Its it a stub? Is it notable?

For discussion directly related to ConwayLife.com, such as requesting changes to how the forums or wiki function.
Book

Its it a stub? Is it notable?

Post by Book » January 5th, 2022, 5:10 pm

Is the Cis-mirrored worm notable? Is the article a stub? I ask because there are numerous such articles about seemingly uncommon and/or non-notable patterns.

dvgrn

Re: Its it a stub? Is it notable?

Post by dvgrn » January 5th, 2022, 6:06 pm

Book wrote:
January 5th, 2022, 5:10 pm
Is the Cis-mirrored worm notable? Is the article a stub? I ask because there are numerous such articles about seemingly uncommon and/or non-notable patterns.
There's not much more to say about cis-mirrored worm, so it's not a stub. Four people have worked on it, so it's... a little more likely to be notable, or at least notable enough that there's no point in deleting it once it has been created.

A lot of our small-object pages are in that Sorta Notable category. This one is a reasonable sample of what "cis" means as opposed to "trans", and what "mirrored" means, and what a worm looks like in a stable pattern.

On the other hand, there isn't any trans-mirrored worm or trans-rotated worm (Catagolue's name for the trans version) page at the moment, and I hope nobody will be in any particular hurry to create one.

That probably isn't a really good answer to your question, but it's the kind of gut-feeling decision making that tends to get made about these kinds of questions. Separate pages for all objects up to that size would obviously be Way Too Many Articles, so we tend to compromise and have just ... whichever articles people thought it was worth creating. Except we have to gently discourage some people from creating too many articles sometimes.