three-glider collisions

For discussion of specific patterns or specific families of patterns, both newly-discovered and well-known.
ssaamm

three-glider collisions

Post by ssaamm » December 24th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Well, I think that it can be figured out exactly how to find out how many possible significant interactions of three gliders there can be.
I am aware that there are infinite possibilities due to gliders colliding with glider emitted from two-glider collisions.

First, in any given pattern, we need to figure out in every generation how many places a glider could be. This could probably be done using a variation of the life history rule and a script that figures out all of these locations by testing whether a glider could get there in the first place. Then, we would go through every generation of every reaction between 2 glider like this, as well as every permutation of phases in the final pattern if there are oscillators, as well as two-glider collisions of the gliders emitted from those patterns that end of affecting the original pattern.

Tell me what you think of this method.

Extrementhusiast

Re: three-glider collisions

Post by Extrementhusiast » December 27th, 2010, 12:20 am

I was thinking of putting all possible glider positions that interact with each of the seventy-one distinct two-glider collisions, and being very careful not to duplicate collisions.
I Like My Heisenburps! (and others)

Ntsimp

Re: three-glider collisions

Post by Ntsimp » December 28th, 2010, 10:44 pm

Or you could just use gencols.