Pause state persists after drawing

Has something gone haywire? Let us know about it!
Post Reply
Gamedziner
Posts: 796
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Pause state persists after drawing

Post by Gamedziner » June 21st, 2019, 5:53 pm

If your cursor is not moving when you release the left click button, the viewer will remain paused until you move your cursor or press a button on your keyboard (scrolling does not have an effect).

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!

User avatar
rowett
Moderator
Posts: 1758
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Pause state persists after drawing

Post by rowett » June 23rd, 2019, 2:53 pm

Gamedziner wrote:If your cursor is not moving when you release the left click button, the viewer will remain paused until you move your cursor or press a button on your keyboard (scrolling does not have an effect).
This was fixed in Build 350. Thanks for reporting!

Gamedziner
Posts: 796
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Re: Pause state persists after drawing

Post by Gamedziner » June 24th, 2019, 7:01 am

rowett wrote:
Gamedziner wrote:If your cursor is not moving when you release the left click button, the viewer will remain paused until you move your cursor or press a button on your keyboard (scrolling does not have an effect).
This was fixed in Build 350. Thanks for reporting!
It still occurs. (I am using the Microsoft Edge browser, if that helps with debugging)

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!

User avatar
rowett
Moderator
Posts: 1758
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Pause state persists after drawing

Post by rowett » June 24th, 2019, 7:53 am

Gamedziner wrote:It still occurs. (I am using the Microsoft Edge browser, if that helps with debugging)
Please confirm which build you are using (click Help at the top right of the LifeViewer window).

Gamedziner
Posts: 796
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Re: Pause state persists after drawing

Post by Gamedziner » June 25th, 2019, 8:08 am

rowett wrote:
Gamedziner wrote:It still occurs. (I am using the Microsoft Edge browser, if that helps with debugging)
Please confirm which build you are using (click Help at the top right of the LifeViewer window).
Build 352. The pause state ends if you move the cursor even one pixel.

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!

User avatar
rowett
Moderator
Posts: 1758
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Pause state persists after drawing

Post by rowett » June 25th, 2019, 11:21 am

Gamedziner wrote:The pause state ends if you move the cursor even one pixel.
I can't reproduce it (even on Microsoft Edge). Here is what I've tried:
  1. Open a pattern in LifeViewer
  2. Go into Draw mode (by clicking on the Pencil icon)
  3. Starting playback (by clicking on the Play icon)
  4. Holding down the left mouse button and dragging over the grid (pauses playback and draws a line of cells)
  5. Releasing the left mouse button (playback resumes)
Are you saying that for you the final step isn't working?

User avatar
Macbi
Posts: 699
Joined: March 29th, 2009, 4:58 am

Re: Pause state persists after drawing

Post by Macbi » June 25th, 2019, 3:37 pm

I managed to duplicate the same bug in Chrome on my Android phone, version 352. Pressing play and then drawing with my finger, the evolution of the pattern would sometimes resume when I lifted my finger off the screen and sometimes wouldn't. Obviously it's harder to tell where the "cursor" is and how it's moving.

Gamedziner
Posts: 796
Joined: May 30th, 2016, 8:47 pm
Location: Milky Way Galaxy: Planet Earth

Re: Pause state persists after drawing

Post by Gamedziner » June 25th, 2019, 7:08 pm

I'm using a trackpad rather than a mouse. Could that have anything to do with this?

Code: Select all

x = 81, y = 96, rule = LifeHistory
58.2A$58.2A3$59.2A17.2A$59.2A17.2A3$79.2A$79.2A2$57.A$56.A$56.3A4$27.
A$27.A.A$27.2A21$3.2A$3.2A2.2A$7.2A18$7.2A$7.2A2.2A$11.2A11$2A$2A2.2A
$4.2A18$4.2A$4.2A2.2A$8.2A!

User avatar
rowett
Moderator
Posts: 1758
Joined: January 31st, 2013, 2:34 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Pause state persists after drawing

Post by rowett » June 26th, 2019, 6:10 am

Hopefully this is now fixed in build 353. I tested it on Microsoft Edge on Windows and Chrome on Android. Please let me know if it works for you.

Post Reply