EV(1,2,3) has ASD and ADHD

A forum where anything goes. Introduce yourselves to other members of the forums, discuss how your name evolves when written out in the Game of Life, or just tell us how you found it. This is the forum for "non-academic" content.
Entity Valkyrie 2

EV(1,2,3) has ASD and ADHD

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » October 22nd, 2019, 12:10 am

I am about to create a new account "Entity Valkyrie 3". This is because of the "idea that it is a new account and new behavior of the same guy".
Note: This may not be reasonable according to dvgrn and Ian07.

I would like to disclose that I have been diagnosed (Autism Spectrum Disorder (or Asperger Syndrome Disorder) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)).
Perhaps this is why some people like dvgrn, Sokwe and Ian07 have misunderstood my behavior due to the above diagnosis.

Sometimes I feel that certain individuals just don't comprehend my condition and believe that I don't have these conditions. But I in fact I have been diagnosed under strict assessment conditions by phycologists specializing in ASD and ADHD. I think all the users should regain their trust and understand my conditions (and in fact got annoyed by their assumptions and not understand the underlying issues).

I sincerly apologize:
1. Sorry for making silly edits in the LifeWiki.
2. Sorry for misbehaving and not listening
3. Sorry for not telling you I have ASD and ADHD

I hope you can consider my situation as I really want to contribute and be part of the group and LifeWiki again.
Entity Valkyrie 3 (by the account Entity Valkyrie 2)
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

Please click here for my own pages.

My recent rules:
B3-kq4ej5i6ckn7e/S2-i34q6a7
B3-kq4ej5y6c/S2-i34q5e
Move the Box

Moosey
Location: A house, or perhaps the OCA board. Or [click to not expand]

Re: EV(1,2,3) has ASD and ADHD

Post by Moosey » October 22nd, 2019, 6:15 am

I have Autism too-- not one that many people would consider "severe", but it's still autism. So I may be able to sympathize. But I don't have ADHD, so unfortunately I cannot sympathize there.
EV2 wrote:I am about to create a new account "Entity Valkyrie 3". This is because of the "idea that it is a new account and new behavior of the same guy".
Note: This may not be reasonable according to dvgrn and Ian07.
I would also vote that if anything, you should just go back to your old account or stay on this one. I agree with Dvgrn + Ian07 (note: for a while I could never tell whether Ian07's username started with a lowercase l or an uppercase I)
My CA rules can be found here

Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"
Nanho walåt derwo esaato?

leaplife advertising bad!

Entity Valkyrie 2

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » October 22nd, 2019, 6:17 am

What about User Mode? (i.e. can only edit user pages)
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

My recent rules:
B3-kq4ej5y6c/S2-i34q5e
Move the Box

testitemqlstudop

Post by testitemqlstudop » October 22nd, 2019, 7:11 am

lmao

wwei23

Post by wwei23 » October 22nd, 2019, 8:45 pm

I have ADHD too.

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » October 22nd, 2019, 11:19 pm

Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 6:17 am
What about User Mode? (i.e. can only edit user pages)
Well... there isn't any such thing as "User Mode" on the LifeWiki, and I don't think anyone has the MediaWiki expertise to set up that kind of special-case permissions system.

It's easy enough to simulate "User Mode", though! You just have to remember not to edit any articles unless they start with "User:Entity Valkyrie 2/".

I've turned your trusted flag back on (for user "Entity Valkryie 2"). The way "User Mode" will work is that the trusted flag will turn back off if you edit anything outside your user pages. That probably includes talk pages for main-namespace articles, at least for now.

The trusted flag may also turn off if you make a very large number of edits in a short period of time... or if you keep on creating more accounts for yourself and making an unnecessary mess that way. EV3, EV4, and so on would be just a waste of everyone's time; it's much simpler if everyone sticks with just one account (usually).

The problem is that the LifeWiki isn't really supposed to be a "User Mode" playground for anyone, under any user name. Ordinarily if you aren't contributing to the main namespace articles, there's not much reason to be editing the LifeWiki at all.

