LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or wiki function.
pipsqueek
Posts: 30
Joined: September 10th, 2022, 4:42 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by pipsqueek » September 10th, 2022, 4:48 pm

I would like to have permission to contribute to the LifeWiki. As I wish to create wonderful patterns to spread knowledge to those who admire such a rich cellar automaton. Please take this into consideration.

Thank you.

User avatar
Ian07
Posts: 869
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: New Jersey, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 » September 10th, 2022, 6:04 pm

pipsqueek wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 4:48 pm
I would like to have permission to contribute to the LifeWiki. As I wish to create wonderful patterns to spread knowledge to those who admire such a rich cellar automaton. Please take this into consideration.

Thank you.
Welcome! What's your wiki account username? If you don't have one, you'll need to make one.

pipsqueek
Posts: 30
Joined: September 10th, 2022, 4:42 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by pipsqueek » September 10th, 2022, 7:11 pm

Ian07 wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 6:04 pm
pipsqueek wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 4:48 pm
I would like to have permission to contribute to the LifeWiki. As I wish to create wonderful patterns to spread knowledge to those who admire such a rich cellar automaton. Please take this into consideration.

Thank you.
Welcome! What's your wiki account username? If you don't have one, you'll need to make one.
its "Conwaysgameoflife". (if you are referring to my wiki account)

User avatar
Ian07
Posts: 869
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: New Jersey, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 » September 10th, 2022, 7:17 pm

pipsqueek wrote:
September 10th, 2022, 7:11 pm
its "Conwaysgameoflife". (if you are referring to my wiki account)
Done!

pipsqueek
Posts: 30
Joined: September 10th, 2022, 4:42 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by pipsqueek » September 10th, 2022, 7:35 pm

thanks!

yoleo
Posts: 42
Joined: October 26th, 2021, 11:48 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by yoleo » September 18th, 2022, 2:18 pm

Could I get wiki editing privileges? I'd like to make a page akin to HotDogPi's "my discoveries" page. Also as I browse LifeWiki I sometimes notice small errors or out-of-date information, would be nice to be able to fix things like that. Account is yoleo 531

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn » September 18th, 2022, 3:47 pm

yoleo wrote:
September 18th, 2022, 2:18 pm
Could I get wiki editing privileges? I'd like to make a page akin to HotDogPi's "my discoveries" page. Also as I browse LifeWiki I sometimes notice small errors or out-of-date information, would be nice to be able to fix things like that. Account is yoleo 531
Done!

MEisSCAMMER
Posts: 4
Joined: September 20th, 2022, 5:12 pm
Location: Yes
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by MEisSCAMMER » September 20th, 2022, 5:16 pm

Hi, could I have editing privileges? I'd use it to mainly do grammar stuff; not really knowledgeable in the patterns area, although I'm learning. The username is MEisSCAMMER.

User avatar
GUYTU6J
Posts: 1988
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by GUYTU6J » September 20th, 2022, 10:44 pm

MEisSCAMMER wrote:
September 20th, 2022, 5:16 pm
Hi, could I have editing privileges? I'd use it to mainly do grammar stuff; not really knowledgeable in the patterns area, although I'm learning. The username is MEisSCAMMER.
Welcome to the forums! We have this thread for introduction. IMHO it is advisable to get familiar with cellular automata via textbook and tutorials before considering contributing to LifeWiki.

What have you noticed about "gramma stuff"?

MEisSCAMMER
Posts: 4
Joined: September 20th, 2022, 5:12 pm
Location: Yes
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by MEisSCAMMER » October 1st, 2022, 7:22 pm

At Two-glider octomino, there are (at least) two grammar mistakes:
- note (1) should be capitalized or put in parentheses,
- paragraph 3 of "Evolution" says "...the last beehive survives some longer...", while it should say "some time".
Why do you say "gramma" instead of "grammar"?

User avatar
Ian07
Posts: 869
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: New Jersey, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 » October 2nd, 2022, 9:00 am

MEisSCAMMER wrote:
October 1st, 2022, 7:22 pm
At Two-glider octomino, there are (at least) two grammar mistakes:
- note (1) should be capitalized or put in parentheses,
- paragraph 3 of "Evolution" says "...the last beehive survives some longer...", while it should say "some time".
Why do you say "gramma" instead of "grammar"?
Fixed, thanks for pointing these out.

P.S. If you have any edits you want done in the future, I'd suggest putting them in the Suggested LifeWiki edits thread rather than here, since this thread is for adding edit permissions to accounts.

MEisSCAMMER
Posts: 4
Joined: September 20th, 2022, 5:12 pm
Location: Yes
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by MEisSCAMMER » October 3rd, 2022, 4:43 pm

Yes, that is what I am trying to ask for. I was asked for examples of grammar problems, so I gave some.

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn » October 3rd, 2022, 7:00 pm

MEisSCAMMER wrote:
October 3rd, 2022, 4:43 pm
Yes, that is what I am trying to ask for. I was asked for examples of grammar problems, so I gave some.
Thanks! We try not to go in for snap judgments around here, but we're all probably just a bit nervous about granting access to someone who chose the handle "MEisSCAMMER"... Done!

get_Snacked
Posts: 42
Joined: August 20th, 2022, 10:51 pm
Location: Earth

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by get_Snacked » October 6th, 2022, 9:02 pm

my username is simply "Snacked," and all i plan on doing is just making user pages (e.g. the list of methuselahs that i posted in the thread for basic questions, each methuselah will get a name and its evolution will be recorded). can i have permissions, if you will insist?
icamehereforcodes#3645 on Discord.
if this is a 'discovery,' know there's most likely someone out there who has probably found this but does not have an account. to that, i'm sorry for stealing your idea.
i don't think any of my discoveries are helpful, so i always put them in the sandbox.

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn » October 6th, 2022, 9:40 pm

get_Snacked wrote:
October 6th, 2022, 9:02 pm
my username is simply "Snacked," and all i plan on doing is just making user pages (e.g. the list of methuselahs that i posted in the thread for basic questions, each methuselah will get a name and its evolution will be recorded). can i have permissions, if you will insist?
icamehereforcodes#3645 on Discord.
Done!

Cyclotrons
Posts: 72
Joined: January 26th, 2021, 12:19 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Cyclotrons » October 8th, 2022, 9:07 pm

requesting LifeWiki editing privileges

Username is the same as it is here.
I wrote a stdin script that generates random soups of a provided number of a given spaceship. It works for all (non-B0) spaceships in the INT rulespace!

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn » October 8th, 2022, 10:16 pm

Cyclotrons wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 9:07 pm
Username is the same as it is here.
A very good idea, by the way.
Cyclotrons wrote:
October 8th, 2022, 9:07 pm
requesting LifeWiki editing privileges...
Done!

Timelord Missionary
Posts: 6
Joined: May 8th, 2022, 8:20 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Timelord Missionary » October 15th, 2022, 6:49 pm

Ian07 wrote:
June 22nd, 2022, 5:56 pm
Timelord Missionary wrote:
June 22nd, 2022, 3:43 pm
Yeah, so, um, long story short, I used to have an account under the username, “Timelord Missionary,” but I forgot the password to it, so I set up another account using my real name as my user name... so yes.
Done!
Thank you very much!

Thir
Posts: 11
Joined: October 28th, 2022, 7:27 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Thir » October 28th, 2022, 7:29 am

hi can i have trusted??!?!
usrname is "Thir"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by dvgrn » October 28th, 2022, 9:28 am

Thir wrote:
October 28th, 2022, 7:29 am
hi can i have trusted??!?!
usrname is "Thir"
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Done!

Thir
Posts: 11
Joined: October 28th, 2022, 7:27 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Thir » October 28th, 2022, 11:07 am

tysm!!!

Megospace
Posts: 6
Joined: October 24th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Megospace » November 11th, 2022, 1:55 am

Hello, could I have editing privileges?
My username: "Megospace".

User avatar
Ian07
Posts: 869
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am
Location: New Jersey, US

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Ian07 » November 11th, 2022, 10:49 am

Megospace wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 1:55 am
Hello, could I have editing privileges?
My username: "Megospace".
Done!

000011110000
Posts: 1
Joined: November 12th, 2022, 11:42 am

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by 000011110000 » November 12th, 2022, 11:44 am

"you can request that your account be trusted by replying to this thread."
may i, please?;
will submit further verification if desired by proper administration authority/ie(s).
thank you in advance for your engagement with me; cool forum&&game.

Megospace
Posts: 6
Joined: October 24th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Re: LifeWiki Trusted Account Request Thread - Post requests here

Post by Megospace » November 13th, 2022, 1:35 am

Ian07 wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 10:49 am
Megospace wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 1:55 am
Hello, could I have editing privileges?
My username: "Megospace".
Done!
Thanks!

Post Reply