DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or home page function.
roolif

DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Post by roolif » September 2nd, 2020, 5:09 pm

Let's say that I'm sick of seeing my valuable screen space wasted by the consistently idiotic nonsenses written by a certain user.

I just discovered that there is a section in my user profile where I can set friend/foe lists. Foes, in his case. Luckily, it works, and I got rid of the posts by that user ( not entirely, there is a caption with a line that reads "C***********xyz, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post", and another one with a link to display it ). But other users keep on "feeding the troll", and my screen real state keeps on being wasted.

It would be wonderful to have all posts related to the - already filtered out - ones by that user removed too. Not a big deal, I don't know how friendly is the forum engine API, but it would be a very simple script, just parsing the message text and filtering out on any occurrence of that username.

Alternatively, It can be established a forum policy in which the system could reject messaging by a user, when that user reaches a tolerance threshold defined by a number - let's say, 50 - of ocurrences of the user in the foes list of the community.

Code: Select all

x = 13, y = 13, rule = LifeSuper
#C [[ NOGUI NOSOURCE HEIGHT 100 WIDTH 100 ]]
3A.3A.5A$A.A3.A$A.A.3A.A.A.A$A7.A3.A$A.5M.A.A.A$A9.A.A$A.5M.3A.A$A.M$
A.M.3M.D.D.D$2.M3.M3.D$3M.3M4D.D$M11.D$10M.2D!

Moosey

Re: DAMNATIO MEMORIAE

Post by Moosey » September 3rd, 2020, 8:56 am

roolif wrote:
September 2nd, 2020, 5:09 pm
Alternatively, It can be established a forum policy in which the system could reject messaging by a user, when that user reaches a tolerance threshold defined by a number - let's say, 50 - of ocurrences of the user in the foes list of the community.
This is when every troll makes 50 alts and blocks the people they don't like
not active here but active on discord