Beta Reader Thread for Game of Life Textbook

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
dvgrn

Re: Beta Reader Thread for Game of Life Textbook

Post by dvgrn » December 20th, 2021, 10:33 pm

There's a new build of the Life textbook up on the book website. Everything that's marked as having been fixed in the posts above is supposed to be fixed, so please feel free to re-mention things that were mentioned before if they still seem to be broken.

There are still very likely to be typos and mistakes that haven't been found yet, especially in the second half of the book. I found an uncaught typo in Chapter 4 yesterday, for example, and Nathaniel found one in the exercises in Chapter 12.

So... if anyone has some holiday time available and would be interested in claiming a chapter and doing an extra-close reading of it, that would be greatly appreciated! Especially Chapter 8 needs somebody to have a fresh look at it, since it's rumored to have p49 and p51 true-period guns in it now.

I'll be working through Chapter 5 next.

Sokwe

Post by Sokwe » December 21st, 2021, 1:58 am

Sokwe wrote:
October 15th, 2021, 7:48 am
The pdf bookmark for Appendix A.3 does not include the $\Theta$. It should be solvable by replacing line 78 of appendix_math.tex with the following:

Code: Select all

\section{Big-\texorpdfstring{$\Theta$}{\unichar{"0398}} Notation}\label{sec:bigO}
While there are other Unicode thetas, U+0398 is the earliest, so it should work with the widest range of PDF viewers. dvgrn 10/15: checked in for today's compile NJ 10/15: I ran into some encoding issues when trying to compile, so I changed it so that it displays the Theta symbol in the section title, but the word "Theta" (not the symbol) in the bookmark.
I'm curious about what didn't work here. It seems to work for me when compiling with MikTeX through TeXworks. I didn't add any options to any packages either. I simply made the single-line change that I proposed in the quoted post. Of course, this is an extremely low priority, so feel free to ignore it.
-Matthias Merzenich

rowett

Post by rowett » December 21st, 2021, 3:34 am

Typos from December 17 2021 version.

Page 91
... start close to each other and move _father_ apart...

Page 212
... good qualities (_constructibility_, merge capability...

Page 219
... so that if a pair of input gliders _is has_ a separation...

Page 251
... the trade-off is _the each_ loop gun requires...

Page 254
... we can feed the 2 _tandom_ output gliders...

Page 283
... registers instead of 2, 7 _subtates_ in the computer...

Page 340
... in which gliders travelling _southewest_ along...

Page 406
This technique _reduce_ the problem of constructing...

Page 420
... corresponding to _a the_ child's state

Also (not necessarily an issue) "behavior/behaviour" and "neighborhood/neighbourhood" exist in both US and UK spellings.

NJ 12/21: Fixed and all checked in, thanks. Only change I didn't make is "constructibility" -- my brief internet searches suggest that's a valid spelling of the word. However, I'm not sure if it's a regional thing or something like that. If anyone has more info, please let me know.

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Post by Nathaniel » December 21st, 2021, 8:57 am

Sokwe wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 1:58 am
I'm curious about what didn't work here. It seems to work for me when compiling with MikTeX through TeXworks. I didn't add any options to any packages either. I simply made the single-line change that I proposed in the quoted post. Of course, this is an extremely low priority, so feel free to ignore it.
I'm compiling via pdfTeX -- are you compiling via XeTeX or LuaTeX by any chance? They seem to have better native unicode support.

At any rate, when I use the single-line change that you proposed, I get the following error:

"Undefined control sequence. ...tring{$\Theta$}{\unichar{"0398}} Notation}"

hkoenig

Post by hkoenig » December 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm

Might have mentioned this before, but a way to download all the attachment files at once would be nice. Right now a reader needs to go to a page for each chapter, which can be annoyingly time consuming. Tagging the individual patterns with the figure number would be nice, too, but that would probably take a bit of work.

NJ 12/21: I'll do both of these things once the final version of the PDF is compiled on January 1. If I forget (say, if this hasn't happened by January 5), someone please send me a nudge.

NJ 1/8: These are both done now.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » December 21st, 2021, 1:26 pm

hkoenig wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 12:54 pm
Might have mentioned this before, but a way to download all the attachment files at once would be nice. Right now a reader needs to go to a page for each chapter, which can be annoyingly time consuming. Tagging the individual patterns with the figure number would be nice, too, but that would probably take a bit of work.
The per-chapter ZIP file links were added the last time this came up. That gets people down to eleven pages to visit to collect files... which isn't too bad, but a single combined ZIP file probably does make sense.

The figure numbers are a good idea. Figures only get numbered in the book at the last moment, though, each time the book is compiled, so I'm thinking adjustments like this should wait at least until next year when there's a "standard" final version of the book (the one that will get printed when you order one from Lulu.com or Amazon or wherever.) Or maybe Nathaniel can come up with a way to auto-generate comments with figure numbers, I'm not sure.

muzik

Post by muzik » December 21st, 2021, 1:58 pm

I'm probably too late to the party to be suggesting any revisions beyond minor corrections, but there's no pain in trying.

The following might be too much in that regard:
...neighbor of a cell to only be one of the 4 cells that shares one of its sides as in Figure 1.3, not just a corner (this 4-cell neighborhood is called the von Neumann neighborhood, whereas the 8-cell neighborhood used by Life is called the Moore neighborhood). Conversely, we could instead create a neighborhood as an extension of the Moore neighbourhood, where the four cells which are two cells away from the center cell are also included - the resulting 12-cell neighbourhood is referred to as the "range-2 von Neumann neighbourhood".
I do think that since we mentioned hexagonal grids, triangular grids should also get a mention since they're equally valid:
We could have considered a hexagonal or triangular grid instead of a square one,
Another later note regarding the queen bee that may or may not be worth inclusion, perhaps after some rewording:
...even more sophisticated patterns, and so on.

Readers with a keen eye may notice that direction in which the beehive destruction reaction "moves" depends on which half of the block the "tip" of the beehive points at. Indeed, we can shift one of the the blocks in the queen bee shuttle in order to get a variant in which beehives are "flicked" in two opposing directions. We can call this resulting oscillator the "trans-queen bee shuttle", and the original example depicted above the "cis-queen bee shuttle" to distinguish them.

The queen bee can also be stabilised...

muzik

Post by muzik » December 21st, 2021, 2:26 pm

2.2 Still Life Grammar: why is long ship bold even though long boat isn't?

Likewise for long snake. Also, the normal canoe also seems to be bold. Is there some system for bold highlighting that I'm not seeing?

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » December 21st, 2021, 7:42 pm

muzik wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 2:26 pm
2.2 Still Life Grammar: why is long ship bold even though long boat isn't?

Likewise for long snake. Also, the normal canoe also seems to be bold. Is there some system for bold highlighting that I'm not seeing?
In general, new terms are shown in boldface the first time they're used (only), which is also the first place they're listed in the index.

It wouldn't be surprising if a few terms didn't follow that rule, but that's the general idea I think.

Nathaniel
Site Admin

Post by Nathaniel » December 21st, 2021, 9:41 pm

dvgrn wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 7:42 pm
In general, new terms are shown in boldface the first time they're used (only), which is also the first place they're listed in the index.
Yep, bold text indicates a definition or that you likely haven't seen this term before. "Long boat" and "long snake" are both bolded (i.e., defined) earlier, on the first page of Chapter 2, so they're not re-bolded in Section 2.2.

Sokwe

Post by Sokwe » December 22nd, 2021, 8:14 am

Nathaniel wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 8:57 am
Sokwe wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 1:58 am
I'm compiling via pdfTeX -- are you compiling via XeTeX or LuaTeX by any chance? They seem to have better native unicode support.

At any rate, when I use the single-line change that you proposed, I get the following error:

"Undefined control sequence. ...tring{$\Theta$}{\unichar{"0398}} Notation}"
I'm compiling with miktex-pdflatex (miktex-pdftex doesn't work, because the book is not written in plain TeX). However, I noticed that when I compile the book with the modifications, the table of contents, part title pages, and chapter title pages are misaligned. Maybe my use of \unichar is causing MiKTeX to do something unexpected to get it to compile? Anyway, it's not an important issue. I was just curious.
-Matthias Merzenich

Sokwe

Post by Sokwe » December 24th, 2021, 11:04 am

NJ 1/4: THIS POST IS DONE.

Here are my comments for Chapter 4 (not including exercises Edit: exercise comments are now included in an edit at the bottom of this post). Line numbers do not include section headings, figure and table captions, theorem statements, or footnotes. Negative line numbers mean they are counted from the bottom of the page, with Line -1 being the last line on the page. Problems are sometimes (but not always) bolded and marked in red, while corrections are sometimes bolded and marked in blue. These comments are based on the book version from December 17.

I'll try to read through Chapters 1 and 2 and the Chapter 4 exercises in the next few days. If possible, I'll take a look at Part II. I probably won't look at Part III.

Issues requiring action: NJ 12/30: Done everything under this heading.
  • There are a few occurances of "a LWSS/MWSS/HWSS/xWSS" throughout the text when the standard in the text seems to be "an LWSS/MWSS/HWSS/xWSS". NJ 12/25: Checked in fix.
  • "gray" vs "grey": pick one, and use it consistently. NJ 12/25: I changed all instances of "grey" to "gray".
  • Page 86 Line -5: "they often themselves emit sparks as well" -> remove either "themselves" or "as well"
  • Page 86 Line -3: "spaceship itself. For example" -> "spaceship. For example"
  • Page 88 Line -1: "(for example, no pushalongs for the glider are known)" is not correct. Here is a small example:

#C Glider pushalong by Hartmut Holzwart, May 1993
    x = 21, y = 21, rule = B3/S23
    12bo$11b2o$11bobo2$13bob2o$12b2o$12b2o5bo$14bobob2o$16bobobo$14bo$14bo
    $b2o10bo$2o3b2o6b3obo$2bob3o4b2o3b3o$7bob2obo$4bo7bo$4bo2b2o4bo$12b2o$
    7b2o4bo$6b2o$8bo!
  • Page 89 Lines 14-16: It's not clear from the sentence "Since flotillae can be made up of multiple copies of any of these three standard c/2 orthogonal spaceships–LWSS, MWSS, or HWSS–it is often convenient to refer to them as an xWSS." if xWSS is supposed to refer to flotillae, or just to (L/M/H)WSSs. Although it's clarified in the next sentence, it still reads awkwardly, and I think it should be reworded.
  • Page 97 Footnote 21: "backward rake with period at least 16" -> "backward rake with period a multiple of 4 and at least 16"
  • Page 99 Line 6: "in generation 1, so each of" -> "in generation 0, so each of"
  • Page 100 Line 7: "the strips must" -> "the stripes must"
  • Page 101 Line 9: "The discovery of a quick-recovering elbow would be a huge discovery, since we could" -> "The discovery of a quickly recovering elbow would be significant, since we could"
  • Page 102 Line -13: "on the possible speed of signal travelling perpendicular" -> "on the speed of signals travelling perpendicular"
  • Page 102 Line -6: "at various speed (specifically" -> "at various speeds (specifically"
  • Page 102 Footnote 29: Add comma between "other" and "since"
  • Page 104 Line 5: "nothing behind. But if" -> "nothing behind, but if"
  • Page 104 Line 6: "re-appears" -> "reappears"
  • Page 107 Lines 3-5: Regarding the sentence "Together with the c/4 and c/12 spaceships that we are already familiar with, these spaceships represent the only 5 diagonal speeds that have been attained by elementary spaceships." there are only 4 diagonal speeds that have been attained by elementary spaceships, since we do not have any elementary c/12 diagonal ships. It could be argued that we do have elementary c/12 diagonal puffers.
  • Page 107 Figure 4.49: The image is out of phase with the RLE. In my opinion, the image should be changed to match the phase in the RLE, as the phase in the RLE has the minimum population.
  • Page 108 Table 4.1: "(23,5)/79" -> "(23,5)c/79"
  • Page 108 Line -3: Regarding the sentence "Similarly, the simplest unknown diagonal speed is c/8, for which there could potentially exist a period 8 spaceship, whereas all other unknown speeds would necessarily have at least period 9.", there are presumably demonoids for all non-c/4 diagonal speeds.
  • Page 109 Line -12: "This rake has much lower period" -> "This rake has a much lower period"
  • Page 109 Line -7: "re-constructed" -> "reconstructed"
  • Page 110 Line 2: Remove the comma between "glider" and "via" (I think)
  • Page 111 Line 4: Remove "(in Figure 4.47(a))", as this was not the first c/3 ship (84P3H1V0.1 was).
  • Page 111 Lines 8-15: It doesn't make sense to mention spaceships found in the 1990s, but then have a list mostly consisting of spaceships found after the 1990s. It's also strange to mention spaceships in general, but only lists orthogonal ships here (and to not mention Tim Coe's 3c/7 ship, "spaghetti monster" found in the same year as copperhead), while diagonal spaceships are mentioned a few paragraphs down.
  • Page 317 Line 11: "xWSSs" -> "xWSSes" to match the apparent standard in the text.
Files that require changes (all in patterns/spaceships):
  • adjustable_rake.txt: The comments incorrectly state that the period "can be any large multiple of 8". In fact, it can only be those sufficiently large periods that are equivalent to 8 mod 32.
  • b29.txt: "disco vered" -> "discovered"
  • c5_diagonal.txt: Rotate 90 degrees
  • canada_goose.txt: Rotate 180 degrees and rephase (RLE phase should be changed to match the image in the Figure 4.8(b))
  • coe_ship_back_rake.txt: "Backward space rake" -> "Backward rake"
  • coe_ship_forward_rake.txt: "Forward space rake" -> "Forward rake"
  • crab.txt: Rotate 180 degrees
  • diagonal_2c3_signal.txt: "that travel at 2c/3" -> "that travels at 2c/3"
  • diagonal_5c9_signal.txt: "that travel at 5c/9" -> "that travels at 5c/9"
  • diagonal_c2_signal.txt: "that travels c/2" -> "that travels at c/2"
  • hwss_x66.txt: There should be some discovery information in the comments. The HWSS support for half of x66 was found by David Bell on 11 July 1992, one day after Hartmut Holzwart found x66. There should also be a link to the x66 wiki page. Edit: some of this information may have been intentionally left out due to exercise 4.4. Use your discretion.
  • orion_2.txt: Rotate 180 degrees
  • owss_flotilla.txt: Rotate 90 degrees counterclockwise
  • p2_spaceship.txt: The link given in the RLE comments does not contain or discuss the spaceship in question
  • p8_puffer.txt: This is a period 224 puffer, not a period 8 puffer (although the underlying mechanism is p8). The comments should also be amended to note that it was found by Jason Summers on 18 March 2001.
  • p8_rake.txt: Add a note to the comments stating that it was found by Jason Summers on 18 March 2001.
  • schick_engine.txt: Rotate 180 degrees
  • sir_robin.txt: "Consttructed" -> "Constructed"
  • spider.txt: "smallest known c/5 spaceship." -> "smallest known c/5 orthogonal spaceship."
  • switch_engine_infinite.txt: Rotate 90 degrees clockwise
  • tubstretcher.txt: "infinitely-growing" -> "infinitely growing" (the pattern should also be rotated 180 degrees to match the image in Figure 4.10)
Suggested changes and things I'm unsure of (use your discretion): NJ 1/4: Done.
  • page 87 Lines 14-15: "they emit such accessible sparks so frequently." -> "they frequently emit accessible sparks."
  • Figure 4.46, Figure 4.48, and Page 105 Line -11: "the bottom-left" and "the top-right" feel wrong to me. I think it should be "the bottom left" and "the top right". However, I think "bottom-left corner" and "top-right corner" are correct.
  • Page 106 Figure 4.47: "so that they travel up." -> "so that they travel upward."
Edit:
Here are my notes for the chapter 4 exercises and a few other comments:

Issues in the text: NJ 1/4: Done.
  • Exercise 3.9: Make the difficulty rating of the whole problem [2/5], and remove the difficulty rating on each part, since the problem should always be done as a whole.
  • Exercise 3.10: Image should probably link to a text file
  • Exercise 3.22: Images should definitely link to text files (the files already exist in the oscillators folder)
  • Exercise 4.7: I don't think it's fair to say that the tagalong can be attached to "almost any c/4 diagonal spaceship that emits a spark." Maybe change it to "most c/4 diagonal spaceships" or "many c/4 diagonal spaceships".
  • Exercise 4.36: I don't see a way to get an adjustable-period spaceship from this without adding further ships to clean debris. If I delay the first glider reflection substantially, I get extra blocks. If I delay the second glider reflection substantially (relative to the first), I get extra blinkers. Am I missing something? If there's a sneaky way to get the reaction to work at period 1500+ while having the last reflecting HWSSes clean up the added debris, I'm not seeing it.
  • Exercise 4.37(b): The exercise says (referring to Figure 4.12)
    Explain why the reaction from that same figure in
    which an MWSS destroys a blinker cannot be used
    to delete the blinker fuse.
    but the MWSS blinker deleter was removed from Figure 4.12 after it was noted that it didn't work if the MWSS was backed up. Of course, noting this fact is the answer to the exercise here. I'm not sure if it's right to put the blinker deleter back in Figure 4.12 as I feel it could be misleading (use your discretion). Here is the MWSS blinker deleter that was included in older book versions:

x = 6, y = 7, rule = B3/S23
    3b3o2$2bo$o3bo$5bo$o4bo$b5o!
Issues in pattern files:
  • oscillators/period_56_herschel.txt: Remove unnecessary blank space around oscillator (should have dimensions 252 by 252)
  • oscillators/heavyweight_volcano.txt: Remove extra space between "rather" and "isolated"
  • oscillators/honeyfarm_hasslers.txt: Edit: see the last item in this post.
  • oscillators/pre_pulsar_mechanisms.txt: Replace with the following:

#C Numerous methods of shuttling pre-pulsars, sorted by the number
    #C of generations they take to complete and how far they push the
    #C pre-pulsar.
    x = 671, y = 414, rule = B3/S23
    485b2o7b2o$485bobo5bobo$480b2ob2o2bo5bo2b2ob2o$481bobo3b2o3b2o3bobo$
    481bo2bo4bobo4bo2bo$479b2obobob2obobob2obobob2o$480bobo2b2obo3bob2o2bo
    bo$479bo2bo2bo9bo2bo2bo$479bobob3obo5bob3obobo$480b2o4bo7bo4b2o$5b2o4b
    2o10b2obo455b3obo7bob3o$6bo5bo10bob2o25bo3b2o5b2o3bo339b2o7b2o44b2o4b
    2o7b4o17b4o7b2o4b2o$5bo5bo15b2o22bobo2bo7bo2bobo276b2o5b2obo14bob2o32b
    o2bo5bo2bo43bobo4bo3b2obo25bob2o3bo4bobo74b2obo6b2obo14b2obo$5b2o4b2o
    14bo23bobo4bo3bo4bobo277bo5bob2o14b2obo25bo5bobobo5bobobo5bo32b2o4bo3b
    o3bobobobo6bo7bo6bobobobo3bo3bo4b2o70bob2o6bob2o14bob2o22b2obo13bob2o$
    28bo23bob5o3b5obo277bo4b2o16b2o28b2o4b3obo7bob3o4b2o31bobo2bob2o2b4o2b
    obobo2bob2o7b2obo2bobobo2b4o2b2obo2bobo74b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o26bob2o13b2ob
    o$5b2o4b2o14b2o25bo11bo279b2o3bo18bo27bob2o3b3o11b3o3b2obo27bo4b4obob
    2o4bobo2bo21bo2bobo4b2obob4o4bo71bo3bo5bo11bo$6bo5bo3b2obo3b2obo26bo3b
    2o3b2o3bo284bo16bo27b3o2bo21bo2b3o26b5o6bo3b3o2bo4bobo13bobo4bo2b3o3bo
    6b5o72bo3bo5bo11bo27b3o13b3o$5bo5bo4bob2o3bob2o25bo4b2o3b2o4bo277b2o3b
    2o16b2o28bobobo19bobobo33bo2b2ob5o3b2o4b3o13b3o4b2o3b5ob2o2bo76b2o2b2o
    4b2o10b2o26bo2bo13bo2bo$5b2o4b2o14b2o23b2o13b2o278bo5b2obo5b2obo5bob2o
    25bobobo17bobobo29b2o2bo2bobobo5bob2o4b2o15b2o4b2obo5bobobo2bo2b2o67b
    2obo6b2obo5b2obo5b2obo22b2o17b2o$27bo318bo6bob2o5bob2o5b2obo26bo2b3o
    13b3o2bo30bo2bob3o3bo2b2o3b2o4b3o13b3o4b2o3b2o2bo3b3obo2bo67bob2o6bob
    2o5bob2o5bob2o$5b2o4b2o15bo317b2o3b2o4b2o16b2o25b2obo3b3o3b3o3bob2o33b
    2ob3o2bo4bobobob2obobo3b3o3b3o3bobob2obobobo4bo2b3ob2o67b2o14b2o10b2o
    4b2o20b4o13b4o$6bo5bo14b2o27b3o3b3o286bo5bo18bo26b2o4bobo3bobo4b2o33b
    3o7bo3bobo2bobob2o4bobo3bobo4b2obobo2bobo3bo7b3o66bo15bo11bo5bo21bo2bo
    13bo2bo$5bo5bo11b2obo30bo5bo282b2o4bo5bo16bo27bo5b3o3b3o5bo33bo8b2ob2o
    b3o11b3o3b3o11b3ob2ob2o8bo67bo15bo11bo5bo21bo4b3o3b3o4bo$5b2o4b2o10bob
    2o320bo3b2o4b2o16b2o76b2o3b2o7bo45bo7b2o3b2o62b2o14b2o10b2o4b2o18b3o5b
    obo3bobo5b3o$346bo6b2obo14bob2o78bo2bobo3b2obobob2o39b2obobob2o3bobo2b
    o64b2obo6b2obo14b2obo20bo7b3o3b3o7bo$346b2o5bob2o14b2obo80b2o2bo2bob2o
    bobo41bobob2obo2bo2b2o66bob2o6bob2o14bob2o$458b2o7bobo41bobo7b2o$467b
    2o43b2o30$506bobo$504b3obo$503bo3b2o$460b2o7b2o32b3o$2o5b2obo12b2obo
    30bo5bo395bo2bo5bo2bo35bo$bo5bob2o12bob2o29b3o3b3o393bob2obo3bob2obo
    30b3o2bo138b2o15b2o$o10b2o14b2o314b2obo6b2obo14bob2o78bo5bo2bobobobo2b
    o5bo24bo2bob2o81b2obo6b2obo14b2obo24bo19bo$2o9bo15bo315bob2o6bob2o14b
    2obo77bobo5bo3bobo3bo5bobo23b2obobo24bo57bob2o6bob2o14bob2o27bo13bo$
    12bo15bo318b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o81bo2bob3o3b2ob2o3b3obo2bo26bob2o7b2o3b2o9b
    2o60b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o27bo3bo13bo3bo$2o9b2o14b2o28b2o3b2o283bo3bo5bo12bo
    40b2o3b2o32b2obobobo15bobobob2o24bo10bobobobo71bo3bo5bo11bo25b4o3bo13b
    o3b4o$bo5b2obo5b2obo3b2obo24bo6bo3bo6bo278bo3bo5bo10bo41bobobobo31bobo
    bobo19bobobobo24b3o9bobo8b2o2b3o59bo3bo5bo11bo29bo17bo$o6bob2o5bob2o3b
    ob2o23b2o3bo9bo3b2o276b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o27b2o13bobo13b2o18bo2bo25bo2bo
    27bo7b2ob2o7b3obo60b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o34b3o3b3o$2o3b2o20b2o22bo3b2o7b2o3b
    o273b2obo4bo5bo4b2obo5bob2o23b2obo10b2ob2o10bob2o17b2obo9b3o3b3o9bob2o
    23b2o20b2o60b2obo4bo5bo4b2obo5b2obo30bobo3bobo$5bo21bo315bob2o5bo5bo3b
    ob2o5b2obo27bo23bo22bob3o2bo4bobo3bobo4bo2b3obo20b2obob2o81bob2o5bo5bo
    3bob2o5bob2o30b3o3b3o$2o4bo21bo312b2o8b2o4b2o16b2o22bo29bo17bo2bo4bo5b
    3o3b3o5bo4bo2bo18b2obobo2bo17b2o64b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o4b2o$bo3b2o20b2o312b
    o9bo5bo18bo23bob2o21b2obo18b2obob2o23b2obob2o21bo4bo4b3o3b3o4b3o63bo3b
    o5bo11bo5bo$o6b2obo12b2obo24bo3b2o7b2o3bo272bo9bo5bo16bo26b2o6b3o3b3o
    6b2o23bobo25bobo24bo9bobo3bobo5bo2b2o61bo3bo5bo11bo5bo$2o5bob2o12bob2o
    23b2o3bo9bo3b2o270b2o8b2o4b2o16b2o33bobo3bobo31bobo25bobo25b2o7b3o3b3o
    5bo4bo59b2o2b2o4b2o10b2o4b2o$51bo6bo3bo6bo273b2obo6b2obo14bob2o35b3o3b
    3o32bo27bo50bobobo55b2obo6b2obo14b2obo$57b2o3b2o279bob2o6bob2o14b2obo
    159bob2o52bob2o6bob2o14bob2o$533b2ob2o3$56b3o3b3o$57bo5bo30$343b2obo6b
    2obo14bob2o$343bob2o6bob2o14b2obo$347b2o8b2o10b2o$347bo9bo12bo32bo5bo$
    348bo9bo10bo32b3o3b3o$347b2o8b2o10b2o$343b2obo6b2obo5b2obo5bob2o23b2o
    13b2o$343bob2o6bob2o5bob2o5b2obo23b2o13b2o$341b2o8b2o22b2o$341bo9bo24b
    o25b3o3b3o$342bo9bo22bo27bo5bo$341b2o8b2o22b2o$343b2obo6b2obo14bob2o$
    343bob2o6bob2o14b2obo2$56b3o3b3o72b3o3b3o$56bobo3bobo66b3o3bobo3bobo3b
    3o92b3o3b3o$b2o3b2o3b2o10b2obo29b3o3b3o38b2o5b2o25b3o3b3o63b3o3b3o26bo
    bo3bobo$2bo3b2o3b2o10bob2o25b2o48bobo5b2o5b2o9b2o23b2o22b3o3b3o23bobo
    3bobo26b3o3b3o$bo25b2o22bobo12b3o22b2o7b3o14bo9bobo23bobo21bobo3bobo
    23b3o3b3o$b2o3b2o3b2o14bo23bo14bobo15b2o5b2o6bo3bo11bobo9bo27bo21b3o3b
    3o4b2o12b2o15b2o17b3o11b3o$6bobobobo15bo21b2o5b2o7b3o16bo13b2ob2o11b2o
    9b2o27b2o16b2o13bo2bo12bo2bo11bo2bo17bobo11bobo$b2o5bobo16b2o28b2o26bo
    bo22b3o24b3o3b3o26bobo13b3o14b3o11b3o18b3o11b3o$2bo4b2obo5b2obo3b2obo
    59b2o22bobo18b3o3bobo3bobo3b3o20bo$bo9b2o3bob2o3bob2o63b3o3b3o5b3o3b3o
    24b3o3b3o25b2obo13b3o12b3o11b3o$b2o9bo14b2o32b2o3b3o21bobo3bobo5bobo
    21b2o23b2o15bo2b2o13bo2bo10bo2bo11bo2bo$11bo15bo33b2o3bobo21b3o3b3o5b
    3o20bobo23bobo14b2o5b3o3b3o4b2o10b2o15b2o19b3o11b3o$b2o8b2o15bo37b3o
    58bo27bo21bobo3bobo21b3o3b3o24bobo11bobo$2bo9bo14b2o97b2o27b2o20b3o3b
    3o21bobo3bobo24b3o11b3o$bo9bo11b2obo180b3o3b3o$b2o8b2o10bob2o37b2o178b
    3o3b3o$65bo178bobo3bobo$62b3o179b3o3b3o$62bo11$157b2o$156bobo115bo2bob
    o2bo$156bo117b4ob4o$154b2ob4o111b2o9b2o59b2obo4b2o3b2o12bob2o$53b2o11b
    2o85bobobo2bo35b2o3b2o65b2obobob7obobob2o55bob2o4b2o3b2o12b2obo27b2o3b
    2o$53b2o3bo3bo3b2o19b2o64bobo7b2o30bo2bobo2bo33bo3bo26b2obo2b2o2bo2b2o
    2bob2o59b2o19b2o31b2o3b2o$58bo3bo17b2o5b2o8bobo16bobo13bobo16b2o2bo7b
    2o5b2o19b2o3b2o3b2o3b2o23b2o4bo3bo4b2o15b2o6b2o11b2o6b2o54bo3b2o3b2o
    11bo$58bo3bo18bo14bo22bo11bo18bo4b2o13bo20bo15bo23bo5bo3bo5bo15bo4b3o
    15b3o4bo55bo2bobobobo10bo20b2o27b2o$52bo15bo12bobo13bo2bo14bo2bo13bo2b
    o14b5o13bobo17b2obo15bob2o17b2obo15bob2o14bobo2bo15bo2bobo56b2o4bobo
    12b2o20bo27bo$51bobo13bobo12b2o13bobobo12bobobo13bobobo11b2o4bo13b2o
    16bo2bob2o13b2obo2bo13bo2bob2o13b2obo2bo11b2ob2o19b2ob2o51b2obo5b2obo
    5b2obo5bob2o16bobo23bobo$52bo3b3o3b3o3bo17b3o3b3o3bo2bo12bo2bo3b3o3b3o
    3bo2bo10bo2b2o5b3o3b3o20b2obo5b3o3b3o5bob2o13b2obo5b3o3b3o5bob2o13bo2b
    o4b3o3b3o4bo2bo53bob2o9b2o3bob2o5b2obo17b2o23b2o$56bobo3bobo21bobo3bob
    o4b2o14b2o4bobo3bobo4b2o11b2obo6bobo3bobo23bo5bobo3bobo5bo19bo5bobo3bo
    bo5bo16bob2o4bobo3bobo4b2obo51b2o14bo16b2o24b3o3b3o$56b3o3b3o21b3o3b3o
    26b3o3b3o20bo6b3o3b3o23b2o4b3o3b3o4b2o19b2o4b3o3b3o4b2o15b2obo5b3o3b3o
    5bob2o50bo14bo18bo18b3o3bobo3bobo3b3o$150b2o116bo19bo54bo13b2o16bo25b
    3o3b3o$268b2o17b2o53b2o14bo16b2o$344b2obo9bo13bob2o$344bob2o9b2o12b2ob
    o16$128b2o141b3o$127bobo111b3o27bobo$127bo41b3o69bobo27b3o3b3o$125b2ob
    4o31b3o3bobo41b3o25b3o3b3o27bobo$52bobo69bobobo2bo37b3o3b3o35bobo31bob
    o17b3o7b3o$55bo35b2o31bobo33b2o13bobo3b3o23b3o3b3o21b3o7b3o17bobo$51bo
    2bo13bobo13b2o5b2o29b2o2bo32bobo13b3o29bobo27bobo27b3o11b3o$50bobobo
    12bo17bo35bo4b2o6b2o23bo25b2o20b3o7b3o17b3o11b3o27bobo$50bo2bo3b3o8bo
    2bo13bobo13bobo17b5o8b2o5b2o15b2o25bobo15b2o12bobo31bobo27b3o$51b2o4bo
    bo8bobobo13b2o12bo18b2o4bo15bo27b3o15bo14bobo12b3o31b3o$57b3o3b3o3bo2b
    o17b3o8bo2bo13bo2b2o5b3o8bobo21b3o3bobo15b2o13bo66b3o$63bobo4b2o18bobo
    8bobobo12b2obo6bobo8b2o28b3o3b3o23b2o6b2o24b3o31bobo$63b3o24b3o3b3o3bo
    2bo15bo6b3o3b3o23b2o13bobo3b3o25bobo23bobo31b3o11b3o$96bobo4b2o16b2o
    11bobo22bobo13b3o32b2o3b3o17b3o11b3o31bobo$96b3o35b3o22bo25b2o28bobo
    31bobo21b3o7b3o$158b2o25bobo27b3o21b3o7b3o21bobo126bo7bo$187bo51bobo
    31b3o3b3o119bobo5bobo$187b2o50b3o3b3o31bobo120bo7bo$213b2o30bobo31b3o$
    214bo30b3o$211b3o$211bo190b3o3b3o$343b2obo6bob2o14bob2o21b3o3bobo3bobo
    3b3o$343bob2o6b2obo14b2obo27b3o3b3o$347b2o2b2o16b2o22b2o23b2o$347bo4bo
    17bo21bobo23bobo$348bo2bo17bo22bo27bo$347b2o2b2o16b2o20b2o27b2o$343b2o
    bo6bob2o5b2obo5bob2o$343bob2o6b2obo5bob2o5b2obo$341b2o14b2o16b2o$341bo
    16bo17bo$342bo14bo17bo15b2o27b2o$341b2o14b2o16b2o15bo27bo$343b2obo6bob
    2o14bob2o17bobo23bobo$343bob2o6b2obo14b2obo18b2o23b2o$402b3o3b3o$396b
    3o3bobo3bobo3b3o$402b3o3b3o4$402bo7bo$401bobo5bobo$402bo7bo11$136b3o3b
    3o34b3o3b3o$136bobo3bobo34bobo3bobo$136b3o3b3o34b3o3b3o97b3o$74b3o3b3o
    202bobo$2o5bob2o12b2obo47bobo3bobo196b3o3b3o$bo5b2obo12bob2o24bo7bo14b
    3o3b3o21b3o3b3o166bobo$o4b2o20b2o21bobo5bobo43bobo3bobo17b3o15b3o29b2o
    3b2o92b3o$2o4bo20bo23bo7bo44b3o3b3o17bobo15bobo21b3o5b2o3b2o5b3o24b3o
    3b3o18b3o3b3o$5bo22bo101b3o15b3o21bobo3b2o7b2o3bobo24bobo3bobo18bobo3b
    obo36b3o$2o3b2o20b2o45bo11b3o83b3o3b2o7b2o3b3o24b3o3b3o18b3o3b3o31b2o
    3bobo$bo5bob2o5b2obo3b2obo46bobo10bobo184b3o4b2o4b2o3b3o$o6b2obo5bob2o
    3bob2o24b3o3b3o14bo11b3o184bobo4b2o$2o9b2o14b2o22bobo3bobo70b3o15b3o
    122b3o$12bo14bo23b3o3b3o70bobo15bobo21b3o3b2o7b2o3b3o$2o9bo16bo75b3o3b
    3o17b3o15b3o21bobo3b2o7b2o3bobo98b3o$bo9b2o14b2o57b3o15bobo3bobo59b3o
    5b2o3b2o5b3o92b2o4bobo$o6bob2o12b2obo54bo4bobo15b3o3b3o67b2o3b2o33b3o
    3b3o19b3o3b3o18b3o3b2o4b2o4b3o$2o5b2obo12bob2o53bobo3b3o131bobo3bobo
    19bobo3bobo18bobo3b2o$81bo54b3o3b3o75b3o3b3o19b3o3b3o18b3o$136bobo3bob
    o$136b3o3b3o34b3o3b3o99b3o$179bobo3bobo99bobo$179b3o3b3o93b3o3b3o$281b
    obo$281b3o9$80b3o$80bobo22b3o31b3o$51bo22b3o3b3o22bobo31bobo$50bobo21b
    obo28b3o3b3o19b3o3b3o78b3o24b3o$51bo7bo14b3o34bobo19bobo30b3o3b3o14b3o
    28bobo24bobo$58bobo50b3o19b3o30bobo3bobo14bobo28b3o3b3o18b3o3b3o$59bo
    26b3o77b3o3b3o14b3o3b3o28bobo24bobo$86bobo56b3o47bobo28b3o24b3o$51b3o
    20bo11b3o56bobo47b3o$51bobo19bobo57bo11b3o$51b3o3b3o14bo30b3o24bobo$
    57bobo45bobo25bo$57b3o24b3o18b3o3b3o107b3o25b3o$79bo4bobo24bobo31b3o
    18b3o3b3o14b3o29bobo25bobo$78bobo3b3o24b3o26bo4bobo18b3o3b3o14b3o29b3o
    3b3o19b3o3b3o$79bo59bobo3b3o19bo5bo16bo4b3o29bobo25bobo$140bo54b3o29b
    3o25b3o$196bo15$80b3o27b3o28b3o$80bobo27bobo28bobo$74b3o3b3o21b3o3b3o
    22b3o3b3o$52b2o20bobo27bobo28bobo$52b2o5bo14b3o27b3o28b3o$58bobo$59bo
    26b3o27b3o28b3o$86bobo27bobo28bobo$51b3o21b2o9b3o16b2o9b3o17b2o9b3o$
    51bobo21b2o28b2o29b2o$51b3o3b3o$57bobo$57b3o24b3o22b2o3b3o30b3o$79bo4b
    obo22b2o3bobo25bo4bobo$78bobo3b3o27b3o24bobo3b3o$79bo62bo17$46b2o$46bo
    2b2o$47b2ob2o$50b2o$50b2o5b3o3b3o35b2o29b2o$47b2ob2o5bobo3bobo4bobo28b
    2obo25bob2o$46bo2b2o6b3o3b3o4bo2bo31bo23bo$46b2o25bo28bo29bo$70bo2b2o
    28bob2o21b2obo$75b2o28b2o6b3o3b3o6b2o$70bo3b2obo35bobo3bobo$77b3o33b3o
    3b3o$71b5o4bo$71bo2bob4o$75bo$76bob2o$73b2obob2o$73bo2bo$73b2obo$75bo$
    71b2o$72bo3bo5bo$69b3o3b3o3bobo$69bo4bobobo2b2o$70b5o3b3o$75bobo3b2o$
    72b3o4b2o2bo$72bo2b3o4b2o$73b2o5bobo$75bo2bo3bo$75b4ob2o$79bo$77bobo$
    77b2o27$53b2o33b2o$2b2obo5b2o10b2obo26bo35bo$2bob2o6bo10bob2o28bo31bo$
    6b2o3bo15b2o25b4o5bo15bo5b4o$6bo4b2o14bo25bo4bo4b3o11b3o4bo4bo$7bo20bo
    24b5obo6bo9bo6bob5o$6b2o3b2o14b2o22b2o2bobobo5b2o9b2o5bobobo2b2o$2b2ob
    o6bo3b2obo3b2obo23bo2b2obo2b2o21b2o2bob2o2bo$2bob2o5bo4bob2o3bob2o23b
    2obo2b2o3bo19bo3b2o2bob2o$2o9b2o14b2o24bo2bobob2o5b3o3b3o5b2obobo2bo$o
    26bo25b2obo4bo5bobo3bobo5bo4bob2o$bo9b2o15bo26bobob2o6b3o3b3o6b2obobo$
    2o10bo14b2o26bobobo23bobobo$2b2obo5bo11b2obo29bo2bo23bo2bo$2bob2o5b2o
    10bob2o30b2o25b2o!
  • spaceships/solution_six_cell_schick.txt: "LWSS's" -> "LWSSes"
Miscellaneous comments (no change needed):
  • Exercise 4.11: There is some ambiguity in what it means to "reflect one of the gliders without interfering with the other", since this could depend on the relative timing of the gliders. For example, the solution to part (a) could be 18 (timing based, and probably the more correct answer) or 22 (timing agnostic). However, I think this ambiguity might be a good thing, as it might get the student to think more deeply about the problem.
I'm going to start reading through chapters 1 and 2 now.

