https://www.trevorrow.com/golly/golly-4.2b1-mac.dmg (macOS 10.11+)
https://www.trevorrow.com/golly/golly-4 ... -64bit.zip (Windows 7+, 64-bit)
https://www.trevorrow.com/golly/golly-4 ... bit.tar.gz (Linux, 64-bit, built on Mint 20)
https://www.trevorrow.com/golly/golly-4.2b1-src.tar.gz (source code)
Here is the list of changes:
* The default stack size for Golly (and bgolly) on Windows has been increased from 1MB to 32MB.
* Fixed a bug in script commands like g.setpos that accept integers as strings (negative values < -1 billion were not parsed correctly).
* Fixed a number of bugs that could result in an "illegal operation while calculating" warning (after which Golly usually crashed).
* Performance improvements to Larger than Life NL (Triangular) and NB (Checkerboard) rules.
* Updated Lua to version 5.4.4. All Lua functions that take a file path (dofile, io.open, etc) now support UTF-8 paths on Windows.
* Added support for https links when downloading files from the online archives.
* Lots of new patterns (see Help > Changes for details).
If you build Golly from source then please note that wxWidgets 3.1.5 or later is required. On macOS and Linux, libcurl is used for https support, so Linux users will probably need to do something like this:
Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev