Suggested user deletions

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or wiki function.
Post Reply
User avatar
yujh
Posts: 2167
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: 我不觉得我迷路了,但是我不知道我在哪里
Contact:

Suggested user deletions

Post by yujh » April 2nd, 2021, 8:34 pm


User avatar
GUYTU6J
Posts: 1374
Joined: August 5th, 2016, 10:27 am
Location: 拆哪!I repeat, CHINA! (a.k.a. 种花家)
Contact:

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by GUYTU6J » April 2nd, 2021, 10:25 pm

As mentioned in previous discussion starting from here, only Nathaniel can delete spam accounts. However,
dvgrn wrote:
March 21st, 2021, 10:58 pm
...Nathaniel Johnston set up these pages over a decade ago, and he is still the only administrator of these forums. ...

I can't speak for Nathaniel, but I would guess that he is very unlikely to spend much time attempting to make any such custom changes. These days he is usually very busy teaching and writing books and raising young children, and so on and so forth. ...
Reporting a few individual cases with a new post causes clutter, as dvgrn said, so it may be better to send a long list of such spam accounts. These currently in my foe list which I'm sure are spambots (I have to disagree with Nathaniel — those with only a custom website associated to the account are clearly spambots, and they can easily tell from real contributers) are:

Code: Select all

<option value="2181">2thumbsup</option><option value="2511">Aimore</option><option value="2432">Askmeoffers</option><option value="1951">barryalen1992</option><option value="1154">begundal5a</option><option value="2186">berlin73</option><option value="1091">bernhardz</option><option value="1888">bestazy</option><option value="1897">BitGid</option><option value="2239">blanderdelpha</option><option value="2313">bridal87</option><option value="1603">Brodie111</option><option value="2404">brule petra</option><option value="2244">brulepetra</option><option value="1476">bukaji</option><option value="1675">Carlhartley</option><option value="2012">carolynphillips</option><option value="1573">caseyjason24</option><option value="2121">cavin12</option><option value="2232">Chandrakant7543</option><option value="2263">charleneliu</option><option value="2240">cheusulema</option><option value="2429">chloemac20</option><option value="2224">clippingimageexpert1</option><option value="1280">cloos</option><option value="2175">Corybantic</option><option value="2507">cparini</option><option value="1992">danielpaul</option><option value="952">david9091</option><option value="2148">dossgen</option><option value="2130">dossgenny</option><option value="2136">dossgenny007</option><option value="2308">edenmajamay</option><option value="1625">EdgarWeto</option><option value="773">Erkan Yilmaz</option><option value="1441">erriperry</option><option value="2265">evieferguson</option><option value="1159">fadhila</option><option value="2042">Faheemraza</option><option value="1407">faizan123</option><option value="717">fasisi</option><option value="2638">fbacker</option><option value="1053">fiezza</option><option value="1079">filomenaroberts</option><option value="788">Fliptop</option><option value="726">flok</option><option value="2541">Fonlos</option><option value="1162">franky2</option><option value="1122">furqan</option><option value="2076">garry02558</option><option value="2287">gaurav31</option><option value="1343">gjvuaetr</option><option value="1456">Goldahzdx</option><option value="1979">goldfingers</option><option value="1362">gulabgang</option><option value="2571">Harry99</option><option value="1199">harryluke</option><option value="2490">hatfield808</option><option value="1711">Heatherdonahue</option><option value="1304">heema</option><option value="1203">henn9438</option><option value="972">heri123</option><option value="2014">hiwilliam31</option><option value="2028">honglei</option><option value="2568">hooriya</option><option value="1386">hortncizigr</option><option value="2229">innovanagames</option><option value="1731">intern2byv</option><option value="883">IslandLeaper</option><option value="1077">jamesward</option><option value="1085">jasjohnie</option><option value="2169">jason89</option><option value="1298">jbrodak</option><option value="2058">jenifferleio12</option><option value="956">jereu71</option><option value="960">jeromywfez</option><option value="1651">jessica309</option><option value="2011">jessicachambers</option><option value="893">jhonebrin</option><option value="2057">johnmartin7042</option><option value="1927">JonWalter</option><option value="1371">Kahanho0</option><option value="1393">kanchabao</option><option value="2173">Kavitamarne</option><option value="1467">Kitsich</option><option value="2147">krishjane</option><option value="2236">Lazertag</option><option value="1353">Lewiscordo</option><option