Spaceship Discussion Thread

For discussion of specific patterns or specific families of patterns, both newly-discovered and well-known.
User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 528
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Gustone » November 15th, 2019, 1:24 pm

New c/10

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
22b2o$4b2o16b2o$4b2o15bo2bo$3bo2bo14b4o$3b4o13bob2obo$2bob2obo13bo2bo$
3bo2bo$20b2o2b2o$2b2o2b2o11bo6bo$bo6bo$20bo4bo$2bo4bo13bo2bo$3bo2bo15b
2o$4b2o$19b2o4b2o$b2o4b2o9bo2bo2bo2bo$o2bo2bo2bo3b2o4b2o4b2o$b2o4b2o6b
o4bo4bo$2bo4bo4bo$13b2o!
eurasia

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 2, rule = B3/S23
13o$12b7o!

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 2784
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Moosey » November 15th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Gustone wrote:
November 15th, 2019, 1:24 pm
New c/10

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
22b2o$4b2o16b2o$4b2o15bo2bo$3bo2bo14b4o$3b4o13bob2obo$2bob2obo13bo2bo$
3bo2bo$20b2o2b2o$2b2o2b2o11bo6bo$bo6bo$20bo4bo$2bo4bo13bo2bo$3bo2bo15b
2o$4b2o$19b2o4b2o$b2o4b2o9bo2bo2bo2bo$o2bo2bo2bo3b2o4b2o4b2o$b2o4b2o6b
o4bo4bo$2bo4bo4bo$13b2o!
That's a pretty clever application of toadsuckers

I remember seeing people do that with dragons
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 528
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Gustone » November 15th, 2019, 3:50 pm

Moosey wrote:
November 15th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Gustone wrote:
November 15th, 2019, 1:24 pm
New c/10

Code: Select all

x = 28, y = 20, rule = B3/S23
22b2o$4b2o16b2o$4b2o15bo2bo$3bo2bo14b4o$3b4o13bob2obo$2bob2obo13bo2bo$
3bo2bo$20b2o2b2o$2b2o2b2o11bo6bo$bo6bo$20bo4bo$2bo4bo13bo2bo$3bo2bo15b
2o$4b2o$19b2o4b2o$b2o4b2o9bo2bo2bo2bo$o2bo2bo2bo3b2o4b2o4b2o$b2o4b2o6b
o4bo4bo$2bo4bo4bo$13b2o!
That's a pretty clever application of toadsuckers

I remember seeing people do that with dragons
And these guys

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 38, rule = B3/S23
3bo$b2o$3bo$5b4o$6bo2bo$7b2o$8b2o2$6bo$4b2obob2obobo$5bo6bob2obo$5bo
11bo$5bo4b2o$4b6o$2bo$2o$2bo$8bo$8bo2bo$8bo2bo$9bo$3bo$b2o$3bo$5b6o$6b
o4b2o$6bo11bo$6bo6bob2obo$5b2obob2obobo$7bo2$9b2o$8b2o$7bo2bo$6b4o$4bo
$2b2o$4bo!
eurasia

Code: Select all

x = 19, y = 2, rule = B3/S23
13o$12b7o!

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie 2
Posts: 233
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » November 19th, 2019, 6:50 pm

(3,0)/14 (3c/14) partial:

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 44, rule = B3/S23
8bo5bo$8bo5bo$7bobo3bobo$8bo5bo$8bo5bo2$4bo13bo$3b3o11b3o$2b2ob2o9b2ob
2o$3b3o11b3o$4bo13bo2$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o5$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o$3bobo
11bobo$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o3$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o3$bo5bo7bo5bo$obo3bobo
5bobo3bobo$3bobo3bo3bo3bobo$3bobo11bobo$3bobo11bobo$obo3bobo5bobo3bobo
$o7bo5bo7bo$b7o7b7o$b2obob2o7b2obob2o$bo5bo7bo5bo$2b5o9b5o$2bo3bo9bo3b
o$o3bo3bo5bo3bo3bo$o2b3o2bo5bo2b3o2bo$2ob3ob2o5b2ob3ob2o!
The ENEERG-y of the EVAD is watching.
The 70th NAI-ve guy is watching.

Please see User:Entity Valkyrie 2 for my own pages.

Please see User:Entity Valkyrie 2/StateInvestigator. Expect me to post StateInvestigator patterns in ExtendedLife threads.

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 2784
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]
Contact:

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Moosey » November 19th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 6:50 pm
(3,0)/14 (3c/14) partial:

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 44, rule = B3/S23
8bo5bo$8bo5bo$7bobo3bobo$8bo5bo$8bo5bo2$4bo13bo$3b3o11b3o$2b2ob2o9b2ob
2o$3b3o11b3o$4bo13bo2$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o5$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o$3bobo
11bobo$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o3$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o3$bo5bo7bo5bo$obo3bobo
5bobo3bobo$3bobo3bo3bo3bobo$3bobo11bobo$3bobo11bobo$obo3bobo5bobo3bobo
$o7bo5bo7bo$b7o7b7o$b2obob2o7b2obob2o$bo5bo7bo5bo$2b5o9b5o$2bo3bo9bo3b
o$o3bo3bo5bo3bo3bo$o2b3o2bo5bo2b3o2bo$2ob3ob2o5b2ob3ob2o!
Man, if we get a ship out of this...
but hey, it does match for about halfway through the partial, so who knows? It may be a good start
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

User avatar
A for awesome
Posts: 1942
Joined: September 13th, 2014, 5:36 pm
Location: 0x-1
Contact:

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by A for awesome » November 19th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Moosey wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 7:23 pm
Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 6:50 pm
(3,0)/14 (3c/14) partial:

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 44, rule = B3/S23
8bo5bo$8bo5bo$7bobo3bobo$8bo5bo$8bo5bo2$4bo13bo$3b3o11b3o$2b2ob2o9b2ob
2o$3b3o11b3o$4bo13bo2$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o5$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o$3bobo
11bobo$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o3$3b3o11b3o$3b3o11b3o3$bo5bo7bo5bo$obo3bobo
5bobo3bobo$3bobo3bo3bo3bobo$3bobo11bobo$3bobo11bobo$obo3bobo5bobo3bobo
$o7bo5bo7bo$b7o7b7o$b2obob2o7b2obob2o$bo5bo7bo5bo$2b5o9b5o$2bo3bo9bo3b
o$o3bo3bo5bo3bo3bo$o2b3o2bo5bo2b3o2bo$2ob3ob2o5b2ob3ob2o!
Man, if we get a ship out of this...
but hey, it does match for about halfway through the partial, so who knows? It may be a good start
Sort of... the problem is there's only one more row to expand it with the current symmetry, and unless something exists at that width (which I would say is unlikely, although you never know), anything wider requires a search at a lower order of symmetry, which would take some ridiculous exponential factor more time to complete at this width/period.
x₁=ηx
V ⃰_η=c²√(Λη)
K=(Λu²)/2
Pₐ=1−1/(∫^∞_t₀(p(t)ˡ⁽ᵗ⁾)dt)

$$x_1=\eta x$$
$$V^*_\eta=c^2\sqrt{\Lambda\eta}$$
$$K=\frac{\Lambda u^2}2$$
$$P_a=1-\frac1{\int^\infty_{t_0}p(t)^{l(t)}dt}$$

http://conwaylife.com/wiki/A_for_all

Aidan F. Pierce

User avatar
Scorbie
Posts: 1439
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 1:05 am

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Scorbie » November 19th, 2019, 8:16 pm

@EV2 @Moosey @A for Awesome
EV2 might wanted to point out that this is two **known** discoveries combined.
One is the front reaction, which I saw from the forums quite a long time ago, and the other is the 3c/14 partial.
Unfortunately it doesn't make a 3c/14 ship more likely, but it's an interesting combination indeed.
Best wishes to you, Scorbie

Sokwe
Moderator
Posts: 1504
Joined: July 9th, 2009, 2:44 pm

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Sokwe » November 19th, 2019, 8:43 pm

To clarify what Scorbie said, the pattern above is just the partial from this post advanced by two generations. Hopefully this may serve as a reminder of this particular problem. However, it is helpful when posting a pattern to mention how it was found or where it came from.