-Matthias Merzenich

Sokwe

Post by Sokwe » December 28th, 2021, 6:04 pm

Here are my comments for Chapter 1 (not including exercises Edit: exercise comments are now included in an edit at the bottom of this post). Line numbers do not include section headings, figure and table captions, theorem statements, or footnotes. Negative line numbers mean they are counted from the bottom of the page, with Line -1 being the last line on the page. Problems are sometimes (but not always) bolded and marked in red, while corrections are sometimes bolded and marked in blue. These comments are based on the book version from December 17.

Issues requiring action: NJ 12/30: Done everything under this heading.
  • Various locations (all chapters): "neighbour" -> "neighbor"
  • Page xiii Figures 3 and 4: Images should link to pattern files (the files already exist in the patterns/preface folder)
  • Page xiii Line 5: Add a space between the period and the start of the sentence "This code can..."
  • Page xiii Lines 5-6: "This code can be copy and pasted into Life simulation software" -> "This code can be copied and pasted into Life simulation software"
  • Page 4 Line 1: "no dead cell has 3 live neighbors" -> "no dead cell has exactly 3 live neighbors"
  • Page 4 Line 14: "based the two simple" -> "based on the two simple"
  • Page 9 Line -3: "at generation 61 in the evolution" -> "at generation 20 in the evolution"
  • Page 10 Footnote 6: "in generation 1185 of the soup" -> "in generation 1187 of the soup"
  • Page 11 Footnote 11: "occurs at generation 106 of the soup from Figure 1.4" -> "occurs at generation 65 of the soup from Figure 1.4"
  • Page 12 Line 7: Add a comma between "15)" and "while"
  • Page 13 Line 7: "as in 1.21, and some" -> "as in Figure 1.21, and some"
  • Page 17 Lines 17-19: The claim
    we find patterns like the one displayed in Figure 1.29, which fits within a 16×16 bounding box and has a lifespan of 52513 generations, which is longer than any other known pattern of this size.
    is incorrect, as user "Rocknlol" used it to find a 16×16 pattern lasting 52514 generations in October 2021 (see the last pattern in this post).
  • Page 18 Figure 1.29: Replace with Rocknlol's related 52514-generation methuselah (see above)
  • Page 20 Footnote 27: Remove comma between "configuration" and "before"
  • Page 21 Lines 12-14: I think the sentence
    It follows that if we want to catalog all possible patterns that can be present in generation~$1$, we only need to consider patterns made up of one of $2^{36} - 1$ (not $2^{36}$) different tiles in generation~$0$.
    is confusing. Maybe this is better:
    It follows that if we want to catalog all possible $(6n-2) \times (6n-2)$ patterns that can be present in generation~$1$, we only need to consider the children of patterns made from a set of $2^{36} - 1$ (not $2^{36}$) different tiles in generation~$0$.
  • Page 21 Line -2: "all that remains is show that" -> "all that remains is to show that"
  • Page 23 Figure 1.35: The pattern given is incorrect (both the image and the associated RLE) and isn't even a Garden of Eden. Here's the correct pattern:

x = 16, y = 17, rule = B3/S23
    8o2b3ob2o$b4ob3ob6o$3ob6ob4o$2ob3ob9o$b6ob6obo$16o$3ob9obo$o2b13o$b3ob
    6ob2obo$b15o$12ob3o$2ob4ob8o$ob2ob3ob6o$14o$b2ob3ob4ob3o$5ob5ob3o$6b3o
    b6o!
  • Page 26 Figure 1.42: It is mentioned on Page 25 Line -1 that this pattern has 17920 distinct parents. This is true only when considering the collection of set cells as originally presented by user "mtve". That is, it applies to the following pattern (where red cells are not included, and simply denote the boundary):

x = 26, y = 25, rule = LifeHistory
    26D$D8AB5AB4AB3ABD$DABA2B2A2B3A2B4AB2A2BAD$D2ABAB4AB4AB2ABA2B3AD$D3AB
    ABABABA2BAB3AB3A2BD$DAB2A6BA2B5A3B2ABD$DBABAB9ABABA6BD$DABAB2A4BA2BAB
    4ABA3BD$DABABA2B3AB3AB2A7BD$D4A2B2AB3AB4A4BA2BD$D4AB6A2BA6BA3BD$DABAB
    3AB2AB2AB3AB2A3BAD$DAB3ABAB6AB4ABA3BD$D2B6ABAB2A2B3A6BD$D2A2BABABAB4A
    10BD$DB4AB4A2B6A4B2AD$DABABABA2B2AB2A2B2A2B3ABD$DA3B2AB2A2B3AB2A3BA3B
    D$D2AB2A4B2A4B3A6BD$D3ABAB5A3B4ABABABAD$DAB4A2B2A3BABA4BA2BAD$D2AB2A
    4B2A3BA5B2AB2D$DB4ABA2BABA4BAB2A2BAD$D3A3B2AB3A2BABA6BD$25D!
    It might be better to present this pattern in the same way as orphans: with unset cells represented by light gray.
  • Page 26 Line 15: Remove comma between "editions" and "and"
  • Page 28 Line 7: "to stabilize, and found" -> "to stabilize, and it found"
Suggestions (use your discretion): NJ 1/4: Done this heading.
  • Page 11 Footnote 11: The footnote claims that the B-heptomino occurs at "generation 210 of the soup from Figure 1.5", but in reality it is B-heptaplet. An actual B-heptomino occurs at generation 274 as a result of the evolution of the B-heptaplet. I'm not sure if a change is needed here. Use your discretion.
  • Page 22 Line -9: "might seem not to yield" sounds awkward to me. I suggest either "might seem to not yield" or "might not seem to yield".
  • Page 28 Lines -5 and -13: I think these are the first occurances of "CA" as an abreviation for "cellular automata" in the text (is this true?). Perhaps it should be noted somewhere prior that "CA" means cellular automata.
File issues requiring action: NJ 1/4: Done this heading.
  • cover/herschel_track.txt: Advance the pattern by 141 generations to match the phase given on the cover. The Herschels in this track are not evenly spaced, so the period is 718, but that isn't necessarily a problem.
  • preface/lwss.txt: Flip pattern over vertical axis to match orientation in Figure 1
  • early_life/lwss.txt: Flip pattern over vertical axis to match orientation in Figure 1.9 (file should be the same as preface/lwss.txt)
  • early_life/pre_honeyfarm.txt: "pre-honeyfarm" -> "pre-honey farm" and rename file as "pre_honey_farm.txt"
  • early_life/stairstep_hexomino.txt: Flip across a diagonal axis of slope -1 to match orientation in Figure 1.13
  • early_life/queen_bee.txt: Change to match Figure 1.15 (rotate and rephase)
  • early_life/queen_bee_shuttle.txt: Rephase to match Figure 1.17
  • early_life/gosper_glider_gun.txt: Rephase to match Figure 1.18
  • early_life/b_heptomino.txt: Replace with this:

#N B-heptomino
    #C A very common unstable pattern with lifespan 148 that often arises
    #C with the cell at top left shifted one space upward, which does not
    #C affect the subsequent evolution.
    #C www.conwaylife.com/wiki/B-heptomino
    x = 3, y = 4, rule = B3/S23
    2o$b2o$2o$o!
  • early_life/twin_bees_debris_eat.txt: Rephase to match Figure 1.21
  • early_life/switch_engine.txt: Replace comments with this:

#N Switch engine
    #O Charles Corderman
    #C An unstable pattern that moves 8 cells diagonally in 96
    #C generations while leaving chaotic debris behind. It can
    #C be used to make c/12 diagonal puffers and spaceships.
    #C www.conwaylife.com/wiki/Switch_engine
    In my opinion, the RLE itself should be oriented the same way as the figure that links to it. In this case, there are two figures that link to this pattern: Figure 1.24 and Figure 1.46. The RLE currently matches Figure 1.46, but I would recommend reorienting the RLE and Figure 1.46 to match Figure 1.24, as the orientation of the switch engine in Figure 1.24 matches its orientation in nearly every figure in sections 1.5 and 4.3. Figure 1.46(a) and nonomino.txt would also need to be changed to match the new orientation of Figure 1.46(b) and switch_engine.txt.
  • early_life/switch_engine_block.txt: Rotate 90 degrees clockwise to match orientation in Figure 1.25
  • early_life/7468M.txt: Rotate 180 degrees to match orientation in Table 1.1
  • early_life/bunnies_10b.txt: reference URL should be

www.conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=85058#p85058
  • early_life/23334M.txt: "#C An 11-cell methuselah with lifespan 23,334." -> "An 11-cell methuselah with lifespan 23334. Found by Simon Ekström in May 2016 based on an earlier pattern by Tomas Rokicki."
  • early_life/methuselah_12.txt: "A 13-cell methuselah with lifespan 23,801. Found by Simon Ekstrom in February 2017." -> A 12-cell methuselah with lifespan 23801. Found by Simon Ekström in February 2017.
  • early_life/ark_736692.txt: "736,692" -> "736692". Also, rotate the pattern 180 degrees to match the orientation in Figure 1.30.
  • early_life/block_parents.txt: Replace with

#C Block parents
    x = 45, y = 2, rule = B3/S23
    2o6bo5bo2bo6bo9b2o6bobo$2o5b2o6b2o6bob2o5b2o7bobo!
  • early_life/goe_record_orphan.txt: Replace with

#C The smallest known Garden of Eden (by size of its orphan).
    x = 11, y = 9, rule = B3/S23
    2b2ob3obo$bo2bobobo$ob3o2b3o$bobobo2bobo$b3o2b2o2bo$2o3b2o2bo$obobob3o
    $o2bobo2bo$b3o2b4o!
  • early_life/1_row_eg.txt: Remove lone dot in bottom right corner of pattern

File suggestions (use your discretion): NJ 1/4: Done this heading.
  • cover/gosper_glider_gun.txt: Reverse the pattern by 1 generation to match the phase in the cover image.
Edit:
Here are my comments for the Chapter 1 exercises:

Issues requiring action:
  • Solution to Exercise 1.5(c): The phase of the queen bee shown in Figure 1.15 occurs in generation 776, not 774.
  • Exercise 1.17: The exercise claims that the pattern takes 6526589 generations to stabilize, but it seemed to be 6526574 when I ran it. Am I missing some late-evolving region? Please check this.
  • Exercise 1.17(a) and solution: The blinker does not create the backward-firing switch engine as claimed in the solution. Instead, it simply creates the debris field that the glider streams collide with. It's correct to say that the two backward glider streams are the reason the ark takes so long to stabilize, but this has little inherently to do with the blinker, as claimed in the problem statement.
  • Solution to Exercise 1.17(b): The solution claims that both switch engines are transformed into block-laying switch engines, but only one of them is transformed, while the other is destroyed.
Suggestions (use your discretion):
  • Exercise 1.19: Image should maybe have associated RLE
Miscellaneous comments (no changes suggested):
  • Exercise 1.19(b): As noted in my chapter 1 corrections above, the RLE associated with Figure 1.36(b) is incorrect (the image is correct, but the RLE is Steven Eker's slightly larger 89-cell orphan). I checked each of these with JLS to confirm that they are indeed orphans. I also confirmed that Figure 1.41 is an orphan.
  • Exercise 1.19(c): I checked this with JLS based on the form that I mentioned in the chapter 1 corrections above. In fact, even more cells can be removed without affecting the grandparentless property of the pattern, as I noted here.
-Matthias Merzenich

Sokwe

Post by Sokwe » December 30th, 2021, 6:19 am

Here are my comments for Chapter 2 (including exercises). Line numbers do not include section headings, figure and table captions, theorem statements, or footnotes. Negative line numbers mean they are counted from the bottom of the page, with Line -1 being the last line on the page. Problems are sometimes (but not always) bolded and marked in red, while corrections are sometimes bolded and marked in blue. These comments are based on the book version from December 17.

Issues requiring action: NJ 1/1: Done the stuff in this heading.
  • Page 36 Figure 2.3: "that have more than 3 neighbors" -> "that have more than 3 live neighbors" and remove the comma between "blocks" and "but"
  • Page 37 Line -4: "made up from two" -> "made up of two"
  • Page 38 Line 9: "branch, curve, loop around" -> "branch, curve, and loop around"
  • Page 40 Line 1: "top-left corner make it extremely" -> "top-left corner makes it extremely"
  • Page 40 Line -9: Remove comma between "them" and "and" (I think)
  • Page 42 Line 6: "in the position shown" -> "in the positions shown"
  • Page 42 Figure 2.22(a): Two of the gray cells should be white (off), as they would interfere with the eating reaction if they were on. The image should look like this:

x = 17, y = 14, rule = LifeHistory
    B$2B$3B13.B$3BA11.2B$.ABA10.3B$2.2A9.A3B$5.2A6.ABA$F4.A.A5.2A$2F5.A2.
    2A$3F4.2FA.A4.F$9FA5.2F$10F4.3F$17F$17F!
  • Page 45 Line -9: "the live cells ends up" -> "the live cell ends up"
  • Page 47 Table 2.2: I think 9 blocks is the unique 36-cell still life in an 8x8 bounding box. If not, can you show me another example?
    NJ 12/31: You're right -- I've double-checked that 7x7 and 8x8 are both unique (7x7 unique up to reflection---otherwise there are two solutions).The 4x4, 6x6, 9x9, and 10x10 cases are definitely not unique.
  • Page 49 Lines 12-13: "one at a time, checking whether" -> "one at a time, and checking whether"
  • Page 50 Lines 1-2: "like the one in Figure 2.34." -> "like those in Figure 2.34."
  • Solution to Exercise 2.3(b): The given solution is incorrect. It can be split into two still lifes like so:

x = 9, y = 8, rule = LifeHistory
    4.A$2A.A.A$A.2A.3A$8.A$.2E.2E.2A$.E3.E.A$2.E.E3.A$.2E.2E.2A!
  • Exercise 2.4: "how we turned in the path" -> "how we turned the path"
  • Exercise 2.17: As mentioned above, I think 9 blocks is the unique 36-cell still life in an 8x8 bounding box.
  • Solution to Exercise 2.19(c): I can think of two ways to "mimic the calculation at the start of the proof of Theorem 2.2", but neither of them give me the inequality in the solution provided for Exercise 2.19(c).
    1. I could assume that the 4(n+1) border cells each give all 6 of their tokens to the n by n region, giving an inequality of $11L \leq 6n^2 + 24n + 24$.
    2. I could assume that I already know the token distribution scheme, so 4(n-2) border cells each give 3 tokens, 8 corner-adjacent border cells each give 2 tokens, and 4 corner border cells each give 1 token. This gives an inequality of $11L \leq 6n^2 + 4(n-2)*3 + 8*2 + 4 = 6n^2 + 12n - 4$.
    The first assumption is the one that most closely mimics the calculation at the start of the proof of Theorem 2.2.
  • Exercise 2.20(c): "a still life with an $2 \times n$ bounding box" -> "a still life with a $2 \times n$ bounding box"
Suggestions: NJ 1/2: Done the stuff in this heading.
  • Page 45 Line 9: I think the dash between "reflection" and "these" should be replaced with a period.
File issues requiring action:
  • still_lifes/small_still_lifes.txt: Replace with this to match order in Figure 2.1:

#C All still lifes with seven or fewer live cells.
    x = 57, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
    8bo19b2o6b2o6b2o8bo$2o5bobo8bob2o5bobo5bo2bo5bo2bo5bobo$2o6bo9b2obo5b
    2o7b2o8b2o6bobo$55bo7$bo16b2o10bo7bo7b2o$obo15bobobo6bobo5bobo6bobo$2o
    19b2o5bobo6bo2bo7bo$28b2o8b2o8b2o!
  • still_lifes/small_still_lifes_table.txt: Replace with this to correct misaligned pseudo still lifes:

#C A selection of small still lifes. The still lifes on the left are
    #C strict, while the ones on the right are pseudo.
    x = 83, y = 186, rule = B3/S23
    8bo$2o5bobo$2o6bo6$bo$obo$2o6$10b2o6b2o6b2o8bo$ob2o5bobo5bo2bo5bo2bo5b
    obo$2obo5b2o7b2o8b2o6bobo$37bo6$bo9bo6b2o8b2o$obo7bobo5bobobo5bobo$o2b
    o5bobo9b2o7bo$b2o6b2o19b2o6$b2o7bo8b2o7b2o9bo$o2bo5bobo7bobo6bobo7bobo
    29b2ob2o$o2bo6bobo7bobo8bo7bobo28b2ob2o$b2o9bo8b2o9bo7bobo$12b2o17b2o
    8bo6$2bo8bo11b2o5b2o$bobo6bobo10bo6bobo41bo$bobo6b2obo7bobo8bo37b2obob
    o$2ob2o8bo6bobo9bobo35b2ob2o$13b2o5b2o11b2o6$2ob2o6b2o12b2o6b2o$2obo6b
    o2bo8bo2bo6bo2bo35bo3bo$3bo7b2obo6bobobo7bobo34bobobobo$3b2o9bo7bobo7b
    2ob2o34b2ob2o$14b2o7bo5$15bo7bo7b2o$4b2o8bobo5bobo6bobob2o37bo$bo2bo9b
    2o6b2obo7bobo34b2obobo$obobo7b2o11bo7bobo34b2obo2bo$o2bo7bobo8b3o9bo
    39b2o$b2o8b2o9bo6$o2bo5bo2bo7b2ob2o6b2o3bo37b2o$4o5b4o7b2obobo6bo2bobo
    32b2obo2bo$23bobo6bobo2bo32b2obo2bo$4o7b4o8b2o8bo3b2o35b2o$o2bo7bo2bo
    5$2ob2o7bo4bo7b2obo8b2ob2o29b2ob2o$bobobo5bobo2bobo5bo2b2o9bobobobo25b
    obobobo$o2bobo6b2o3bo6b2o3b2o7bo4b2o26bo3bobo$2o2bo9b3o12bobo5b2o37b2o
    $14bo15bo4$b2o7b2o$o2bo5bo2bo9b2o54b2o$b3o6b3o8bob3o6b2ob2ob2o30b2o6bo
    $21bo4bo5bob2ob2o2bo28bobobobobo$b3o8b3o7b3obo13b2o31b2ob2o$o2bo8bo2bo
    8b2o$b2o10b2o5$2o2b2ob2o6b2o3bo3b2o5bob2ob2obo31bo6b2o$o2bob2o2bo5bobo
    bobobobo5b2obobob2o30bobob2obobo$b2o5b2o8b2ob2o11bo36b2ob2ob2o$34b2o6$
    b2ob2o6b2ob2ob2o6b2o3b2o37b2o$obobobo6bob2obo6bo2bobo2bo36bo5b2ob2o$ob
    obobo6bo4bo7bobobobo39bobo2b2obo$b2ob2o6b2o4b2o7b2ob2o39b2ob2o6$2bo3bo
    7b2obo8b2obobo41bob2o$bobobobo6bob4o7bob2obo38b3ob2o$bobobobo12bo5bo5b
    o37bo$2obobob2o5bob4o6bob2obo39b3ob2o$4bo9b2obo9bob2o42bob2o6$27b2o42b
    2obo$2o3b2o6b2obo9bo2bob2o39bob3o$obobobo5bobob3o6bobobob2o38bo5bo$2bo
    bo7bo6bo5bobobo40bo5bo$obobobo6b3obobo6bo2bo41b3obo$2o3b2o8bob2o8b2o
    44bob2o5$b2ob2o9bo13b2ob2o3b2o34bobo$obobobo7bobob2o9b2obo5bo32b3ob3o$
    o3bo2bo6bobobobob2o8bo4bo32bo7bo$b3obobo5b2obobob2obo8bobobo34b3ob2obo
    $3bob2o10bo13b2ob2o37bobobo5$2obob2o5bo2bo2bo5bo2b2o$ob3obo5b7o5b4obob
    2o37b2o$29bobo38bobob2ob2ob2o$ob3obo5b7o7b2obobo39b2ob2ob2obobo$2obob
    2o5bo2bo2bo7b2ob2o50b2o6$2obob2o9b2ob2o13bobo36bobob2o$bob2obo8bobobob
    o10b3ob3o32b3ob2obo$bo4bob2o6bo2bobo2b2o5bo7bo30bo$2b3obo2bo9bobobobo
    5bob2ob2obo31b3ob2obo$4bob2o12b2ob2o7bobobobo34bobob2o$35bo5$bo3bo10b
    2ob2o8b2o3b2o34b2obob2o$obobobob2o6b2obo2bo5bo2bobo2bo33bob2ob2o$obobo
    bobobo8bob2o5b2obobob2o$b2obobobobo5b2obo11bobo37b3ob2o$5bo3bo6bo2bob
    2o8bobo36bo2bobobo$18b2ob2o7b2ob2o36b2o3bo5$4b2o11b2ob2o9b2o3bo36bo$3b
    o2bob2o6bobobobo7bo2bobobo34bobo$3b2obobobo5bo5bo7b2obob2o35bobo3bo$2o
    bo2bobobo6b5o9bobo37b2ob2obobo$2obobo3bo18b3o2bo44bo$4bo12b2ob2o6bo4bo
    bo34bob2ob3o$17b2ob2o12b2o34b2obobo!
  • still_lifes/triple_pseudo_still_life.txt: Flip over a diagonal line of slope 1 to match the orientation in Figure 2.4(a)
  • still_lifes/messy_pseudo_still_life.txt: Rotate 90 degrees clockwise to match the orientation in Figure 2.5
  • still_lifes/hook_tail_examples.txt: Replace with this to remove beehive with tail since it is not included in Figure 2.9, and it messes up the numbering mentioned in the figure caption:

#C Several still lifes that use hooks and/or tails to stabilize their
    #C ends.
    x = 54, y = 5, rule = B3/S23
    2o8b2o9bo8bo8b2o8b2o$obo6bo2bo7bobo6bobo7bobo7bobo$2bo7bobo7bobo7bobo
    7bobo8bo$2b2o5b2ob2o5b2ob2o8bo9bo8bobo$32b2o8b2o8b2o!
  • still_lifes/eater_1_multi.txt: Replace with this to match order in Figure 2.15:

#C Eater 1 about to eat a glider, a middleweight spaceship, a 
    #C lightweight spaceship, and several other objects.
    x = 78, y = 8, rule = B3/S23
    71bo$2bo9b4o8b5o9b2o10bo9bo9bobo$obo8bo3bo7bo4bo9b2o10bo8bobo8bobo$b2o
    12bo12bo9b2o10bo7bo2bo9b2o$4b2o5bo2bo2b2o4bo3bo2b2o9b2o9b2o5b2o2b2o9b
    2o$4bobo10bobo5bo4bobo8bobo8bobo8bobo8bobo$6bo12bo12bo10bo10bo10bo10bo
    $6b2o11b2o11b2o9b2o9b2o9b2o9b2o!
  • still_lifes/solution_weld_4.txt: Advance pattern by 4 generations to put eater in the required bounding area.
  • oscillators/honeyfarm_hasslers.txt: Rename to honey_farm_hasslers.txt and replace with this:

#C A collection of honey farm hasslers arranged by their period.
    #C Found by many different authors, starting as early as 1976.
    #C www.conwaylife.com/wiki/Honey_farm_hassler
    x = 641, y = 456, rule = B3/S23
    348b2o$348b2o$340b3o$339bo3bo$314b2o8bo13bo5bo$314b2o6b3o13bo5bo$321bo
    16bo5bo160b2o$321b2o5b2o9bo3bo2b2o157bobo$329b2o9b3o3bobo158bo2b2o$
    328bo19bo142b2o13b2obobo$318b3o27b2o142bo16bo$317bo3bo170bobo11b4o$
    154bo161bo5bo170b2o11bo3b2o100bo7b2o$28bo125b3o160bo3bo185b3o2bo99b3o
    5b2o7bo$7b2obo17b3o97b2obo6b2obo15bo17bo112b2obo5b2o19b3o24bo107b2o3b
    2o4b2obo41bob2o60b2obo4b2o3b2o18bo8bo11b3o$7bob2o20bo96bob2o6bob2o14b
    2o15b3o112bob2o6bo47b2o105b2o3b2o4bob2o19bo21bo63bob2o4b2o3b2o18b3o5b
    2o10bo$5b2o4b2o17b2o9b2o89b2o8b2o28bo119b2o3bo47b2o115b2o23b3o18b2o61b
    2o4b2o30bo16b2o$5bo5bo29bo90bo9bo19bo9b2o118bo4b2o154b2o3b2o2bo27bo8b
    3o69bo5bo3b2o3b2o20b2o6b3o$6bo5bo19b3o4bobo91bo9bo17bobo129bo159bobobo
    bo3bo19b2o4b2o7bo3bo69bo5bo2bobobobo27bo3bo$5b2o4b2o18bo3bo3b2o91b2o8b
    2o16b2ob2o127b2o3b2o156bobo4b2o20bo12bo5bo67b2o4b2o4bobo28bo5bo$7b2obo
    19bo5bo91b2obo6b2obo19bobo3bo120b2obo6bo155b2obo6b2obo16bobo4b3o3bo5bo
    69b2obo5b2obo28bo5bo7b2ob2o$7bob2o19bo5bo91bob2o6bob2o20bo3bobo119bob
    2o5bo160b2o4bob2o17b2o3bo3bo2bo5bo69bob2o9b2o10b2o14bo5bo7b2obo2bo$5b
    2o4b2o17bo5bo89b2o8b2o27b2ob2o122b2o3b2o160bo8b2o19bo5bo2bo3bo3b2o69b
    2o8bo9bo2bo2b2o10bo3bo11bob2o$5bo5bo14b2o3bo3bo90bo9bo29bobo123bo165bo
    9bo20bo5bo3b3o4bobo68bo8bo11b2o2bobo11b3o12bo$6bo5bo12bobo4b3o92bo9bo
    18b2o9bo125bo3b2o23b2o134b2o9bo19bo5bo12bo69bo7b2o12b2o28b2o$5b2o4b2o
    12bo100b2o8b2o19bo134b2o4bo22b2o136bo8b2o20bo3bo7b2o4b2o67b2o8bo12bo
    26bobo2b2o$7b2obo13b2o9b2o91b2obo6b2obo12b3o15b2o114b2obo5bo25bo24b3o
    107bo5b2obo23b3o8bo70b2obo9bo10b2obo26b2o2bo2bo$7bob2o24bo92bob2o6bob
    2o12bo17bo115bob2o5b2o48bo3bo106b2o4bob2o15b2o18b3o67bob2o9b2o9bo2bob
    2o28b2o$36b3o134b3o170bo5bo130bo21bo93b2ob2o$38bo136bo171bo3bo128b2obo
    $319b2o27b3o129bo2b3o$320bo19bo140b2o3bo11b2o122b2o$320bobo3b3o9b2o
    143b4o11bobo103b2o16bo$321b2o2bo3bo9b2o5b2o135bo16bo104bo10b2o5b3o$
    324bo5bo16bo133bobob2o13b2o100b3o11bo8bo$324bo5bo13b3o6b2o126b2o2bo
    116bo7b2o5b3o$324bo5bo13bo8b2o130bobo122b2o7bo$325bo3bo156b2o$326b3o$
    319b2o$319b2o2$36bo129b2o16b2o35bo2bo$5b2obo27b3o126bobo16bobo33bo$5bo
    b2o30bo9b2o4b2o108bo20bo31b2o$3b2o4b2o27b2o8bobo3bo108b2ob4o12b4ob2o
    26bo6b2obo137b2o3bobo$3bo5bo15b2ob2o3b2o13bo8bo104bobobo2bo12bo2bobobo
    28bo3bo2bo136bo5bobo$4bo5bo15bobobobobo12b2o6bo2bo103bobob2o2b2o8b2o2b
    2obobo28b3obo3bo133bo4bobo2b2obo$3b2o4b2o15bo3bobo7b3o3b2o2bob2o2bob3o
    98b2obob2o2b2o2bo6bo2b2o2b2obob2o22bo11bo132b4obob2o4b2o$5b2obo15bobo
    3b2o3bo3bo3bo2b2o2b2o2bobo4bo98bobobob2o2b2obo4bob2o2b2obobobo24bo3bob
    3o140bobo5b2o230b2o2bo16b2o$5bob2o13b3obo3b3o2bo2bo5bo2bo2b3o3bob3o99b
    o2bo4b2o3bo4bo3b2o4bo2bo25bo2bo3bo137b3o2bo4bobob2o113b2o108b2o2b2o3bo
    $9b2o10bo4bobo2b2o2b2o2bo3bo3bo3b2o3bobo100b2o3b3obob3o6b3obob3o3b2o
    24bob2o6bo134bo4b2o4bo3b3o112bo108b2o7bo14bo3bo$9bo12b3obo2b2obo2b2o3b
    3o7bobo3bo109bo3bo10bo3bo37b2o153b2obo6bo103bobo111b4o14bo4bo$10bo13bo
    2bo6b2o12bobobobobo72b2obo4b2o3b2o13b6o26b6o27bo13b4o140b3o3b3o104b2o
    128bobobo$9b2o14bo8bo13b2o3b2ob2o71bob2o4b2o3b2o12bo2bo3bo4bo14bo4bo3b
    o2bo13b2o7bo2bo9b2o7bo144bo8bo58b2o3b2o4b2obo105b2obo6b2obo35bobobo$5b
    2obo19bo3bobo8b2o88b2o21b2o3b2o5bo14bo5b2o3b2o9b2obo2bob2o16b2o2b2o3bo
    126b2o3b2o11b2o5b3o58b2o3b2o4bob2o105bob2o6bob2o33bo4bo$5bob2o17b2o4b
    2o9bo89bo3b2o3b2o17bo28bo14b2o2bo4bo20b2o2bo127b2o3b2o17bo70b2o25b2o
    19b4o57b2o4b2o2b2o27b3o7bo3bo$44b3o87bo2bobobobo15bobo28bobo17bo10bo
    140b2o8b2o8b3o6b2o60b2o3b2o2bo27bo18b2o2bo57bo5bo3bo27bo3bo$46bo86b2o
    4bobo12bo4bobo28bobo4bo13bobo6bobo4bo109bo19b5o2bo6b3o7bo3bo67bobobobo
    3bo26bobo3b3o9b2o2bo59bo5bo3bo25bo5bo7b2o$129b2obo5b2obo12b3o5bo5bo14b
    o5bo5b3o21bo3bo2bobo106b3o19b4o2bo7bobo6bo5bo68bobo4b2o27b2o2bo3bo9bo
    2bo13bo44b2o4b2o2b2o25bo5bo$129bob2o9b2o13bo4bo4bobo12bobo4bo4bo24bo3b
    obo3bo58b2obo6b2obo32bo8b2o15b3o3b2o3bo2bo5bo5bo67b2obo6b2obo26bo5bo9b
    2o14b3o44b2obo6b2obo21bo5bo$127b2o14bo12bo5bo3b2ob2o10b2ob2o3bo5bo23bo
    3bobo3bo58bob2o6bob2o32b2o30b2o4bobo5bo5bo14b2o3b2o50b2o4bob2o26bo5bo
    28bo43bob2o6bob2o13b2o7bo3bo$127bo14bo13b2o4bo4bobo12bobo4bo4b2o24bobo
    2bo3bo62b2o8b2o38bo3bo26bo7bo3bo15b2o3b2o51bo2b2o4b2o24bo5bo9b2o14b3o
    48b2o2b2o4b2o21b3o$128bo13b2o18bo5bo14bo5bo31bo4bobo6bobo54bo9bo28b3o
    7bo4bo10b2o23b3o11b2o8b2o50bo3bo5bo26bo3bo9bo2bo13bo50bo3bo5bo11bo3bo$
    127b2o14bo15bobo28bobo34bo10bo54bo9bo26bo3bo5bobobo12b2o3b2o6b2o19b5o
    2bo6b3o50b2o3bo5bo19b2o5b3o9b2o2bo65bo3bo5bo9bo4bo$129b2obo9bo16bobo
    28bobo16bo2b2o20bo4bo2b2o48b2o8b2o25bo5bo3bobobo18b2o6b2o3b2o14b4o2bo
    7bobo51bo2b2o4b2o19b2o18b2o2bo63b2o2b2o4b2o8bobobo$129bob2o9b2o17bo28b
    o17bo3b2o2b2o16b2obo2bob2o44b2obo6b2obo27bo5bobo4bo32b2o17b3o3b2o3bo2b
    o49bo5b2obo42b4o59b2obo6b2obo9bobobo$156b2o3b2o5bo14bo5b2o3b2o12bo7b2o
    9bo2bo7b2o48bob2o6bob2o18bo8bo5bobo3bo18bo39b2o4bobo49b2o4bob2o105bob
    2o6bob2o7bo4bo14b4o$156bo2bo3bo4bo14bo4bo3bo2bo13b4o13bo65b2o2b2o32bo
    3bo24bobo4b2o39bo186bo3bo14bo7b2o$157b6o26b6o29b2o66bo3bo21b3obo8b3o5b
    2o18bo2bo3b2o3b3o17b2o94b2o38b2o84bo3b2o2b2o$34b2o130bo3bo10bo3bo35bo
    6b2obo61bo3bo19bob2o39bobo7bo2b4o14b2o3b2o6b2o80bobo38bobo66b2o16bo2b
    2o$33bobo123b2o3b3obob3o6b3obob3o3b2o31bo3bo2bo60b2o2b2o19b2obo39b3o6b
    o2b5o19b2o6b2o3b2o76bo40bo$33bo126bo2bo4b2o3bo4bo3b2o4bo2bo32b3obo3bo
    55b2obo6b2obo13bob3o5b2o33b2o8b2o11b3o23b2o83b2o$31b2ob4o122bobobob2o
    2b2obo4bob2o2b2obobobo29bo11bo54bob2o6bob2o23b2o33b2o3b2o15bo3bo7bo
    101bo$30bobobo2bo23bo10bo86b2obob2o2b2o2bo6bo2b2o2b2obob2o29bo3bob3o
    86bo42b2o3b2o14bo5bo5bobo4b2o82b2o7b2o2bo19b2o11b2o$30bobobo26b3o6b3o
    89bobob2o2b2o8b2o2b2obobo33bo2bo3bo150bo5bo5bo2bo3b2o3b3o76b2o8bo2bo
    18b2o12b2o$b2o4b2o19b2o2bo31bo4bo3b2o87bobobo2bo12bo2bobobo33bob2o6bo
    147bo5bo6bobo7bo2b4o84bobo19b5o$2bo5bo18bo4b2o29b2o5b3o2bo87b2ob4o12b
    4ob2o40b2o151bo3bo7b3o6bo2b5o84b2o21b4o$bo5bo19b5o10b2o15b2o11bobobob
    2obo83bo20bo41bo146b2o6b3o8b2o8b2o$b2o4b2o16b2o4bo10bo16bo13bo2bobob2o
    83bobo16bobo37bo2bo148bo17b2o3b2o94b2o21b4o$24bo2b3o4b3o3bobo17bo4b3o
    4bo2b2o89b2o16b2o187b3o5b2o11b2o3b2o94bobo19b5o$b2o4b2o14bobobo5bo3bo
    2b2o17b2o3bo3bo8bo295bo8bo101b2o8bo2bo18b2o12b2o$2bo5bo15bo2bo4bo5bo
    24bo5bobo307b3o3b3o96b2o7b2o2bo19b2o11b2o$bo5bo17b2o5bo5bo5b2o10bo6bo
    5bo6bo302bo6bob2o106bo$b2o4b2o23bo5bo4bo2bo14bobo5bo126bo191b3o3bo4b2o
    4bo88b2o$29b2o2bo3bo5bobobo7bo8bo3bo3b2o122b3o191b2obobo4bo2b3o81bo40b
    o$b2o4b2o19bobo3b3o4b3o2bo9b2o2bo4b3o4bo126bo24b2o167b2o5bobo83bobo38b
    obo$2bo5bo19bo10bo4b2o5b2obobo2bo13bo124bo4b2o19bobo166b2o4b2obob4o79b
    2o38b2o$bo5bo19b2o10b5o7bob2obobobo11b2o123bob2ob3o21bo167bob2o2bobo4b
    o$b2o4b2o28b2o4bo13bo2b3o5b2o127bobobob2o14b2o4b2ob2obo165bobo5bo$38bo
    2b2o15b2o3bo4bo129bo9b2o9bobo5b2ob2o165bobo3b2o$36bobobo19b3o6b3o127b
    3o7b2o10bo4bo127bo5bo$33bo2bobobo19bo10bo128b3o3bo12bo3bo2bo126b3o3b3o
    $33b4ob2o160b3o3b2o13bobob2o125bobobobobobo252b2o9b2o$37bo162b3o4bo9bo
    3bo4bo124b2obobobobob2o207b2o5b2obo6b2obo22bo2bo7bo2bo4bo$35bobo163bo
    12bobo3bo4b3o106b2o15bob4ob4obo15b2o191bo5bob2o6bob2o22b3o9b3o3bobo$
    35b2o177bo6bo4bo108bo15b5o3b5o15bo191bo4b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o23b9o6bobo$173b
    2o39bob2o3bobob2o107bo45bo190b2o3bo5bo3bo5bo23bo2b5o2bo4b2obob2o$172bo
    bo44bo3bo2bo89b2o15bob3o7bo23bo7b3obo15b2o112b2o64bo5bo3bo5bo22b2o2b3o
    2b2o3bo3bobo2bo$172bo38bobo7bo4bo89b2obo6b2o5bo2bo7bobo8b2ob2o8bobo7bo
    2bo5b2o6bob2o112bo59b2o3b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o36bob3o3b2o$167bob2ob2o4b2o30bo
    2bo5bobo5b2ob2o88bo5bobob2ob2o3bo5bobo7bobobobo7bobo5bo3b2ob2obobo5bo
    114bobo60bo3bo5bo3bo5bo42bo$167b2ob2o5bobo9b2o10b3o6bo3bo4b2o4b2ob2obo
    85bo10bobobo2b3obo3b2o2b2o6bo3bo6b2o2b2o3bob3o2bobobo10bo55b2o3b2o4b2o
    bo41b2o60bo5bo5bo3bo5bo36b2ob3o$172bo4bo10b2o10bo3bo5bo3b2o10bo91bob2o
    5b2o3bobo3bobobo2bobo19bobo2bobobo3bobo3b2o5b2obo56b2o3b2o4bob2o103b2o
    3b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o37bo$172bo2bo3bo12bo6bo5bo4bo3b2o10bo93b2o3b2obo5bob2o
    2bob2obobo19bobob2obo2b2obo5bob2o3b2o67b2o4b2o106bo5bo3bo5bo39b4o$172b
    2obobo13b2o6bo5bo4bo3bo4b2o4b2ob2obo93bobo3b2obo2b2obobo2bob2o10bo6b2o
    bo2bobob2o2bob2o3bobo63b2o3b2o2bo5bo16b2o8b2o16b2o56b2o4bo5bo3bo5bo42b
    o$172bo4bo3bo9bo7bo5bo4bo2bo5bobo5b2ob2o94bo2bo6bobo2b3o5bo9bo5bo5b3o
    2bobo6bo2bo64bobobobo3bo5bo14bo2bo7b2o16bo58bo3b2o4b2o2b2o4b2o24b3o11b
    4o$171b3o4bo3bobo15bo3bo6bobo7bo4bo100b9o4bo3b2o3bo4bo5bo4bo3b2o3bo4b
    9o67bobo4b2o4b2o13bo2bo18b3o3bobo57bo6b2obo6b2obo25bo3bo9bo$172bo4bo6b
    o16b3o15bo3bo2bo122bo3bobo9bo88b2obo6b2obo15bo6bo13bo3bo2b2o58b2o5bob
    2o6bob2o24bo5bo7b2ob3o$172b2obobo3b2obo29bob2o3bobob2o100b9o4bo3b2o3bo
    2b2ob2o8bo3b2o3bo4b9o70b2o4bob2o14bo2bo3bobo11bo5bo106bo5bo12bo$31b2o
    10b2o28b2o97bo2bo3bo15b3o16bo6bo4bo99bo2bo6bobo2b3o5bo3bobo9bo5b3o2bob
    o6bo2bo70bo2b2o4b2o13b3o3b2o12bo5bo106bo5bo7bob3o3b2o$30bo2bo8bo2bo26b
    obo5bo91bo4bo7bobo6bo3bo15bobo3bo4b3o97bobo3b2obo2b2obobo2bob2o5bo5bo
    5b2obo2bobob2o2bob2o3bobo68bo3bo5bo34bo5bo107bo3bo8bo3bobo2bo$30b3o2b
    6o2b3o26bo7b3o84b2ob2o5bobo5bo2bo4bo5bo7bo9bo3bo4bo93b2o3b2obo5bob2o2b
    ob2obobo11bo7bobob2obo2b2obo5bob2o3b2o63b2o3bo5bo13b3o3b2o13bo3bo98bo
    10b3o10b2obob2o$33b2o6b2o26b2ob2o4b2o3bo83bob2ob2o4b2o4bo3bo4bo5bo6b2o
    13bobob2o91bob2o5b2o3bobo3bobobo2bobo11bo7bobo2bobobo3bobo3b2o5b2obo
    62bo2b2o4b2o12bo2bo3bobo13b3o98bobo23bobo$32bo10bo23bo2bo2bo3bobo2b2o
    8b2o78bo10b2o3bo4bo5bo6bo12bo3bo2bo90bo10bobobo2b3obo3b2o2b2o17b2o2b2o
    3bob3o2bobobo10bo60bo5b2obo15bo6bo115bobo23bobo$b2o4b2obo13b2o6b2obo4b
    ob2o23b2o4b2o2bo14bo79bo10b2o3bo5bo3bo10b2o10bo4bo93bo5bobob2ob2o3bo5b
    obo21bobo5bo3b2ob2obobo5bo63b2o4bob2o15bo2bo116b2obob2o10b3o10bo$2bo4b
    ob2o13bobo10b2o34b5obo5bo4bobo10b2o62bob2ob2o4b2o4bo3bo6b3o10b2o9bobo
    5b2ob2o84b2obo6b2o5bo2bo7bobo8bo3bo8bobo7bo2bo5b2o6bob2o85bo2bo23b2o
    88bo2bobo3bo8bo3bo$bo9b2o13b3o25b2o17bo3b3o4bobo3b2o5bo5bobo61b2ob2o5b
    obo5bo2bo30b2o4b2ob2obo84b2o15bob3o7bo8bobobobo8bo7b3obo15b2o86b2o11b
    2o11bobo87b2o3b3obo7bo5bo$b2o8bo13bo3bo9bo13bobo16bo6b2o2bo3bo7b3o7bo
    66bo4bo7bobo38bo107bo20b2ob2o20bo117b2o13bo91bo12bo5bo$12bo12b5o3bo4bo
    bo10b3o18b2o4b3o2bo3bo6bo3b2o4b2ob2o63bo2bo3bo44bobo108bo43bo133b2o90b
    3ob2o7bo5bo$b2o8b2o15b2o3b3obo3bo8bo3bo17bo6b2o2bo3bo6b2o2bobo3bo2bo2b
    o61b2obobo3b2obo39b2o108b2o43b2o228bo9bo3bo$2bo4b2obo14b5o3bo3bo3bo4b
    5o2b2o18bo3b3o4bobo13bo2b2o4b2o61bo4bo6bo166b5o3b5o241b4o11b3o$bo5bob
    2o14bo3bo7bo3bo3b3ob2o22b5obo5bo6bo5bob5o66b3o4bo3bobo12bo153bob4ob4ob
    o240bo$b2o2b2o19b3o9bobo5b5o2b2o12b2o4b2o2bo13bobo4b3o3bo67bo4bo3bo9bo
    4b3o152b2obobobobob2o241b4o$5bo18bobo12bo10bo3bo12bo2bo2bo3bobo2b2o6bo
    3bo2b2o6bo66b2obobo13b2o3b3o153bobobobobobo246bo$b2o3bo17b2o5b2o18b3o
    15b2ob2o4b2o3bo6bo3bo2b3o4b2o66bo2bo3bo12bo3b3o154b3o3b3o243b3ob2o$2bo
    2b2o24bo10bo10bobo16bo7b3o7bo3bo2b2o6bo66bo4bo10b2o7b3o154bo5bo244bo$b
    o5b2obo17b2obobo3b2ob3o11b2o16bobo5bo5b2o3bobo4b3o3bo62b2ob2o5bobo9b2o
    9bo400b2o3b3obo$b2o4bob2o17bob2obo3bo2b2o31b2o10bobo4bo5bob5o62bob2ob
    2o4b2o14b2obobobo399bo2bobo3bo3b2o2b3o2b2o$33bo5b2ob2o41bo14bo2b2o4b2o
    61bo21b3ob2obo401b2obob2o4bo2b5o2bo$33bob4o3bo41b2o8b2o2bobo3bo2bo2bo
    61bobo19b2o4bo405bobo6b9o$34bo3bobobo51bo3b2o4b2ob2o64b2o24bo301bo104b
    obo3b3o9b3o$35bo3bobo53b3o7bo94b3o252b2obo6b2obo32b3o26bobo74bo4bo2bo
    7bo2bo$34b2o4bo56bo5bobo96bo252bob2o6bob2o35bo25b2obo79b2o9b2o$103b2o
    348b2o8b2o4b2o32b2o18b2o3b2o3bo$453bo9bo5bo54bo2bo3b2ob2o$288b2obo6b2o
    bo32b2o118bo9bo5bo34b3o16bobob3obobobo$288bob2o6bob2o23bo7bobo117b2o8b
    2o4b2o15b2o16bo3bo14b2obo5bo2bobo$292b2o2b2o25b3o8bo120b2obo4bo5bo16bo
    10b2o4bo5bo16bo3bob2obo2bo$292bo3bo25bo132bob2o5bo5bo16bo9b2o4bo5bo14b
    2o9b4o$293bo3bo24b2o135b2o2b2o4b2o13b3obob2o11bo5bo21b3obo$292b2o2b2o
    32b3o126bo3bo5bo13bo4bobobo11bo3bo14b2ob2obobobo2b3o$288b2obo6b2obo27b
    o3bo126bo3bo5bo11bo2bobo2bobo3bobo6b3o6b3o6bobo3bobo2bobo2bo$288bob2o
    6bob2o17b3o6bo5bob2o121b2o2b2o4b2o12b3o2bobobob2ob2o14bo3bo11bobobo4bo
    $292b2o8b2o10b2o2bo3bo6bo3bo2b2o117b2obo6b2obo17bob3o21bo5bo11b2obob3o
    $292bo9bo11b2obo5bo6b3o122bob2o6bob2o14b4o9b2o14bo5bo4b2o9bo$215b2o76b
    o9bo14bo3bo160bo2bob2obo3bo16bo5bo4b2o10bo$215bo76b2o8b2o15b3o162bobo
    2bo5bob2o14bo3bo16b2o$23bo137b2o4b2o9b2o27b2o3b2obo72b2obo6b2obo26b2o
    155bobobob3obobo16b3o$21b5o51bo83bobo2bobo9b2o27bo4bobo73bob2o6bob2o
    27bo156b2ob2o3bo2bo103bo7b2o10bob2o4b2obo$20bo5bo48b5o83bo2bo41b3obo
    104bo8b3o159bo3b2o3b2o18b2o82b3o5b2o10b2o2bo2bo2b2o$20bo2b3o13b2o33bo
    5bo81bo4bo42bob2o102bobo7bo161bob2o25bo77bo8bo14b2o3bo4bo3b2o$19b2obo
    16bo34bo2b3o10b2o70b6o148b2o171bobo26b3o74b3o5b2o13bo3b2ob4ob2o3bo$b2o
    2b2obo9bo3b3o11b2obo33b2obo13bo37b2obo6bob2o21b4o20b2o14b2o17bo2b2o
    293bo77bo20b3obobo2bobob3o$2bo2bob2o10bobo3bo7b2o3bo33bo3b2o9b2obo9bo
    27bob2o6b2obo45bo15bo2b2o5b3o6b2o2bo344b2o3b2o3bob2o12b2o6b3o13bobobo
    2bobobo$bo7b2o7b2ob3o2bo4bo41bobo2bo10bo6bo2bobo30b2o2b2o19b2o19b3o4bo
    bo16b2obo4bo3bo4b5o346bo4bo3b2obo19bo3bo15bo4bo$b2o6bo16bo4bo40b2ob2ob
    2o5bo8b6obo30bo4bo20bo18bo3bo3b2o21bo2bo5bo353bo4bo8b2o16bo5bo15bo2bo$
    10bo7b2ob3o2bo4bo4bo42bo4bo8bo7bob2o28bo2bo21bobo4b3o8bo5bo25bo3bo3bo
    354b2o3b2o8bo16bo5bo15bo2bo$b2o6b2o8bobo3bo7b2o15bo21b2ob2ob2o5bobo5b
    2o2b4obobo27b2o2b2o21b2o3bo3bo7bo5bo21b2obo5b3o5b5o359bo17bo5bo$2bo2b
    2obo9bo3b3o23b3o22bobo2bo10bo7bo2bobo9bo15b2obo6bob2o21bo5bo6bo5bo20bo
    2b2o14b2o2bo157b2o185b2o3b2o7b2o17bo3bo$bo3bob2o10b2obo12b3o9bo24bo3b
    2o10bobo9b2obo6b3o15bob2o6b2obo21bo5bo7bo3bo3b2o16b2o17bo2b2o153b2obob
    o186bo4bo5b2o20b3o$b2o6b2o9bo2b3o8bo3bo8b2o24b2obo10bo3bo9bobo5bo16b2o
    14b2o19bo5bo8b3o4bobo193bobo187bo4bo7bo$9bo10bo5bo3b2obo5bo34bo2b3o7bo
    3bo17b2o15bo16bo15b2o3bo3bo18bo193bo2bo186b2o3b2o5bo15b2o$b2o7bo10b5o
    4b2o2bo3bo35bo5bo6bo3bo5b2o28bo14bo15bobo4b3o19b2o191b2obobob2ob2o191b
    2o14b2o28b2o$2bo6b2o12bo11b3o6b3o11bo16b5o8bobo6bo6bobo19b2o14b2o14bo
    50b2o3b2o163bo3b2o3bobo180b2o3b2o3b2o46b2o$bo3b2obo34bo3bo2b2o4b5o16bo
    11bo4b2obobo4bob2o20b2obo6bob2o15b2o20b4o26bobobobo164b3o5bobo109bo71b
    o4bo4bo$b2o2bob2o33bo5bob2o3bo5bo33bo2b2o5bobo2bo17bob2o6b2obo36b6o22b
    2obobobo169b5obo110b3o68bo4bo4bo40b3o$33b2o8bo3bo8b3o2bo24b2o5bobo7bob
    ob4o67bo4bo22bobobo3bo2b2o161b2obo2bo116bo67b2o3b2o3b2o38bo3bo$34bo9b
    3o12bob2o24bo5b2o7bobobo72bo2bo27bob2o3bobo159bobob2o2b5o110bo117bo5bo
    $31b3o23b3o3bo20b3o15bobobobo57b2o9bobo2bobo24bobo7bo114b2o43bo3bo3bo
    4bo108bo4b4o91bo2bo15bo5bo$31bo15b2o7bo3bobo21bo18bo3b2o57b2o9b2o4b2o
    24bobo7b2o113bo45b3ob2obob3o97bobo9bobo97bo2bo15bo5bo$45bo4bo4bo2b3ob
    2o146bo112bo5bob2obob2o44bo6bo99bo2bo9b2ob3o92bo4bo15bo3bo$50bo4bo267b
    3o3b2obobo28bo120bo7bo12b2o90bobobo2bobobo13b3o6b2o$50bo4bo2b3ob2o262b
    o7bobo25bobo18bo4bo94bobo2bo2b4o100b3obobo2bobob3o20bo$43bo3b2o7bo3bob
    o225b2obo6b2obo23b2o6bobo26bobo10bo3b2o4b2o8b2o85bobo3bo6bo98bo3b2ob4o
    b2o3bo13b2o5b3o$42bob2o11b3o3bo224bob2o6bob2o32bo3bo21b2o2b2o8bobobobo
    14bo85bo2bo3bob2o12b3o88b2o3bo4bo3b2o14bo8bo$42bo16bob2o229b2o2b2o40bo
    22bobo6b2o2bobobo8b3o3bobo59b2obo6b2obo13b3obobobo3bo10bo91b2o2bo2bo2b
    2o10b2o5b3o$41b2o13b3o2bo230bo3bo25bo15bo21bo2b3o4bobobobob2o6bo3bo2b
    2o60bob2o6bob2o16bobo6b2o9bo9bo81bob2o4b2obo10b2o7bo$55bo5bo231bo3bo
    23bobo4b2o30bobo3bo5bobobo3bo4bo5bo61b2o14b2o11b2obo4bobob2o18b2o$56b
    5o231b2o2b2o24bo4b2obo30bob3ob2o4b2o5bo4bo5bo61bo15bo12bo2b2o2b2obo3bo
    5b3o10bo5bo$58bo229b2obo6b2obo24bo3bo8bo23bo10bo5bo4bo5bo23bo38bo15bo
    12b2o11bo4bo3bo5bob2o4b2obo$288bob2o6bob2o25b3o8bobo22bo10bo5bo5bo3bo
    23bobo36b2o14b2o14b4o3bo3bo3bo5bo4bo3bob4o2bo$292b2o2b2o4b2o19bo4bo10b
    o21bob3ob2o4b2o5bo6b3o8b2o3bo10bobo38b2obo6b2obo14b2o11bo4bo3bo4bob2o
    3bobo4bo$292bo3bo5bo20bo36bobo3bo5bobobo3bo17bobobobo8b2o2b2o36bob2o6b
    ob2o13bo2b2o2b2obo3bo5b3o8bo3bobob3o$293bo3bo5bo19bo3bo32bo2b3o4bobobo
    bob2o20bobobo2b2o6bobo41b2o2b2o17b2obo4bobob2o15bo2bo3bobo$186b2o104b
    2o2b2o4b2o22bobo6b2o24bobo6b2o2bobobo20b2obobobobo4b3o2bo40bo3bo21bobo
    6b2o14bo3bo5bob2o$185bobo100b2obo6b2obo23bobo7bo24b2o2b2o8bobobobo17bo
    3bobobo5bo3bobo41bo3bo17b3obobobo3bo16bo2bo4b2o2bo$180b2o2bo103bob2o6b
    ob2o25bobob2o3b3o23bobo10bo3b2o8b3o6bo5b2o4b2ob3obo41b2o2b2o16bo2bo3bo
    b2o19bo4b2o3b2o$180bo2bob2o137b2obob2obo5bo23bobo23bo3bo5bo5bo10bo39b
    2obo6b2obo13bobo3bo6bo11bo3bo6b3o$182b2obobo139bo35bo23bo5bo4bo5bo10bo
    39bob2o6bob2o14bobo2bo2b4o16bo4b2o3b2o$186bo139b2o59bo5bo4bo5b2o4b2ob
    3obo66bo7bo18bo2bo4b2o2bo$387bo5bo4bo3bobobo5bo3bobo70bo2bo17bo3bo5bob
    2o$384b2o2bo3bo6b2obobobobo4b3o2bo70bobo19bo2bo3bobo$183b3o197bobo3b3o
    8bobobo2b2o6bobo82bo12bo3bobob3o$182bo3bo196bo14bobobobo8b2o2b2o80b3o
    8bob2o3bobo4bo$181bo5bo194b2o8b2o4b2o3bo10bobo82b3o9bo3bob4o2bo$181bo
    5bo202bo4bo18bobo82b3o9bob2o4b2obo$36bo6bo137bo5bo227bo84b3o12bo5bo$
    30bo5b3o4bobo21bo114bo3bo2b2o198bo6bo106bo10b2o$29bobo7bo2bobo22b3o17b
    2o39b2obo6b2obo28bo12b3o3bobo195b3obob2ob3o98b2obobobo10bo$29bobo6b2o
    4bo5b2o18bo13b2o2bo39bob2o6bob2o26b3o20bo194bo4bo3bo3bo97b3ob2obo107b
    2o12b2o$b2o3b2o3b2o14b3ob2o17bo18b2o12bobobo44b2o2b2o29bo23b2o194b5o2b
    2obobo97b2o4bo104b2o3bo12bo3b2o$2bo3b2o3b2o13bo13b3o5bobo31bo2bob2o43b
    o3bo30b2o160b2o61bo2bob2o103bo106bo3bobo4bo3bobo3bo$bo25b3ob2o6bo3bo4b
    2o21b3o9b3o3bo43bo3bo35b3o151bo2bo13b2o43bob5o107b3o103bob2obobob3o2bo
    bob2obo$b2o3b2o3b2o16bob2o5bo5bo25bo3bo11b3o43b2o2b2o16b2o2bo5b3o8bo
    12bo154bo2bo41bobo5b3o106bo104bobobob2o3b3obobobo$6bobobobo25bo5bo24bo
    5bo7bo5b3o36b2obo6b2obo12bo2bobo3bo3bo6bo11bobo157bo41bobo3b2o3bo219b
    2o$b2o5bobo27bo5bo25bo3bo8bob4o2bo36bob2o6bob2o13bob2o3bo5bo18b2o138b
    2obo15bo40b2ob2obobob2o214bob4o2b4obo$2bo4b2obo28bo3bo16bo5b2o3b3o10bo
    bobo37b2o8b2o4b2o12bo5bo5bo160bobo2b2o4bo3bobo4b2o41bo2bo210b2o3bobo2b
    o2bo2bobo3b2o$bo9b2o20b3o4b3o17b3o3b2o19bo38bo9bo5bo14b2o3bo5bo161bo4b
    o3bo3bobo5bobo41bobo210b2o2bo4bo4bo4bo2b2o$b2o9bo19bo3bo26bo19b2o3b3o
    36bo9bo5bo14bo4bo3bo163bo7bo4bo9bo38bobob2o214bob2o6b2obo$11bo19bo5bo
    24bobobo10b3o3b2o5bo35b2o8b2o4b2o12bo7b3o156b2o6bo2bo5b4o8b2obob2o34b
    2o$b2o8b2o18bo5bo21bo2b4obo8bo3bo47b2obo6b2obo14b2o45b2o117bobo23b4o3b
    2obo$2bo9bo18bo5bo5b2obo12b3o5bo7bo5bo46bob2o6bob2o52b3o7bo117bobob2o
    18bo2bo3b2o246b2o34b2o$bo9bo14b2o4bo3bo6b2ob3o13b3o11bo3bo112bo3bo4bo
    120bobobo17bo2bo2b3ob3o243bobo32bobo$b2o8b2o12bobo5b3o13bo11bo3b3o9b3o
    112bo5bo3b2o121bo6b3o10b2o5b2o3bo244bo34bo$25bo17b2ob3o13b2obo2bo123bo
    5bo5bo107b2o11b2o4bo3bo9b3o5b4o140bo$24b2o5bo4b2o6bobo16bobobo12b2o90b
    2o18bo5bo3b2obo105bo2bo2b2o6b3o2bo5bo8b3o4bo4b3o135b3o$31bobo2bo7bobo
    15bo2b2o13bo91bobo11bo6bo3bo3bobo2bo104b3o2bobo6b3o2bo5bo8b3o4b2o2bo2b
    o134bo8bo96bo12b3o8b3o12bo$30bobo4b3o5bo16b2o17b3o88bo12bo8b3o5bo2b2o
    107b2o9b3o2bo5bo8b2o10b2o123b2o10b2o5b3o95bobo10bo3bo6bo3bo10bobo$32bo
    6bo43bo101b3o125bo2bo8b2o4bo3bo9bo137bo16bo70b2o3b2o3b2o2bob2o10b2o10b
    o5bo4bo5bo10b2o$192b2o119b2o3bo5bo7b3o8bobobo48bo16b2o40b2obo4b2o3b2o
    13bobo5b3o6b2o70bo3b2o3b2o2b2obo22bo5bo4bo5bo$168b2o23bo122bob2obob2o
    18b2obobo47b3o14bobo39bob2o4b2o3b2o14b2o4bo3bo76bo17b2o20bo5bo4bo5bo$
    169bo20b3o119bob2obo4bo23bobo50bo10b2obobo37b2o34bo5bo75b2o3b2o3b2o7bo
    21bo3bo6bo3bo$169bobo3b3o12bo121b2obob2o3bo4b4o15b2o50b2o10bobobo38bo
    9b2o3b2o19bo5bo80bobobobo6bo23b3o8b3o$170b2o2bo3bo137bo9bo4bo8b2o50b2o
    18bo41bo8bobobobo19bo5bo75b2o5bobo8b2o$173bo5bo137bobo5bobo3bo7b4o50bo
    17b2o40b2o10bobo22bo3bo10b2o65bo4b2obo6b2o24b3o8b3o$173bo5bo138b2o4bob
    o3bo7bobo2bo49bobo4b3o7b3o42b2obo5b2obo23b3o12bo64bo9b2o5bo23bo3bo6bo
    3bo$40b2o30bo100bo5bo144bo13b2o2bobo49b2o3bo3bo6b3o42bob2o9b2o31b2o2bo
    65b2o9bo4bo23bo5bo4bo5bo$39bobo23b2o5b3o99bo3bo145bo18bobo52bo5bo5b3o
    46b2o8bo31b2o2b2o74bo5b2o22bo5bo4bo5bo$37b3o18b2o6b3o6bo99b3o146bo2bo
    17b2o51bo5bo5b3o46bo8bo38bo63b2o8b2o2b2o12b2o10bo5bo4bo5bo10b2o$36bo3b
    o17bo5bo4bo4b2o249b2o17b3o51bo5bo6b2o47bo7b2o31b2ob2o2bo63bo9bo3bo12bo
    bo10bo3bo6bo3bo10bobo$36b2ob2o18b3obob4o274bobo53bo3bo8bo46b2o8bo31b2o
    b2ob2o62bo9bo3bo14bo12b3o8b3o12bo$61bobo110bo168b2o55b3o7bobobo40b2obo
    9bo37bo64b2o8b2o2b2o$62b2o2b3o14b2o5b2o81bobob2o198b2o31b2obobo39bob2o
    9b2o12b2o17b2ob3o$62b2o2b3o7b3o4b2o5b2o82b2obo2bo195bobo34bobo67bo16bo
    2b2ob2o94bo34bo$33b3o5b3o16bobo3b3o6bo3bo96bo2b2o195bobob2o31b2o68bobo
    12bo2bo6bo92bobo32bobo$32bo3bo3bo3bo14bobob2ob3o5bo5bo92bobo201bobobo
    7b3o92b2o3b6o3b4ob2obobo92b2o34b2o$31bo5bobo5bo13bobob2ob3o6bo3bo3b3o
    3b3o81b2o204bo8bo3bo95bo6bo7bo2bob2o$32bo3bo3bo3bo15bobo3b3o7b3o2bo4bo
    bo4bo285b2o6bo5bo93bo8bo3b2obo2bo$27b2o4b3o5b3o4b2o12b2o2b3o17bobo258b
    2o5b2o23b3o5bo5bo94bo6bo5bobob2o106bob2o6b2obo$26bobo19bobo11b2o2b3o
    11bo3bobobobo3bo252b2o5bobob2o19b3o5bo5bo90b2o3b6o3b3o3bo103b2o2bo4bo
    4bo4bo2b2o$26bo9b2ob2o9bo10bobo17bo2bobobobo2bo262bobobo18b3o6bo3bo3b
    2o85bobo12bo2b2obo103b2o3bobo2bo2bo2bobo3b2o$25b2o9bo3bo9b2o7b3obob4o
    13b3obobob3o252b4o3b5obobo18b3o7b3o4bobo84bo16bo2bo109bob4o2b4obo$37b
    3o18bo5bo4bo14b2o3b2o254bo3bobo5b2ob2o17b2o17bo83b2o17b2o116b2o$39bobo
    16b2o6b3o278bobobo3bo5bo17bo18b2o210bobobob2o3b3obobobo$40b2o23b2o272b
    o6b2o2bo4b4obo16bobobo10b2o215bob2obobob3o2bobob2obo$339b3o5b2o11bo15b
    obob2o10bo216bo3bobo4bo3bobo3bo$342bo33bobo14b3o212b2o3bo12bo3b2o$341b
    2o34b2o16bo216b2o12b2o2$204bo152b3o$128b2obo6b2obo56b2o3bobo137b3o11b
    3o$128bob2o6bob2o57bo3bo2bo135bo3bo5b3o3bo$79bo52b2o2b2o4b2o17bo3bo7b
    2o24bob2obobo109b2o23bo5bo3b5obo$79bo52bo3bo5bo17bobo2b3o5bo26bobob2o
    111bo2b2o11b3o5bo5bo4b4o2bo$78bobo52bo3bo5bo15bo2bo5bob2obo143bobo2bo
    9bo3bo4bo5bo7bob2obo$39bo39bo52b2o2b2o4b2o15bobob4obobobo28b5o112bob2o
    bo7bo5bo4bo3bo9bo2bobo$37b3o39bo48b2obo6b2obo16b2o2bo4bo2bo29bo4bo114b
    o2b4o4bo5bo5b3o11b2o2bo$36bo42bo48bob2o6bob2o14bo2bo4b3o3bo5b2o22b5o
    116bob5o3bo5bo23b2o$22b2ob2o9b2o41bo46b2o8b2o4b2o12b2o6b3o3bob2obo3bo
    19b4obobo2bo110bo3b3o5bo3bo162bo$22bo55bobo8bo36bo9bo5bo20bo2bobobo3bo
    5bo17bo5bob4o109b3o11b3o161b3o$b2o5bob2o11b2o2bo6bo44bo7b3o37bo9bo5bo
    18bob2o2b3ob5o4bo16bo2bo2bo114b3o174bo8bo$2bo5b2obo12b3o6bobo43bo6bo
    39b2o8b2o4b2o17bo4b2o3bo6bo3b2o11b2obobobo2b3o288b2o5b3o$bo4b2o16b3o5b
    o3bo36b2o11b2o40b2obo6b2obo20b3o3b2obo2b3o2b5o11bob2ob5o2bo128b2o164bo
    $b2o4bo15b2o2bo4bo3bo36b2o53bob2o6bob2o22b2obo2bo3bo2b2o5bo14bo4bo131b
    o118b2obo6b2obo24b3o6b2o$6bo15bo9bo3bo43bobo85b2o6bo2bo2b3o11b2obob3o
    5bo108bo11b2o5b3o115bob2o6bob2o12b2o9bo3bo$b2o3b2o14b2ob2o6bobo44b2o
    95b2o2bo3bo8bo2bobobo5b3o3b2o103bob4o4bo2b2o6bo113b2o8b2o14b3obo7bo5bo
    $2bo5bob2o22bo3bo27b2o12b2o2bo2b2o89bob2obob3o6b2o10bo5bo2bo101bo5bo3b
    obobo121bo9bo14bo4bo7bo5bo$bo6b2obo25bobo6b2ob2o16bo11b3obobob3o88bo2b
    ob3o12b3o5b2o4bob2o101b2ob2o5bobo3bo120bo9bo14b3ob2o6bo5bo$b2o9b2o22bo
    3bo9bo16bobo3b3o4b2o2bo94b2o2bobobo23b2o105bobob5o3b4o119b2o8b2o16b2o
    2bo6bo3bo8b2o$13bo22bo3bo4bo2b2o18b2o2bo3bo4bo101bobo2b2obo10bo11b2o
    102bobobo132b2obo6b2obo15b2o7b3o8bobo$b2o9bo23bo3bo5b3o22bo5bo104b2obo
    b2ob2o9bobo6b5obo102b2obobo5b2o123bob2o6bob2o16bo18bobob2o$2bo9b2o23bo
    bo6b3o22bo5bo13bo4b2ob2o82bobo7bo6b2ob2o12bo105b2o5b2o127b2o8b2o10bo4b
    o16b2obobo$bo6bob2o26bo6bo2b2o21bo5bo10bo2b2o7bo82bo2b2o3bo9bo2bo6b7o
    241bo9bo11bob4o16bo2bobo$b2o5b2obo38bo21bo3bo6b3obobob2o2bo2b2o84b2o6b
    o9b2o7bo6b2o240bo9bo11bo21bobob2o$35b2o9b2ob2o22b3o8b2o2bo2b3o2b3o87b
    7o19bo3b2o2bo238b2o8b2o13bo18bo$36bo54b2o3b3o87bo23bo7bobo234b2obo6b2o
    bo14b2o18b2ob4o$33b3o40b2o12bo4bo2b2o87bob5o18b2ob2obob2o233bob2o6bob
    2o35bo4bo$33bo42bo23bo87b2o22bob2o2bobo266b2o12b2obob3o$77b3o5b2o9b2ob
    2o90b2o23bobobo2b2o262b2ob2o2bobo4b6o$79bo6bo101b2obo4b2o5b3o12b3obo2b
    o265bob2o2bo3bo$83b3o102bo2bo5bo10b2o6b3obob2obo265b2obob2o4b7o$83bo
    105b2o3b3o5bobobo2bo8bo3bo2b2o259b2o5b2o6b2o3bo2bo$194bo5b3obob2o11b3o