value="1052">liliana</option><option value="1254">liminho</option><option value="2182">Londa Gloss</option><option value="923">luthfinoor88</option><option value="2563">mahanoor</option><option value="2231">Mangesh2000</option><option value="2584">maniedrew</option><option value="2081">maria stella</option><option value="2026">markroy</option><option value="1834">maxme123</option><option value="2195">meghna31</option><option value="1116">michaeljee</option><option value="1670">Michaeltrio</option><option value="2085">mickey68768735</option><option value="1674">mike96</option><option value="1502">Miller30</option><option value="1415">mitchellbeatham31</option><option value="1160">mokomomo</option><option value="2567">Moraane</option><option value="2070">morfeus12</option><option value="1086">mrfriango</option><option value="913">mrkenneth</option><option value="1775">natta66</option><option value="2454">Navya Benibaal</option><option value="2233">Neha864</option><option value="2160">Nehasarkar</option><option value="1774">nickbradonn</option><option value="1653">Ninanim</option><option value="2255">NJOnlineCasinos</option><option value="1380">ohhteriiii</option><option value="2202">PadmeAmygdala</option><option value="2205">Pagaresav</option><option value="1806">pagepro</option><option value="2145">papergames</option><option value="1604">PatrickTraugott</option><option value="2296">price450</option><option value="1097">pricejunix</option><option value="2106">priya</option><option value="2469">prostudyly</option><option value="2270">RadhikaP</option><option value="950">ralph4769</option><option value="2167">rashiy</option><option value="1314">reeta</option><option value="2522">richardbowen</option><option value="2268">robertjohn2</option><option value="1607">RobertWalker</option><option value="2506">RobinS87</option><option value="1602">RonaldoRoss</option><option value="1064">rossoneri</option><option value="2304">Rskingdom</option><option value="2586">Rstarck</option><option value="2155">sahita123</option><option value="1359">sajjad321</option><option value="1949">SammyAlex</option><option value="1316">Scarlett</option><option value="1725">schwan</option><option value="2258">sedersmith</option><option value="1081">sezione</option><option value="1468">shandis</option><option value="2198">shardaghuge</option><option value="1686">shaunmarcell</option><option value="1143">sherrymark728</option><option value="2443">silkscale</option><option value="1315">SimonTheSorcerer</option><option value="2135">smrutibora</option><option value="1962">studyabroadlife</option><option value="1129">suman</option><option value="1410">Sumer</option><option value="2128">swara31</option><option value="2397">tarancepil7</option><option value="1487">taylor2545</option><option value="2331">teemeng01</option><option value="2448">Tgupta</option><option value="2525">thejellyfishbar</option><option value="2361">thorcaption5</option><option value="1227">tigadewa</option><option value="2178">tim96532</option><option value="1501">tmokbel1965</option><option value="955">tysonlee</option><option value="2103">vedika31</option><option value="2523">VIP-Grinders</option><option value="2524">VIP-GrindersBR</option><option value="2165">webhostnews</option><option value="2177">Webtoolsoffers</option><option value="1560">williamjohn</option><option value="1414">windowslasvegas369</option><option value="1368">Wizened</option><option value="1727">Wordpress</option><option value="2052">Xati</option><option value="962">zanepfez</option><option value="1310">zohaa</option><option value="1794">ZSchriefer1</option>
Lifequote:
In the drama The Peony Pavilion, Tang Xianzu wrote: 原来姹紫嫣红开遍,似这般都付与断井颓垣。
(Here multiflorate splendour blooms forlorn
Midst broken fountains, mouldering walls.)
I'm afraid there's arrival but no departure.
Stop Japan from dumping nuclear waste!

{censored}
Posts: 215
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 3:06 am
Location: {censored}

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by {censored} » April 8th, 2021, 12:48 pm

What about FWCamelship?He is either an alternative account of FWKnightship or a Trumpoid attacking him.
Hello!I am {censored}. I like doing {censored},{censored} and sometimes also {censored}. I live in {censored}.
Every day things are heating up more and more.
We must fight for the future of The Sandbox together!

Also,{censored}.

User avatar
yujh
Posts: 2167
Joined: February 27th, 2020, 11:23 pm
Location: 我不觉得我迷路了,但是我不知道我在哪里
Contact:

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by yujh » April 8th, 2021, 6:40 pm

{censored} wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 12:48 pm
What about FWCamelship?He is either an alternative account of FWKnightship or a Trumpoid attacking him.
No.
They discovered things in the OCA and are suspected to be Hunting.