On the other hand, you've made a lot of good and interesting contributions, like the bumper and bouncer gallery that you couldn't put on the LifeWiki. Clearly a lot of effort went into that! So if you put articles in your user namespace, and make them as good as you can, then other people can come along when they have time, do some review, and move notable articles into the main namespace -- or leave notes in the articles' talk pages about why they don't seem notable.

This process could definitely still be painful for you sometimes, when you think that one of your ideas really ought to get more attention. Unfortunately sometimes Life is like that.

In those cases it's pretty important to remember to not fall into the pattern of saying the same thing multiple times in many different places. If a message wasn't convincing or interesting to other people the first time you said it, it will be even less convincing or interesting when you repeat it. Instead, it might be time to come up with new information that everybody might not know (as you did in this thread) -- or just move on to another topic.

wwei23

Post by wwei23 » October 23rd, 2019, 12:53 am

I rarely edit pages outside of my userspace (because I usually write about non-Life CA, and those CA are brute-forced by a python script on my computer), but I am still bound to the wiki itself because the wiki is the only wiki with embeddable lifeviewers. If you're not trusted on the wiki, you're out of luck. I feel like open-sourcing the embeddable lifeviewer thing would allow us to take lifeviewers to other wikis (like Fandom), and then we could edit stuff there, even if we lose the trusted flag here.

In other words, your userspace is a great place to collaborate directly (as in the same page, like a google doc, as opposed to multiple posts in a forum) with other people on things, but right now it's useable on only one wiki, and you have to have the trusted flag on that wiki.

See https://conwaylife.com/wiki/User:Wwei23 ... #7c.2F14_4 for an example of the stuff I do on my userspace, that I would be completely shut out of if I lost my trusted flag, but that I would not be shut out of if the embeddable lifeviewers were open-sourced.

Entity Valkyrie 2

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » October 23rd, 2019, 2:13 am

Can I please remove the extra glider in the P6 second column in bouncer and bumper gallery?

P.S. Can you please see how I go making user pages?
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

My recent rules:
B3-kq4ej5y6c/S2-i34q5e
Move the Box

dvgrn

Post by dvgrn » October 23rd, 2019, 5:26 pm

Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote:
October 23rd, 2019, 2:13 am
Can I please remove the extra glider in the P6 second column in bouncer and bumper gallery?
Sure -- I've made that change.
Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote:Can you please see how I go making user pages?
I'm not quite clear what you're asking, or who you're asking, but here's a possible idea:

Maybe if there are specific articles that you'd like to see moved to the main namespace, you could put a section at the top of your user page labeled "==Please Review==", with links to the articles in question. Then someone can go have a look at the them and move them over, whenever they have time -- or put a note in the Talk page for some articles to explain why they decided not to move those articles over.

... By the way, I think your forum signature text is a little bit out of date -- at least the final line is.

Moosey

Post by Moosey » October 23rd, 2019, 5:52 pm

testitemqlstudop wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 7:11 am
lmao
This seems rather rude without context supplied in the form of quotes

Bill Watterson once wrote: "How do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"

Entity Valkyrie 2

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » October 24th, 2019, 1:56 am

dvgrn wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 11:19 pm
a very large number of edits in a short period of time
What is the ratio of minutes to edits in order for it to be a “a very large number of edits in a short period of time”? Maybe 12 edits per minute, or one every 5 seconds?
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

My recent rules:
B3-kq4ej5y6c/S2-i34q5e
Move the Box

Moosey

Post by Moosey » October 24th, 2019, 7:01 am

Entity Valkyrie 2 wrote:
October 24th, 2019, 1:56 am
dvgrn wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 11:19 pm
a very large number of edits in a short period of time
What is the ratio of minutes to edits in order for it to be a “a very large number of edits in a short period of time”? Maybe 12 edits per minute, or one every 5 seconds?
Probably closer to even 1 edit/min

Entity Valkyrie 2

Post by Entity Valkyrie 2 » October 25th, 2019, 5:55 am

Well, segments of >1 edit per minute is common, but an average of >1 edit per minute in a two-hour period is really rare. That means 120 edits every two hours.

EDIT: I made 24 edits in 3 days.
Bx222 IS MY WORST ENEMY.

My recent rules:
B3-kq4ej5y6c/S2-i34q5e
Move the Box