    2bo2bo6b2o251bo6bob2o3b2obo3bo$199bo4bo14bo5b2o2bo3bo2bob2o244b3o5bobo
    b2o3b7o$196bo2b5ob2obo11b5o2b3o2bob2o3b3o242bo7b2o$196b3o2bobobob2o11b
    2o3bo6bo3b2o4bo262bo$43bo9bo145bo2bo2bo16bo4b5ob3o2b2obo146b3o113b2o$
    43b3o5b3o140b4obo5bo17bo5bo3bobobo2bo98b2o50bo$30b2o14bo3bo14b2o127bo
    2bobob4o19bo3bob2obo3b3o6b2o89bob2o46bo3bo$24b2o5bo13b2o3b2o13bo5b2o
    126b5o22b2o5bo3b3o4bo2bo73b2o13bo49bobo2bo$25bo3bo37bo3bo126bo4bo29bo
    2bo4bo2b2o75b2obo14bo44bo2bobo$25bob4o6b2o8b3o8b2o6b4obo126b5o28bobobo
    b4obobo80bo9b2obo39b2o4bo3bo$23b2obo6bo3b3o6bo3bo6b3o3bo6bob2o156bob2o
    bo5bo2bo77bo12b2o41b2o4bo$24bobob2obo2b2o4bo4bo5bo4bo4b2o2bob2obobo
    125b2obobo26bo5b3o2bobo43b2o3b2o4b2obo21bob2o20b2o20bobo13b3o$24bobob
    2o2b2ob7o3bo5bo3b7ob2o2b2obobo124bobob2obo24b2o7bo3bo44b2o3b2o4bob2o
    23b2o17bo23b2ob3o26bo$21b2obo16bo3bo5bo3bo16bob2o121bo2bo3bo91b2o4b2o
    39bobo2b2o17b3o28b3o$21bo2bobob2o2b2ob7o4bo3bo4b7ob2o2b2obobo2bo122bob
    o3b2o81b2o3b2o2bo5bo38bobob3o2bo46bo$22bobobob2obo2b2o4bo6b3o6bo4b2o2b
    ob2obobobo124bo87bobobobo3bo5bo37bo2b6o33b3o11b2o$23b2obo6bo3b3o17b3o
    3bo6bob2o215bobo4b2o4b2o13b4o9b3o11b2ob2o33bo3bo28b2o$25bob4o6b2o19b2o
    6b4obo216b2obo4bo5bo13bo4bob2o4bo3bo9b6o2bo29bo5bo6b3o18b2o$25bo3bo16b
    3o18bo3bo220b2o3bo5bo12bo4bo3bo2bo5bo7bo2b3obobo21b3o5bo5bo5bo3bo8bobo
    $24b2o5bo13b6o14bo5b2o220bo2b2o4b2o15b2o4bo2bo5bo8b2o2bobo19b3ob2o6bo
    5bo4bo5bo6b2ob3o$30b2o12bob2o17b2o225bo3bo5bo13b2o4bo2bo2bo5bo13bo22bo
    bo8bo3bo5bo5bo5b3o101bobo$42b3o4bobo240b2o3bo5bo11bo2bo3bo2bo3bo3bo10b
    2o17b2o18b3o6bo5bo108bo2bo$41bo3bo2b2ob3o239bo2b2o4b2o11bo2bo4b2o5b3o
    30b2o28bo3bo100b2o6b2o10b2o$41b2ob2o4bo3bo237bo5b2obo13bo4b2o59b2o11b
    3o101b2o4b2o3bo8b2o$42bobo7bobo237b2o4bob2o13bo3bo4bo57bo72b2obo6b2obo
    37b2o5b2o$42bo2bo2b6o262b2obo4bo54b3o28b3o42bob2o6bob2o38bo2bo4bo$43b
    2o2bobo108b2o31b2o127b4o5b3o47bo26b3ob2o41b2o8b2o4b2o37bobo$44bob2ob5o
    105bo31bo140bo7b2o50b3o13bobo42bo9bo5bo$44bo2bobo2bobo104bob2o25b2obo
    136bo3bo3b4o4b2o49bo4b2o52bo9bo5bo$45bo3b2o3bo73b2obo6b2obo18bobo8bo7b
    o8bobo136bobo2bo3b3ob2o2b2o45bo3bo4b2o51b2o8b2o4b2o28bo$46b3o2b3o74bob
    2o6bob2o20bob2o4bobo5bobo4b2obo136bo2bobo10bo48bobo2bo59b2obo4bo5bo28b
    obo$48bo2bo80b2o2b2o4b2o17bobobo5bo7bo5bobobo135bo3bo58bo2bobo61bob2o
    5bo5bo13bobo2bobo5bo3bo$132bo3bo5bo14b2o2bo27bo2b2o131bo62bo3bo60b2o4b
    2o2b2o4b2o9b2obo2bo2bo2bob2obo3bo10bobo2bobo$133bo3bo5bo13bobob2o2b3o
    15b3o2b2obobo132b3o59bo64bo5bo3bo5bo14bobo2bobo5bo3bo6b2obo2bo2bo2bob
    2o$132b2o2b2o4b2o10b2obobo4bo3bo13bo3bo4bobob2o192b3o62bo5bo3bo5bo27bo
    bo11bobo2bobo$128b2obo6b2obo12bobob2o3bo5bo11bo5bo3b2obobo256b2o4b2o2b
    2o4b2o28bo$128bob2o6bob2o14bo6bo5bo11bo5bo6bo260b2obo6b2obo$126b2o14b
    2o10bobob2o3bo5bo11bo5bo3b2obobo258bob2o6bob2o$126bo15bo11b2obobo4bo3b
    o13bo3bo4bobob2o$127bo15bo13bobob2o2b3o15b3o2b2obobo193bo105bobo$126b
    2o14b2o13b2o2bo27bo2b2o146bo45bobo99bo4bo2bo$68b2o58b2obo6b2obo19bobob
    o5bo7bo5bobobo148b3o44bo3bo99b2o5b2o$67bo2bo57bob2o6bob2o20bob2o4bobo
    5bobo4b2obo148bo46bo3bo95b2o8bo3b2o4b2o$28bo7bo29bobobo89bobo8bo7bo8bo
    bo147bo44bo3bo96b2o10b2o6b2o$27bobo4b3o28b3obo89bob2o25b2obo139b4o4bo
    31b2o9bo3bo106bo2bo$28bo4bo31b3o16b2o73bo31bo145bobo31b2o10bobo107bobo
    $33b2o48bobo72b2o31b2o140b3ob2o45bo$81b3o244b2o4b2o10b2o$b2o5b2obo18b
    3o37bo6b2obo3bo241bo2bo16bobo21b2o$2bo5bob2o12b2o3bo3bo35bobo3bo5bob2o
    258b2obobo21b2obo25bo$bo4b2o16b2o2bo5bo33b2ob2o2bo5bo125b2o117bo2bo4b
    3o6bobobo25bo23b3o$b2o3bo22bo3bo35bobo3bo5bob2o122bobo117bo2bo4bo9bo
    27bo8b3o11bo$7bo22b3o37bo6b2obo3bo124bo118bobo4bo8bo2bo6bo15bo2bo7bo3b
    o10b2o$b2o3b2o73b3o121b4ob2o117bo14bo8bobo15b2o7bo5bo$2bo5b2obo42b2o
    27bobo119bo2bobobo123b3o5bo3bo4bobo24bo5bo$bo6bob2o23b3o16bobo27b2o
    124bobo115b2o5bo3bo4bo7b2ob2o23bo5bo6b3o$b2o3b2o4b2o20bo3bo17b3o151bo
    2b2o103b2o8b2o4bo5bo3bo10bo25bo3bo6bo3bo$6bo5bo20bo5bo2b2o11bo3bob2o6b
    o131b2o6b2o4bo101bo3bo13bo3bo5bobo6b2o26b3o6bo5bo$b2o4bo5bo20bo3bo3b2o
    11b2obo5bo3bobo123b2o5b2o8b5o101bobobo14b3o8bo3b2obob2o33bo5bo$2bo3b2o
    4b2o21b3o20bo5bo2b2ob2o123bo15bo4b2o96b2obob2o2b2o23b4o2bobo2bo31bo5bo
    7b2o99bo$bo6b2obo43b2obo5bo3bobo124bobo16b2o2bo95bo2bobo2b4o6bo16b2o2b
    2obob2o20b2o10bo3bo7bo2bo96b3o$b2o5bob2o21b2o20bo3bob2o6bo126b2o17bob
    2o97b2obob2o3bo4bobo18bobobo24bo11b3o8bo98bo$34bo4bo16b3o148bo7bo102b
    2o6bobo2b2o19bo3bo21b3o23bo92b2o4b2o$31b3o4bobo13bobo150bo6b2o102bo10b
    o14b2o8b2o22bo25bob2o88bo2bo$31bo7bo14b2o16b3o99b2o25bo4bobo108b2ob2o
    7bo12bo2bo60b2o83b2o2b2obo$70bob3o99bo26bo5bo110bobo4bo3bo161b2o3b2o$
    69bobobo95bob2obo25bobo4bo110bobo8bo12bo2bo47bo$69bo2bo96b2obob2o25bo
    117bo6bo2bo8bo4bo2bo45bobo10b2o$70b2o118b3o8bo126bo9bo5bobo44bo3bo9b2o
    $173b3o13bo3bo14bo117bobobo6b3o5bo44bo3bo$172bo2bo2b3o7bo5bo12bobo115b
    obob2o58bo3bo108bo6bo$172b2o3bo3bo6bo5bo6b2o5bo116bobo16b2o42bo3bo108b
    obo4b2o$168b2o6bo5bo5bo5bo6b2o123b2o10b2o4b2o43bobo108bo17b2o$162bo5b
    2o6bo5bo6bo3bo3b2o136b2ob3o49bo110bobo14b2o$161bobo12bo5bo7b3o2bo2bo
    135bobo116bob2o4b2o3b2o21b2o11bo$162bo14bo3bo13b3o136bo4b4o110b2obo4b
    2o3b2o22bo$169bo8b3o154bo121b2o37bo8bo13bo$169bo25b2obob2o134bo121bo2b
    2o3b2o10b2o17bo6bo2bo10b3o$163bo4bobo25bob2obo131b3o121bo3bobobobo11bo
    15bobo7b2o11bo2bo$163bo5bo26bo136bo123b2o4bobo13bobo14bo22bobo$162bobo
    4bo25b2o258b2o5b2obo14b2o8bobo27bo$155b2o6bo292bo9b2o21bo3bo17bo$b2o3b
    ob2o14bo11bo118bo7bo291bo11bo22bobo17bobo$2bo3b2obo14b3o7b3o115b2obo
    17b2o280b2o9bo24bo17bo3bo$bo8b2o15bo5bo118bo2b2o16bobo216b2o59b2o11b2o
    14bo27bobo8b2o$b2o8bo14b2o5b2o118b2o4bo15bo216bobo59bo12bo13bobo22bo
    14bobo$10bo144b5o8b2o5b2o217bo58bo12bo14bo2bo11b2o7bobo15bo$b2o7b2o18b
    3o122bo4b2o6b2o220b4ob2obo54b2o11b2o14b3o10bo2bo6bo17b2o$2bo5b2o19bo3b
    o122b2o2bo229bo2bobob2o84bo13bo8bo$bo7bo18bo5bo123bobo233b2o116bo$b2o
    5bo20bo3bo124bobobo2bo209b2o18bob2o101bo11b2o$8b2o20b3o126b2ob4o203b2o
    5b3o19bo84b2o14bobo$b2o3b2o153bo167bo6bo31bo2bo2bo4bo16b2o3b2o80b2o17b
    o$2bo4bo20b2o5b2o124bobo155b2o4b2obobo4bobob2o4b2o21bobo2bob4obo14bobo
    bo2bo90b2o4bobo$bo4bo22bo5bo126b2o155bobo3bob2obo4bob2obo3bobo20b2o2b
    3obo4bo2bo7b4o2bob2o92bo6bo$b2o3b2o18b3o7b3o277b2obob3obo4b2o2b2o4bob
    3obob2o18bobo3bo2bo2bobobo6bobo2b2o$26bo11bo277bo2bo4bob4o6b4obo4bo2bo
    18bob2ob2o2bob2ob2o4b2obobobo2b3o5bob2o$314b2o2bob3obo5b5obo2bobob3obo
    2b2o14bob2o5b2o4bo6bob2ob5o2bo4bob2o5b2o$315bob2obo3bo2bo6bob2o5bobob
    2obo14bobo3bob2o2b3obob3o6bo4bo7bo4bo2bo2bo$315bobo7b3o5bo2b2o2bo3b2o
    2bobo14bo2bob2obo2bo2b2ob2o2bo2b2obob3o6b2ob4obo2bobo88b2o3b2o$314b2o
    2bobobo5bo4bo6b2o4b2o2b2o14b2o7b2o8bo2bob5o7bobo4bob3o2b2o86bob2o2b2o$
    84bo9bo119b2o100bobo11b2o15bobo36b2o14bobo2bo2bo3bobo86bo2bo20b2o$84b
    3o5b3o118bo2bo70b2o3b2o4b2obo14bobo28bobo48b2ob2ob2obo2b2ob2obo81b2o4b
    2o20bobo$87bo3bo124bo70b2o3b2o4bob2o15bo11b3o16bo49bo4bo4b2o5b2obo80bo
    26bo$86bo2bo2bo123bo85b2o24bo3bo66b3obob3o2b2obo3bobo76b3o26b2o$86bo5b
    o117bo3bobo70b2o3b2o8bo21b2obo5bo6b2o59b2ob2o2bo2bob2obo2bo76bo$169b2o
    38bo3bobo71bobobobo9bo20b2o2bo3bo7b2o38b3o8bo16b2o7b2o106b4o$88bobo78b
    obo37bo4bo74bobo10b2o25b3o48bobo7bobo127b3o2bo2bo$89bo81bo23b2o2bo10b
    4o74b2obo6b2obo78b3o6bo3bo112b3o10bo3bo3bo$127b2obo6b2obo26b4ob2o21bo
    2bobo19b2o70b2o4bob2o78b3o6bo3bo111bo3bo8bo5bo3b3o$75bo5b2o3b2o3b2o3b
    2o29bob2o6bob2o26bo2bobobo21bobobo19bo72bo2b2o36b3o43b3o6bo3bo110bo5bo
    7bo5bo5bo$69bo4bobo4bobo3b2ob2o3bobo33b2o2b2o4b2o29bobo20b2obob2o8b3o
    5bobo71bo3bo27b2o7bo3bo2b2o38b3o7bobo105bo5bo5bo7bo5bo$69b3o2bobo4b3o
    3bo3bo3b3o33bo3bo5bo12b2o16bo2b2o17bo3b2o3bo5bo3bo4b2o72b2o3bo26b2o6bo
    5bob2o38bobo8bo10b3o93b3o3bo5bo8bo3bo$50bo21bobob2o5bob2o5b2obo36bo3bo
    5bo10b4o14b2o4bo15bob2o2b2o7bo5bo78bo2b2o35bo3bo42b3o10bo8bobo96bo3bo
    3bo10b3o$27bo20b3o18b3o2bo4bo5bo7bo37b2o2b2o4b2o9bobo2bo15b5o15bobo2bo
    bo3bo3bo5bo77bo5b2obo15bo16b3o11bo43bobo7b3o95bo2bo2b3o$27b3o17bo21bo
    2bob3o50b2obo4bo5bo10b2o2bobo8b3o3bo4b2o14b3o2b2o7bo5bo77b2o4bob2o14bo
    bo28bobo41bo3bo6b3o95b4o$b2o5b2obo18bo16b2o23b2o6bo46bob2o5bo5bo14bobo
    6bo3bo5b2o2bo17b2o3bo5bo3bo102bobo15b2o11bobo41bo3bo6b3o127bo$2bo5bob
    2o17b2o21b2o11b2o2bo2bo3bo3bo50b2o2b2o4b2o16b2o4bo5bo5bob2o11b5obob2o
    8b3o101b2o2b2o4b2o6bo4bo5bobobo2b2o39bo3bo6b3o97b2o26b3o$bo4b2o4b2o38b
    o12bo2bobobobobo54bo3bo5bo16b3o4bo5bo5bo14bo2bo2bobo18b2o94bobo2b2o3bo
    2b2o2bo5b3o7bobo41bobo7bobo97bo26bo$b2o3bo5bo18b3o16bobo13b2ob2ob4o3bo
    4b3o14b2o29bo3bo5bo14bobo5bo5bo4b2o19bo2bo17bo2bo93bob2obobo5b2obo6bo
    2bo3bob2obo15b2o7b2o16bo8b3o95bobo20b2o4b2o$7bo5bo16bo3bo9b3o3b2o19bo
    4b2o5bo3bo13bo29b2o2b2o4b2o14b2o7bo3bo27b2o18bobo2bo2bo87b2o2bob3obobo
    2bob5o5bob3obo2b2o13bo2bob2obo2bo2b2ob2o116b2o20bo2bo$b2o3b2o4b2o15bo
    5bo7bo3bo18b4obob2obo5bo5bo4b3o3bobo25b2obo6b2obo26b3o36b3o8b2obob5o
    89bo2bo4bob4o6b4obo4bo2bo15bobo3bob2o2b3obob3o131b2o2b2obo$2bo5b2obo
    18bo3bo7bo5bo17bo2bobobo2bo5bo5bo3bo3bo2b2o26bob2o6bob2o64bo3bo5bo3b2o
    95b2obob3obo4b2o2b2o4bob3obob2o16bob2o5b2o4bo4bo130b2o3b2o$bo6bob2o14b
    2o3b3o9bo3bo22bo3b2o6bo5bo2bo5bo6b2o3bo94bo5bo7b2o2b3o94bobo3bob2obo4b
    ob2obo3bobo21bob2ob2o2bob2ob2ob2o$b2o3b2o4b2o11bobo16b3o32b2o2bo3bo3bo
    5bo5bo2bobobo2bo56b2o32bo5bo3bo3bobo2bobo93b2o4b2obobo4bobob2o4b2o21bo
    bo3bo2bo2bobo14b2o$6bo5bo12bo52bobo3b3o4bo5bo5bob2obob4o56bo33bo5bo7b
    2o2b2obo103bo6bo30b2o2b3obo4bobo7b5obo2bo8b2o7b2o$b2o4bo5bo10b2o21b2o
    29bo13bo3bo5b2o4bo62b3o25b2o4bo3bo5bo3b2o3bo143bobo2bob4ob2o6b3obob2o
    2bo2b2ob2o2bo2bob2obo2bo$2bo3b2o4b2o15b2o16bo29b2o14b3o4bo3b4ob2ob2o
    59bo24bobo5b3o8b2obob2o144bo2bo2bo4bo7bo4bo6b3obob3o2b2obo3bobo108bo6b
    o$bo6b2obo18bo17b3o52bobobobobo2bo83bo19bobobo146b2o5b2obo4bo2b5ob2obo
    6bo4b2o5b2obo108bobo4b2o$b2o5bob2o15b3o20bo48bo3bo3bo2bo2b2o82b2o19bob
    o2bo151b2obo5b3o2bobobob2o4b2ob2obo2b2ob2obo109bo17b2o$27bo71bo6b2o97b
    4o10bo2b2o163b2o2bobo6bobobo2bo2bo3bobo110bobo14b2o$103b3obo2bo93bo4bo
    174b2obo2b4o7bo2bo4bob3o2b2o97b2o11bo$86bo7bo5bo4bo2b3o92bobo3bo172bo
    2bobobo14bob4obo2bobo99bo$84bob2o5b2obo5b2obobo94bobo3bo173b2o3b2o16bo
    4bo2bo2bo105bo8bo13bo$82b3o3bo3bo3b3o4bobo2b3o60b2o29bo183bo19b3o5b2o
    88b2o17bo6bo2bo10b3o$82bobo3b2ob2o3bobo4bobo4bo60b2o29bo183b2obo18b2o
    95bo15bobo7b2o11bo2bo$82b2o3b2o3b2o3b2o5bo97bo2bo183b2o114bobo14bo22bo
    bo$203b2o114b2o65b2obobo2bo111b2o8bobo27bo$90bo227bo2bo64bob2ob4o120bo
    3bo17bo$89bobo225bobobo6b2o29b2o29bo125bobo17bobo$317bobob2o4bo2bo8b3o
    4bo12bo30bobo124bo17bo3bo$87bo5bo78bo142b2obobo2bo2b2ob2o14bobo12bo30b
    2o115bo27bobo8b2o$87bo2bo2bo77b3o141bo2bo3b3o2bobo8bobobo3bo8b2o2b2o
    146bobo22bo14bobo$88bo3bo78b3o138b2obo2bobo2bo4bo9b2ob2o12bobo149bo2bo
    11b2o7bobo15bo$85b3o5b3o88bo127bo2b2o4b2o13b4o3b2o12bob4o145b3o10bo2bo
    6bo17b2o$85bo9bo73b2o3b2o6b3o128b2o4bobo13bo3b2o2bo2bo5bo3bo2bo2bo146b
    o13bo8bo$169b2o3b2o5bo133bobobobo13bo6bobobo3bo2bo2bo2bo178bo$181b2o
    132bo4bo25bo2b2o175bo11b2o$316b4o7b2o14b2o2bo161b2o14bobo$172bo6bo13b
    2o133bo5bo2bo2bo2bo3bobobo6bo150b2o17bo$171bobo4bobo12b2o121b2o7b3o3bo
    2bo2bo3bo5bo2bo2b2o3bo160b2o4bobo$173b2o2b2ob2o8b2o6bo3b2o112b2o7bo5b
    4obo12b2o3b4o161bo6bo$166b2o5b2o2bo2bo8b3o5bo3bobo132bobo12b2ob2o$166b
    2o4b3o3b2o10b2o6b5o130b2o2b2o8bo3bobobo$36b2o6bo118b2o7b3o18b2o4b3o
    131bo12bobo$2b2obo5b2o23bo6bobo109b2o5b3o5bo2bo19b2o139bo12bo4b3o$2bob
    2o6bo15b2o3b2obo7bo110b2o6b2o6b2o160b2o196b2o3b2o$6b2o3bo16bo4bobo13b
    3o114b2o362bob2o2b2o$6bo4b2o16b3obo14bo3bo113b2o361bo2bo$7bo23bob2o12b
    o5bo132bo337b2o4b2o$6b2o3b2o23b3o8bo5bo122b2o7b3o337bo$2b2obo6bo22bo3b
    o7bo5bo123bo7b3o334b3o$2bob2o5bo22bo5bo7bo3bo121b3o345bo$2o9b2o21bo5bo
    8b3o122bo8b2o3b2o$o33bo5bo12b2obo126b2o3b2o$bo9b2o22bo3bo14bob3o$2o10b
    o23b3o13bobo4bo$2b2obo5bo31bo7bob2o3b2o126bo$2bob2o5b2o29bobo6bo133bob
    o$43bo6b2o132b2o$184b2o$184b3o$185bobo$186b2o!
I'm going to try to skim chapter 8. I probably won't suggest any more file edits for now because they don't affect the print version.