By the way, here is the underlying 3c/14 reaction on which this partial is based:

Code: Select all

x = 15, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
3b3o3b3o$2bo3bobo3bo$2bo3bobo3bo$2bo3bobo3bo$o2b3o3b3o2bo$o13bo$o13bo!
I'm not sure who first discovered it. It's probably been independently discovered several times.
-Matthias Merzenich

wildmyron
Posts: 1311
Joined: August 9th, 2013, 12:45 am

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by wildmyron » November 19th, 2019, 9:22 pm

Sokwe wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 8:43 pm
To clarify what Scorbie said, the pattern above is just the partial from this post advanced by two generations.
... but with 2 cells missing from outside the original bounding box.
However, it is helpful when posting a pattern to mention how it was found or where it came from.
@EV2 This message is intended for you. Please read it. Please follow the advice in it.
The latest version of the 5S Project contains over 226,000 spaceships. There is also a GitHub mirror of the collection. Tabulated pages up to period 160 (out of date) are available on the LifeWiki.

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie 2
Posts: 233
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » November 20th, 2019, 2:37 am

wildmyron wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 9:22 pm
Sokwe wrote:
November 19th, 2019, 8:43 pm
To clarify what Scorbie said, the pattern above is just the partial from this post advanced by two generations.
... but with 2 cells missing from outside the original bounding box.
However, it is helpful when posting a pattern to mention how it was found or where it came from.
@EV2 This message is intended for you. Please read it. Please follow the advice in it.
Extremely sorry for not linking.

Oops, I meant this:

Code: Select all

x = 25, y = 44, rule = B3/S23
9bo5bo$9bo5bo$8bobo3bobo$9bo5bo$9bo5bo2$5bo13bo$4b3o11b3o$3b2ob2o9b2ob
2o$4b3o11b3o$5bo13bo2$4b3o11b3o$4b3o11b3o5$4b3o11b3o$4b3o11b3o$4bobo
11bobo$4b3o11b3o$4b3o11b3o3$4b3o11b3o$4b3o11b3o3$2bo5bo7bo5bo$bobo3bob
o5bobo3bobo$o3bobo3bo3bo3bobo3bo$4bobo11bobo$4bobo11bobo$bobo3bobo5bob
o3bobo$bo7bo5bo7bo$2b7o7b7o$2b2obob2o7b2obob2o$2bo5bo7bo5bo$3b5o9b5o$
3bo3bo9bo3bo$bo3bo3bo5bo3bo3bo$bo2b3o2bo5bo2b3o2bo$b2ob3ob2o5b2ob3ob2o
!
The ENEERG-y of the EVAD is watching.
The 70th NAI-ve guy is watching.

Please see User:Entity Valkyrie 2 for my own pages.

Please see User:Entity Valkyrie 2/StateInvestigator. Expect me to post StateInvestigator patterns in ExtendedLife threads.

User avatar
Entity Valkyrie 2
Posts: 233
Joined: February 26th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » November 24th, 2019, 1:25 am

(13,1)/31 crawler

Code: Select all

x = 163, y = 57, rule = B3/S23
bo$obo6b3o$b2o4bo3b2o$2bo4bobo2b2o$b2o3bo5bo$7bo2b2o$7bo$15b2o$14b2o$
16bo5$35b3o$35bo$36bo4$57bo$56b2o$56bobo5$77b2o$77bobo$77bo5$98b2o$97b
2o$99bo5$118b3o$118bo$119bo4$140bo$139b2o$139bobo5$160b2o$160bobo$160b
o!

The ENEERG-y of the EVAD is watching.
The 70th NAI-ve guy is watching.

Please see User:Entity Valkyrie 2 for my own pages.

Please see User:Entity Valkyrie 2/StateInvestigator. Expect me to post StateInvestigator patterns in ExtendedLife threads.

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 6049
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Spaceship Discussion Thread

Post by dvgrn » November 24th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 1:25 am
(13,1)/31 crawler

Code: Select all

x = 163, y = 57, rule = B3/S23
bo$obo6b3o$b2o4bo3b2o$2bo4bobo2b2o$b2o3bo5bo$7bo2b2o$7bo$15b2o$14b2o$
16bo5$35b3o$35bo$36bo4$57bo$56b2o$56bobo5$77b2o$77bobo$77bo5$98b2o$97b
2o$99bo5$118b3o$118bo$119bo4$140bo$139b2o$139bobo5$160b2o$160bobo$160bo!
There's a stub article on the (13,1)c/31 Pseudo-B climber, and a dedicated forum thread from several years ago.

Based on discoveries so far, it looks like it will be fairly difficult to get the necessary over-unity reactions out of this crawler, to build a self-supporting spaceship -- especially compared to the (27,1)c/72 Herschel-pair climber ((27,1)c/72 Herschel climber on the LifeWiki).

Post Reply