Thread for basic questions

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 6011
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by dvgrn » April 4th, 2019, 8:55 pm

danny wrote:I think of something like this 5G:

Code: Select all

x = 34, y = 22, rule = B3/S23
32bo$31bo$31b3o4$18bo4bo$19b2obo$18b2o2b3o2$8b2o$7bobo$7bo$6b2o2$5bo$
5b2o$4bobo2$bo$b2o$obo!
Huh, yes, that looks promising. It's too bad that this doesn't _quite_ work:

Code: Select all

x = 76, y = 76, rule = LifeHistory
69.A$68.A$68.3A3$2.A$A.A$.2A59.A$60.2A$61.2A4$7.A.A$8.2A$8.A5$49.A$
48.A$48.3A3$22.A$20.A.A$21.2A19.A$40.2A$41.2A4$27.A.A$28.2A$28.A5$47.
A$46.2A$46.A.A4$33.2A$34.2A$33.A19.2A$53.A.A$53.A3$25.3A$27.A$26.A5$
67.A$66.2A$66.A.A4$13.2A$14.2A$13.A59.2A$73.A.A$73.A3$5.3A$7.A$6.A!
But your example does make it seem like there's something with fewer gliders anyway.

EDIT: I think an Official Ruling is needed on whether the object is allowed to disappear temporarily while "eating" the gliders, along the lines of the transparent debris effect. If you weren't paying attention to what happens for a few ticks in the second-round synthesis, then these four gliders would be a solution -- right?

Code: Select all

x = 52, y = 56, rule = LifeHistory
49.A$49.A.A$49.2A3$2.A$A.A$.2A9$33.A$33.A.A$33.2A3$18.A$16.A.A$17.2A
4$22.2D$23.D$20.3D$20.D3$27.2A$27.A.A$27.A2$31.2A$30.2A$32.A10$43.2A$
43.A.A$43.A2$47.2A$46.2A$48.A!

User avatar
danny
Posts: 969
Joined: October 27th, 2017, 3:43 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by danny » April 5th, 2019, 6:57 pm

dvgrn wrote:EDIT: I think an Official Ruling is needed on whether the object is allowed to disappear temporarily while "eating" the gliders, along the lines of the transparent debris effect. If you weren't paying attention to what happens for a few ticks in the second-round synthesis, then these four gliders would be a solution -- right?
It works, technically, but I really want to see one without
she/her // danielle

"I'm always on duty, even when I'm off duty." -Cody Kolodziejzyk, Ph.D.

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 6011
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by dvgrn » April 6th, 2019, 10:38 am

danny wrote:
dvgrn wrote:EDIT: I think an Official Ruling is needed on whether the object is allowed to disappear temporarily while "eating" the gliders, along the lines of the transparent debris effect. If you weren't paying attention to what happens for a few ticks in the second-round synthesis, then these four gliders would be a solution -- right?
It works, technically, but I really want to see one without
Okay -- your wish is my command:

Code: Select all

x = 1513, y = 3230, rule = B3/S23
o$b2o$2o3$4bobo$5b2o$5bo4$10bobo$11b2o$11bo12$24bobo$25b2o$25bo20$48bo
$49bo$47b3o6$56bo$57bo$55b3o27$85bo$86bo$84b3o4$91bo$92bo$90b3o23$114b
obo$115b2o$115bo15$133bo$134bo$132b3o5$139bo$140b2o$139b2o5$146bo$147b
2o$146b2o33$182bo$183bo$181b3o13$196bo$197b2o$196b2o34$233bo$234bo$
232b3o8$243bo$244bo$242b3o12$256bo$257b2o$256b2o26$285bo$283bobo$284b
2o4$289bobo$290b2o$290bo12$305bo$306bo$304b3o22$328bo$329b2o$328b2o20$
350bo$351b2o$350b2o6$359bo$357bobo$358b2o21$382bo$383bo$381b3o10$393bo
$394b2o$393b2o25$421bo$422bo$420b3o8$431bo$429bobo$430b2o3$436bo$437bo
$435b3o8$445bo$446b2o$445b2o3$450bo$451b2o$450b2o6$457bobo$458b2o$458b
o$462bo$463bo$461b3o15$478bo$479b2o$478b2o21$502bo$500bobo$501b2o7$
511bo$512bo$510b3o488$1000bo$1001b2o$1000b2o3$1004bobo$1005b2o$1005bo
4$1010bobo$1011b2o$1011bo12$1024bobo$1025b2o$1025bo20$1048bo$1049bo$
1047b3o6$1056bo$1057bo$1055b3o27$1085bo$1086bo$1084b3o4$1091bo$1092bo$
1090b3o23$1114bobo$1115b2o$1115bo15$1133bo$1134bo$1132b3o5$1139bo$
1140b2o$1139b2o5$1146bo$1147b2o$1146b2o33$1182bo$1183bo$1181b3o13$
1196bo$1197b2o$1196b2o34$1233bo$1234bo$1232b3o8$1243bo$1244bo$1242b3o
12$1256bo$1257b2o$1256b2o26$1285bo$1283bobo$1284b2o4$1289bobo$1290b2o$
1290bo12$1305bo$1306bo$1304b3o22$1328bo$1329b2o$1328b2o20$1350bo$1351b
2o$1350b2o6$1359bo$1357bobo$1358b2o21$1382bo$1383bo$1381b3o10$1393bo$
1394b2o$1393b2o25$1421bo$1422bo$1420b3o8$1431bo$1429bobo$1430b2o3$
1436bo$1437bo$1435b3o8$1445bo$1446b2o$1445b2o3$1450bo$1451b2o$1450b2o
6$1457bobo$1458b2o$1458bo$1462bo$1463bo$1461b3o15$1478bo$1479b2o$1478b
2o21$1502bo$1500bobo$1501b2o7$1511bo$1512bo$1510b3o205$1510b3o$1512bo$
1511bo7$1501b2o$1500bobo$1502bo21$1478b2o$1479b2o$1478bo15$1461b3o$
1463bo$1462bo$1458bo$1458b2o$1457bobo6$1450b2o$1451b2o$1450bo3$1445b2o
$1446b2o$1445bo8$1435b3o$1437bo$1436bo3$1430b2o$1429bobo$1431bo8$1420b
3o$1422bo$1421bo25$1393b2o$1394b2o$1393bo10$1381b3o$1383bo$1382bo21$
1358b2o$1357bobo$1359bo6$1350b2o$1351b2o$1350bo20$1328b2o$1329b2o$
1328bo22$1304b3o$1306bo$1305bo12$1290bo$1290b2o$1289bobo4$1284b2o$
1283bobo$1285bo26$1256b2o$1257b2o$1256bo12$1242b3o$1244bo$1243bo8$
1232b3o$1234bo$1233bo34$1196b2o$1197b2o$1196bo13$1181b3o$1183bo$1182bo
33$1146b2o$1147b2o$1146bo5$1139b2o$1140b2o$1139bo5$1132b3o$1134bo$
1133bo15$1115bo$1115b2o$1114bobo23$1090b3o$1092bo$1091bo4$1084b3o$
1086bo$1085bo27$1055b3o$1057bo$1056bo6$1047b3o$1049bo$1048bo20$1025bo$
1025b2o$1024bobo12$1011bo$1011b2o$1010bobo4$1005bo$1005b2o$1004bobo3$
1000b2o$1001b2o$1000bo488$510b3o$512bo$511bo7$501b2o$500bobo$502bo21$
478b2o$479b2o$478bo15$461b3o$463bo$462bo$458bo$458b2o$457bobo6$450b2o$
451b2o$450bo3$445b2o$446b2o$445bo8$435b3o$437bo$436bo3$430b2o$429bobo$
431bo8$420b3o$422bo$421bo25$393b2o$394b2o$393bo10$381b3o$383bo$382bo
21$358b2o$357bobo$359bo6$350b2o$351b2o$350bo20$328b2o$329b2o$328bo22$
304b3o$306bo$305bo12$290bo$290b2o$289bobo4$284b2o$283bobo$285bo26$256b
2o$257b2o$256bo12$242b3o$244bo$243bo8$232b3o$234bo$233bo34$196b2o$197b
2o$196bo13$181b3o$183bo$182bo33$146b2o$147b2o$146bo5$139b2o$140b2o$
139bo5$132b3o$134bo$133bo15$115bo$115b2o$114bobo23$90b3o$92bo$91bo4$
84b3o$86bo$85bo27$55b3o$57bo$56bo6$47b3o$49bo$48bo20$25bo$25b2o$24bobo
12$11bo$11b2o$10bobo4$5bo$5b2o$4bobo3$2o$b2o$o!
#C [[ X 550 Z -3 STEP 9 ]]
... A reasonable-sized version is left as an exercise for the reader.

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 2718
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board.
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Moosey » April 7th, 2019, 8:17 am

Would it be possible to make a pattern which has a gun firing into a line of semi snarks and which after awhile tags another semisnark onto the end? At what rate would it grow? Olog(t)? Oslog(t)? I assume it’s the former.
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

User avatar
Macbi
Posts: 704
Joined: March 29th, 2009, 4:58 am

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Macbi » April 7th, 2019, 8:49 am

Moosey wrote:Would it be possible to make a pattern which has a gun firing into a line of semi snarks and which after awhile tags another semisnark onto the end? At what rate would it grow? Olog(t)? Oslog(t)? I assume it’s the former.
It's rate of growth would be inversely proportional to two to the power of its current length. Which means it would grow like O(log t).
You would have to use slow-salvo single-channel technology, which I've done some work on before. Possibly in this very thread.

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 6011
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by dvgrn » April 8th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Macbi wrote:
Moosey wrote:Would it be possible to make a pattern which has a gun firing into a line of semi snarks and which after awhile tags another semisnark onto the end? At what rate would it grow? Olog(t)? Oslog(t)? I assume it’s the former.
It's rate of growth would be inversely proportional to two to the power of its current length. Which means it would grow like O(log t).
You would have to use slow-salvo single-channel technology, which I've done some work on before. Possibly in this very thread.
It's a little tricky, at least assuming that you want each new semi-Snark to take (roughly) twice as as much time to be added as the previous one.

Answering The Wrong Question First
Just following the above requirement as it's written is fairly trivial: line up two semi-Snarks in their "absorb" phase with an elbow and an initial hand target, and figure out how far away the next hand target has to be to build the same thing again, lined up in a chain. Put a block in that next hand location, compile the whole thing with slsparse, and build a memory-loop gun for the recipe that comes out.

Even if you have a low-period gun firing into the upper end of the chain, as long as you start with a few dozen semi-Snarks so that the period of the whole chain is greater than the period of the loop gun, you don't have to worry about doing anything with the gliders coming out the far end, because there will never be any.

Okay, You Actually Want The Semi-Snarks To Do Something...
The problem gets a bit more painful if you want an output glider from the semi-Snark chain to trigger the construction of the next pair of semi-Snarks. You'll still have a memory-loop gun holding more or less the same recipe, but now you probably ought to add a construction for something like a one-time G-to-*WSS converter -- like knightlife's four-block one:

Code: Select all

x = 111, y = 80, rule = LifeHistory
7.A$8.A$6.3A8$17.A$18.A$16.3A11$74.A$72.3A$71.A$63.2A6.2A$63.A.A3.4B$
64.A.5B$65.7B$37.A27.4B2A4B.B$38.A26.4B2A3B.B2A$36.3A26.11B2A$65.9B.
2B$60.2B2.10B$59.2A13B$59.2A13B$60.2B.11B$63.9B.B2A$65.7B.BA.A$47.A
16.7B5.A$48.A14.8B5.2A$46.3AB12.4B2.4B$47.4B10.4B4.4B$48.4B8.4B6.4B$
49.4B6.4B8.4B$A9.A9.A9.A9.A9.4B4.4B10.4B$51.4B2.4B12.4B$52.8B5.2A$53.
7B5.A$54.7B.BA.A$52.9B.B2A$49.2B.11B$48.2A13B$48.2A13B$49.2B2.10B$54.
9B.2B$54.11B2A$54.4B2A3B.B2A$54.4B2A4B.B$54.7B$53.A.5B$52.A.A3.4B$52.
2A6.2A47.2A$60.A48.2A$61.3A$63.A39.2A$103.2A5$109.2A$109.2A5$102.2A$
102.2A!
Then feed that MWSS through an MWSS-to-G and into a regulator driven by a gun the same period as the memory loop. Set it up to open a switch and let out one copy of the single-channel recipe, then close the switch again.

You kind of need the universal regulator mechanism, because otherwise the time when the signal returns from the end of the semi-Snark chain is too unpredictable. I mean, you could build some counting circuitry to predict it, but it's easier to just use a regulator.

Fewer Semi-Snarks To Build, But Not Really Simpler
An interesting variant of this would be to build the semi-Snark chain in a spiral, around and around the memory-loop gun. Then your recipe could be for just one semi-Snark instead of a pair of them, plus a regular Snark, plus an MWSS seed, plus the next target hand block in a place where the recipe can pick it up on the next trip around the spiral.

The MWSS could cross the spiral directly back to the center -- from one of four directions, so you'd need a little extra circuitry to collect all those possible signals and feed them into the regulator to let the next semi-Snark recipe out.

The recipe won't go into the spiral semi-Snark chain, of course -- well, actually it _could_, perfectly well, but it also has to be fed into the parallel spiral of Snarks, so that it gets to the outside of the spiral undamaged to do its construction work, no matter how long the spiral gets.

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 2718
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board.
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Moosey » April 11th, 2019, 7:33 pm

What’s the smallest G predecessor consisting of isolated dots?
It is smaller than this:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
3.A.A$10.A$3.A3.A$5.A3.A.A3.A$3.A3.A5.A$5.A5.A3.A$7.A.A3.A$11.A$A.A.A
.A2$.A.A.A3$7.A.A2$6.A.A.A!
Are there any predecessors for this dot parent?

Code: Select all

x = 21, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
3bobobobobobobobo$3bobobobobobobobo$2b17o$19o$2b3o2b3obob2o3b3o$5obob
2obob2ob3o$2b3o3b2o3b2o3b3o$5obob3ob3ob3o$2b3o2b4ob3o3b3o$19o$2b19o$2b
17o$3bobobobobobobobo$3bobobobobobobobo!
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 6011
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by dvgrn » April 11th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Moosey wrote:What’s the smallest G predecessor consisting of isolated dots?
It is smaller than this:

Code: Select all

x = 16, y = 16, rule = B3/S23...
Probably smaller than this, too, but I don't think I'm going to find out without writing an enumerator script for dot patterns:

Code: Select all

x = 8, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
2bobo2$obobo2$bobobobo2$4bobo!
Have you tried JavaLifeSearch on that "BYE" pattern? It's big enough that I don't know if you'll get an answer in a reasonable amount of time, but it might be worth a try.

wildmyron
Posts: 1299
Joined: August 9th, 2013, 12:45 am

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by wildmyron » April 11th, 2019, 11:16 pm

Moosey wrote:Are there any predecessors for this dot parent?

Code: Select all

x = 21, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
3bobobobobobobobo$3bobobobobobobobo$2b17o$19o$2b3o2b3obob2o3b3o$5obob
2obob2ob3o$2b3o3b2o3b2o3b3o$5obob3ob3ob3o$2b3o2b4ob3o3b3o$19o$2b19o$2b
17o$3bobobobobobobobo$3bobobobobobobobo!
JLS reports 872 predecessors in a 23x16 bounding box. I don't believe there are any in a smaller bounding box. For this search, careful selection of the search order doesn't seem to be required, but it can speed the search up somewhat (20s to find all solutions rather than 3 minutes). From my previous experience the SAT solvers are better at this kind of task. LLS can easily be set up to find a predecessor solution, and Tom Rokicki wrote a Golly Lua script to do the same using glucose. I haven't been able to get that script to read the solutions back in properly on Windows unfortunately, but it should work well in Linux and MacOS. Neither of those tools is particularly efficient at finding all solutions, but that can be done by modifying them to use iglucose instead.

And here's a randomly selected predecessor:

Code: Select all

x = 23, y = 16, rule = B3/S23
3bo5bo3bo5bo$5bobo3bo3bobo2bo$4bo2bo2bo2bo2bo2b4o$bobo5bo3bo5b2o$4bob
2o2bobobob2o$obo2bo2bo2bo3bobo2b3o$3bo2b2o2bobobo2b3o$2bo2bobobo2b2obo
4b3o$4bo2b2o2b2o3b2o$b2o2bo2bo2bo3bobob4o$4bob2o2bo2b2ob2o2bo$o2bo5bo
2bo8b2o$2bo2bo2bo2bo3bo2b2o$4bob2o2bobob3obo$2bobobobobobobo3bo$2bobob
obobobobo2bo!
The latest version of the 5S Project contains over 226,000 spaceships. There is also a GitHub mirror of the collection. Tabulated pages up to period 160 (out of date) are available on the LifeWiki.

User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 512
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Gustone » April 12th, 2019, 11:18 am

How do I install gfind?
I like making conduits

googoIpIex
Posts: 253
Joined: February 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm
Location: Sqrt(-1)

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by googoIpIex » April 12th, 2019, 11:28 am

Download gfind from here:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/ca/gfind.c

And then compile with gcc -O3 -o gfind gfind.c
woomy on a vroomy

User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 512
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Gustone » April 12th, 2019, 12:35 pm

googoIpIex wrote:Download gfind from here:
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/ca/gfind.c

And then compile with gcc -O3 -o gfind gfind.c
How do i compile it? With what? What program do I use?
I like making conduits

googoIpIex
Posts: 253
Joined: February 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm
Location: Sqrt(-1)

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by googoIpIex » April 12th, 2019, 12:51 pm

What OS are you using?
woomy on a vroomy

Ian07
Posts: 377
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 8:48 am

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Ian07 » April 12th, 2019, 2:51 pm

Gustone wrote: How do i compile it? With what? What program do I use?
The wiki has a tutorial on compiling C code.

User avatar
Gustone
Posts: 512
Joined: March 6th, 2019, 2:26 am

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Gustone » April 12th, 2019, 4:26 pm

googoIpIex wrote:What OS are you using?
Windows 7? Ultimate? 64 bit?
I like making conduits

Hunting
Posts: 1117
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Hunting » April 14th, 2019, 8:56 am

Really stupid question but I just can't use Rhombic's script because I don't have python on my dad's computer.

Uh, what will the rule behaves if I construct a MAP rule, which is same as CGOL, except when a cell has the left-upper neighbour on and other neighbours off, the center cell state is toggled.
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:

Code: Select all

#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 2718
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board.
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Moosey » April 14th, 2019, 9:00 am

Hunting wrote:Really stupid question but I just can't use Rhombic's script because I don't have python on my dad's computer.

Uh, what will the rule behaves if I construct a MAP rule, which is same as CGOL, except when a cell has the left-upper neighbour on and other neighbours off, the center cell state is toggled.
Explodes in the lower right direction very quickly (grows at C diagonal) and the other directions slowly.
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

Hunting
Posts: 1117
Joined: September 11th, 2017, 2:54 am
Location: Ponyville, Equestria

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Hunting » April 15th, 2019, 12:18 am

Moosey wrote:
Hunting wrote:Really stupid question but I just can't use Rhombic's script because I don't have python on my dad's computer.

Uh, what will the rule behaves if I construct a MAP rule, which is same as CGOL, except when a cell has the left-upper neighbour on and other neighbours off, the center cell state is toggled.
Explodes in the lower right direction very quickly (grows at C diagonal) and the other directions slowly.
Oh, could you please show me the rule?
This post was brought to you by the Element of Magic.

