Extremely serious problem related to duplicate threads

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or home page function.
Citation needed

Extremely serious problem related to duplicate threads

Post by Citation needed » July 10th, 2024, 3:49 pm

The problem of duplicate threads is becoming more and more serious, especially in the Sandbox. There are a lot of "Destruction" threads that are just about using gliders or toggling cells to destruct.

Should we make a "sandbox sandbox" (it is like this one) so that new threads can be examined to prevent duplicates?

I'm sorry that this thread (ironically) may be a duplicate thread.

confocaloid

Re: Extremely serious problem related to duplicate threads

Post by confocaloid » July 10th, 2024, 3:56 pm

Citation needed

Post by Citation needed » July 10th, 2024, 5:01 pm

confocaloid wrote:
July 10th, 2024, 3:56 pm
search.php?keywords=awfully+serious
I'm probably getting to know why few people replied to me.
I guess that they are just making fun of me, especially my "mental nationality".

confocaloid

Post by confocaloid » July 10th, 2024, 5:46 pm

For the record, I like the idea of using gliders or toggling cells to destruct objects or otherwise cause reactions within a CA universe. I don't like unnecessary repetition, making fun of people who didn't previously do the same to me, or something gradually becoming more and more serious. However, I don't believe making a "sandbox sandbox" would resolve any of those issues.

I think unnecessary duplication, low-effort low-contribution activity, and other similar issues are already covered by forum rule #4. Whether or not currently active people on this website take that forum rule sufficiently seriously is to be determined.
Citation needed wrote:
July 10th, 2024, 3:49 pm
The problem of duplicate threads is becoming more and more serious, especially in the Sandbox. There are a lot of "Destruction" threads that are just about using gliders or toggling cells to destruct.

Should we make a "sandbox sandbox" [...]
Citation needed wrote:
July 10th, 2024, 5:01 pm
[...] I'm probably getting to know why few people replied to me.
I guess that they are just making fun of me, [...]
127:1 B3/S234c User:Confocal/R (isotropic CA, incomplete)
Unlikely events happen.
My silence does not imply agreement, nor indifference. If I disagreed with something in the past, then please do not construe my silence as something that could change that.