Rule table request

For discussion of other cellular automata.
KittyTac

Rule table request

Post by KittyTac » August 31st, 2018, 10:20 am

A rule like GOL, but with an extra state that acts like ordinary GOL, but all state 1 cells near state 2 die and state 2 cells can be born into state 1 cells. So state 2 ships are unstoppable by state 1.

wildmyron

Re: Rule table request

Post by wildmyron » August 31st, 2018, 11:50 am

KittyTac wrote:A rule like GOL, but with an extra state that acts like ordinary GOL, but all state 1 cells near state 2 die and state 2 cells can be born into state 1 cells. So state 2 ships are unstoppable by state 1.
Sounds interesting, but you've left a lot of ambiguity around how cells with both cell types as neighbours should behave. Here's an example collision - could you show how the pattern should evolve for the next few generations and it should then be pretty easy to make up a rule table:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 4, rule = 23/3/3
B2.B$4.B2.A$B3.B.A.A$.4B2.A!
P. S. There is a good thread which you can use for these kind of requests.
The 5S project (Smallest Spaceships Supporting Specific Speeds) is now maintained by AforAmpere. The latest collection is hosted on GitHub and contains well over 1,000,000 spaceships.

Semi-active here - recovering from a severe case of LWTDS.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » August 31st, 2018, 12:56 pm

wildmyron wrote:P. S. There is a good thread which you can use for these kind of requests.
There are similar rules already asked for and posted on that thread. For example, RockScissorsPaperLife has State 1 spaceships that are unstoppable by State 2 (and State 2 spaceships unstoppable by State 3, and State 3 spaceships unstoppable by State 1). That's the reverse of this new request for states 1 and 2, but it's equivalent. Maybe the ThreeDeadlyEnemies or DeadlyEnemies rules would also be interesting, though they don't quite match the requested behavior either.

The only adjustment needed to the RockScissorsPaperLife rule table would be to add a transition to 0 for any "recessive" state that sees a "dominant" state as a neighbor. (And then just don't use State 3 -- unless you want to try a Rock Scissors Paper variant where each dominant state is recessive relative to the next state.)

KittyTac

Post by KittyTac » September 1st, 2018, 12:05 am

wildmyron wrote:
KittyTac wrote:A rule like GOL, but with an extra state that acts like ordinary GOL, but all state 1 cells near state 2 die and state 2 cells can be born into state 1 cells. So state 2 ships are unstoppable by state 1.
Sounds interesting, but you've left a lot of ambiguity around how cells with both cell types as neighbours should behave. Here's an example collision - could you show how the pattern should evolve for the next few generations and it should then be pretty easy to make up a rule table:

Code: Select all

x = 9, y = 4, rule = 23/3/3
B2.B$4.B2.A$B3.B.A.A$.4B2.A!
P. S. There is a good thread which you can use for these kind of requests.
The tub would be erased by the HWSS. It would plow right through like RockScissorsPaperLife.

I'll modify my request. Add 4 states to normal Life that act like the states from RockScissorsPaperLife, but move at lightspeed in 4 cardinal directions.

77topaz

Post by 77topaz » September 1st, 2018, 1:21 am

KittyTac wrote:I'll modify my request. Add 4 states to normal Life that act like the states from RockScissorsPaperLife, but move at lightspeed in 4 cardinal directions.
That's still too vague, as there are lots of rules/ways in which patterns can move at light speed in Life-like CA.

KittyTac

Post by KittyTac » September 1st, 2018, 2:06 am

77topaz wrote:
KittyTac wrote:I'll modify my request. Add 4 states to normal Life that act like the states from RockScissorsPaperLife, but move at lightspeed in 4 cardinal directions.
That's still too vague, as there are lots of rules/ways in which patterns can move at light speed in Life-like CA.
I meant like the signals from particle rules. Basically 1-cell spaceships.

Hunting

Post by Hunting » September 1st, 2018, 3:03 am

I can make that rule table. But I'm busy.

Redstoneboi

Post by Redstoneboi » September 1st, 2018, 6:25 pm

how about 2 cell spaceships, like the ones in brian’s brain, but thinner?
a head and a tail.
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.

Hunting

Post by Hunting » September 1st, 2018, 8:53 pm

Redstoneboi wrote:how about 2 cell spaceships, like the ones in brian’s brain, but thinner?
a head and a tail.
That's easy to build.

Redstoneboi

Post by Redstoneboi » September 6th, 2018, 5:33 am

Hunting wrote:
Redstoneboi wrote:how about 2 cell spaceships, like the ones in brian’s brain, but thinner?
a head and a tail.
That's easy to build.
alright.
go ahead and make a rule with a 2 cell lightspeed diagonal spaceship AND a 2 cell lightspeed orthogonal ship.
c(>^w^<c)~*
This is 「Fluffy」
「Fluffy」is my sutando.
「Fluffy」has the ability to engineer r e p l i c a t o r s.
「Fluffy」likes to watch spaceship guns in Golly.
「Fluffy」knows Natsuki best girl.

Saka

Post by Saka » September 6th, 2018, 5:44 am

Redstoneboi wrote: alright.
go ahead and make a rule with a 2 cell lightspeed diagonal spaceship AND a 2 cell lightspeed orthogonal ship.
For the highlighted request, assuming it also means p1, 4 states is required for every direction except using radius 2, which us currently out of reach for golly ruletables.