{censored}
Posts: 215
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 3:06 am
Location: {censored}

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by {censored} » April 9th, 2021, 3:23 am

yujh wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 6:40 pm
{censored} wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 12:48 pm
What about FWCamelship?He is either an alternative account of FWKnightship or a Trumpoid attacking him.
No.
They discovered things in the OCA and are suspected to be Hunting.
Even if that is the case,he still maybe should be banned for impersonating.
Hello!I am {censored}. I like doing {censored},{censored} and sometimes also {censored}. I live in {censored}.
Every day things are heating up more and more.
We must fight for the future of The Sandbox together!

Also,{censored}.

FWCamelship
Posts: 12
Joined: April 7th, 2021, 3:35 am

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by FWCamelship » April 9th, 2021, 4:50 am

{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 3:23 am
yujh wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 6:40 pm
{censored} wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 12:48 pm
What about FWCamelship?He is either an alternative account of FWKnightship or a Trumpoid attacking him.
No.
They discovered things in the OCA and are suspected to be Hunting.
Even if that is the case,he still maybe should be banned for impersonating.
I disagree. I'm merely mimicking FWKnightship, and I did not put words in his mouth or do anything that would be bad to FWKnightship. This is an academic forum and all that matters is contribution. People like you, who ignore CA and start some pointless argument about people, makes me dislike this community, and I'm here only for posting CA discoveries.
Don't like the community, won't talk. Not alt of FWKnightship.

Looking at Amalgam

MARTIN GRANT REPLIED TO ME!!!!1

{censored}
Posts: 215
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 3:06 am
Location: {censored}

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by {censored} » April 9th, 2021, 5:06 am

FWCamelship wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 4:50 am
{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 3:23 am
yujh wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 6:40 pm


No.
They discovered things in the OCA and are suspected to be Hunting.
Even if that is the case,he still maybe should be banned for impersonating.
I disagree. I'm merely mimicking FWKnightship, and I did not put words in his mouth or do anything that would be bad to FWKnightship. This is an academic forum and all that matters is contribution. People like you, who ignore CA and start some pointless argument about people, makes me dislike this community, and I'm here only for posting CA discoveries.
I do not ignore CA,I just cannot contribute much because of my bad equipment. I am trying to make a productive atmosphere for others and help moderating, however.
Hello!I am {censored}. I like doing {censored},{censored} and sometimes also {censored}. I live in {censored}.
Every day things are heating up more and more.
We must fight for the future of The Sandbox together!

Also,{censored}.

FWCamelship
Posts: 12
Joined: April 7th, 2021, 3:35 am

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by FWCamelship » April 9th, 2021, 7:51 am

{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 5:06 am
FWCamelship wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 4:50 am
{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 3:23 am

Even if that is the case,he still maybe should be banned for impersonating.
I disagree. I'm merely mimicking FWKnightship, and I did not put words in his mouth or do anything that would be bad to FWKnightship. This is an academic forum and all that matters is contribution. People like you, who ignore CA and start some pointless argument about people, makes me dislike this community, and I'm here only for posting CA discoveries.
I do not ignore CA,I just cannot contribute much because of my bad equipment. I am trying to make a productive atmosphere for others and help moderating, however.
Then why do you judge people by their username and not their CA content?
Don't like the community, won't talk. Not alt of FWKnightship.

Looking at Amalgam

MARTIN GRANT REPLIED TO ME!!!!1

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 7856
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by dvgrn » April 9th, 2021, 9:02 am

{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 5:06 am
I am trying to make a productive atmosphere for others and help moderating, however.
It's good to hear that you're trying to contribute to a productive atmosphere.

It is the opinion of at least one moderator that it does not contribute to a productive atmosphere when wild accusations are made about some user being a spambot or a sockpuppet account. All that does is to start pointless arguments, which is the exact opposite of any kind of "help moderating". Everyone should please not do anything like that ever again.

The only place where that kind of accusation should come up is in reported posts, and people should take a deep breath and think very carefully before creating those. Some people here on the forums seem to form strong opinions and be very certain of them, apparently without any hard evidence.

Imagine that you could be taken to court and forced to prove in front of a judge that your allegations are true, or else face jail time and a hefty fine for libel. Do your vague suspicions really have evidence backing them, that holds up to the standard of convincing everyone beyond a reasonable doubt? If not, then your accusations are very likely to be wrong, irresponsible, and somewhat toxic, so don't post them anywhere.

There's no big hurry. These things sort themselves out eventually. Truth is the daughter of time.

{censored}
Posts: 215
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 3:06 am
Location: {censored}

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by {censored} » April 9th, 2021, 9:39 am

dvgrn wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 9:02 am
{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 5:06 am
I am trying to make a productive atmosphere for others and help moderating, however.
It's good to hear that you're trying to contribute to a productive atmosphere.

It is the opinion of at least one moderator that it does not contribute to a productive atmosphere when wild accusations are made about some user being a spambot or a sockpuppet account. All that does is to start pointless arguments, which is the exact opposite of any kind of "help moderating". Everyone should please not do anything like that ever again.

The only place where that kind of accusation should come up is in reported posts, and people should take a deep breath and think very carefully before creating those. Some people here on the forums seem to form strong opinions and be very certain of them, apparently without any hard evidence.

Imagine that you could be taken to court and forced to prove in front of a judge that your allegations are true, or else face jail time and a hefty fine for libel. Do your vague suspicions really have evidence backing them, that holds up to the standard of convincing everyone beyond a reasonable doubt? If not, then your accusations are very likely to be wrong, irresponsible, and somewhat toxic, so don't post them anywhere.

There's no big hurry. These things sort themselves out eventually. Truth is the daughter of time.
Yes,I agree about the large part,but I have to say that this is taking place out of the region where people should be productive and is mostly,if not completely unrelated.
However,I think that this is a topic worth discussing, because that account's username is clearly related to the one of FWKnightship and is probably either his alternative account,a Trumpoid (guess yourself what that means) or another user behaving like it and having an account just for the fun of doing it (in this concrete case some suspect it to be Hunting),with the possibility of it being a completely independent account being reduced to practically zero and is extremely unlikely to be the case.
Interesting fact:It is possible that I saw yujh quoting me in my notifications box but it was actually FWCamelship. Maybe it was just an error but maybe also it could be pointing at something.
Please do not ban me,I am just trying to protect this place from possible danger.
Hello!I am {censored}. I like doing {censored},{censored} and sometimes also {censored}. I live in {censored}.
Every day things are heating up more and more.
We must fight for the future of The Sandbox together!

Also,{censored}.

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 7856
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by dvgrn » April 9th, 2021, 12:27 pm

{censored} wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 9:39 am
...is probably either his alternative account,a Trumpoid (guess yourself what that means) or another user behaving like it and having an account just for the fun of doing it (in this concrete case some suspect it to be Hunting),with the possibility of it being a completely independent account being reduced to practically zero and is extremely unlikely to be the case.
...
Please do not ban me,I am just trying to protect this place from possible danger.
I'm not going to ban anyone, I'm just going to say again:

that's all way, way too much pointless speculation with zero hard facts to back it up. Just cut it out, please.

If FWCamelship, or anyone else, starts doing things that are blatantly against the forum rules, that will get reported and we'll deal with it then. Since FWCamelship hasn't done any such thing, please leave them alone and stop spreading wild theories about them. An IP address comparison shows no likely connection to Hunting. If I wanted to spend time on an big IP address survey, maybe I could find a match with some other user, and maybe I couldn't.

At the moment, doing a lot of detective work would be a complete waste of time -- because FWCamelship hasn't done anything other than pick a clever username that makes for some reason makes you suspicious. There are no forum rules against that.

Your intentions are obviously good, but so far you've inadvertently caused more damage to the "productive atmosphere" of the forums, than FWCamelship ever has. How would you feel if somebody repeatedly accused your {censored} account -- which could also be considered a "highly suspicious" username choice, by the way! -- of being a sockpuppet for some other user? When there's no hard evidence, this kind of thing is just a pointless noisy distraction.

{censored}
Posts: 215
Joined: August 30th, 2020, 3:06 am
Location: {censored}

Re: Suggested user deletions

Post by {censored} » April 9th, 2021, 1:26 pm

Allright. I am not always sure. By the way posting here is not doing any damage to that kind of atmosphere I believe since this part of the forum is not really the one where people go for doing something productive.
Thanks for (hopefully) understanding me.
Sorry, FWCamelship. Perhaps I do not know how to deal with some things well.
Hello!I am {censored}. I like doing {censored},{censored} and sometimes also {censored}. I live in {censored}.
Every day things are heating up more and more.
We must fight for the future of The Sandbox together!

Also,{censored}.

Post Reply