The Unholy Trinity of Special:BrokenRedirects

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
muzik

The Unholy Trinity of Special:BrokenRedirects

Post by muzik » February 7th, 2022, 7:40 am

https://conwaylife.com/wiki/Special:BrokenRedirects

Currently, these three pages have been listed for a while:

ConwayLife.com:About → ConwayLife.com2:About
ConwayLife.com:Help → ConwayLife.com2:Help
RLE:lobster → RLE:83p7h1v1

I've tried my hand at fixing the third one several times, however have been unsuccessful. It's without a doubt linked to it having been created before RLE was a proper namespace, and is implied to have been created with a lowercase figure directly after the comma, which becomes an impossibility for namespaces, meaning there's likely some redirect trapped in limbo as a result. (For a likely similar reason, AncientPages reports RLE:loafer as having last been edited in 2016 despite it having revisions from 2021).

Any way these can finally be purged from the list and order restored to BrokenRedirects?

muzik

Re: The Unholy Trinity of Special:BrokenRedirects

Post by muzik » February 7th, 2022, 10:28 am

I've since moved the proper RLE:Lobster and RLE:Loafer pages out of the way in case deleting their prior positions actually works with that done.

muzik

Post by muzik » February 8th, 2022, 10:43 am

It should also be noted that RLE:loafer, the other RLE page in a limbo state, is also present on Special:ShortPages, Special:UncategorizedPages and Special:DeadEndPages.

muzik

Post by muzik » February 8th, 2022, 11:31 am

After 6 years, we have finally managed to slay this beast, and BrokenRedirects shall once more fall into its continued slumber.

Special thanks to MarkusRost over at the minecraft wiki for making this possible!