namespace, but we're a long way from covering everything that might be considered notable.