Plz correct my grammar mistakes. I'm still studying English.

Working on:

Nothing.

Favorite gun ever:

Code: Select all

#C Favorite Gun. Found by me.
x = 4, y = 6, rule = B2e3i4at/S1c23cijn4a
o2bo$4o3$4o$o2bo!

User avatar
Moosey
Posts: 2718
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 5:54 pm
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board.
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Moosey » April 15th, 2019, 8:01 am

Hunting wrote:
Moosey wrote:
Hunting wrote:Really stupid question but I just can't use Rhombic's script because I don't have python on my dad's computer.

Uh, what will the rule behaves if I construct a MAP rule, which is same as CGOL, except when a cell has the left-upper neighbour on and other neighbours off, the center cell state is toggled.
Explodes in the lower right direction very quickly (grows at C diagonal) and the other directions slowly.
Oh, could you please show me the rule?
No. I don’t have it. Right now.
I am a prolific creator of many rather pathetic googological functions

My CA rules can be found here

Also, the tree game
Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

Naszvadi
Posts: 383
Joined: May 7th, 2016, 8:53 am
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by Naszvadi » April 22nd, 2019, 7:10 am

Moore-neighbourhood, E^2 lattice:
There is a nontrivial set of cellular automata rules between isotropic nontotalistic and outer-totalistic set, where only the number of diagonal and orthogonal neigbours count. Using Hensel-notation, only the following rulestring parts are valid in a birth or survival section:
  • 0 diagonal, 0 orthogonal: 0
  • 1 d., 0 o.: 1c
  • 0 d., 1 o.: 1e
  • 2 d., 0 o.: 2cn
  • 1 d., 1 o.: 2ak
  • 0 d., 2 o.: 2ei
  • 3 d., 0 o.: 3c
  • 2 d., 1 o.: 3inqy
  • 1 d., 2 o.: 3akjr
  • 0 d., 3 o.: 3e
  • ...
and so on.
Is it worth to list already investigated nontotalistic rules if they fit into the above category?

googoIpIex
Posts: 253
Joined: February 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm
Location: Sqrt(-1)

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by googoIpIex » April 23rd, 2019, 9:32 am

Gustone wrote:
googoIpIex wrote:What OS are you using?
Windows 7? Ultimate? 64 bit?
If you have windows 7, then I would use Cygwin (google it). When the installer asks you what modules to install, select gcc.
woomy on a vroomy

googoIpIex
Posts: 253
Joined: February 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm
Location: Sqrt(-1)

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by googoIpIex » April 23rd, 2019, 4:01 pm

is there any converter which changes a boat bit to face the other way?

Code: Select all

x = 38, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
16bo2$bo16bo$obobo26b2obo$b2ob3o5bobobobobo9bobob3o$7bo23bo5bo$6b2o10b
o17b2o2$16bo!
woomy on a vroomy

User avatar
dvgrn
Moderator
Posts: 6011
Joined: May 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by dvgrn » April 23rd, 2019, 4:19 pm

googoIpIex wrote:is there any converter which changes a boat bit to face the other way?
Is it okay to cheat?

Code: Select all

x = 27, y = 32, rule = B3/S23
21bo$21bobo$21b2o7$11bo$9bobo$10b2o3$15bo$14bobobo$15b2ob3o$21bo$20b2o
6$b2o$obo$2bo3$25b2o$24b2o$26bo!

googoIpIex
Posts: 253
Joined: February 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm
Location: Sqrt(-1)

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by googoIpIex » April 23rd, 2019, 9:49 pm

What is the fastest repeat time hNN to X?
woomy on a vroomy

googoIpIex
Posts: 253
Joined: February 28th, 2019, 4:49 pm
Location: Sqrt(-1)

Re: Thread for basic questions

Post by googoIpIex » April 26th, 2019, 3:33 pm

How would I find Elbow operations to use with an overclocked silver reflector?
woomy on a vroomy

Post Reply