Logic Life Search

For scripts to aid with computation or simulation in cellular automata.
dexter1

Re: Logic Life Search

Post by dexter1 » July 23rd, 2021, 4:04 pm

LaundryPizza03 wrote:
July 22nd, 2021, 6:38 pm
I got this error after updating the LLS from github and trying to run LLS again:

Code: Select all

I'm using macOS Big Sur 11.4 with Python 3.9.

EDIT: This is on the develop branch; the master branch works fine, but has the old flag system. It looks python2 is the branch I need.
You should switch to the gitlab repository. The develop branch has python3 support and the new flag system.
Frank Everdij

LaundryPizza03
Location: Unidentified location "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas"

Post by LaundryPizza03 » August 18th, 2021, 4:58 pm

dexter1 wrote:
July 23rd, 2021, 4:04 pm
LaundryPizza03 wrote:
July 22nd, 2021, 6:38 pm
I got this error after updating the LLS from github and trying to run LLS again:

I'm using macOS Big Sur 11.4 with Python 3.9.

EDIT: This is on the develop branch; the master branch works fine, but has the old flag system. It looks python2 is the branch I need.
You should switch to the gitlab repository. The develop branch has python3 support and the new flag system.
I don't know what tht means I should do. The develop branch is the one that is causing problems for me.

Also, on the python2 branch, I got this error:

> ./lls -r B2ce3e4jr5cin6-en7c8/S012-ac3-cn4-eikny5-kr67c8 -b 20 20 2 -p ">0" 0 -p "=0" 1

Getting search pattern...
Done

Preprocessing...
Done

Number of undetermined cells: 800
Number of variables: 2399
Number of clauses: 174629

Active width: 20
Active height: 20
Active duration: 2

Solving...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./lls", line 515, in <module>
    indent = indent, verbosity = verbosity
  File "/Users/gb/logic-life-search/src/LLS_main.py", line 65, in LLS
  File "/Users/gb/logic-life-search/src/LLS_main.py", line 268, in preprocess_and_solve
  File "/Users/gb/logic-life-search/src/LLS_SAT_solvers.py", line 55, in SAT_solve
    solution, time_taken = use_solver(solver, dimacs_file, parameters = parameters, timeout = timeout, indent = indent, verbosity = verbosity)
  File "/Users/gb/logic-life-search/src/LLS_SAT_solvers.py", line 103, in use_solver
    stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stdin=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 394, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1047, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Another LLS search preprocessed in parallel appears to be working properly, which means the fault lies in this one. Now I can't find if there is a vanishing pattern in Banks-III.

x = 4, y = 3, rule = B3-q4z5y/S234k5j
2b2o$b2o$2o!
LaundryPizza03 at Wikipedia

The latest edition of new-gliders.db.txt and oscillators.db.txt have 31531 spaceships and 1293 oscillators from outer-totalistic rules. You are invited to help!

pzq_alex

Post by pzq_alex » August 30th, 2021, 9:46 pm

Can LLS search for catalysts like Bellman? I know Bellman searches for catalysts using a brute-force backtrack method, and LLS uses SAT solvers, so LLS should theoretically be better than Bellman at that.