Problem with rules

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
Post Reply
User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1030
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Problem with rules

Post by gameoflifemaniac » July 15th, 2017, 12:38 pm

Tried to move the saved rules file that I could have always access to it in Golly, but now I moved it in such a way that no rule works! HELP!
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for my entire life.

User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1030
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Problem with rules

Post by gameoflifemaniac » July 15th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Oh problem solved, just save them again :oops:
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for my entire life.

User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1030
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Problem with rules

Post by gameoflifemaniac » August 21st, 2017, 5:50 am

Now I have a new problem. It started when I went to File Formats. I pasted in a rule whose icon looks like this:
Now whatever rule in QuickLife/Hash life I choose, I can't change the icons to their default; with grey background (or black), white cells and black icons with white circles. Help!
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu (38).png
Zrzut ekranu (38).png (7.45 KiB) Viewed 5246 times
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for my entire life.

User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3409
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X
Contact:

Re: Problem with rules

Post by Saka » August 21st, 2017, 6:11 am

gameoflifemaniac wrote: Now whatever rule in QuickLife/Hash life I choose, I can't change the icons to their default; with grey background (or black), white cells and black icons with white circles. Help!
Uncheck show icons?

Code: Select all

o3b2ob2obo3b2o2b2o$bo3b2obob3o3bo2bo$2bo2b3o5b3ob4o$3o3bo2bo2b3o3b3o$
4bo4bobo4bo$2o2b2o2b4obo2bo3bo$2ob4o3bo2bo2bo2bo$b2o3bobob2o$3bobobo5b
obobobo$3bobobob2o3bo2bobo!
(Check gen 3)
Add your computer to the Table of Lifeenthusiast Computers!

User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1030
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Problem with rules

Post by gameoflifemaniac » August 21st, 2017, 8:56 am

But how to change the icons back to white circles?
And when I open a pattern, it changes back to the blue spherical icons with white bg.
Last edited by gameoflifemaniac on August 21st, 2017, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for my entire life.

User avatar
Saka
Posts: 3409
Joined: June 19th, 2015, 8:50 pm
Location: In the kingdom of Sultan Hamengkubuwono X
Contact:

Re: Problem with rules

Post by Saka » August 21st, 2017, 8:57 am

gameoflifemaniac wrote:But how to change the icons back to white circles?
Check "show icons" again?

Code: Select all

o3b2ob2obo3b2o2b2o$bo3b2obob3o3bo2bo$2bo2b3o5b3ob4o$3o3bo2bo2b3o3b3o$
4bo4bobo4bo$2o2b2o2b4obo2bo3bo$2ob4o3bo2bo2bo2bo$b2o3bobob2o$3bobobo5b
obobobo$3bobobob2o3bo2bobo!
(Check gen 3)
Add your computer to the Table of Lifeenthusiast Computers!

User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1030
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Problem with rules

Post by gameoflifemaniac » August 21st, 2017, 9:04 am

Problem solved! When I pasted in the rule from the File Formats page, but with black and white colors and without the @ICONS part, everything was great again!
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for my entire life.

User avatar
Andrew
Moderator
Posts: 771
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 2:08 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Problem with rules

Post by Andrew » August 21st, 2017, 6:17 pm

gameoflifemaniac wrote:Problem solved! When I pasted in the rule from the File Formats page, but with black and white colors and without the @ICONS part, everything was great again!
A better solution would be to delete B3_S23.rule from your rules folder (you can see the path to your rules folder in Preferences > Control). If you want to change an algorithm's default colors then use Preferences > Color.

User avatar
gameoflifemaniac
Posts: 1030
Joined: January 22nd, 2017, 11:17 am
Location: There too

Re: Problem with rules

Post by gameoflifemaniac » August 22nd, 2017, 12:22 pm

Andrew wrote:
gameoflifemaniac wrote:Problem solved! When I pasted in the rule from the File Formats page, but with black and white colors and without the @ICONS part, everything was great again!
A better solution would be to delete B3_S23.rule from your rules folder (you can see the path to your rules folder in Preferences > Control). If you want to change an algorithm's default colors then use Preferences > Color.
Preferences > Color didn't work. Btw this forum is dead so don't post any new posts.
I was so socially awkward in the past and it will haunt me for my entire life.

User avatar
Andrew
Moderator
Posts: 771
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 2:08 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Problem with rules

Post by Andrew » August 22nd, 2017, 6:17 pm

gameoflifemaniac wrote:Preferences > Color didn't work.
If B3_S23.rule still exists in your rules folder then it overrides the default colors (but only for that particular rule).
Btw this forum is dead so don't post any new posts.
Huh?

Post Reply