Looking for beta testers for Fury Life

For general discussion about Conway's Game of Life.
Fury Games

Looking for beta testers for Fury Life

Post by Fury Games » March 7th, 2022, 2:12 am

Dear Conway's Game of Life fans,

We're developing a new free-to-play GOL simulator called Fury Life and are looking for a few beta testers to try out the early access version and give us some feedback. It is a fullscreen desktop game for Windows, Mac and Linux.

You can view a YouTube walkthrough, sign up and download the game at https://fury.games/life

Please send feedback to support@fury.games (or leave it here on this forum).

Cheers - Fury Games - www.fury.games

yujh
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know

Re: Looking for beta testers for Fury Life

Post by yujh » March 7th, 2022, 9:13 am

It’s not a game of life simulator anyway. I don’t feel like testing whether that is or not (I don’t register random websites), and from looking at random sections it looks like a game of life simulator that has nothing to do with cellular automaton.
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » March 7th, 2022, 12:35 pm

yujh wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 9:13 am
It’s not a game of life simulator anyway. I don’t feel like testing whether that is or not (I don’t register random websites), and from looking at random sections it looks like a game of life simulator that has nothing to do with cellular automaton.
There doesn't seem to be any useful information in the above post. Contrary to the first sentence, the game clearly is a GoL simulator. For the second sentence, how exactly can something be a "game of life simulator" after all, and yet have nothing to do with cellular automata?

I'd encourage other people who _do_ feel like doing some beta testing, to go ahead and do some beta testing.

yujh
Location: I'm not sure where I am, so please tell me if you know

Post by yujh » March 7th, 2022, 6:42 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 12:35 pm

I'd encourage other people who _do_ feel like doing some beta testing, to go ahead and do some beta testing.
ah, it must be me scrolling through the video too fast, and i always mute my browser.
anyways that clip actually showed a random function and copying and pasting. which can be all done in golly itself except randomly generating a circular area which is some lines of golly scripts. I would probably not recommend it if it's not free, but it's free anyways

Edit: fix wrong quote
Rule modifier

B34kz5e7c8/S23-a4ityz5k
b2n3-q5y6cn7s23-k4c8
B3-kq6cn8/S2-i3-a4ciyz8
B3-kq4z5e7c8/S2-ci3-a4ciq5ek6eik7

Bored of Conway's Game of Life? Try Pedestrian Life -- not pedestrian at all!

calcyman

Post by calcyman » March 7th, 2022, 8:10 pm

dvgrn wrote:
March 7th, 2022, 12:35 pm
how exactly can something be a "game of life simulator" after all, and yet have nothing to do with cellular automata?
There was a stochastic board game from 1960 with that name -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_ ... odern_game -- which, if implemented in software, would constitute a "game of life simulator" with nothing to do with cellular automata.
What do you do with ill crystallographers? Take them to the mono-clinic!