-Matthias Merzenich

Sokwe

Post by Sokwe » December 30th, 2021, 11:02 am

NJ 1/3: THIS POST IS DONE.

Here are my comments for Chapter 8 (not including exercises Edit: exercise comments are now included in an edit at the bottom of this post). Line numbers do not include section headings, figure and table captions, theorem statements, or footnotes. Negative line numbers mean they are counted from the bottom of the page, with Line -1 being the last line on the page. Problems are sometimes (but not always) bolded and marked in red, while corrections are sometimes bolded and marked in blue. These comments are based on the book version from December 17.

Issues requiring action: NJ 1/3: NJ done this heading.
  • Page 221 Line 2: Remove comma between "Life" and "since"
  • Page 221 Line 5: "of period 61 and" -> "of period 62 and"
  • Page 222 Figure 8.2: "gliders to survive to" -> "gliders that survive to". Also, the highlight color descriptions don't match the images.
  • Page 222 Line -1: "as it was from the" -> "as it was for the"
  • Page 228 Line 14: "by feeding Herschel into it" -> "by feeding Herschels into it"
  • Page 228 Line -10: "illustrates to examples" -> either "illustrates examples" or "illustrates three examples" (I'm not sure what was intended)
  • Page 228 Line -6: "we can perform insertion just like" -> "we can perform insertions just like"
  • Page 228 Line -3: "down to 22. Since the" -> "down to 23. Since the"
  • Page 230 Line -1: Add a comma between "clever" and "then"
  • Page 233 Footnote 15: Remove "Unfortunately", as that would not be unfortunate.
  • Page 234 Table 8.1:
    • Under p32 it says "smallest known is in the upcoming Figure 8.24", but this is no longer the smallest known, as a smaller version using the original design was constructed (see here) NJ 1/2: NJ done up to here so far.
    • Under p40 it says "smallest known (Figure 8.22(b))", but that is not the smallest known. It might be best to replace with "a small p40 gun (Figure 8.22(b))".
    • Under p52 it says "smallest known (Figure 8.32(a))", but that is not the smallest known (the smallest known is based on the same reaction as the p49 and p51 guns, see here)
  • Page 235 Line 2: "However, will see" -> "However, we will see"
  • Page 237 Line 2: "as well as an eater 1 and" -> "as well as two eater 1s and"
  • Page 237 Figure 8.24: "by using a some" -> "by using some"
  • Page 237 Line -7: The statement "the period 44 pi-heptomino hassler from Exercise 3.14 is the basis of all known true-period 44, 50, and 59 glider guns." is false with respect to p44 (it's true for p50 and p59). It might be best to simply remove "all known" from the sentence. Here are two p44 guns that don't use the pi hassler:

x = 120, y = 67, rule = B3/S23
    18b2o65b2o19b2o$19bo15b3o9bo37bobo17bobo$19bobo16bo8b3o37bo6b2ob2o6bo$
    20b2o2bo2bo6bo4bo10bo36b2o5b2ob2o5b2o$23bo3bo6bo4bo9b2o34b2o2b2o2bo5bo
    2b2o2b2o$23bo4bo6bo3bo10b3o30bo2bobob3o7b3obobo2bo$23bo4bo6bo2bo2b2o8b
    3o29b2o2bobobo9bobobo2b2o$24bo16bobo7b4o33bo2b2o7b2o2bo$25b3o15bo10b2o
    35b2o3bo3b2o$43b2o9b3o31bobo4bobo4bobo$51b2obo32bo8bo8bo$2o16bo32b2o
    33bo2bo13bo2bo$bo16b2o4bobo55bo2bob4o3bo3bo3b4obo2bo$bobo13b4o4b2o55b
    4obo17bob4o$2b3o15b2o3bo60b2ob2ob2ob3ob2ob2ob2o$4b3o2b2o5b2o2b3o61bo3b
    2obob2o3b2obob2o3bo$4b3o2b2o5b2o2b3o61b2o2b7o3b7o2b2o$5b2o15b3o5bo20b
    2o37b3o7b3o$6b4o13bobo5b2o16bob2o$7b2o16bo4b2o15b3o$8bo16b2o21b2o$49b
    4o$50b3o$35bobo13b3o38b3o3b3o$36b2o15b2o38bo5bo$36bo16bo$54b3o$56bo3$
    46bo$44bobo46bo$14b2o16b2o11b2o46bo$13bo18bo4b3o$12bo3bo12b2obo6bo$11b
    o5bo13bo6bo50b2o15bo$14bob2o5b2o2bo62bo16b2o$13bo2b2o5b2obo60b3o16b2o$
    9bo13bo5bo2b2o53bo$8bob2o12bo3bo2bobo$8bo18bo5bo$7b2o16b2o30bo39bo5bo$
    55bobo38bobo3bobo$33bo16b2o4b2o$32b2o16bo45b3o3b3o$31b4o13bobo$30b2o
    15b3o67bo$29b3o2b2o5b2o2b3o70b2o$29b3o2b2o5b2o2b3o69b2o$27b3o15b2o$26b
    obo13b4o42b2o21b2o$26bo16b2o43bobob7obob7obobo$25b2o16bo46b2o2b2obo5bo
    b2o2b2o$86b4obo5bo5bo5bob4o$86bo2bo2b2obo2b5o2bob2o2bo2bo$90bo19bo$91b
    3o6bo6b3o$95bo3bobo3bo$93b3o4bo4b3o$92bobo11bobo$87b2o2bobo13bobo2b2o$
    87bo2bob2ob2o7b2ob2obo2bo$89b2o4b2obo3bob2o4b2o$91b3o2bo2bobo2bo2b3o$
    91bo6b2ob2o6bo$89bobo17bobo$89b2o19b2o!
  • Page 240 Line 1: I think the statement "the remaining known true-period guns are all based on Herschel tracks" should be reworded, since there are true-period guns in that range that are not based on Herschel tracks. Maybe something like "The remaining known true-period guns can be constructed using Herschel tracks"
  • Page 240 Lines 1-4: The statement
    but they make use of custom (typically oscillating) components to overcome the fact that a Herschel’s first natural glider will collide with subsequent Herschels if they are separated by fewer than 62 generations, and thus cannot be used as the output of the gun.
    is incorrect, as the period needs to be at least 69 to allow the first natural glider to be released. Herschel track guns of periods 62-68 are constructed using L156 (as noted in Exercise 7.37), which has a repeat time of 62. This segment needs to be reworded.
  • Page 240 Figure 8.29(b): Please replace glider_guns/fx77_extract_p4.txt with this, which uses the minimal stabilization for the same p4 sparker (recommended by wwei23):

#C A p4 oscillator that can extract a glider from an Fx77 conduit.
    x = 22, y = 32, rule = Life
    o$3o$3bo$2b2o11b2o$15b2o6$bo$bobo$b3o$3bo7$10b3o$9bob4o$9bo5bo$7b2obo
    $8bobo3bo$8bob2obobo$9bo2bo3b2o2b2o$10b2ob3o5bo$11bobo2b5o$11bo3bo$10b
    2o4b3o$18bo!
    or this larger stabilization that more matches the weld to the p13 in the p52 gun.

x = 22, y = 32, rule = B3/S23
    o$3o$3bo$2b2o11b2o$15b2o6$bo$bobo$b3o$3bo5$7b2o$6bobo$5bo2bob3o$6b2obo
    b4o$7bobo5bo$7bo2bo$4b2ob2obo3bo$4bobo3b2obobo$7b3o2bo3b2o2b2o$10b2ob
    3o5bo$7b2o2bobo2b5o$7bob2o4bo$16b3o$18bo!
    A T-nosed p4 can also be used here, if you want to use that instead, although it doesn't work with the p13 glider eater in the p52 gun. The figure will also need to be updated.
  • Page 240 Line -2: The statement "as a result no true-period guns of period 51 or 53 are currently known" is now false for p51 (still true for p53).
  • Page 242 Figure 8.32: "a track of Fx77s and oscillators" -> "a track of Fx77s and oscillators"
  • Page 243 Line 1: "repeat times of higher than 61" -> "repeat times higher than 61"
  • Page 244 Lines 8-15: This paragraph needs to be rewritten, as there are several issues. I took the liberty of rewriting the paragraph (in LaTeX), but you should review it to make sure it's clear and correct:
    The second issue that is somewhat messier to deal with in this period~$58$ case is that the method we used to separate the two closely spaced glider streams in Figure~\ref{fig:p61_gun} does not work at period~$58$. Instead, we must use the second method in Figure~\ref{fig:H_to_2G_quick} to create a different pair of glider streams. While this new pair of glider streams can be separated at period~$58$ using the same reflection reaction as in the p$61$ gun, we can avoid adding another large p$58$ Herschel loop by instead separating the streams with rephasers. Using two rephasers puts enough space between those streams that we can fit a Snark in between them, and from there we can inject one of those gliders back into the Herschel track just like we did in the p$61$ gun. The resulting true-period~$58$ gun is displayed in Figure~\ref{fig:p58_gun},\footnote{This gun was built by Maia Thunkies and Matthias Merzenich just one day after the p$61$ gun.} and it completes our collection of known periods that are attainable via true-period guns.
  • Page 245 Line 15: Remove comma between "gliders" and "without"
  • Page 245 Line -15: "In fact, that reactions" -> "In fact, the reactions"
  • Page 245 Line -11: Remove comma between "choosing" and "without"
  • Page 249 Line 9: "storing the gliders in loop" -> "storing the gliders in a loop"
  • Page 251 Line -4: "the trade-off is the each loop" -> "the trade-off is that each loop"
  • Page 256 Figure 8.48: "it allows then to each" -> "it allows them to each"
  • Page 261 Lines 9-12: If this list is supposed to give when the first guns of particular periods were constructed, then it's incorrect regarding period 144, since p144 + 72n (n nonnegative) were constructed by David Buckingham in 1990 (see gunstar).
  • Page 263 Line 2: "gun with whose population" -> "gun whose population"
Suggestions (use your discretion): NJ 1/3: NJ done this heading.
  • Page 222 Footnote 3: The statement "a slightly smaller period 92 gun can be constructed by colliding two twin bees shuttles together directly in a clever way" is true (found by Brice Due), but the smallest known p92 gun (found by Martin Grant on 18 Nov. 2017) works by colliding a twin bees shuttle with Tanner's p46. Since Tanner's p46 is shown in Figure 3.19(c), this smaller p92 could be mentioned instead.
  • Page 223 Lines 6-7: The sentence
    The effect of firing two glider streams at each other in this way is thus to completely destroy one of the streams and to destroy two-thirds of the gliders in the other.
    seems awkward to me. Maybe this is better:
    Firing two glider streams at each other in this way has the effect of completely destroying one of the streams while destroying only two-thirds of the gliders in the other.
  • Page 224 Figure 8.5(b): Remove the block, as the block and no-block forms are just different phases of the same period multiplier. The associated RLE would also need to be changed.
  • Page 224 Line -12: "streams of period 20, 24, and 33" -> "streams of periods 20, 24, and 33" (I'm pretty unsure on this one. Use extra discretion.)
  • Page 234 Table 8.1:
    • Under p50: "Figure 8.26 shows roughly the smallest known" -> "Figure 8.26 shows nearly the smallest known"
  • Page 237 Figure 8.24: I don't think I agree with highlighting the eater 1s as part of the p4s, since they do not interact with each other.
  • Page 240 Figures 8.29(c) and (d): Maybe use the more standard p5 MW volcano and p6 pipsquirter. I think the variants were chosen to more closely match the subsequent welded stators in the actual guns, so it's okay if you don't want to change these for that reason.
  • Page 241 Figure 8.30 "51 via oscillating components" should probably be changed to 52, since the 51-gen repeat time is only theoretical.
  • Page 244 Line 1: "construct a period 58 true-period glider gun" -> "construct a true-period 58 glider gun"
  • Page 245 Footnote 33: This sounds somewhat awkward to me. Maybe replace with
    The first slide gun was constructed by Dietrich Leithner in July 1994 using only the reaction from Figure 8.38(d).
File issues requiring action: NJ 1/3: NJ done this heading.
  • 3_glider_lwss.txt: Replace with this to prevent syntheses from colliding:

#C 3-glider syntheses of lightweight spaceships
    x = 99, y = 14, rule = B3/S23
    4bo23bobo21bo45bo$2b2o24b2o22bobo41b2o$3b2o24bo22b2o43b2o2$o25bo$b2o
    24b2o21b2o2b2o$2o24b2o21bobob2o20bo$4b3o44bo3bo18bo$6bo67b3o$5bo24b3o$
    32bo$31bo43b3o$75bo$76bo!
Miscellaneous comments (no recommended change):
  • Exercise 3.14: This exercise is about a pi-heptomino hassler. Please ensure that this pi-based exercise keeps being the 14th problem in this chapter, even if new chapter 3 exercises are added.
  • Page 241 Line -1: R49 also has a suitably low repeat time (59), but it is perhaps not a Herschel conduit in the classical sense (it takes a pre-Herschel as input), and I don't think R49 is presented anywhere in the text. No change recommended.
Edit:
Here are my comments for the Chapter 8 exercises along with a few other comments:

Issues requiring action: NJ 1/3: Done this heading.
  • Various locations: "catalog" vs. "catalogue" (I'm guessing "catalog" is preferred, like "color" over "colour").
  • Page 196 Footnote 17: This is very misleading, because the problem described here in constructing a p61 gun also applies for periods 62-68. The p62-68 Herschel loop guns don't use the first natural glider, but instead use the glider produced by L156 (see Exercise 7.37). The paragraph containing this footnote might be confusing for this same reason, but it technically doesn't appear to be incorrect.
  • Exercise 8.8: There is no valid collision between a LWSS and a glider that converts it into a MWSS or HWSS in any position in the Life plane (checked with gencols). The following collision cannot be reversed, as shown:

x = 45, y = 26, rule = B3/S23
    16bobobo2bobobo2$20bo2bo3bo2$9bobobo2bobobo2bo3bo2$16bo6bo3bo2$16bobob
    o2bobobo7$23bo2$b3o21bo9b3o$o2bo30bo2bo4b2o$3bo8bobobobobobobobo10bo4b
    obo$3bo33bo4bo$obo22bo8bobo2$3b2o18bo$3bobo$3bo!
  • Exercise 8.12: "Adjust the reflectors reaction from Figure 8.12(a) to make it work with Herschel streams of period 180 (instead of 156)." -> "Adjust the reflectors in Figure 8.12(a) to make the reaction work with Herschel streams of period 180 (instead of 156)."
  • Exercise 8.17: "to make it bounding box" -> "to make its bounding box"
  • Exercise 8.30: "so that it no larger than" -> "so that it is no larger than"
Suggestions (use your discretion): NJ 1/3: Done this heading.
  • Page 184 Figure 7.1: It says "Eaters displayed in red are used to delete escaping gliders, but are not required for the conduits to function." which is generally true for the conduits, but it might be misleading here, because the eaters that delete the Herschels' first natural gliders need to be present for the conduits to work at period 67.
  • Solution to Exercise 8.3: If you remove the block from Figure 8.5(b) as I recommended earlier, you should also remove it from this solution as well.
  • Exercise 8.20 and solution: When it asks "what is the only known bumper period that works with period 50 mechanisms?", p10 bumpers would also work, but they don't get used because the p5 bumper is almost always preferrable.
NJ 1/3: THIS POST IS DONE.
-Matthias Merzenich

wwei47

Post by wwei47 » December 31st, 2021, 2:17 am

Sokwe wrote:
December 30th, 2021, 11:02 am
[*] Page 240 Figure 8.29(b): Please replace glider_guns/fx77_extract_p4.txt with this, which uses a more elegant stabilization for the same p4 sparker:

x = 22, y = 32, rule = B3/S23
o$3o$3bo$2b2o11b2o$15b2o6$bo$bobo$b3o$3bo5$7b2o$6bobo$5bo2bob3o$6b2obo
b4o$7bobo5bo$7bo2bo$4b2ob2obo3bo$4bobo3b2obobo$7b3o2bo3b2o2b2o$10b2ob
3o5bo$7b2o2bobo2b5o$7bob2o4bo$16b3o$18bo!
The figure will also need to be updated.
Or use this stator reduction:

x = 22, y = 32, rule = Life
o$3o$3bo$2b2o11b2o$15b2o6$bo$bobo$b3o$3bo7$10b3o$9bob4o$9bo5bo$7b2obo
$8bobo3bo$8bob2obobo$9bo2bo3b2o2b2o$10b2ob3o5bo$11bobo2b5o$11bo3bo$10b
2o4b3o$18bo!
Help me find high-period c/2 technology!
My guide: https://bit.ly/3uJtzu9
My c/2 tech collection: https://bit.ly/3qUJg0u
Overview of periods: https://bit.ly/3LwE0I5
Most wanted periods: 76,116

Sokwe

Post by Sokwe » December 31st, 2021, 9:04 pm

Here are my comments for Chapter 5 (including exercises). Line numbers do not include section headings, figure and table captions, theorem statements, or footnotes. Negative line numbers mean they are counted from the bottom of the page, with Line -1 being the last line on the page. Problems are sometimes (but not always) bolded and marked in red, while corrections are sometimes bolded and marked in blue. These comments are based on the book version from December 17.

Issues requiring action:
  • Page 124 Lines 4-6: Currently written:
    While the objects that we can create with just two gliders are not particularly exciting, many of them are essential building blocks of complex patterns, such as eater~1 and the B-heptomino (which we recall evolves into a Herschel).
    To reduce ambiguity, replace with:
    While the objects that we can create with just two gliders are not particularly exciting, many of them, such as eater~1 and the B-heptomino (which we recall evolves into a Herschel), are essential building blocks of complex patterns.
  • Page 124 Line 8: "useful for that fact that" -> "useful for the fact that"
  • Page 124 Footnote 4: "this is the quite straightforward" -> "this is then quite straightforward"
  • Page 126 Line -8: "it would require to coordinate" -> "it would require us to coordinate"
  • Page 127 Table 5.3: Add a comma between "previously" and "no"
  • Page 135 Line -6: It says "we have purposely not optimized it all". Was this supposed to be "we have purposely not optimized it at all" or maybe just "we have purposely not optimized it"?
  • Page 136 Footnote 10: "than objects period 1 or" -> "than objects of period 1 or"
  • Page 137 Line 7: Add a comma between "reactions" and "then"
Suggestions (use your discretion)
  • Page 133 Line 12: "debris being created around the Rich’s p16" sounds awkward to me. Maybe remove "the".
  • Page 138 Figure 5.22(d): Should this be labeled "(0,11) block push" or be flipped over the diagonal of slope -1 or be left unmodified? I'm not sure.
  • Page 140 Line -7: "whereas" seems awkward to me here. Maybe replace with "and".
  • Page 145 Line -1: It should probably be noted that Martin Grant helped significantly with one of the last two 15-bit syntheses.
Forum post link corrections:
Links to specific forum posts should be written as

conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=NN#pNN
where NN is the number of the forum post. Here are all of the instances that I think need correcting:
  • Page 138 Footnote 13: conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8182#p8182
  • Page 144 Footnote 17: conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15133#p15133
  • Page 192 Footnote 14: conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=21708#p21708
  • Exercise 7.16: conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=51934#p51934
  • Page 335 Footnote 33: conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=30104#p30104
  • Exercise 10.28: conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=30104#p30104
  • Page 367 Footnote 27: conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=42121#p42121
  • Page 396 Footnote 16: conwaylife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38032#p38032
File issues requiring action:
  • glider_synthesis/block_move_6_gliders.txt: Adjust the timing so that the northeasternmost glider is the third to interact (as indicated in Figure 5.21(b))
  • Exercise 5.22: Image should link to its associated RLE (file already exists: glider_synthesis/exercise_rich_p16_16.txt)
  • Exercise 5.29: Image should link to its associated RLE (file already exists: glider_synthesis/boatstretcher_synth.txt)
  • All solution RLEs for exercises 5.13, 5.14, and 5.15: "syntheses" -> "synthesis"
  • glider_synthesis/solution_large_still_life_synth.txt: Replace with this to match the image and description in the solution to Exercise 2.29(b):

#C A 20-glider synthesis of a 209-cell strict still life.
    x = 319, y = 313, rule = B3/S23
    301bobo$301b2o$302bo13bo$316bobo$316b2o2$226bobo$220bo6b2o$221b2o4bo$
    220b2o$307bobo$299bo7b2o$298bo9bo$298b3o2$260bobo$261b2o$261bo50bo$
    312bobo$312b2o3$285bo6bo17bo$286bo3b2o17bo$284b3o4b2o16b3o8$286b3o$
    280bobo5bo$281b2o4bo$281bo3$283b2o$282bobo$284bo14$255bo$255b2o$254bob
    o5$307bo$306b2o$306bobo4$266bo$266b2o$265bobo9$225bo$225b2o$224bobo5$
    210b2o$209bobo$211bo223$b2o$obo$2bo!
-Matthias Merzenich

rowett

Post by rowett » March 15th, 2022, 12:45 pm

Some pattern issues on the book website:
  • pattern files for chapter 9
    • figure 9.13: row printer - missing ]] at end of line 3
    • also needs fixing in all.zip/Chapter 9 - Universal Computation/Figure 9.13 - row_printer_LifeHistory.rle
  • pattern files for chapter 11 too big for LifeViewer
    • figure 11.19(2): cordership shoot down recipe
    • appendix B.3: scorbie splitter maker
    • appendix B.4: scorbie splitter destroyer
    • appendix B.5: cordership maker
  • pattern files for chapter 12 too big for LifeViewer
    • figure 12.29(1): oEoP timeline 367748078 small
    • figure 12.30(1): oEoP timeline 431312741 small
    • figure 12.35(1): oEoP timeline 435925955 small
NJ (March 16, 2022): Fixed now, thanks!